Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Aly Cissokho

Read 43751 times
      StevieG123
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Aly Cissokho
      Aug 20, 2013 05:38:36 pm
      Welcome to the club.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/142845-lfc-confirm-cissokho-signing

Liverpool Football Club have today signed full-back Aly Cissokho on a season-long loan from Valencia, subject to the completion of paperwork.

The 25-year-old passed a medical at Melwood before putting pen to paper on a deal that will see him spend the 2013-14 campaign with the Reds.

He becomes Brendan Rodgers' fifth summer signing, following in the footsteps of Iago Aspas, Luis Alberto, Simon Mignolet and Kolo Toure.

And after clinching his new deal, Cissokho told Liverpoolfc.com: "I'm very happy to be here. I think we have a great team and great fans and together we can achieve big things.

"It's going to be a great experience to be able to rub shoulders with the club's top-quality players. I have experience in the game, but coming here there will still be lots of things to learn and discover as I work with everyone every day.

"I can learn from my new manager, get to know the new style of play here, familiarise myself with different opposition teams and learn the language. It's going to be a great experience for me, and of course playing for the club for the first time is something I'm excited about."

The Frenchman boasts a proven pedigree at the highest level of European football, having played in the Champions League for Porto, Lyon and Valencia.

Cissokho, who began his senior career with FC Gueugnon, got his first experience of playing at Anfield when he represented Lyon in their 2-1 victory over Liverpool in October 2009.

He has one cap for France.

« Last Edit: Jul 22, 2015 09:27:50 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Re: Aly Cissokho Player Thread
      Reply #1: Aug 20, 2013 05:40:30 pm
      Diego will be disappointed. ;)
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #2: Aug 20, 2013 05:41:21 pm
      Yes, he will. :D

Welcome to the club Aly. Work hard and do your best
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #3: Aug 20, 2013 05:46:25 pm
      Welcome :)
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #4: Aug 20, 2013 05:48:20 pm
      Welcome to LFC.
      staffletop
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 679 posts | 29 
      Reply #5: Aug 20, 2013 05:49:16 pm
      Welcome to the worlds best club.
      poolio_54
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 376 posts | 11 
      Reply #6: Aug 20, 2013 05:54:45 pm
      Welcome hope you perform well and you stay longer than anticipated
      HoyaRed
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 629 posts | 26 
      • YNWA
      Reply #7: Aug 20, 2013 05:55:01 pm
      All sorted, squad number too.

TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #8: Aug 20, 2013 06:05:23 pm
      Welcome!
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #9: Aug 20, 2013 06:12:01 pm
      Ha! I said the club was only waiting for me to be away from a computer to announce him. The whole morning pressing F5 - nothing. Lunch time at work - welcome to the club, Aly.  :-\ >:( :mad:

;D

Well, anyway... welcome to LFC! Show your quality and make us proud.

KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #10: Aug 20, 2013 06:18:50 pm
      Yeah welcome to the club Aly, the PR spin of announcing a player as we lose one is not lost on me though.

TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #11: Aug 20, 2013 06:27:37 pm
      Yeah welcome to the club Aly, the PR spin of announcing a player as we lose one is not lost on me though.

??? Did we sell someone that I've missed? Or are you referring to Willian? Because "losing" a player that was not your player to begin with is not losing a player.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #12: Aug 20, 2013 06:28:24 pm
      ??? Did we sell someone that I've missed? Or are you referring to Willian? Because "losing" a player that was not your player to begin with is not losing a player.

Fair enough, should have been lose out on one then, but you knew what I meant.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #13: Aug 20, 2013 06:29:07 pm

Yep, 'cos this signing really derailed the Willian thread.  :roll:
      Fowler#23
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 872 posts | 37 
      Reply #14: Aug 20, 2013 06:46:08 pm
      Welcome to the club, get yr head down and really push Jose for that starting spot, can only benefit the team as a whole.

