Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

FIFA 14

Read 21337 times
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Re: FIFA 14
      Reply #46: Sep 29, 2013 09:04:15 pm
      Anyone been playing the career mode? It's the main feature I have always used, loved signing players etc. The new Global Transfer Market business baffles me. I don't like it one bit. By all means enhance the scouting features but they have turned the whole thing on its head. Can't get my head round it yet.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #47: Sep 29, 2013 10:02:54 pm
      I like career mode. It's more realistic.

Also, sign Bakkali, he's boss.
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #48: Sep 30, 2013 09:39:22 am
      I like career mode. It's more realistic.

Also, sign Bakkali, he's boss.

To be honest, I was hungover yesterday when I started to play it so I wasn't being patient with it. I also knew nothing about it but now I've read the below link and have a better idea.

http://www.easports.com/fifa/news-updates-gameplay
      luckofirish8
      • Forum Ron Yeats

• 454 posts | 20 
      Reply #49: Sep 30, 2013 05:30:44 pm
      I'm not a big fan of the Global Transfer Network.  There are some cool elements to it, but it just isn't for me I guess.  It took me almost an hour just to get to the first of the season last night.  Maybe I'll grow into it or maybe I'll just shut it off.  I'll give it a bit more time, but as of now I'm not a fan of it as a whole.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 8,509 posts | 1476 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #50: Sep 30, 2013 06:09:44 pm
      I dunno..... I'm not liking it that much so far... :\
      Sir Suarez
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 783 posts | 59 
      Reply #51: Sep 30, 2013 06:37:02 pm
      I find that the control the players have is much worse... you take the ball off a player and its pretty hard for it not to just roll away to the opposition... is this just be being rubbish or is it the game?
      luckofirish8
      • Forum Ron Yeats

• 454 posts | 20 
      Reply #52: Sep 30, 2013 07:00:34 pm
      I suspect it is probably a bit of both.  I can't say it is due to being rubbish (as I've never seen you play), but maybe a bit of unfamiliarity. Ball control is extremely important in this year's version of the game.  Which hasn't always been the case.  EA actually slowed the game down and our trying to implement a more tactical approach to play.  Less tricks and skill moves and more pass and move has been my approach so far.  Master passing and ball control are tips that have been recommended to me. 

I'll say the majority of the goals I have scored so far on the World Class or above level have come from great passing, not skill move dribbling through the defense.  Most of the time I try that around the box they just team up and take the ball away from me.

Then again, I'm pretty rubbish at the game. :)
      Stevie-G-
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 169 posts |
      Reply #53: Oct 01, 2013 03:22:07 pm
      Hey guys anyone out there that has FIFA 14 for Xbox 360 and doesn't play Ultimate Team want to give me the code in the case for the 4 Ultimate Team packs? Please send me a PM if anyone is willing to do it  :)
      afif212_reds
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 180 posts |
      Reply #54: Oct 02, 2013 04:38:56 am
      who needs fut gold pack? i have em but i need an pro online boost level 73 and 75 =P (PS3)
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,352 posts | 2819 
      Reply #55: Oct 02, 2013 05:26:34 pm
      They've fu**ed Career Mode up for no reason! No logic behind the changes at all!
      aussieredave
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 961 posts |
      Reply #56: Oct 04, 2013 03:11:08 pm
      They should have had the scouting feature as a option or something it has ruined something good. Love searching for my own players now its just a pain.
      luckofirish8
      • Forum Ron Yeats

• 454 posts | 20 
      Reply #57: Oct 06, 2013 04:28:51 am
      you can turn it off.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #58: Oct 06, 2013 01:27:53 pm
      Been playing it for a few days. The last FIFA I played was 12, so skipping a year makes it feel like a new game to me. It can be frustrating the lack of control players have, but at the same time, I find it to be a nice challenge.

I don't mind the Global Scouting Network or whatever it's called. When you think about it, isn't that how it should be? Not knowing the overalls and attributes of players. Feels more realistic, though I agree it's very time consuming.

My only really big complaint is how laggy all the menus are. Takes forever!
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #59: Oct 08, 2013 02:14:14 pm
      Got this yesterday, jumped straight in to a career with PSV on legendary. Pretty difficult, only won one of my pre season friendlies. Still getting to grips with the new first touch system and the fact you NEED to go easier on the sprinting or you lose possession and miss tackles left right and centre. I like the new shielding system though, and shooting does seem improved.

Overall it seems more realistic than previous years, and a lot slower.

Not sure about the career mode transfer market changes. They'd be fine if the menus weren't so tiresome to navigate, but as it is shuffling between scouts, instructions, players and reports is pretty time consuming.
      asharma.lfc
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 652 posts | 26 
      Reply #60: Oct 09, 2013 08:10:59 am
      Got this yesterday, jumped straight in to a career with PSV on legendary. Pretty difficult, only won one of my pre season friendlies. Still getting to grips with the new first touch system and the fact you NEED to go easier on the sprinting or you lose possession and miss tackles left right and centre. I like the new shielding system though, and shooting does seem improved.

Overall it seems more realistic than previous years, and a lot slower.

Not sure about the career mode transfer market changes. They'd be fine if the menus weren't so tiresome to navigate, but as it is shuffling between scouts, instructions, players and reports is pretty time consuming.

Improved?
      You can easily score from 30 yards out using any players. It seems every player on FIFA 14 can bend it like Carlos.
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #61: Oct 10, 2013 08:16:15 pm
      Bought 2200 FIFA points yesterday, opened first 3 packs, got Falcao, Balotelli and Navas. Rest of the packs were  :tosser:

But cant complain.  :D
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 8,509 posts | 1476 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #62: Oct 11, 2013 05:11:06 pm
      I just cant seem to get into it which is quite frustrating! ><
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,916 posts | 820 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #63: Oct 13, 2013 09:31:07 pm
      Liverpool are beastly on this game, played against a mate who was Arsenal smashed him 7-2.

Shame i don't have the game myself.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #64: Oct 14, 2013 01:50:22 am
      Liverpool are beastly on this game, played against a mate who was Arsenal smashed him 7-2.

Shame i don't have the game myself.

Or your mate's just generally sh*t ;)
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,916 posts | 820 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #65: Oct 14, 2013 02:04:08 am

:D or that. Seeing as i have let him be any team against Liverpool and he still can't win. But Sturridge and Suarez together on the game are brilliant.
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Reply #66: Nov 06, 2013 04:23:12 pm
      Had the game for a couple of weeks now. So many problems it's unbelievable. The menus in career mode make in almost unplayable, and I can't even bring myself to make the effort to learn all the new pointless sh*t they've added to career mode.

In terms of the actual gameplay, it's simply awful. My forward players simply don't move unless I tell them to at least twice. If I ever need an out balk to one of my wingers, they're ALWAYS just stood there, offside, and I have to wait so long that I have to choose a different route forward.

EA have absolutely butchered their own brand.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #67: Nov 06, 2013 06:35:21 pm
      My forward players simply don't move unless I tell them to at least twice. If I ever need an out balk to one of my wingers, they're ALWAYS just stood there, offside, and I have to wait so long that I have to choose a different route forward.

Have you got Carroll and Downing in your team, by any chance?  :f_tongueincheek:
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #68: Nov 06, 2013 09:50:18 pm
      Landed a Navas in a free pack! Got it yesterday. Think my life will be officially gone now.

Quick Reply