Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Tiago Ilori (Liverpool -> Reading)

Read 100484 times
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,987 posts | 222 
      Re: Tiago Ilori Player Thread
      Reply #115: Feb 16, 2014 06:20:58 pm
      he played again to day.
       Granada1-0Real Betis.
       clean sheet, any one know how he did?
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,987 posts | 222 
      Reply #116: Feb 16, 2014 08:34:01 pm
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #117: Feb 16, 2014 09:02:08 pm
      he played again to day.
       Granada1-0Real Betis.
       clean sheet, any one know how he did?

Did well got motm I think.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,593 posts | 2153 
      Reply #118: Feb 16, 2014 09:55:33 pm
      Looked like a tough debut from the looks of the 6 minute youtube clip in this thread. He's bloody quick though!

My early thoughts are that he looks like a bit of a project though
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,987 posts | 222 
      Reply #119: Feb 16, 2014 10:35:22 pm
      just feel that he should of been given some game time in the PL their were games were BR could of played him in
      Scottbot

• 9,593 posts | 2153 
      Reply #120: Feb 16, 2014 11:00:54 pm
      I wouldn't have fancied him at centre-half BUT he surely would have been worth a shout at full-back given our injuries. He has bags of pace and he looks like a technical player.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #121: Feb 16, 2014 11:31:13 pm
      My only issues with him are they he needs to put more weight on his passes and attack the ball more whether it be from defensive or attacking set pieces or open play.
      In La Liga maybe what he is currently doing is fine but in the perm you have to be more assertive.
      Has he ever played defensive mid? A touch of the Luiz about him.
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,987 posts | 222 
      Reply #122: Feb 17, 2014 11:22:22 pm
      better video look like he had good game

Tiago Ilori vs Real Betis | 16.02.14 | (H)
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #123: Feb 18, 2014 07:47:11 am
      That's the first time I've seen the kid play, but based on that those who've said we wasted our money on him were talking bollocks. The lad is obviously a very talented player, but will need to fill out a bit in order to prosper in the Premiership. Seriously though, based on that 7 million quid looks cheap to me (and Brendan says we didn't pay "anything like" that).
      harrydunn08

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Reply #124: Feb 18, 2014 04:25:52 pm
      That's the first time I've seen the kid play, but based on that those who've said we wasted our money on him were talking bollocks. The lad is obviously a very talented player, but will need to fill out a bit in order to prosper in the Premiership. Seriously though, based on that 7 million quid looks cheap to me (and Brendan says we didn't pay "anything like" that).

That's the first I've seen of the lad too.  He had some very good touches, made some good interceptions, seemed to win most of the aerial duels, and his long passing looks very sharp!  That was a hell of a raking cross field ball for the assist!!

If he can continue to get more experience in Spain over the next few months then I think he will be able to come back and have an impact here next season.  At 20 years old, he looks like a real talent (albeit from a 4 minute video clip). 
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #125: Feb 18, 2014 04:40:23 pm
      He certainly looks a decent prospect, mouth watering duo of him and Sakho for the future.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #126: Feb 18, 2014 06:01:35 pm
      That's the first I've seen of the lad too.  He had some very good touches, made some good interceptions, seemed to win most of the aerial duels, and his long passing looks very sharp!  That was a hell of a raking cross field ball for the assist!!

If he can continue to get more experience in Spain over the next few months then I think he will be able to come back and have an impact here next season.  At 20 years old, he looks like a real talent (albeit from a 4 minute video clip). 

At 20 years old he is too young for the Prem IMHO mate. Not many of the top teams have 20 year old centre halves, and I'd leave him in Spain for another year at least. After that, an Andre Wisdom style loan to a Championship club might put the much required hairs on his chest.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #127: Feb 19, 2014 12:25:33 am
      At 20 years old he is too young for the Prem IMHO mate. Not many of the top teams have 20 year old centre halves, and I'd leave him in Spain for another year at least. After that, an Andre Wisdom style loan to a Championship club might put the much required hairs on his chest.

