Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Aly Cissokho

Read 44086 times
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,487 posts | 231 
      Re: Aly Cissokho Player Thread
      Reply #69: Oct 19, 2013 03:26:40 pm
      A very good full debut. Well done lad.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #70: Oct 19, 2013 03:29:53 pm
      Another player who had a poor game. At fault for their second goal IMO, ball watching.
      Fowler#23
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 872 posts | 37 
      Reply #71: Oct 19, 2013 03:31:21 pm
      Decent debut, be nice to seem him go inside once or twice just to mix it up when attacking. Excellent tackle when Remy broke 1 on 1 late on. Fell asleep for there second, was interesting as ball went him looking round and then realizing it was his man who was free.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,181 posts | 832 
      Reply #72: Oct 19, 2013 07:15:43 pm
      A very good full debut. Well done lad.

??

He was poor today, couldn't control the ball, caught ball watching for the 2nd goal and almost gifted Newcastle a goal at the end when he headed the ball into Remy's feet.

Don't see much of him to be honest
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #73: Oct 19, 2013 07:36:22 pm
      ??

He was poor today, couldn't control the ball, caught ball watching for the 2nd goal and almost gifted Newcastle a goal at the end when he headed the ball into Remy's feet.

Don't see much of him to be honest

What?! I agree he could have done better defensively but he tracked Ben Arfa well in the first half, I remember Sakho getting beat and Aly breaking up play well and in the 2nd he stopped a 1v1 brilliantly, think that makes up for his header at the end. As for their 2nd goal, he was at fault but so were Skrtel, Sakho and someone else.

Going forward he done pretty well, showed his power a few times, remember someone was tracking him back and ended up on his ass. Put some good crosses in too but more often than not we had NOBODY in the box.

He wasn't amazing but he was far from poor mate.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #74: Oct 19, 2013 07:42:28 pm
      One of our better performers, as for the header he missed, it was behind him and very difficult.

Had more issue with him and Sakho losing the man on the back post for their 2nd to be honest.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,181 posts | 832 
      Reply #75: Oct 19, 2013 09:21:14 pm
      What?! I agree he could have done better defensively but he tracked Ben Arfa well in the first half, I remember Sakho getting beat and Aly breaking up play well and in the 2nd he stopped a 1v1 brilliantly, think that makes up for his header at the end. As for their 2nd goal, he was at fault but so were Skrtel, Sakho and someone else.

Going forward he done pretty well, showed his power a few times, remember someone was tracking him back and ended up on his ass. Put some good crosses in too but more often than not we had NOBODY in the box.

He wasn't amazing but he was far from poor mate.

Apart from his tackle mate (which any decent defender would have done the same in his position) he was awful on the ball, didn't see him hold it up once and his touch let him down a lot. His ball watching led him into some trouble as well.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #76: Oct 19, 2013 09:46:52 pm
      not a natural footballer
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #77: Oct 19, 2013 10:38:44 pm
      Apart from his tackle mate (which any decent defender would have done the same in his position) he was awful on the ball, didn't see him hold it up once and his touch let him down a lot. His ball watching led him into some trouble as well.

I think you were watching a different game to some of us.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #78: Oct 19, 2013 11:21:11 pm
      I thought Newcastle targeted Cissokho and Sakho today especially in the first half.

Hard to criticize him too much so early, but he needs to improve on his distribution and positioning.

king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #79: Oct 20, 2013 02:07:27 am
      I think he was good today better than I was expecting after his last display.  I think the system is suiting him too and with that performance Enrique will have good competition.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,320 posts | 1524 
      Reply #80: Oct 20, 2013 09:00:25 am
      I don't think it fair to judge after one full game. From what I've seen, I don't think he brings anything we haven't already got. But given time, he may prove me wrong. Puts pressure on Enrique to stay focused that's for sure.
      Fowler#23
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 872 posts | 37 
      Reply #81: Oct 20, 2013 11:20:03 pm
      From what I've seen, I don't think he brings anything we haven't already got.
      Agree with this mate, not to say I don't rate him but seems very similar to Enrique on first glance.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #82: Oct 21, 2013 04:32:21 am
      More potential going forward from that display.  Yes it was one performance and can't really take much from it.  To be honest I would be very skeptical to think we are going to offer him a deal to stay, but again very early.  I do think though that the system will suit him the 3412. 
      manwithnoname
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 31 
      Reply #83: Oct 21, 2013 11:28:59 am
      Pretty poor yesterday, as was Sakho.

