Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Simon Mignolet Player Thread: > Club Bruges

Read 307848 times
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,480 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Re: Simon Mignolet Player Thread
      Reply #529: May 03, 2014 08:48:18 am
      Does he have a proper song yet other than the old Sunderland one he has used to have?

To the tune of 'I am the music man'

His name is Mignolet, he comes from far away, and can he save!
      Oh can he save!

Migno Migno Migno-let Mignolet Mignolet (to the tune of Pia Pia Pia-ano)

(Skip trombone and bagpipes as I have nothing for Ooompa Ooompa Ooompa Ah or for Scotland The Brave.)

Coutinhooooooo!
      Flannnnoooo!
      Yeeaah-yeah-yeah-yeah
      Yeeaah-yeah-yeah-yeah
      Oggy oggy oggy! (optional)
      Oi oi oi! (optional)

The Music Man: "His name is Mignolet, he comes from far away and can he save!
      Oh can he save!
      Match of the Day...

Do do do do (to the tune of MOTD)
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,385 posts | 3394 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #530: May 03, 2014 10:58:00 am
      Does he have a proper song yet other than the old Sunderland one he has used to have?

To the tune of 'I am the music man'

His name is Mignolet, he comes from far away, and can he save!
      Oh can he save!

Migno Migno Migno-let Mignolet Mignolet (to the tune of Pia Pia Pia-ano)

(Skip trombone and bagpipes as I have nothing for Ooompa Ooompa Ooompa Ah or for Scotland The Brave.)

Coutinhooooooo!
      Flannnnoooo!
      Yeeaah-yeah-yeah-yeah
      Yeeaah-yeah-yeah-yeah
      Oggy oggy oggy! (optional)
      Oi oi oi! (optional)

The Music Man: "His name is Mignolet, he comes from far away and can he save!
      Oh can he save!
      Match of the Day...

Do do do do (to the tune of MOTD)

do you have a lot of spare time.................... ..
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,480 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #531: May 03, 2014 07:22:11 pm
      do you have a lot of spare time.................... ..

Actually, no.

Came to me this morning before work.. :laugh:
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #532: May 06, 2014 02:09:05 pm
      I've said it before. And no reason to change my mind.  This fella was not a £10M upgrade on what we had.

While a change of keeper is not my top priority for this summer, if the option to replace him came up I probably would take a look at it.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #533: May 06, 2014 02:29:07 pm
      I've said it before. And no reason to change my mind.  This fella was not a £10M upgrade on what we had.

While a change of keeper is not my top priority for this summer, if the option to replace him came up I probably would take a look at it.

He's not been a huge upgarde, but I truly believe he's done better for us this season than Reina would have. That said, I'd still love to see Pepe back here fighting for his spot. Think it would make them both better.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #534: May 07, 2014 08:25:45 pm
      Guzan just took out his own player to get the ball. Take note Migs.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #535: May 07, 2014 08:36:35 pm

Guzan is a bit of a bruiser..... Mignolet strikes me as a bit of a finesse guy.
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #536: May 07, 2014 08:39:58 pm
      I love Guzan, think he is a great keeper. Hopefully he shows it today!
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #537: May 07, 2014 08:43:51 pm

Hey now, Mignolet punched Agger's lights out at Old Trafford :laugh:
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,487 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #538: May 08, 2014 11:16:42 am
      I honestly believe that Mig's injury time save in the very first game of the season against Stoke, is what set our momentum going. It was a phenomenal moment and it instilled a never say die attitude and a belief that this could be a special season in everyone from that second on.

It was palpable :D

Good to see he's getting the hang of crosses too
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #539: May 08, 2014 12:05:35 pm
      Not overly convinced about him but I don't know who I would have instead of him. I think he has had a good second half of the season and he will get better next season. I cant really say that any player has let us down how could I when you look at our league position going into the last game still with a chance of winning the league
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #540: Jul 26, 2014 04:48:59 pm
      Back to work #preseason @LFCUSA #LFCTour pic.twitter.com/jhHGGMvn7D
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #541: Jul 26, 2014 05:51:22 pm
      Though I wanted us to sign a new #1, It's good to see him back. I hope he proves me wrong!

