Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Tiago Ilori (Liverpool -> Reading)

Read 100023 times
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Re: Tiago Ilori Player Thread
      Reply #506: Sep 23, 2015 12:12:04 am
      central defensive midfield role
      http://www.avfc.co.uk/javaImages/e7/37/0,,10265~13973479,00.jpg
      [/quote]Tiago Ilori played 90 minutes as Villa U21s secured a dramatic win over Brighton at Walsall's Banks's Stadium.

Libor Kozak's stoppage time penalty sealed victory in a closely fought Barclays U21 Premier League Division Two contest.

On loan Liverpool man Ilori occupied a central defensive midfield role and was joined in the starting XI by the returning Jose Angel Crespo.[/quote]
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #507: Sep 23, 2015 12:27:38 am
      So we basically loaned him out to continue what he would have been playing for us just so we don't have to pay his wages.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #508: Sep 23, 2015 12:36:27 am
      Question is why are Villa playing him in central midfield?

Is he not good enough to challenge the two center halves in the under 21's?

verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Reply #509: Sep 23, 2015 08:13:12 pm
      Question is why are Villa playing him in central midfield?

Is he not good enough to challenge the two center halves in the under 21's?

good question!
      was good enough to keep the best England u21s in the euros quite and get to the final, just seems to me it was a panic buy by Rodgers at the end of transfer window
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #510: Sep 23, 2015 11:40:06 pm
      good question!
      was good enough to keep the best England u21s in the euros quite and get to the final, just seems to me it was a panic buy by Rodgers at the end of transfer window

Yea I don't know myself.

Rodgers made a statement some time ago saying something along the lines he was purchased for the future and LFC will not see the real benefit in having him.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #511: Oct 13, 2015 12:19:08 pm
      I need to vent my frustration yet again in losing Ilori to Villa. How can we bin a player that was a key player in the Portugal U21 team that reached the final? A player that played well when fit and called upon for Granada and Bordeaux to now rotting in Sherwood's U21's, it really baffles me. Would it be different if Ilori chose to represent England or his name being, Tony Inglethorpe?

I think he could've been a strong contender for a CB role under our new management team, certainly has all the attributes that Klopp likes in a CB, such a shame :(
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #512: Oct 13, 2015 12:48:07 pm
      frustration yet again in losing Ilori to Villa. How can we bin a player that was a key player in the Portugal U21 team that reached the final? A player that played well when fit and called upon for Granada and Bordeaux to now rotting in Sherwood's U21's, it really baffles me. Would it be different if Ilori chose to represent England or his name being, Tony Inglethorpe?

I think he could've been a strong contender for a CB role under our new management team, certainly has all the attributes that Klopp likes in a CB, such a shame

Not sure there's any need for such a childish remark.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #513: Oct 13, 2015 12:59:12 pm
      Not sure there's any need for such a childish remark.

I'm confused, what is so childish about that? It's a genuine question. Do coaches in UK favour their British counterparts over foreign players? We see and hear so much about foreign players being superior technically than British players, yet a lot of the young foreign kids fail in succeeding and breaking into their first team setup. Is it favouritism?

Personally, I understand if it were favouritism, because If I were a coach, I too would choose to favour British over foreign, (unless of course they are something truly special) simply to keep that British identity within the club, so I wonder if it's similar in other clubs around UK.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #514: Oct 13, 2015 01:05:29 pm
      Sherwood is not going to give llori an opportunity at Villa he is from the same mould as Rodgers preferring British or EPL based players.

There is a rumour that Sherwood is having the same issues as Rodgers with the new DoF getting him 12 new players over the summer but mainly young and foreign.

Sherwood is complaining they can't cope with the EPL.......! Typical response from a heart on the sleeve manager who has no tactical nous of how to set up a team apart from the "get stuck in lads" tactics.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #515: Oct 13, 2015 02:39:21 pm
      I think at some point we are probably going to have to accept that best in the best case scenario Ilori is not quite good enough yet. Worst case/most likely scenario is of course that he never will be. We couldn't wait to ship him out, he can't get in the team at Villa, and we're hardly being knocked over with enquiries from likely suitors. Given all of that, the chances of him being actually a Verane in disguise are about as likely as me shagging Abigail Clancey tonight.

