Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Simon Mignolet Player Thread: > Club Bruges

Read 307695 times
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Re: Simon Mignolet Player Thread
      Reply #2093: May 18, 2016 11:03:11 pm
      What bout the cross that looped over the six yard box and the daft f***** just stood there looking at it?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #2094: May 18, 2016 11:06:28 pm
      What bout the cross that looped over the six yard box and the daft f***** just stood there looking at it?

Are you surprised?
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #2095: May 18, 2016 11:09:44 pm

Actually managed to forget that moment Mick. I was surprised nobody had a go at him but then you realise that they've all accepted he's that sh*t which is even worse.

federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #2096: May 18, 2016 11:19:43 pm
      I think I'll go crazy if I see another journalist say we are bringing in a new keeper to "provide competition for Mignolet."

We don't need to "provide competition" for Mignolet.

WE NEED TO GET RID OF HIM. 

full stop.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #2097: May 18, 2016 11:25:48 pm
      Actually managed to forget that moment Mick. I was surprised nobody had a go at him but then you realise that they've all accepted he's that sh*t which is even worse.

We're all guilty of it Luke. Same as with Moreno, we almost accept the f*** ups by closing our eyes, blocking our ears and hoping for the best. When you open them again, if it isn't in the back of the net you think "ah well, it wasn't too bad really". In reality though when you watch the pair of them closely, there's errors left right and centre.   
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #2098: May 19, 2016 02:44:27 am
      His "great save" was mostly because the bloke hit it straight at him. I think De Gea would have saved the third definitely, would have saved the second if it was us playing against the Mancs, and would probably have cut out the cross for the first n'all.

De Gea is the second best keeper in the world and light years ahead of the third best keeper. It's really harsh to use him as the standard for any keeper.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,684 posts | 6690 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #2099: May 19, 2016 05:00:34 am

Would be nice to have a keeper who could actually make that top class save every now and then to help us win games.

And by that I don't mean saving shots with his knee that are hit straight at him. Command of his box was appalling tonight. Another one that needs to go if we are going to be serious about winning anything.

Absolutely F**k spotting on, both of these comments.

I noticed it all game, he was rooted to his spot, didn't wan't to come off his F***ing line...was like a SCARED F***ing deer in headlights, shitting himself that he was going to make a mistake.

Sooner we get rid of this calamity, the better.

ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,929 posts | 1477 
      Reply #2100: May 19, 2016 01:33:14 pm
      De Gea is the second best keeper in the world and light years ahead of the third best keeper. It's really harsh to use him as the standard for any keeper.

Reasonable by our own standards. But not if we go by the mighty Liverpool standard. The fact is Simon can't match up to our collective expectations as a club and our history. By this alone he's not good enough. Bench or go.
      friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #2101: May 19, 2016 03:54:04 pm
      Reasonable by our own standards. But not if we go by the mighty Liverpool standard. The fact is Simon can't match up to our collective expectations as a club and our history. By this alone he's not good enough. Bench or go.

You sound like a Newcastle fan...
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8520 
      Reply #2102: May 19, 2016 04:21:53 pm
      Don't know what everyone is whinging about Simon for? Hardly one of the worst wearing the shirt last night, granted not advocating a five year contract or anything, but so many others to point the finger at for last night before starting on the ming.
      redmau5
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 393 posts |
      Reply #2103: May 19, 2016 05:00:42 pm
      Simon is awful.  No command of the area.  Unless the shot is at him, it seems he gives up attempting to save it. 

Just dive, try and get a hand on the ball.  He seems to half ass it too much.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,684 posts | 6690 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #2104: May 19, 2016 10:27:40 pm
      Don't know what everyone is whinging about Simon for? Hardly one of the worst wearing the shirt last night, granted not advocating a five year contract or anything, but so many others to point the finger at for last night before starting on the ming.

Sorry mate, but I thought he was woeful last night. Apart from the save he made that hit him, he didn't command his area at all. Watch that match again (at your own peril) and you see how many times it looks like he has concrete boots on. He doesn't move, he lets his defenders try to clear the ball  every time. Instills no confidence in them at all and none in me.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,678 posts | 3699 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #2105: May 24, 2016 05:31:26 pm
      You need to work harder now that Karius has signed. He will push him hard.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #2106: May 24, 2016 05:41:40 pm
      You need to work harder now that Karius has signed. He will push him hard.
      I suspect Mignolet and Ward will be competing for the bench.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,678 posts | 3699 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #2107: May 24, 2016 05:53:37 pm
      I suspect Mignolet and Ward will be competing for the bench.

