Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Simon Mignolet Player Thread: > Club Bruges

Read 308211 times
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,620 posts | 3917 
      Re: Simon Mignolet Player Thread
      Reply #2070: Apr 24, 2016 06:21:46 pm
      You can't win much with a goalkeeper that has so many errors in him.

It's the worst prep for Thursday and now the squad won't have confidence in him.

I am gutted.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #2071: Apr 24, 2016 10:39:46 pm
      That's the thing though S@int and I ask this question is all sensibility. How badly would it have to go tits up for us all to conclude that it WAS actually a bad call? I mean just about ANY mistake Ward could make has probably already been made by Migs over the last six months. I suppose the answer to the question is "Bogdan" tits up, but I can't believe Ward can be that bad.

Bogdan's errors were no worse than Mignolet's nor as many yet he's bombed out of the side with the explicit, if unspoken acknowledgement that his time at LFC is over. There are a few strange double standards surrounding this player and I for one would like to know why he is entitled to different treatment to other players in the squad by being rewarded for his failures.

He has some damning statistics surrounding him:

- Joint worse keeper for shot stopping in the league (fifteen goalkeepers ahead of him with many having faced more shots)
      - He's been beaten on the opposition's first shot more times than any other goalkeeper in the division.
      - He's made more individual errors that have lead to a goal than any other keeper in the division.

So in short, he can't command his area, he can't handle high balls, he can't distribute by kicking and he's not very good at shot stopping either, the one saving grace some would have us believe he has. So what is he actually good for? Despite all this he's handed a lucrative new contract when others are told they either have to wait or have to leave the club in the Summer, despite some of them being more consistent than him.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #2072: Apr 24, 2016 10:52:50 pm
      Maybe we should be thankful he dropped a clanger yest - makes less likely to on Thurs ?  Unless his mistakes are like the buses, you don't see one for a while that 2 or 3 come at once :(
      Wonder if his record in the Europa has been good compared with the PL ?! ... maybe it is, and that will continue.
      Expect him to play, and with Sakho out, the defense will likely be a bit unsettled. so could really do with our F***ing 5 year man showing some leadership and put in a commanding performance. I know - that has just F***ing jinxed it !!!
      Bollox to fate, do us a favour Simon, please...
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #2073: Apr 24, 2016 11:04:46 pm

David De Gea £200k pw
      Joe Hart on £120,000 pw
      Petr Cech on £100,000 pw

Mignolet £60k pw

Only thing I can think of.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #2074: Apr 24, 2016 11:31:04 pm
      David De Gea £200k pw
      Joe Hart on £120,000 pw
      Petr Cech on £100,000 pw

Mignolet £60k pw

He has to be on the take. Seriously
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,209 posts | 1213 
      Reply #2075: Apr 24, 2016 11:43:20 pm
      Our only hope may be just trying to keep it on the down-low and when he does have a good game (hopefully in the EL final), some scout somewhere might get the impression that he's actually quite good.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #2076: Apr 24, 2016 11:49:55 pm
      Our only hope may be just trying to keep it on the down-low and when he does have a good game (hopefully in the EL final), some scout somewhere might get the impression that he's actually quite good.

Only way that's working is if we move on our scouts somewhere first :D
      Kharhaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 685 posts | 200 
      Reply #2077: Apr 25, 2016 02:44:18 am
      David De Gea £200k pw
      Joe Hart on £120,000 pw
      Petr Cech on £100,000 pw

Mignolet £60k pw

HES ON 60K A WEEK???
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #2078: Apr 25, 2016 11:06:17 am
      Hopefully Jürgen is on the case as its come now to the point where GK must be our No 1 priority in the summer never mind our need for new CB's and midfielders.

There is a saying in football that a decent keeper is worth an additional 10 points well this clown is costing us at least 10 points so that's a 20 point turnaround.

Another 20 pts imagine where we would be currently sitting in the league!
      Red John
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 390 posts | 127 
      Reply #2079: Apr 25, 2016 11:13:23 am
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,620 posts | 3917 
      Reply #2080: Apr 25, 2016 11:59:02 am
      Bogdan's errors were no worse than Mignolet's nor as many yet he's bombed out of the side with the explicit, if unspoken acknowledgement that his time at LFC is over. There are a few strange double standards surrounding this player and I for one would like to know why he is entitled to different treatment to other players in the squad by being rewarded for his failures.

