Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

The Championship, Div 1 & 2 Thread

Read 74204 times
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Re: The Championship, Div 1 & 2 Thread
      Reply #69: May 08, 2016 02:31:18 pm
      Congrats Barnsley on getting into the playoffs  :clap:

Beat the Champions Wigan 1-4 today and now play Walsall in the 2 legged semi final.  Not bad considering they spent most of the 1st half of the season in the relegation zone, then after putting together an amazing run of wins, lost their Manager to Bristol City.

Well done to all concerned even if they don't go up, they've already won the JP Trophy.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #70: May 15, 2016 01:11:41 pm
      Two tasty wins in the first leg for both Wednesday and Barnsley this week, makes a change to have some interest in these games.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #71: May 28, 2016 02:41:41 pm
      Big weekend of footy in my household.

Championship playoff final cheering on the Owls for my kids today then League One playoff final tomorrow cheering on Barnsley.

5 finals in one season and only my team's let us down so far 😖
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #72: May 28, 2016 02:49:39 pm

Championship playoff final cheering on the Owls for my kids today then League One playoff final tomorrow cheering on Barnsley.

They're the two teams I'm hoping go up. Will be good to see Hammill back in the Championship and I can't stand Hull or Steve Bruce. Something tells me Hull might nick it though :-\
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #73: May 28, 2016 02:52:36 pm

Here's hoping for a great afternoon for your kids.

Likewise with mcarz, I really think poorly of Bruce and all the teams he has managed. One of the most pointless men to have managed the game. A waste.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #74: May 28, 2016 03:04:39 pm
      They're the two teams I'm hoping go up. Will be good to see Hammill back in the Championship and I can't stand Hull or Steve Bruce. Something tells me Hull might nick it though :-\

Hammill has been instrumental in Barnsleys season mate, along with Winnalls goals of course.  Helped them get to, and win the JPT and also keeping them in contention for the playoffs too.  It's been great watching him play so well again.

Can't stand Bruce, his teams are too easily bent over for the scum games and for some reason we make hard work of getting any kind of result against them.

Here's hoping for a great afternoon for your kids.

Likewise with mcarz, I really think poorly of Bruce and all the teams he has managed. One of the most pointless men to have managed the game. A waste.

My daughter's in Sheffield today, got a massive flag hanging out of the window and is watching the game at Champs with her fella - he's a Red but his family are all Owls fans.

Massive following at Wembley today, nearly 40,000 tickets sold within minutes so let's hope they all come home happy.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #75: May 28, 2016 03:12:55 pm
      Hammill has been instrumental in Barnsleys season mate, along with Winnalls goals of course.  Helped them get to, and win the JPT and also keeping them in contention for the playoffs too.  It's been great watching him play so well again.

Can't stand Bruce, his teams are too easily bent over for the scum games and for some reason we make hard work of getting any kind of result against them.

My daughter's in Sheffield today, got a massive flag hanging out of the window and is watching the game at Champs with her fella - he's a Red but his family are all Owls fans.

Massive following at Wembley today, nearly 40,000 tickets sold within minutes so let's hope they all come home happy.

It'd be quite something to see Wednesday back in the top flight. I think most the country will be backing them against Hull.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #76: May 28, 2016 03:20:05 pm
      It'd be quite something to see Wednesday back in the top flight. I think most the country will be backing them against Hull.

I know there's bad blood against their ground on our side, especially after the new Inquests but their fans deserve to be in the top flight.  Even when they dropped to League One they still had 20,000 plus watching them every week and an away following of 6 or 7 thousand.

Hull, like Wigan should stick to Rugby  ;)
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #77: May 28, 2016 03:40:26 pm

Great to see teams being given their rightful share of the tickets. Surprised they didn't get just 25k each with the rest going to suits/neutrals.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #78: May 28, 2016 03:41:33 pm
      I know there's bad blood against their ground on our side, especially after the new Inquests but their fans deserve to be in the top flight.  Even when they dropped to League One they still had 20,000 plus watching them every week and an away following of 6 or 7 thousand.

Hull, like Wigan should stick to Rugby  ;)

But Dave Whelan broke his leg in an FA Cup final once you know.... ;)
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #79: May 28, 2016 03:52:00 pm
      But Dave Whelan broke his leg in an FA Cup final once you know.... ;)

Oh I know mate, he's shown me the scar  ;)
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #80: May 28, 2016 04:01:45 pm
      Great to see teams being given their rightful share of the tickets. Surprised they didn't get just 25k each with the rest going to suits/neutrals.

It's not like the FA Cup mate, not prestigious enough even though it's worth around £170m to Wednesday if they win.  Not so much for Hull as they're still getting parachute payments from dropping, only around £110m to them  :o

My daughter tried getting tickets for her and my son but wasn't successful, 20k sold out in minutes and another 19k went the same way only this week.

Paul told me last night there'd been a riots at Barnsley about their tickets.  They'd put a deadline of 5pm Wednesday but most people only got paid on Thursday so they had to  extend it by a day  ;D 

No idea how many are going but around 20k I think, just hope they survive the Millwall fans, although we're a pretty tough bunch from Yorkshire  ;)
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #81: May 28, 2016 04:28:09 pm

Nope I'm supporting Hull, just really don't want to see that ground back in the Premier League.

Sorry!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #82: May 28, 2016 05:01:52 pm
      Nope I'm supporting Hull, just really don't want to see that ground back in the Premier League.

Sorry!

That's what I was thinking. Could be a bit much for some fans to go there or see us play there.

Big game. £163m for one game. And Steve Bruce is one of the managers. Football is absurd.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #83: May 28, 2016 05:03:44 pm

Sorry!

Likewise, not a ground I'd ever go to but I still think people would rather see Wednesday get in as opposed to Hull.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #84: May 28, 2016 05:04:18 pm
      Hull City fans massively outnumbered here.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #85: May 28, 2016 05:16:23 pm
      Hull City fans massively outnumbered here.

They are mate although I can only just hear their songs and I haven't heard the band yet  ;D
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #86: May 28, 2016 05:20:19 pm
      Because the Rugby League is on in Blackpool :D
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #87: May 28, 2016 05:40:31 pm
      Unlucky Diamé! Good effort.

Federer would've creamed himself.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #88: May 28, 2016 05:54:13 pm
      They are mate although I can only just hear their songs and I haven't heard the band yet  ;D

Probably got lost on the way from Sunderland last night :D
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #89: May 28, 2016 05:59:38 pm
      Probably got lost on the way from Sunderland last night :D

They've been practicing all week according to our local news. 

Maybe there's just too many owls twittwooing for them to be heard  ;D
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #90: May 28, 2016 06:12:32 pm
      I have to admit I would prefer Wednesday.

If there is another ex Manc who makes my blood creep its Steve Bruce.
      He couldn't stop gushing when in his words " he turned us over" a couple of seasons back.
      We got revenge thankfully.

Horrible specimen he is.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #91: May 28, 2016 06:25:43 pm
      I have to admit I would prefer Wednesday.

If there is another ex Manc who makes my blood creep its Steve Bruce.
      He couldn't stop gushing when in his words " he turned us over" a couple of seasons back.
      We got revenge thankfully.

Horrible specimen he is.

Awful sh*t football teams that he infests the Premier League with. He's contributed NOTHING to the game. No youth player development, no long term game plan, no attractive football. Just short term, washed up driftwood from big clubs that he buys from (usually Man Utd rejects). T**t.

Quick Reply