Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Suarez's replacement

Read 22564 times
      staffletop
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 679 posts | 29 
      Re: Suarez's replacement
      Reply #115: Aug 07, 2013 10:48:56 pm

It'll be all over twatter by morning...;D
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #116: Aug 07, 2013 10:53:03 pm
      I'd go all out and test Chelsea's resolve on Lukaku.

The lad has it all to be one of the very best I feel.

Then spend our proper transfer budget, the £20M odd we are supposed to have, on one or two to add to the team.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,385 posts | 3394 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #117: Aug 08, 2013 10:46:41 am
      Badly. I mean, his stats ain't that bad, he's scored some goals, but overall his performances have been below expectations. Corinthians paid a lot of money in Brazilian standards for him and so far have been disappointed. Wouldn't consider him an option myself.
      I can't see why Paulo Guerreo is preferred to him, at least Pato when he's fit makes good runs whereas Guerreo doesn't do anything !
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #118: Aug 08, 2013 11:08:14 am
      Lets face it Goofy is leaving and TBH i want him out of our club he's doing a Torress now saying he wants CL footy Torres went to rent boys had success in Champions league but hes still unhappy, he knows deep down he should have stayed with LFC as we love our players like family members.

We need to have one big name/top world class player in the door by the end of the week as even if Suarez stays we need cover.

Loan Borini out to a PL club for 6months to gain experiance and up his sharpness, then buy the greek CB and a LWB as Enrique has shown how injury prone he is
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #119: Aug 08, 2013 09:49:10 pm
      ... donde esta  Costa ?

Gone quiet ......
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #120: Aug 08, 2013 10:22:02 pm
      No replacement needed as of yet according to JW tonight.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #121: Aug 09, 2013 12:29:06 am
      ....Suarez
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,112 posts | 2766 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #122: Aug 09, 2013 01:30:05 pm
      id rather have Fowler out of retirement up front then this yoke.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,911 posts | 4979 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #123: Aug 09, 2013 07:02:38 pm
      I think it's possible that the Tevez situation at Citeh could happen here, albeit for different reasons, after JW's stance followed by no further bids(I doubt there will be any now) the dust will settle along with the further six games of his ban,
      I would think that Brendan should extend his spell on his own for disrespecting the club and fans, and only then if we get a written apology from the man himself should he be considered for selection,

Personally I would let the kunt rot but we all know that's not going to happen.
      YNWA
      Brilliant Babbel
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 510 posts | 10 
      Reply #124: Aug 09, 2013 08:00:19 pm
      I think it's possible that the Tevez situation at Citeh could happen here, albeit for different reasons, after JW's stance followed by no further bids(I doubt there will be any now) the dust will settle along with the further six games of his ban,
      I would think that Brendan should extend his spell on his own for disrespecting the club and fans, and only then if we get a written apology from the man himself should he be considered for selection,

Personally I would let the kunt rot but we all know that's not going to happen.
      YNWA
      If he stays, I imagine the following will happen...

-BR agrees to let Suarez leave next summer and tells him he'll start the wheels moving early on to a club of his preference, as long as it's outside the PL.

-Terms of a sale will be agreed early with Suarez's agent, so he can tout Luis around from the start of next year for a summer deal

-Suarez says sorry and plays a blinder, along with a good World Cup.

-Suarez leaves early in the summer of 2014 and we replace him early on 'cos we've spent the last 9 months searching.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #125: Nov 11, 2014 09:55:09 pm
      Or we can go to Southampton and test them with a bid for their number 7 - Rickie Lambert.

I think he has pretty much found his level and if Rodgers didn't like Carroll's skill set then there is very little chance he would go for Lambert.

I have a feeling we wont replace him!

Alexis Sanchez possibly? Might find it difficult to get into the Barcelona team this season with Neymar coming in, and I do rate him.

it's not necessarily finding a direct replacement for Suarez but rather what we would do with the funds.

