Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Simon Mignolet Player Thread: > Club Bruges

Read 307766 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Re: Simon Mignolet Player Thread
      Reply #805: Nov 05, 2014 03:03:55 pm
      Was better last night.  He'll need to do better than one decent game in 50 though.

Hope it's the start of us eating humble pie over him.

Clean sheet Saturday lad.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Reply #806: Nov 05, 2014 06:52:48 pm
      Anyone have a gif of migs putting the moves on Ronaldo??
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #807: Nov 06, 2014 08:04:21 am
      He pulled off some top notch saves it was a great performance by him, but why does he boot the ball any old place? Don't get it.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #808: Nov 06, 2014 08:44:37 am
      I thought he was excellent against Madrid and has been better in our last few games, although I am sure it has helped that we haven't been as gung ho in our attacking in the last few games as we usually are.

I still believe we need better, or at least someone at a level to challenge him.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #809: Nov 06, 2014 05:08:48 pm
      best player for us against real, hope he will be consistent in the future
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #810: Nov 06, 2014 08:00:44 pm
      I thought he was excellent against Madrid and has been better in our last few games, although I am sure it has helped that we haven't been as gung ho in our attacking in the last few games as we usually are.

I still believe we need better, or at least someone at a level to challenge him.

Someone to challenge him, definitely.

I've been hearing his shouts in the last few matches.
      About time.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #811: Nov 06, 2014 10:25:44 pm
      best player for us against real, hope he will be consistent in the future

He was far from consistent in that game and if that display puts him as our best player then we did have a mare. Yes he done better and made some good saves but for every 2 good saves he made he would do something stupid like not catch a weak Ronaldo free kick and put it back into the danger area and still looked timid when going for the ball.

A half decent display doesn't do enough change my opinion of him. We need better, end of.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #812: Nov 08, 2014 05:57:15 pm
      Crap kicking once again today, almost got us in all kinds of trouble by giving it straight to them. The last kick of the game summed things up too, tried a simple pass to Skrtel but he some how manage to put it out for a corner under no pressure at all, luckily the full time whistle went although it's not like we were chasing a goal or anything...
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #813: Nov 08, 2014 07:15:08 pm
      He was far from consistent in that game and if that display puts him as our best player then we did have a mare. Yes he done better and made some good saves but for every 2 good saves he made he would do something stupid like not catch a weak Ronaldo free kick and put it back into the danger area and still looked timid when going for the ball.

A half decent display doesn't do enough change my opinion of him. We need better, end of.

Crap kicking once again today, almost got us in all kinds of trouble by giving it straight to them. The last kick of the game summed things up too, tried a simple pass to Skrtel but he some how manage to put it out for a corner under no pressure at all, luckily the full time whistle went although it's not like we were chasing a goal or anything...

The Real game.

There was a free kick . Pepe would have had his body behind it.  Mignolet parried it first.
      Its OK punching balls clear if you are under pressure but to do it when you are not and always give the opposition 50/50 on the loose ball is a basic keeping error.

Today? Chavs?

Last kick of the game?  Horror story. 
      Just thankful it was the last kick of the game.

... and he is our first choice keeper ?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #814: Nov 08, 2014 07:46:18 pm
      ... and he is our first choice keeper ?

Mate the mind boggles. We were lucky to have such a top keeper in Pepe for so long after having to deal with an incredibly inconsistent Dudek and an injury prone Chris Kirkland battling for number 1. Now we get shot of Pepe for a guy that couldn't catch a cold or kick a barn door without doing it wrong.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #815: Nov 09, 2014 02:51:47 am
      Last kick of the game?  Horror story. 
      Just thankful it was the last kick of the game.

I actually laughed out loud when I saw him do that.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #816: Nov 09, 2014 12:18:46 pm
      First time Mignolet has caught a ball cleanly and he carries it over the f**king goal line :)

I thought he has a pretty decent game again, but his distribution just gets worse and worse.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #817: Nov 09, 2014 12:28:46 pm
      I was watching the game with my mates and we were rolling around the room laughing at that kick at the end.