YNWA
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #15: Aug 20, 2013 06:51:44 pm
      Welcome to Liverpool.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #16: Aug 20, 2013 06:57:21 pm
      Welcome, try not to post as many er.....odd pictures as Enrique and you will be doing well. ;D
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #17: Aug 20, 2013 07:12:57 pm
      Hmm, not too sure about this one, I still think Jose has nicer teeth.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #18: Aug 20, 2013 07:14:55 pm
      Aly Cissokho in profile
      Liverpool today completed the signing of Aly Cissokho on a season-long loan from Valencia, subject to the completion of paperwork – and here we take a closer look at the full-back's career so far.

Brendan Rodgers moved to bolster his defensive options with a season-long loan deal for Aly Cissokho in August 2013.

The French left-back arrived from Valencia to spend the 2013-14 campaign at Anfield, boasting a proven pedigree at the highest level of European football.

Cissokho was born in the French city of Blois in September 1987 and spent his formative years representing various local teams at youth level before joining Gueugnon, where he made his senior debut.

After a little over a year in the first team, Portuguese side Vitoria de Setubal swooped to secure his services in the summer of 2008.

Following an enterprising half-season in his new climes, Portugal giants FC Porto wasted little time in moving to land the rangy defender in January 2009.

It was at the Estadio do Dragao where Cissokho really began to flourish, helping his new side to a league and cup double. He also made his Champions League debut as Porto reached the quarter-finals of the competition.

However, after just a season in Portugal, he was on the move again that summer as he returned to France to join title-holders Lyon.

Cissokho slotted instantly into his new club, and even lined up against Liverpool home and away in the group stage of the 2009-10 Champions League.

Lyon went all the way to the last four in the tournament that season, with the defender starting every one of the 14 games.

His performances at the Stade de Gerland enhanced his growing reputation as one of Europe's finest left-backs and, such was his form, a call-up to the French national team subsequently followed and he earned a first - and to date only - cap against Norway in 2010.

Cissokho also helped Lyon to scoop the Coupe de France in 2012 before a move to La Liga followed as Valencia sealed a deal for his services.

Then, after 30 appearances in Spain, another moved beckoned - this time to Anfield as Rodgers strengthened his defensive options with a 12-month loan deal.

Official website
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #19: Aug 20, 2013 07:21:42 pm
      The complete guide to Aly Cissokho
      Aly Cissokho joined Liverpool on a year-long loan deal today, subject to the completion of paperwork. Read our handy guide to everything regarding our new French full-back – from social media to statistics to his career scrapbook.

Wiki says...

Aly Cissokho, born September 15, 1987, is a French footballer who plays as a left-sided defender and has been described as a 'sprightly left-back with good speed and stamina'.

In his scrapbook...

Cissokho has one international cap for France. At Porto, the full-back was a Portuguese first division winner in 2008-09, he won the Portuguese Cup in the same year - and with Lyon, he lifted the French Cup in 2012.

The social media...

The France international has yet to become part of the social media trend that appears to be sweeping across the football world. Cissokho does not currently boast official Twitter or Facebook pages.

Profile pic...

The numbers game...

Following his switch to Valencia from Lyon at the beginning of the 2012-13 season, Cissokho represented Los Che on 32 occasions in all competitions - netting two goals against Celta Vigo and Valladolid in the process. The full-back was victorious in nearly half of those appearances, winning 14 matches and keeping 11 clean-sheets along the way.

The stats show...

Cissokho is effective in the air. Figures for last season, which compare the full-back's statistics against the Premier League's top performers, outline how only John Arne Riise (77.59 per cent) and Brede Hangeland (74.12 per cent) won more aerial duels than Cissokho (72.34 per cent).

What they say...

Braulio Vazquez, Valencia's sporting director, said: "Aly is a player with vast international experience that belies his youth. He has played for the French national team and has participated in high-level games in competitions such as the Champions League. Cissokho is physically powerful, very strong defensively."

Did you know?

Cissokho's older brother Issa also plays football professionally. The 28-year-old represents Nantes in the French Ligue 2.

Official website
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #20: Aug 20, 2013 07:32:19 pm
      Welcome to LFC Aly.
      Tommy#Benfica
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 120 posts | 12 
      Reply #21: Aug 20, 2013 07:52:29 pm