Defensive midfielder should be a main priority

-Terms of a sale will be agreed early with Suarez's agent, so he can tout Luis around from the start of next year for a summer deal

-Suarez says sorry and plays a blinder, along with a good World Cup.

-Suarez leaves early in the summer of 2014 and we replace him early on 'cos we've spent the last 9 months searching.

Thought I might revive this thread and quote some stuff I enjoyed :D Interesting read from last Summer 2013!!
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #126: Nov 11, 2014 10:08:53 pm
      Thought I might revive this thread and quote some stuff I enjoyed :D Interesting read from last Summer 2013!!

Interesting little debate that was had.

Bang on Debs, until FSG match the ambition of ambitious, success hungry players the cycle will continue and unfortunately I don't think they have the mindset to truly care, their priorities seem to lie elsewhere. I'm sure though they'll have a nice pension fund when the time comes to sell up and when they do they will have won in their eyes but not in ours.

I tell you what though if we do sell Suarez and Reina in this window the tea lady better look out as her wages will be creeping near the top and you know what happens when you earn the most at our club.

Thought I'd just quote myself on this with the Gerrard/Johnson contracts coming up. Rather than replace Suarez who is the next nearest the top of our chopping block?

FSG - Either have a baldric like cunning plan to earn more with such a small wage bill so that under FFP we can splurge in one fell swoop.

Or

Perhaps they're making us look better on the books for another reason, I mean whoever starts by expanding the stadium, improving commercial revenue and driving down staffing costs, does kinda stink of a potential sale.
      HP007X
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Reply #127: Nov 12, 2014 10:12:59 pm
      Carlos Vela...
      He has played street football and has the desire to prove many wrong. He would thrive at LFC. Getting to his prime now at Real Sociedad and has matured. Scores goals and provides assists too. Complete forward and has paid his dues in La Liga[
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,911 posts | 4979 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #128: Nov 13, 2014 07:29:31 am
      Carlos Vela...
      He has played street football and has the desire to prove many wrong. He would thrive at LFC. Getting to his prime now at Real Sociedad and has matured. Scores goals and provides assists too. Complete forward and has paid his dues in La Liga[

Not a chance in hell of getting this lad mate,  not now that "the chosen one" has arrived, he won't sell him, especially to us......

We could chuck in Mario tho as a sweetener! ☺

YNWA
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,278 posts | 763 
      Reply #129: Nov 13, 2014 09:15:06 am
      TBH I do not think there is a player on the planet, to replace Suarez at the moment. It is a case of searching for one top quality player to inject spark into a failing, I am afraid to say Liverpool side.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #130: Nov 13, 2014 11:05:55 am
      TBH I do not think there is a player on the planet, to replace Suarez at the moment. It is a case of searching for one top quality player to inject spark into a failing, I am afraid to say Liverpool side.

You don't try to replace the man, you replace the qualities of the man. Can dribble past players? Tick. Is a clinical finisher? Tick. Has drive and determination to be the best he can be? Tick. You then go out and look for who can offer you the best blend of those qualities for the best price you can afford and do everything you can to bring them to the club. I wouldn't even have been that bad if they'd been a young, up and coming player if they'd had those qualities but none of the strikers we bought ticks all of those boxes. Transfers begin with common sense being applied and sadly we didn't apply a modicum of common sense in our Summer transfer dealings.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #131: Nov 13, 2014 11:15:23 am
      You don't try to replace the man, you replace the qualities of the man. Can dribble past players? Tick. Is a clinical finisher? Tick. Has drive and determination to be the best he can be? Tick. You then go out and look for who can offer you the best blend of those qualities for the best price you can afford and do everything you can to bring them to the club. I wouldn't even have been that bad if they'd been a young, up and coming player if they'd had those qualities but none of the strikers we bought ticks all of those boxes. Transfers begin with common sense being applied and sadly we didn't apply a modicum of common sense in our Summer transfer dealings.

