Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Suarez's replacement

Read 22422 times
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Re: Suarez's replacement
      Reply #69: Jul 25, 2013 01:23:33 pm
      I'd throw a £15/£20 million bid at Michu.

Second season syndrome will hit him hard I think
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #70: Jul 25, 2013 01:30:38 pm
      Second season syndrome will hit him hard I think

Not so sure you know, I remember a certain Mr Corballyred calling what a great signing he would be before Swansea got him. I think he'd flourish with us to be honest.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #71: Jul 25, 2013 01:32:56 pm
      Not so sure you know, I remember a certain Mr Corballyred calling what a great signing he would be before Swansea got him. I think he'd flourish with us to be honest.

Good shout!

Just don't think he's worth 20mil just yet
      Red5man
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #72: Jul 25, 2013 01:34:20 pm
      Luis Muriel or Erik Lamela.
      adjo8278
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #73: Jul 25, 2013 02:52:33 pm
      Suarez, si dejas para otro club de la Premier League, su legado se ha ido. Por qué se frota la nariz en lo que va a un club rival, es una patada en los dientes y una absoluta vergüenza. Kenny había cavado su propia tumba respaldo y tenemos contigo a través de gruesas y delgadas. SOD el id de dinero lo golpea en las reservas.  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

Moderator EDIT

Going to allow this, just because the Google Translate is so weird.
      I'd love to know what "id punches him in the reserves" means.

Suarez, if you leave for another club in the Premier League, his legacy is gone. Why nose rubbed in what is going to a rival club, is a kick in the teeth and an absolute disgrace. Kenny had dug his own grave and we support you through thick and thin. SOD the money id punches him in the reserves

Next time post in English.
      « Last Edit: Jul 25, 2013 04:11:29 pm by RedPuppy »
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,730 posts |
      Reply #74: Jul 25, 2013 02:58:27 pm
      Maybe both.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #75: Jul 25, 2013 03:57:25 pm
      In the situation we are in is there anyone who can replace his 30 goals?

Well without Suarez on the pitch someone else might actually get a touch up front, and it's ok to spread the goals out as far as I'm concerned, amongst Sturridge, Aspas and whoever else wants to chip in.
      Suarez's head is taking up all the attacking positions.
      He was an unknown quantity when he came, he did well has major talent but has the temperament and respect of a caveman.
      I have total faith in the staff at Anfield to have a backup plan, and we don't need a player in the Suarez mould particularly, He's exciting but too unprofessional for my liking. We had his best even though that included all the bans as part of his 'gift' to us for his services, we only paid him vast amounts of money and totally supported his childish behavior and his response to our loyalty is to court Arsenhole well that is just the most stupid thing I could imagine, he will regret it because we will become the team of the premiership built on hard working players and not teams with big ego price tag players who are mercenaries and won't play like a true team.
      Liverpool will be great again, forget all these teams splashing out silly money for renegade players, just have faith in Liverpool. Suarez needs to go, I've had enough why are we groveling to this whingy brat? Who has disgraced our beloved club time n time again.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #76: Jul 25, 2013 04:31:22 pm
      I'd love to know what "id punches him in the reserves" means.

A simple request to Daniel Agger!
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #77: Jul 25, 2013 08:25:28 pm
      I'd throw a £15/£20 million bid at Michu.

i like him as well, he would offer a different  dimension to what we already have. He's excellent in the air, scored some superb headed goals last season, has good feet and is far more nimble and mobile than Andy Carroll ever was. He is everything Morientes should have been when we had him at LFC. I think he would likely cost more than £20 million though, I would imagine he would cost the best part of £25 million.

I see we're being linked in a few publications for a move for Luis Muriel today.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/328609/Liverpool-set-sights-on-Luis-Suarez-replacement-Luis-Muriel

Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #78: Jul 25, 2013 08:28:44 pm
      To be fair it was more a tongue in cheek comment at those who believe I'll only be happy when I see eleven Scousers in the side. Though I do believe Morgs should be given a go, he's got a god given talent in his finishing. As I said, we need a poacher in my eyes and Morgan is just that. Unfortunately for him when he got his chance in the first team he was asked to play on the wing, which is not the position a goal poacher should be playing but there you go. I agree he won't make it here but for me that's as much about being given the opportunity as it is talent. Given the number of games Borini got last year, I would guess that Morgan would of scored more than a mere 2 goals. (I do understand Borini ended up playing on the wing a lot of the time as well)

Yeah that kinda dawned on me once i'd posted it! Goiod point on Morgan getting more goals than Borini if he'd been given the same number of chances last season, can't disagree with ya.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #79: Jul 25, 2013 08:29:37 pm

Actually it wasn't Corbs, although he took credit for it. His original post stated that a mate of his said Michu would succeed over here.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #80: Jul 26, 2013 12:53:01 am
      I wasnt going to join this thread as Suarez is and remains a Liverpool player  but his attitude in Melbourne all that surrounds this ....leads me to now believe he wants away and if that is the case after the loyalty we Kenny and everyone has shown him ... then he can f**k right off.

Who ? 

Soldado  Valencia.

£ 25 m squid.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #81: Jul 26, 2013 07:43:59 am
      Soldado
      Jackson Martinez
      Michu
      Hulk
      Sanchez (loan?)
      Remy
      Cisse p
      Kiessling
      Bernard
      Muriel

Plenty out there..
      « Last Edit: Jul 26, 2013 08:27:41 am by Paisleydalglish »
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #82: Jul 26, 2013 08:14:11 am
      I wasnt going to join this thread as Suarez is and remains a Liverpool player  but his attitude in Melbourne all that surrounds this ....leads me to now believe he wants away and if that is the case after the loyalty we Kenny and everyone has shown him ... then he can f**k right off.