After December I also think that he will be on the bench.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #2108: May 25, 2016 01:58:34 am
      I want all Liverpool players to do well
      I want players who have a dip in confidence or form to get the backing by the club and us fans to come through it and succeed
      BUT
      Mig really hasn't done that
      He has let himself and us down a lot
      He isn't terrible.
      At times he is pretty good
      It's just the consistency and game intelligence that shows that he will never be a top keeper that any team that wants to challenging for trophies need
      Yes, lorius will push him to try even harder but the fact to me is that if you just don't have the ability to be a top class keeper, no matter him much competition and training you get you aren't ever going to develop into what we rightfully need.
      Red John
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 390 posts | 127 
      Reply #2109: Jun 02, 2016 09:37:46 am
      Mignolet is ready for Klopp's preseason:

Mignolet: Pre-season schedule will help us meet Klopp's demands

Simon Mignolet believes Liverpool’s proposed pre-season preparations will ensure they’re in the best possible shape to execute Jürgen Klopp’s game-plans in 2016-17.

The Reds will contest a quartet of domestic friendlies in early July against Tranmere Rovers, Fleetwood Town, Wigan Athletic and Huddersfield Town before jetting out to the United States.

Across the Atlantic, they will take on Chelsea in Pasadena and AC Milan in Santa Clara, before returning to the UK to tackle Barcelona at Wembley – all three matches are part of the International Champions Cup tournament. In between, a head-to-head with AS Roma has been pencilled in for August 1.

And Mignolet feels this schedule will stand Liverpool in good stead ahead of the new campaign, which will be Klopp’s first full season at the Anfield helm.

The goalkeeper told talkaloadofbull.com: “The gaffer wants us to work really hard in preparation for next season to make sure we are fit and can deal with the intensity and his demands.

“We weren’t able to train much with all the games we played - the matches were like our training - so this gives him a chance to spend more time working on everything he expects from us.

“In the gaffer’s seven months here we’ve seen that we’re heading in the right direction and in pre-season he can put his stamp more so on us and implement his thinking more.

“Those games in the ICC against such big teams is the best sort of preparation. It will be a great workout and something to look forward to.”
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #2110: Jun 02, 2016 01:39:12 pm
      Well in the modern game it's league games for one keeper and cup games for the other.

Wonder if that is the plan for Loris and Simon.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #2111: Jun 02, 2016 07:19:10 pm
      Mignolet is ready for Klopp's preseason:

Mignolet: Pre-season schedule will help us meet Klopp's demands

Simon Mignolet believes Liverpool’s proposed pre-season preparations will ensure they’re in the best possible shape to execute Jürgen Klopp’s game-plans in 2016-17.

The Reds will contest a quartet of domestic friendlies in early July against Tranmere Rovers, Fleetwood Town, Wigan Athletic and Huddersfield Town before jetting out to the United States.

Across the Atlantic, they will take on Chelsea in Pasadena and AC Milan in Santa Clara, before returning to the UK to tackle Barcelona at Wembley – all three matches are part of the International Champions Cup tournament. In between, a head-to-head with AS Roma has been pencilled in for August 1.

And Mignolet feels this schedule will stand Liverpool in good stead ahead of the new campaign, which will be Klopp’s first full season at the Anfield helm.

The goalkeeper told talkaloadofbull.com: “The gaffer wants us to work really hard in preparation for next season to make sure we are fit and can deal with the intensity and his demands.

“We weren’t able to train much with all the games we played - the matches were like our training - so this gives him a chance to spend more time working on everything he expects from us.

“In the gaffer’s seven months here we’ve seen that we’re heading in the right direction and in pre-season he can put his stamp more so on us and implement his thinking more.

“Those games in the ICC against such big teams is the best sort of preparation. It will be a great workout and something to look forward to.”
      Mignolet has been all talk and no trousers all season, I am not going to bother reading it.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,907 posts | 4972 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #2112: Jun 02, 2016 07:40:13 pm
      Mignolet has been all talk and no trousers all season, I am not going to bother reading it.

Well thank you very much for your invaluable input,

I think Migs will need to have further little chats with his missus, Klopp bringing in Loris means Migs will be fighting for his place alongside Danny Ward, I think this was Klopp's plan all along despite missing out on Europe,
      Be interesting what Simons attitude will be after being on the bench after the first 4 months of the campaign, will he want a move in the Jan window or will he endure further misery until May ?

YNWA
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #2113: Jun 02, 2016 08:16:47 pm
      Mignolet has been all talk and no trousers all season

Mignolet's a fine dresser. It's his goalkeeping that's up for debate.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #2114: Jun 03, 2016 05:49:55 am
      I think I'll go crazy if I see another journalist say we are bringing in a new keeper to "provide competition for Mignolet."

We don't need to "provide competition" for Mignolet.

WE NEED TO GET RID OF HIM. 

full stop.

stop reading shithole media then, you know klopp's got a new number 1, i know klopp's got a new number 1, what's there to be upset about
      Red John
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 390 posts | 127 
      Reply #2115: Jun 03, 2016 09:50:27 am
      Simon Mignolet reveals the secrets of his Liverpool team-mates. :)

https://youtu.be/hAbQC7oissw

Quick Reply