If you can't laugh at yourself...that's the only way to get through these games at the minute :(
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #818: Nov 09, 2014 12:36:01 pm
      Thought he had a good game again myself. Along with the rest of the back four though, he should show less reluctance to put his foot through it. Until we start to play well, lets play our football in the opposition half more often. It won't be pretty, but I don't give a running f*ck.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #819: Nov 09, 2014 12:37:11 pm
      Mate the mind boggles. We were lucky to have such a top keeper in Pepe for so long after having to deal with an incredibly inconsistent Dudek and an injury prone Chris Kirkland battling for number 1. Now we get shot of Pepe for a guy that couldn't catch a cold or kick a barn door without doing it wrong.

interesting Stevie puts Pepe in his best X1 but Rodgers obviously didn't. I always come back to his dealings with the senior players he inherited he couldn't wait to get shut.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #820: Nov 09, 2014 12:38:29 pm
      First time Mignolet has caught a ball cleanly and he carries it over the f**king goal line :)

I thought he has a pretty decent game again, but his distribution just gets worse and worse.

He is probably as good a shot stopper as Neuer but he has the presence of Norman wisdom
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #821: Nov 09, 2014 12:50:08 pm
      Thought he had a good game again myself. Along with the rest of the back four though, he should show less reluctance to put his foot through it. Until we start to play well, lets play our football in the opposition half more often. It won't be pretty, but I don't give a running f*ck.

What, you wanted him to hurt someone in the Annie rd end?

I'm all for giving it back to the crowd with good performances fella, but GBH with a ball is a bit harsh.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #822: Nov 09, 2014 03:44:15 pm
      At fault for both of those goals yesterday - his usual trick of parrying the ball straight at an opposition player.

He's worth at least a goal start for whoever we play.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #823: Nov 13, 2014 01:11:26 pm
      At fault for both of those goals yesterday - his usual trick of parrying the ball straight at an opposition player.

He's worth at least a goal start for whoever we play.

Agreed.

Should have been BR's first priority if club wanted to bring down wage bill for Pepe.
      Work from the back to the front of the team. Basic stuff.

Looks like we could be in at Fiorentina for their goalie Neto.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #824: Nov 13, 2014 01:13:04 pm
      interesting Stevie puts Pepe in his best X1 but Rodgers obviously didn't. I always come back to his dealings with the senior players he inherited he couldn't wait to get shut.

Control. 

Mine all mine ........... !
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #825: Nov 13, 2014 01:19:46 pm
      Control. 

Mine all mine ........... !

I think that's a bit unfair.
      All managers do it, and it's one of the things that leaves me really frustrated.
      KK did it with Maxi and Kuyt for example.

My opinion is that we really should have made more of an effort to keep Pepe, because a young keeper can't simply come in and replace someone that good. Even a declining Reina still had a lot to give, and a lot that he could teach a young up and comer.

I think we're just seeing the result of too much pressure put on a young keeper still learning his trade.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,277 posts | 762 
      Reply #826: Nov 13, 2014 01:24:46 pm
      Simon has the ability to make some great saves, as we all know. Although his handling and distribution leaves a lot to be desired, deffo need a quality back up for him in January.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #827: Nov 13, 2014 01:30:05 pm
      I think that's a bit unfair.
      All managers do it, and it's one of the things that leaves me really frustrated.
      KK did it with Maxi and Kuyt for example.

My opinion is that we really should have made more of an effort to keep Pepe, because a young keeper can't simply come in and replace someone that good. Even a declining Reina still had a lot to give, and a lot that he could teach a young up and comer.

I think we're just seeing the result of too much pressure put on a young keeper still learning his trade.

You are right.
      Impossible to bring in someone who is learning their trade and expect them to be put between the sticks for a club with CL ambitions let alone Premier League.
      They were so obsessed to get the wage bill down.

Q : If that was the case why wasn't Johnson on his ludicrous money also shipped out ?

Quick Reply