Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Aly Cissokho

Read 43761 times
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Re: Aly Cissokho Player Thread
      Reply #46: Oct 08, 2013 10:45:56 am

I'd say it's a response to the classy lob for Brannagans goal last night.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #47: Oct 08, 2013 11:04:39 am
      I'd say it's a response to the classy lob for Brannagans goal last night.
      Oh.

I was just curious (no agenda) to know who would be dropped to make way; can he play right back, for example? I mean; I don't see any valid reason as to why a good game for the reserves would see him displace Enrique (for example), classy lob or not.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #48: Oct 08, 2013 11:14:09 am
      It would only be Enrique who would make way.
      Unless one if them can play on the right.

More likely to be a sub.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #49: Oct 08, 2013 11:16:11 am
      Oh.

I was just curious (no agenda) to know who would be dropped to make way; can he play right back, for example? I mean; I don't see any valid reason as to why a good game for the reserves would see him displace Enrique (for example), classy lob or not.

It's called creating healthy competition for places. I don't think Cissokho was signed to play in the reserves all season. Enrique has been solid enough but not played to the best of his ability. I think some competition will make him up his game. Therefore starting Cissokho against Newcastle might make Enrique more determined to impress. Plus I think Cissokho will offer more of an attacking threat than Jose in a 3-5-2 formation.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #50: Oct 08, 2013 11:25:16 am
      It would only be Enrique who would make way.
      See that's what I was thinking racer and, as you know, Enrique has been performing very well.

He leads the team (with Sturridge) in assists - the last one being against Palace, for Luis. So, as much as Aly impressed with his assist for Brannagan in the reserves, Enrique has impressed for the first team.

It's a nice problem to have and I'm sure Aly won't disappoint if selected. I'm just don't believe that Enrique deserves to be dropped.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #51: Oct 08, 2013 11:43:00 am
      It's called creating healthy competition for places.
      I understand that concept alright baz.  :gt-happyup:

Enrique has been solid enough but not played to the best of his ability.
      In your opinion, of course. Like I 'said' above his 'stats' would suggest otherwise. He's been playing very well - maybe that's why Aly upped his game, against Spurs reserves, last night?

I think some competition will make him up his game. Therefore starting Cissokho against Newcastle might make Enrique more determined to impress.
      Let's be honest here baz; "Competition" is really 'looking over your shoulder at who might come in, should you play poorly; not getting dropped when you haven't and Enrique can't "up his game" if he isn't playing.

Nah mate... we can agree to disagree but (in my opinion) it's Aly who needs to continue to work hard and wait his turn.

On a side note (slightly off topic) - Enrique's understanding with Suarez is often missed but it's there to see. I wouldn't be dropping him too soon but... what do I know?  ;D

bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #52: Oct 08, 2013 01:17:39 pm

In your opinion, of course. Like I 'said' above his 'stats' would suggest otherwise. He's been playing very well - maybe that's why Aly upped his game, against Spurs reserves, last night?

Let's be honest here baz; "Competition" is really 'looking over your shoulder at who might come in, should you play poorly; not getting dropped when you haven't and Enrique can't "up his game" if he isn't playing.

Nah mate... we can agree to disagree but (in my opinion) it's Aly who needs to continue to work hard and wait his turn.

On a side note (slightly off topic) - Enrique's understanding with Suarez is often missed but it's there to see. I wouldn't be dropping him too soon but... what do I know?  ;D

I agree about the understanding between Jose and Luis we saw develop last season and looked to be there again on Saturday with the assist. However I'd like to see Cissokho in action against decent opposition. If he isn't given a chance then how will we know what he is capable of bringing to the team? Jose didn't have to wait for his turn when we signed him so why should Aly?
      You play your best players available. Cissokho may or may not be a better player but if we never try him we'll never know.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #53: Oct 08, 2013 01:31:34 pm
      Cissokho may or may not be a better player but if we never try him we'll never know.
      I guess, then, the same may be said of all the lads who were on view for the reserves last night too.

You play your best players available.
      True baz and what we know, for sure, right now, is that Jose is the best player available.

Aly will get his chance, I'm sure and, when he does, I trust he won't disappoint. However to just drop Jose, from a winning team, when he [Enrique] has been playing well, sort of, defeats the purpose of competition. If Jose starts to play badly that's when Aly should get his Premier League chance... not off the back of a decent show for our reserves, after injury (in my opinion).

I'm enjoying the debate but, I suppose, it's all moot because Brendan will know better than me what he wants... we'll know soon enough. Good luck mate.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #54: Oct 08, 2013 01:36:10 pm
      I agree about the understanding between Jose and Luis we saw develop last season and looked to be there again on Saturday with the assist. However I'd like to see Cissokho in action against decent opposition. If he isn't given a chance then how will we know what he is capable of bringing to the team? Jose didn't have to wait for his turn when we signed him so why should Aly?
      You play your best players available. Cissokho may or may not be a better player but if we never try him we'll never know.