I don't like seeing both of their names on teamsheets. We can amange one, but with both on the teamsheet, we will struggle to keep clean sheets.

asharma.lfc
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 652 posts | 26 
      Reply #84: Oct 21, 2013 01:47:20 pm
      I think the main difference between Cissokho and JE is that JE tends move inside a lot where as Cissokho will stay wide.I prefer JE though as he has good understanding with Suarez and Coutinho.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,808 posts | 2449 
      Reply #85: Oct 21, 2013 02:15:25 pm
      Pretty poor yesterday, as was Sakho.

I don't like seeing both of their names on teamsheets. We can amange one, but with both on the teamsheet, we will struggle to keep clean sheets.

Oh really? Did I miss something where Cissokho and Sakho were responsible for both goals we conceded? They were no worse than any of our other defenders and certainly had a better game than Moses and Henderson!
      manwithnoname
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 31 
      Reply #86: Oct 21, 2013 02:20:06 pm
      Oh really? Did I miss something where Cissokho and Sakho were responsible for both goals we conceded? They were no worse than any of our other defenders and certainly had a better game than Moses and Henderson!

They were culpable for the second goal, and Sakho should have been closer to Cabaye for the first.

So, yes. You did miss something.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,312 posts | 6376 
      Reply #87: Oct 21, 2013 02:21:07 pm

Cissokho was certainly responsible for the second goal...if you didn't see that then you weren't watching the game. Replays showed it clearly, Sakho probably should have covered, but Cissokho DEFINITELY should have covered an unmarked man running to the back post right behind HIM.

Echo what many others said, played ok defensively, but going forward he didn't have a great game. Doesn't mean he's not going to be a good player for us, but on this day he didn't play well. Would have rather seen Enrique in there but I guess he was injured?
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,808 posts | 2449 
      Reply #88: Oct 21, 2013 03:27:08 pm

They were culpable for the second goal, and Sakho should have been closer to Cabaye for the first.

So, yes. You did miss something.

No Cabaye ran untouched from the halfway line through our non existent midfield and fired a rocket there was no way Sakho could have closed him down in time! And for the 2nd Toure and Skrtel got in each others way and Skrtel misdirected his attempted header clearance right to the feet of the Newcastle player who admittedly should have been picked up by one of Sakho or Cissokho but it was a comedy of errors involving all 4 defenders!
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,808 posts | 2449 
      Reply #89: Oct 21, 2013 04:02:35 pm
      Cissokho was certainly responsible for the second goal...if you didn't see that then you weren't watching the game. Replays showed it clearly, Sakho probably should have covered, but Cissokho DEFINITELY should have covered an unmarked man running to the back post right behind HIM.

Echo what many others said, played ok defensively, but going forward he didn't have a great game. Doesn't mean he's not going to be a good player for us, but on this day he didn't play well. Would have rather seen Enrique in there but I guess he was injured?

Thought after a slow start Cissokho improved a good bit as the game went on. I remember him putting in a couple of dangerous balls into the box in the second half. One that Suarez caught on a volley. He showed me enough to warrant another start against the Baggies. Yea I think Jose is struggling with a knee injury not sure how long he is out for.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #90: Oct 27, 2013 07:02:31 am
      Not impressed by him at all.  :(
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,970 posts | 3054 
      Reply #91: Oct 27, 2013 07:14:43 am
      Give him time - he hasn't played a lot of football and was clearly extremely nervous early on vs Newcastle.

I think, without sparkling, he's gradually finding his LF"C-legs"!

Quick Reply