I know we all love the idea of us picking up a real diamond for a relatively low fee then developing a superstar, but it doesn't happen often. The reality is that for every Phillipe Coutinho there are 50 Dani Pachecho's, lots of Suso's and the like. It will always be so I'm afraid. 
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,138 posts | 1193 
      Reply #516: Oct 13, 2015 03:09:55 pm
      I think at some point we are probably going to have to accept that best in the best case scenario Ilori is not quite good enough yet. Worst case/most likely scenario is of course that he never will be. We couldn't wait to ship him out, he can't get in the team at Villa, and we're hardly being knocked over with enquiries from likely suitors. Given all of that, the chances of him being actually a Verane in disguise are about as likely as me shagging Abigail Clancey tonight.

I know we all love the idea of us picking up a real diamond for a relatively low fee then developing a superstar, but it doesn't happen often. The reality is that for every Phillipe Coutinho there are 50 Dani Pachecho's, lots of Suso's and the like. It will always be so I'm afraid. 

This was a particularly expensive punt as well I seem to recall (£6-7m?). At the same time we punted on Albert and Aspaz, spunking a good portion of money on players who have added essentially nothing to us. Coutinho is a different case IMO as well in that he was more proven/more obviously a gifted player before we bought him (wonderkid signed by Inter, had a spell proving himself at Malaga) so I think the lesson for as long as we aren't silly minted is that we shouldn't really be taking punts on the likes of Ilary, Albert & co. Or if we do, at least keep it to one at a time and not three in one go.
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,860 posts | 165 
      Reply #517: Oct 13, 2015 04:38:39 pm
      Correct me if I'm wrong, but Villa only have the option to buy, we can still choose not to sell? correct.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #518: Oct 13, 2015 04:48:58 pm
      Correct me if I'm wrong, but Villa only have the option to buy, we can still choose not to sell? correct.

That would be a pretty hilarious contract if it existed.

Unfortunately fella an option to buy is exactly that, we have already given them our price selling price regardless of performance this season, if they choose to exercise that option is up to them.

The only variable is Ilori, I don't believe even if the option is taken that he is committed to the move, I believe he may still refuse it to return here at which point I believe the clause becomes null and void (meaning we can then sell elsewhere).
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #519: Oct 13, 2015 05:40:03 pm
      meaning we can then sell elsewhere

Or keep him if Klopp thinks he can use him  ;)
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #520: Oct 24, 2015 08:33:44 am
      Is it Villa he's off too? Villa who have just signed Richards and Lescott...

Won't even get a game all season just watch.

Can we recall him now please.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #521: Oct 24, 2015 12:48:41 pm

They have an option to buy, we have no power in asking him to come back.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #522: Oct 24, 2015 01:16:50 pm
      They have an option to buy, we have no power in asking him to come back.

We have no power over our own player. So frustrating.
      Munch101
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 495 posts | 80 
      Reply #523: Oct 26, 2015 06:45:16 am
      Maybe if he isn't playing for villa he just isn't that good...
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #524: Oct 26, 2015 07:45:17 am

Never take Tim Sherwoods choice of players seriously.

Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #525: Oct 26, 2015 10:18:56 am

Just like Sakho isn't that good because wasn't getting games for us under Rodgers?  ;)
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Reply #526: Oct 26, 2015 07:01:41 pm
      rumor that  Rodgers could be their new boss, if so we can expect Tiago back
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #527: Oct 26, 2015 07:24:00 pm
      rumor that  Rodgers could be their new boss, if so we can expect Tiago back

And for them to come in for Allen :D
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Reply #528: Nov 02, 2015 06:49:58 pm
       Remi Garde is the new villa boss, let see if Tiago gets any game time while he was the Lyon boss  he used to use a lot of the youngster

Quick Reply