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #542: Jul 26, 2014 06:54:11 pm
      The lad will be a lot more decisive this term hopefully and stop F***ing flapping when he gets pressurised.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #543: Jul 26, 2014 07:07:57 pm
      The lad will be a lot more decisive this term hopefully and stop F***ing flapping when he gets pressurised.

That second goal we conceded away at the Etihad is torturous.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #544: Jul 26, 2014 08:47:16 pm
      Mignolet will be a beast this season, the bedding in period never went that bad, he will command his area ten times better. How do I know? because he's our Migs and he got last season off to a epic start, iconic even.

Don't feed him your nerves because he doesn't like nervy noodles, the man is going to be like superman in that box, watch it happen.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,678 posts | 3699 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #545: Jul 26, 2014 09:04:27 pm
      Mignolet will be a beast this season, the bedding in period never went that bad, he will command his area ten times better. How do I know? because he's our Migs and he got last season off to a epic start, iconic even.

Don't feed him your nerves because he doesn't like nervy noodles, the man is going to be like superman in that box, watch it happen.

YNWA Totally agree
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #546: Jul 26, 2014 10:27:59 pm
      He can only improve based upon his age and experience and now entering into his second year at the club.
      He was pretty good last year and hopefully now with a better CB situation he can gain confidence.
      I have faith in his for many years to come
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #547: Jul 26, 2014 11:07:02 pm
      The lad will be a lot more decisive this term hopefully and stop f**king flapping when he gets pressurised.

You're going to have to help me out with this one.  You know he's going to be a beast this season because... he plays for us?

that's your line of reasoning?

so every player suddenly becomes a beast automatically in their second year just because they play for us?

I really, really hope the transfer committee has more of a brain than that and doesn't say "we don't need competition for Mignolet, he's going to be a lot better this season... why?  well... he just will!"

Hopefully they'll actually sit there and think "look, he didn't exactly cover himself in glory last season, he doesn't talk to the back four, he is afraid of his own shadow in the box, he's tentative, and we already are shaky enough in defense, we need to bring someone else in to challenge him." 

fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #548: Jul 26, 2014 11:13:09 pm
      You're going to have to help me out with this one.  You know he's going to be a beast this season because... he plays for us?

that's your line of reasoning?

so every player suddenly becomes a beast automatically in their second year just because they play for us?

I really, really hope the transfer committee has more of a brain than that and doesn't say "we don't need competition for Mignolet, he's going to be a lot better this season... why?  well... he just will!"

Hopefully they'll actually sit there and think "look, he didn't exactly cover himself in glory last season, he doesn't talk to the back four, he is afraid of his own shadow in the box, he's tentative, and we already are shaky enough in defense, we need to bring someone else in to challenge him." 

Because I think he's a sharp keeper who will improve in commanding his area, why? I believe in our coach to take steps to address that area.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #549: Jul 26, 2014 11:29:26 pm

Don't think he's saying that at all. But look how many new/ish players improved in their second seasons at the club under Brendan: Sturridge, Coutinho, Allen, Henderson, Enrique, even Downing. No reason to think Mignolet can't improve too.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #550: Jul 27, 2014 12:07:40 am
      Definitely a big season for him, I'm sure he will prove all the doubters wrong.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #551: Jul 27, 2014 01:02:24 am
      Don't think he's saying that at all. But look how many new/ish players improved in their second seasons at the club under Brendan: Sturridge, Coutinho, Allen, Henderson, Enrique, even Downing. No reason to think Mignolet can't improve too.

Sorry but Sturridge and Coutinho hit the ground running right away.  Henderson was definitely NOT better in his second season---he didn't start showing his current form until last season (n.3).  Allen's improvement is questionable.  Downing never had a good season under us, so I don't know what you're talking about.

Because I think he's a sharp keeper who will improve in commanding his area, why? I believe in our coach to take steps to address that area.

if it's just down to coaching, why didn't he do it last season?  and why didn't our keeper's coach do it last season?

come on, face up to reality.

Quick Reply