You're not making much sense there mate.  Why would you drop an in form player just to give someone else a chance?

Jose didn't have to wait his turn because we had nobody else, barring an 18yr old rookie.

If you're advocating playing your best players then again why would you drop an inform player to try one that's just back from injury and barely played before he got injured?

Aly needs to be ready when he get's his chance, when Jose has a drop in form or gets injured again.  If he does prove to be better than Jose then Jose will have to wait his turn and be ready to prove himself again.

That's how competition for places works, not just 'trying' somebody for the sake of it.  This isn't the school playground where everybody has to share and be nice.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #55: Oct 08, 2013 03:17:58 pm
      You're not making much sense there mate.  Why would you drop an in form player just to give someone else a chance?

Jose didn't have to wait his turn because we had nobody else, barring an 18yr old rookie.

If you're advocating playing your best players then again why would you drop an inform player to try one that's just back from injury and barely played before he got injured?

Aly needs to be ready when he get's his chance, when Jose has a drop in form or gets injured again.  If he does prove to be better than Jose then Jose will have to wait his turn and be ready to prove himself again.

That's how competition for places works, not just 'trying' somebody for the sake of it.  This isn't the school playground where everybody has to share and be nice.

Yea I see your point and BBB's. It's a pity we got knocked out of the league cup so early would have been a perfect opportunity to give Aly some playing time for us to judge him on. If Jose stays fit, and I hope he does, I guess we won't see much of Aly until maybe the FA cup games start up. Unless BR has other ideas of course. Time will tell.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #56: Oct 08, 2013 03:27:42 pm
      Yea I see your point and BBB's. It's a pity we got knocked out of the league cup so early would have been a perfect opportunity to give Aly some playing time for us to judge him on. If Jose stays fit, and I hope he does, I guess we won't see much of Aly until maybe the FA cup games start up. Unless BR has other ideas of course. Time will tell.

I think a lot depends on Brendans formation. 

If we stick with the 3412 then in theory Aly is the better wb but if we revert back to a back 4 then Jose is the better fb.  Having said that Jose hasn't let himself or the team down when playing wb.

Who'd be a manager eh?
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #57: Oct 10, 2013 12:46:57 pm
      I know very little on the lad just hope hes decent otherwise he wont be getting a permiant deal, the fact that its a loan might make him play out of his skin to make it perminant. you could see how upset he was when he went off injured.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #58: Oct 17, 2013 01:17:49 pm
      Do you think he starts over Enrique or not
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #59: Oct 17, 2013 05:04:34 pm
      I can't see him starting the weekend but good to have him on the bench fit to have another option in case Jose has a couple of bad games.
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #60: Oct 17, 2013 08:43:40 pm
      I am not Enrique's biggest fan, if I am honest. However, I've not seen enough to suggest that Cissokho is any better. That doesn't mean he isn't. However, we need to bed him in, in particular as he has little experience of the league and coming back from any injury.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #61: Oct 18, 2013 12:46:48 am
      He seems very direct and confident in what he wants to do when on the ball, and most of the time that is to take on players. However we haven't seen enough of him in games to determine whether his end product is up to par or not. But if it were id probably have him over Enrique, as apart from when his playing that cross ball to Suarez, i don't think he crosses well enough.
      manwithnoname
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 31 
      Reply #62: Oct 18, 2013 10:24:54 am
      He's pretty quick and powerful, but has no clue how to defend. Brainless.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #63: Oct 18, 2013 12:58:22 pm

I'll reserve judgment on his defensive capabilities and intellect until he actually plays a game for us.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #64: Oct 18, 2013 04:06:25 pm

Based on? Can't be based on his games for us so I take it you have spent time watching many a game he's played in at his previous clubs which makes me think you are a very keen and dedicated follower of Spanish, French and Portugese football, watching it weekly and recording games you miss and have seen him play many games in all them countries for you to be able to make such a statement. In which case, you must know a whole range of talented players that we aren't even massively aware of yet and can fill us with your in depth and thorough knowledge.
      « Last Edit: Oct 18, 2013 04:11:38 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #65: Oct 18, 2013 04:10:01 pm

Could say the say the same about your posting style.  :D
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #66: Oct 18, 2013 05:42:22 pm
      Could say the say the same about your posting style.  :D

Maybe a forum name change is in order....say manwithnobrain? ;D
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4877 
      Reply #67: Oct 18, 2013 10:41:47 pm
      Most likely to start tomorrow in Jose's absense.

Interested to see how he gets on.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #68: Oct 18, 2013 10:43:11 pm
      Maybe a forum name change is in order....say manwithnobrain? ;D

At least he'll be safe during the Zombie Apocalypse. ;D :D

Quick Reply