He has some damning statistics surrounding him:

- Joint worse keeper for shot stopping in the league (fifteen goalkeepers ahead of him with many having faced more shots)
      - He's been beaten on the opposition's first shot more times than any other goalkeeper in the division.
      - He's made more individual errors that have lead to a goal than any other keeper in the division.

So in short, he can't command his area, he can't handle high balls, he can't distribute by kicking and he's not very good at shot stopping either, the one saving grace some would have us believe he has. So what is he actually good for? Despite all this he's handed a lucrative new contract when others are told they either have to wait or have to leave the club in the Summer, despite some of them being more consistent than him.

F**k me. Surely this can be sent via email to someone on the Liverpool board? Just in case they've missed it.

Damning statistics. How the F**k are we supposed to realise our potential with one of the worst goalkeepers in the premier league?

Pisses me off so much.

ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #2081: Apr 28, 2016 04:47:01 pm
      NOPE! no, na,

He should not be our No1 GK next season, good back up yes but not no1. He's improved i'll give him that but he's a flapper and poor at distribution and crosses so pretty much useless. go all out for Barca no2
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #2082: Apr 28, 2016 04:52:13 pm
      NOPE! no, na,

He should not be our No1 GK next season, good back up yes but not no1. He's improved i'll give him that but he's a flapper and poor at distribution and crosses so pretty much useless. go all out for Barca no2

There's a lot saying good back up but I have seen nothing to suggest that he is even at the level of a number 2 keeper.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #2083: May 04, 2016 06:37:57 pm

Stats taken per 90 mins on average over the season.

Worst in the league. Worse than a 16 year old too.

F**k you Simon you useless c**t.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,620 posts | 3917 
      Reply #2084: May 04, 2016 06:59:18 pm

Stats taken per 90 mins on average over the season.

Worst in the league. Worse than a 16 year old too.

F**k you Simon you useless c**t.

Wow that is just shocking. Shocking stats.

Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #2085: May 04, 2016 06:59:32 pm
      Sorry for the double post but...

I thought I would compare simple Simon to the goalkeepers of the bottom 4 teams in the Championship and... Well he's worse than them too.

For a fun game visit the squaka stat comparison site and see if you can find a keeper who makes more mistakes and makes less saves per goals conceded because I have not been able to so far.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #2086: May 05, 2016 11:00:56 pm
      Big save at a critical time in a very big match Simon, well done.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,688 posts | 3709 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #2087: May 06, 2016 08:15:28 am
      Well done for a key save. The shot was also deflected which made it better save!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #2088: May 06, 2016 09:37:40 am
      A goal keeper can only keep a clean sheet well done Migs.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #2089: May 18, 2016 10:53:10 pm
      Should have saved that 3rd one easily and maybe you never know. But Migs like the other bottlers is just one of the weak links that needs decoupling.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #2090: May 18, 2016 10:55:19 pm
      His "great save" was mostly because the bloke hit it straight at him. I think De Gea would have saved the third definitely, would have saved the second if it was us playing against the Mancs, and would probably have cut out the cross for the first n'all.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #2091: May 18, 2016 10:56:41 pm
      Would be nice to have a keeper who could actually make that top class save every now and then to help us win games.

And by that I don't mean saving shots with his knee that are hit straight at him. Command of his box was appalling tonight. Another one that needs to go if we are going to be serious about winning anything.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #2092: May 18, 2016 10:57:00 pm
      Should have saved that 3rd one easily and maybe you never know. But Migs like the other bottlers is just one of the weak links that needs decoupling.

Gone beyond the point with him now. 4 Shots on target 3 goals and he has people saying "amazing save" when you look back at it, it's hit right at him. The 3rd, as you say a top keeper saves that. I don't actually know where he was for the tap in (their first) somewhere near the corner flag I think.

Couldn't believe they were defending him on BT Sports, has to start as back-up next season. Like the look of that Karius lad, right now I'd probably settle for a large traffic cone and see the possible benefits compared to Simon.

There was one moment between him and Moreno when both of them were doing their best chuckle brothers impression when in acres of space, they did it for that long that the Sevilla player nearly nipped in, really summed the pair up that did.

Quick Reply