Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Tiago Ilori (Liverpool -> Reading)

Read 100024 times
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Re: Tiago Ilori Player Thread
      Reply #138: Feb 19, 2014 07:04:52 pm
      There's certainly a lot of pace and power in that pairing.

Something to look forwards to anyway :)

As well as both being comfortable on the ball it's definitely something to look forward to.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #139: Feb 22, 2014 07:16:41 pm
      La Liga: Granada eye permanent deal for Liverpool's Tiago Ilori

Last Updated: 22/02/14 12:09pm

Granada are considering a permanent move for Liverpool's Tiago Ilori after the Portuguese defender's impressive start to life in the Primera Division.

Ilori, 20, joined the Andalusian club in January until the end of the season and, despite making just two appearances, has impressed enough to leave sporting director Juan Carlos Cordero pondering a future transfer.

Liverpool may not be interested in selling, having signed the player for around £7million last summer with one eye on the future, but a third strong showing against Valencia on Sunday would surely increase his stock at Granada.

"For the experience he has he is calm, he has pace, moves the ball well. He has come in and fitted into the team very quickly," said Cordero.

"When the end of the summer comes we'll see if he is wanted by the Liverpool first team or if they want to sell or loan him.

"This is something that does not need to worry us now, it will come in due course as he continues to grow."

While Ilori won plaudits for his part in last weekend's 1-0 win over Real Betis - a result that ended a three-game losing streak - Dani Benitez was in Cordero's bad books.

He was sent off in the 79th minute having only arrived from the bench on the hour.

"He put the three points at risk, which his team worked hard for," said Cordero.

"He was calling for minutes and Lucas gave him the opportunity. He didn't make the most of it."

Valencia head into the match on the back of a trip to Cyprus, where they beat Dynamo Kiev 2-0 in a relocated Europa League clash on Thursday.

Manager Juan Antonio Pizzi once again rotated his goalkeeper for the game, with Guaita taking his regular cup place ahead of league regular Diego Alves.

The Brazilian is likely to be back on duty at the Mestalla, but Pizzi was evasive on the subject.

"There will be games to play one and matches to play the other," he said.

"The position of goalkeeper is one where you should be your maximum when the coach wants to use either of the two."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/live/match/295549/preview
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Reply #140: Feb 23, 2014 02:22:32 pm
      God HT v Swansea we could of used his pace today, he can not be any worse then what we have today
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #141: Feb 23, 2014 03:42:51 pm
      God HT v Swansea we could of used his pace today, he can not be any worse then what we have today

one bad game does not mean that skrtel and agger are sh*t.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #142: Feb 24, 2014 03:55:22 pm
      hmm yeah we should have given him his debut in a crazy match like that where experience and nerve counts for everything. (NOT)

honestly, what? he cannot be any worse than seasoned premier league campaigners and international captains martin skrtel and daniel agger? haha, just saying it sounds absolutely ridiculous. he's one of those kids who wears flat caps ffs! ;D he's a baby in football! calm down! please! we're meant to be the most intelligent, straight thinking fans in the world!!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #143: Feb 24, 2014 06:01:32 pm
      Think Brendan is playing this one perfect....getting some games and working on his quality, he should be ready to challenge for playing time in the first team next year if the introduction of Sterling, Ibe, Flanagan and Texiera are any indication. I would be seriously surprised if we sold him.

harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #144: Feb 24, 2014 06:44:19 pm
      Think Brendan is playing this one perfect....getting some games and working on his quality, he should be ready to challenge for playing time in the first team next year if the introduction of Sterling, Ibe, Flanagan and Texiera are any indication. I would be seriously surprised if we sold him.

Yeah, our strategy is to buy them young and nurture them into top players.  I'd be very surprised to see him sold, but another loan move could be on the cards depending on what BR's plans are for our 4 first team CBs along with young Wisdom and Kelly
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Reply #145: Feb 24, 2014 10:36:37 pm
      hmm yeah we should have given him his debut in a crazy match like that where experience and nerve counts for everything. (NOT)

who was talking about a debut v swans? he should of been given a debut ages ago he should of had already 3 to 4 games under his belt way before swans

any way he did not play yesterday rumor coming out of spain he is out injured for the rest of the season
      Munch101
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 495 posts | 80 
      Reply #146: Feb 25, 2014 11:58:37 am
      I'll be really pissed if Ilori does stay at Granada. I have been a fan of his since starting a Sporting Lisbon season on FM 2 years ago and he impressed me on the game so I checked him out in real life and i've always thought he's got great ability.

The future CB's of Sakho and Ilori really makes me a little bit wet. Ilori is the more technical one that plays smart and has pace to burn to always be in the right place. Sakho is the muscle that will put his face on the line if it means not conceding a goal with the physical presence!
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #147: Feb 25, 2014 04:08:04 pm
      any way he did not play yesterday rumor coming out of spain he is out injured for the rest of the season

That would be very unfortunate!!  All the signs pointed to him nailing down a starting position in Granada for the rest of the season.  We could really use him to get the experience, so this setback will be a big blow (if true).
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #148: Mar 14, 2014 08:40:36 pm
      So, any concrete news about him? He's not in Granada's squad. Suspension for the red card?
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Reply #149: Apr 12, 2014 07:26:34 pm
      Tiago has started tonight and are winning 1-0 still in the 1st half vs Barca
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #150: Apr 12, 2014 08:56:03 pm
      Watched Granada beat Barca tonight 1-0. Ilori was immense. Thought he had an excellent match. The kid looks to have some good potential about him.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #151: Apr 12, 2014 09:06:15 pm
      What a result and match for Ilori to have participated in! Barca seem to be sliding badly now but regardless, that is still a stunning result!
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #152: Apr 12, 2014 09:32:01 pm
      There were many who thought/think that this kid was a classic case of Brendan wasting money earlier in the season. I must confess seeing as he never ever appeared I was thinking that myself until I saw a Youtube clip of him wearing the Grenada shirt. He really is potentially something really special this kid, and my hope is his obvious talent will end up being suitable for English football. If it is, we will have a real player on our hands when he matures. If it isn't, I cannot believe we will be short of people willing to take him off our hands.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,019 posts | 2741 
      Reply #153: Apr 12, 2014 10:53:34 pm
      Very impressive tonight.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #154: Apr 12, 2014 11:09:12 pm
      Granada won 1-0  :o

Anybody see it? How did our boy do?
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #155: Apr 12, 2014 11:25:40 pm

Anybody see it? How did our boy do?

Take a look at the post above yours.  ;)
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #156: Apr 12, 2014 11:28:28 pm
      Take a look at the post above yours.  ;)

my bad somehow missed that. Browser did that thing of taking me to last read post - apologies
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4877 
      Reply #157: Apr 12, 2014 11:30:39 pm
      my bad somehow missed that. Browser did that thing of taking me to last read post - apologies

Scroll broken? :f_tongueincheek:
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #158: Apr 12, 2014 11:32:45 pm

ha ha - brains broken

Think it was because it was the last reply on the previous page
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #159: Apr 13, 2014 12:14:45 am
      Read he was chosen MOTM as Granada beat Barcelona. Not bad eh?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4877 
      Reply #160: Apr 13, 2014 12:15:46 am
      Read he was chosen MOTM as Granada beat Barcelona. Not bad eh?

Not bad at all.

Looks like we might have a player on our hands.

Quick Reply