Maybe better to just loan him to a Championship side straight away next season Mick as then we would get a better idea if he's suited to the game over here.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #128: Feb 19, 2014 01:22:05 am

If that pass was made by Xavi, Gerrard, Silva etc. we would be talking about it for months! Epic.
      harrydunn08

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Reply #129: Feb 19, 2014 04:56:04 pm
      If that pass was made by Xavi, Gerrard, Silva etc. we would be talking about it for months! Epic.

He hit a few other really good long passes in that game as well!! 

Fair point.  I just feel that it would be good to have him here to learn how to play in BR's system.  There will be games next year that we are 3 or 4 goals ahead with 30 minutes to play.  We could bring him on and get him some experience when the points are already in the bag.  He could also play in cup games, reserve team games, or even as a RB (like Carra did in his early days) to get more 1st team experience and playing time.  He would only be the 5th choice CB, so it's not like we would be relying too heavily on him, but I think that he could get a decent amount of experience by staying here next season. 
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #130: Feb 19, 2014 05:09:01 pm
      He hit a few other really good long passes in that game as well!! 

Fair point.  I just feel that it would be good to have him here to learn how to play in BR's system.  There will be games next year that we are 3 or 4 goals ahead with 30 minutes to play.  We could bring him on and get him some experience when the points are already in the bag.  He could also play in cup games, reserve team games, or even as a RB (like Carra did in his early days) to get more 1st team experience and playing time.  He would only be the 5th choice CB, so it's not like we would be relying too heavily on him, but I think that he could get a decent amount of experience by staying here next season. 

He needs experience playing in this country though Harry so I think we'll probably see him go on loan again after all he's had 6 months training with Brendan to get used to the system we play.  He needs to fill out a bit too but I think that'll happen naturally as he's still only a boy.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #131: Feb 19, 2014 05:38:09 pm
      I think Ilori's going to be a really good player for us. One great attribute he has is his pace. If he never gets big enough to be a CB in England (and I'm using that stereotype lightly as the football in the Prem is changing) he can probably do a good job as a FB.
      harrydunn08

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Reply #132: Feb 19, 2014 06:00:30 pm
      He needs experience playing in this country though Harry so I think we'll probably see him go on loan again after all he's had 6 months training with Brendan to get used to the system we play.  He needs to fill out a bit too but I think that'll happen naturally as he's still only a boy.

I'm not disagreeing with you (or Mick).  Just pointing out that BR seems to have more faith in youth players than most managers and I think there will be opportunities for him to get 1st team experience here if he stays next season.  I won't complain if he is loaned out though.

The most important thing though is that we all seem to be able to agree on one thing..... the lad has quality!!
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,715 posts | 162 
      Reply #133: Feb 19, 2014 06:08:49 pm
      I really like the look of this lad. He seems composed in possesion a good touch and from what we have seen recently can pass. Pace to burn. I have a feeling Rodgers has big plans for Tiago.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #134: Feb 19, 2014 06:13:14 pm
      I'm not disagreeing with you (or Mick).  Just pointing out that BR seems to have more faith in youth players than most managers and I think there will be opportunities for him to get 1st team experience here if he stays next season.  I won't complain if he is loaned out though.

The most important thing though is that we all seem to be able to agree on one thing..... the lad has quality!!

I have a feeling he sees our future CB pairing as Illori and Sakho but maybe not until the 2015/16 season when they've both had a decent time to settle and understanding of what's expected.
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,987 posts | 222 
      Reply #135: Feb 19, 2014 06:19:46 pm
      sorry guys but he should of had one to three appearances this season in the 1st team, there were deffently games he could of had a look in, then we really of seen how he would adapt to the PL.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #136: Feb 19, 2014 06:53:25 pm
      I have a feeling he sees our future CB pairing as Illori and Sakho but maybe not until the 2015/16 season when they've both had a decent time to settle and understanding of what's expected.

There's certainly a lot of pace and power in that pairing.

Something to look forwards to anyway :)
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #137: Feb 19, 2014 07:03:39 pm
      sorry guys but he should of had one to three appearances this season in the 1st team, there were deffently games he could of had a look in, then we really of seen how he would adapt to the PL.

I'd probably agree with you there mate as I know you know the player better than we do.  I'm excited to see what he can do as he's certainly way above u21s level.

Quick Reply