Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

Aly Cissokho

Read 44081 times
      Barnes10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,631 posts | 88 
      Re: Aly Cissokho Player Thread
      Reply #115: Nov 02, 2013 09:25:57 pm
      Stop trying to twist what I'm saying and get a grip. You started by bitching about FSG/BR for the deal even happening. But my point is be grateful that should it not work out it isn't like we will be stuck with him and the only money we will lose by having him is in his wages, no transfer fee and easy to terminate at any point in the season, as was the case with Sahin.

Go on then, name a quality left back in which we could have signed in the summer? Go on.

Coentrao from Real Madrid was available, if we had the money. He nearly joined Utd on loan on deadline day if I recall. A Portugal international of higher pedigree than Enrique and far, far above Cissohko.

If we were scraping the barrel then I'd have preferred some young left back with potential rather than a guy many reds were warning was well past his best, which was a long time ago at Porto. Cissohko was a pothole we really shouldn't have fallen into if our eyes and ears were open.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #116: Nov 02, 2013 09:29:36 pm

Coentrao from Real Madrid was available, if we had the money. He nearly joined Utd on loan on deadline day if I recall. A Portugal international of higher pedigree than Enrique and far, far above Cissohko.

If we were scraping the barrel then I'd have preferred some young left back with potential rather than a guy many reds were warning was well past his best, which was a long time ago at Porto. Cissohko was a pothole we really shouldn't have fallen into if our eyes and ears were open.

IF we had the money! Also, I doubt he'd have left Madrid or turned down any other team in order to sign for us with no European football, and if he did then he'd have wanted ridiculous wages.

Also, I rate him no higher than I rate Enrique.
      Barnes10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,631 posts | 88 
      Reply #117: Nov 02, 2013 09:39:52 pm
      IF we had the money! Also, I doubt he'd have left Madrid or turned down any other team in order to sign for us with no European football, and if he did then he'd have wanted ridiculous wages.

Also, I rate him no higher than I rate Enrique.

Actually I am sure before Real Madrid came in for him when he was at Benfica, Coentrao said Liverpool were his preferred team outside Portugal.  So I'm sure the lure of Liverpool would have got him on deadline day if we had put up the cash in a loan or permanent deal - which FSG should have been prepared to do if they want top 4.

Instead we got a guy who was widely regarded to be a liability at Lyon and Valencia. So let's hope he doesn't play many games, even if Enrique is prone to inconsistency.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,170 posts | 4904 
      Reply #118: Nov 02, 2013 11:10:12 pm
      Was disappointed by this signing and nothing he has done so far has changed my mind.

Jose is head and shoulders above this guy as far as I'm concerned and when we were looking for a player to push Jose all the way we loan a player who seems to be nowhere near his quality.
      welshy7777
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 155 posts |
      Reply #119: Nov 03, 2013 01:45:06 am
      Return to sender...well and truly found out
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 2810 
      Reply #120: Nov 03, 2013 02:23:13 am
      Thank F**k it's just a loan. Think we downgraded when we sent Robinson out on loan and took this lad on.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #121: Nov 03, 2013 03:02:41 am
      i feel like physically lighting a fire under his ass to get him moving..! he reminds me of english players such as downing, kelly when they had runs of games for us, just totally vanilla in the final third..
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #122: Nov 03, 2013 06:11:04 am
      Truly awful player.
      emsy28
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 545 posts | 12 
      Reply #123: Nov 03, 2013 07:49:55 am
      Made no effort to stop the cross Whitchurch led to Arsenal's first goal, his ball control is shocking, had a mare against Newcastle and was worse yesterday.

Can't see him in the side for a while.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #124: Nov 03, 2013 08:58:31 am
      Awful.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #125: Nov 03, 2013 09:10:47 am
      Heard people saying he was okay against West Brom. He was sh*te then too.

Not normally one to jump on a new player so quickly but this lad isn't very good is he?
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #126: Nov 03, 2013 09:26:07 am
      Hello Djimi :-D
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #127: Nov 03, 2013 09:57:31 am
      On a day when you play bad all we ask for is some effort... Yesterday I watched him countless times jog back at a pedestrian pace after he was caught out of position, which is not good enough. If you sh*te that's one thing, but put a bloody shift in.

Honestly, I think we need not worry - that is surley the last we will see of him in a red shirt. If he gets back ahead of Enrique I will be amazed - or shocked....
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #128: Nov 03, 2013 11:03:32 am

That's an insult to Djimi.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,924 posts | 283 
      Reply #129: Nov 03, 2013 11:43:22 am
      Well done Aly, you have outright claimed the worst loan signing of the summer from Victor.
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts |
      Reply #130: Nov 03, 2013 12:57:20 pm
       Seeing him play makes me love more and more Jose Enrique. Can't believe people were complaining about our Left Back.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #131: Nov 03, 2013 01:37:20 pm
      On a day when you play bad all we ask for is some effort... Yesterday I watched him countless times jog back at a pedestrian pace after he was caught out of position, which is not good enough. If you sh*te that's one thing, but put a bloody shift in.

Honestly, I think we need not worry - that is surley the last we will see of him in a red shirt. If he gets back ahead of Enrique I will be amazed - or shocked....

Absolutely. Utterly shocked at his performance and his commitment. I hope Brendan had a few words to say to him when he got substituted at half time. The fact he wasn't given a second more when the half time whistle blew just goes to show how utterly dire this man's performance was. I hope he was embarrassed in that dressing room because we all certainly were. In all seriousness - send him back to Valencia ASAP.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #132: Nov 03, 2013 02:04:31 pm
      Looked well off the pace yesterday. Think he has more to offer that what he showed because quite frankly he couldn't play much worse than that. I'm reluctant to write the lad off after 4 games though. Still finding his feet in the PL.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #133: Nov 03, 2013 02:07:33 pm
      i feel like physically lighting a fire under his ass to get him moving..! he reminds me of english players such as downing, kelly when they had runs of games for us, just totally vanilla in the final third..

Agree with the Downing part but not Kelly, Kelly is very good at getting forward and can put in a dangerous cross, not to mention he is looking to score whenever he can, hit the woodwork a few times for us and scored a good goal against Chelsea, the lad just needs game time!

On topic, yeah what a load of sh*t Aly was, but who is the worse out the 2, Aly or Konchesky?
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #134: Nov 03, 2013 02:22:41 pm
      Vertonghen versus Everton showing Cisskho and, to some extent, Enrique what an attacking left back should look like.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #135: Nov 03, 2013 02:24:57 pm
      Agree with the Downing part but not Kelly, Kelly is very good at getting forward and can put in a dangerous cross, not to mention he is looking to score whenever he can, hit the woodwork a few times for us and scored a good goal against Chelsea, the lad just needs game time!

On topic, yeah what a load of sh*t Aly was, but who is the worse out the 2, Aly or Konchesky?

Oh don't remind me. 3 and a half million pounds we paid out for that yoke!
      yacster
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 524 posts |
      Reply #136: Nov 03, 2013 07:08:31 pm
      Every so often you see a performance so worrying you wonder if there is any coming back from it
      Brilliant Babbel
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 510 posts | 10 
      Reply #137: Nov 03, 2013 08:28:29 pm
      Seeing him play makes me love more and more Jose Enrique. Can't believe people were complaining about our Left Back.
      Enrique is an excellent player and I can't believe some wanted him gone for this clown.

Quick Reply