Who ? 

Soldado  Valencia.

£ 25 m squid.

We all know Kenny put his neck and his career on the line for Suarez, apparently it means F**k all to him.

The Spuds have had a 22m offer rejected by Valencia Skip, they want 26m for him before Aug 3rd for tax purposes.
      The D. Mirror suggests Solado is our main target to replace Suarez.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #83: Jul 26, 2013 11:46:56 am
       Just did the "Youtube scout" routine on Soldado and Muriel. Clearly at the moment Soldado is the better player, and his style would suggest that he ought to adapt fairly quickly to English football. He's strong and powerful, as well as possessing a good eye for goal. I think Scott said earlier he's what Morientes ought to have been, and I can see that in him.

Muriel is much more of a gamble I think (even though I guess he's quite a bit cheaper?). That said the kid can play a bit and looks to have some pace about him. He would take to playing alongside Sturridge more I think, as well as being more adaptable.

Just a thought. But when we played Udinese last year that Di Natalie fella was the best player on the pitch over there, before very nearly winning the game for them at Anfield when he came on as sub. I know he's no spring chicken, but I thought he was quality. Is he not a possibility? 
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #84: Jul 26, 2013 12:01:13 pm
      I cant think of anyone outside CL football who can come in and score 30 goals because that's what we are taking out of this team.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,019 posts | 2741 
      Reply #85: Jul 26, 2013 12:05:27 pm
      I cant think of anyone outside CL football who can come in and score 30 goals because that's what we are taking out of this team.

We don't really need one player to hit 30 though.

We could sign a striker to bang in 20 goals and an attacking midfielder to get 10-15.

Even though we don't have CL we can still get the players in, look at Soldado. Seems like he's happy to drop out of the CL to play in the Premier League.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #86: Jul 26, 2013 12:17:40 pm
      Just did the "Youtube scout" routine on Soldado and Muriel. Clearly at the moment Soldado is the better player, and his style would suggest that he ought to adapt fairly quickly to English football. He's strong and powerful, as well as possessing a good eye for goal. I think Scott said earlier he's what Morientes ought to have been, and I can see that in him.

Muriel is much more of a gamble I think (even though I guess he's quite a bit cheaper?). That said the kid can play a bit and looks to have some pace about him. He would take to playing alongside Sturridge more I think, as well as being more adaptable.

Just a thought. But when we played Udinese last year that Di Natalie fella was the best player on the pitch over there, before very nearly winning the game for them at Anfield when he came on as sub. I know he's no spring chicken, but I thought he was quality. Is he not a possibility? 

Di Natale's just signed a new deal at Udinese
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #87: Jul 26, 2013 01:52:36 pm

Apart from Fatkopite's answer, I think his age may go against him, fantastic goalscorer and looked absolutely quality when he came on as a sub at Anfield.

Can understand why Crouchie off here loves him as a player.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #88: Jul 26, 2013 10:14:22 pm
       Leandro Damaio? Just been talking to one of the Brazillian lads and he tells me the word back in Brazil is that THIS is the player we are lining up. This fella was at Flamenco or someone similar (the punter) as a kid and through the academy by all accounts, and amongst the Brazillian punters is well respected as having a clue.

He said that Damaio will be Brazils first choice up top come the world cup, and that interestingly he's mates with Lucas as they're from the same area. By all accounts while the lad was out injured during the confederations cup he was seen out and about with our defensive midfielder on a few occasions.

25 mill gets him according to this lad, and he rates him very highly. All might be complete bollocks for all I know as I've never seen him play (Damaio or the punter), but it's a nice thought in any case. 

what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #89: Jul 26, 2013 10:43:30 pm
      Leandro Damaio? Just been talking to one of the Brazillian lads and he tells me the word back in Brazil is that THIS is the player we are lining up. This fella was at Flamenco or someone similar (the punter) as a kid and through the academy by all accounts, and amongst the Brazillian punters is well respected as having a clue.

He said that Damaio will be Brazils first choice up top come the world cup, and that interestingly he's mates with Lucas as they're from the same area. By all accounts while the lad was out injured during the confederations cup he was seen out and about with our defensive midfielder on a few occasions.

25 mill gets him according to this lad, and he rates him very highly. All might be complete bollocks for all I know as I've never seen him play (Damaio or the punter), but it's a nice thought in any case. 

He'd do like.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #90: Jul 26, 2013 11:06:12 pm

All 39 goals of Leandro Damião in 2011 [HD]

Here you go Mick.

A heady mix of Brazilian music and a player who can score from anywhere. An overhead kick goal thrown in for good measure.

On goal number 8  ...... their number 10 looks tasty .... can we have him as well ?
      Witto
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,621 posts | 15 
      • Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Luis Suarez.
      Reply #91: Jul 27, 2013 12:32:40 am
      Lewandowski would be an awesome replacement, can't see that happening though.
      Alexis Sanchez possibly? Might find it difficult to get into the Barcelona team this season with Neymar coming in, and I do rate him.
      Yilmaz maybe.
      Luis Muriel maybe.
      I don't rate Soldado.
      I think Damiao is overrated (imo).

Quick Reply