... exactly and we had more than enough time to search and to plan ...... unlike our knee jerk with Nando and Carroll.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #132: Nov 13, 2014 11:32:39 am
      Should never have sold Suarez until we had a replacement. Should have got both Di Maria & Sanchez. Until we did, we shouldn't have let Luis go.

Imagine a front 3 of Di Maria, Sturridge and Sanchez.

They would bring more goals than Balotelli 16m, Markovic 20m, Lallana 25m, Lovren 20m, Origi 10m (who isn't even available to select), that's for sure.

I'm not having this lure of London sh*te. We all know if FSG paid more than whatever UTD and Arsenal pay them then they would both be on our books now.

harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Reply #133: Nov 13, 2014 03:29:23 pm
      Should never have sold Suarez until we had a replacement. Should have got both Di Maria & Sanchez. Until we did, we shouldn't have let Luis go.

Imagine a front 3 of Di Maria, Sturridge and Sanchez.

They would bring more goals than Balotelli 16m, Markovic 20m, Lallana 25m, Lovren 20m, Origi 10m (who isn't even available to select), that's for sure.

I'm not having this lure of London sh*te. We all know if FSG paid more than whatever UTD and Arsenal pay them then they would both be on our books now.

That's probably true, but it is a dangerous game offering the highest wages simply to get certain players to come here. It can affect the morale of players already at the club to see someone walk in the door and be making 2x or 3x what they make. It also leaves you vulnerable to having another situation like we had with Aquilani and Joe Cole where we couldn't even give the players away because no other club wanted to pay those wages....
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #134: Nov 14, 2014 09:40:41 am
      That's probably true, but it is a dangerous game offering the highest wages simply to get certain players to come here. It can affect the morale of players already at the club to see someone walk in the door and be making 2x or 3x what they make. It also leaves you vulnerable to having another situation like we had with Aquilani and Joe Cole where we couldn't even give the players away because no other club wanted to pay those wages....

Also true.

However I think Sanchez & Di Maria were worth the gamble. Both are in fine form and at a good age. You could argue they haven't even reached the peak of their careers yet.

If we had signed both and Joe Allen piped up and said Hang on a minute, why are you paying them 150K a week and im only on 70K a week? Then I don't think anybody would have cared. They aren't the same category of player.

The examples you used, Aqua was crocked and Cole was past it & also crocked. We signed them when we didn't have a pot to piss in too. Those deals were embarrassing.

This summer we had some money to go out and spend big. And we did. But on sh*te!

It should have been FSGs priority to make at least one, if not two marquee signings when Luis left.

ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #135: Nov 15, 2014 07:49:51 am
      Replacing Suarez!  Well first find someone that can actually find the net on a regular basis! Nah F**k it, Lets just go with the cheapest option available! Oops!
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #136: Nov 15, 2014 08:49:12 am
      Replacing Suarez!  Well first find someone that can actually find the net on a regular basis! Nah f**k it, Lets just go with the cheapest option available! Oops!

I think the situation is actually worse than that mate. I think it was the last chicken in the shop situation, there was nothing left and we completely fu**ed up in monumental fashion.

The whole "I can categorically state" still makes me think that actually Brendan didn't want Mario at any stage, the only counter evidence to that being that he plays virtually every minute so it makes me question that logic.

The moment Sanchez chose money, I mean location, I said we were desperate. It really did shine a light on our embarrassing planning/scouting and it's nice to see some lads get the chop seemingly on the back of something that really does make us look like amateurs.

Talking the talk, we've got that covered but walking the walk, well judged on replacing Suarez then we look like we need crutches.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #137: Nov 15, 2014 08:58:56 am
      When a player has so many clubs at such a young age,  it should ring some alarm bells!  I was taken in by Mario being a big name,  but I'd have preferred Remy.
      Now we're left having to probably sell Mario and Fabio just to fund a new striker, which will still leave us short of options should Sturridge get injured again!
      We should have kept Adam Morgan and Michael N'goo!  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

Quick Reply