Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W9 D10 L12

Tiago Ilori (Liverpool -> Reading)

Read 100419 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Tiago Ilori Player Thread
      Reply #368: Jun 30, 2015 10:29:39 pm
      Would be good to see us play a CB with some pace about him for a change.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #369: Jun 30, 2015 10:32:28 pm
      Thought Portugal would have won that with how they've played throughout the tournament but they had they're real game in the semis against Germany. 

Very, very exciting and talented group of youngsters beaten by a very well organised Swedish side.
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #370: Jun 30, 2015 11:33:14 pm
      Really hope he gets a chance and breaks through this season, could solve a lot of problems for us.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,189 posts | 6346 
      Reply #371: Jun 30, 2015 11:42:30 pm
      Really hope he gets a chance and breaks through this season, could solve a lot of problems for us.

He and Sakho would certainly be a mobile cb pairing. Strong in the air as well.
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #372: Jul 01, 2015 12:32:00 am
      He and Sakho would certainly be a mobile cb pairing. Strong in the air as well.

They would be my ideal pairing too, if Ilori shows he can handle the Premier League. My only worry would be that both of them seem to be quite injury prone.
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #373: Jul 01, 2015 01:55:46 am
      Hope Ilori gets a chance this season. I am interested to see what our CB pairing will be like to start next season. Lots of competition it seems like which is good to say the least.
      wmeliane
      • Forum John Barnes

• 421 posts | 21 
      Reply #374: Jul 01, 2015 03:39:12 am
      Problem is who would he replace in the squad? In my opinion, there was no need to extend Toure's contract by 1 year as he would block the progressive introduction of Ilori to the team...
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #375: Jul 01, 2015 04:44:40 am
      Problem is who would he replace in the squad? In my opinion, there was no need to extend Toure's contract by 1 year as he would block the progressive introduction of Ilori to the team...

Really no harm in carrying 5 CB is there? We are talking Ilori and Toure being #4-5.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,497 posts | 1759 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #376: Jul 01, 2015 07:45:50 am
      Really no harm in carrying 5 CB is there? We are talking Ilori and Toure being #4-5.

correct, esp. if we end up playing 3 at the back again, and we have 3 cups to play for, plenty chances early doors this season at least to give the lad some games, if he impresses it can only be good, and put's pressure on the 3 main CB's.

Also Lovren & Sahko have proven to be quite injury prone.

harrydunn08

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Reply #377: Jul 11, 2015 04:23:54 pm
      I can't help but fantasize about a Can - Ilori partnership in a couple years. Ilori is tall, quick, athletic, and elegant. Can is big, strong, faster than he looks, and good with the ball at his feet. I know many people on here want to see Can in midfield, but I've come to think he's better suited to the CB role in our team. The only worrying thing about this pairing is they are both very young, but in paper it seems like a very well balanced pair!!
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #378: Jul 11, 2015 04:45:59 pm
      I can't help but fantasize about a Can - Ilori partnership in a couple years. Ilori is tall, quick, athletic, and elegant. Can is big, strong, faster than he looks, and good with the ball at his feet. I know many people on here want to see Can in midfield, but I've come to think he's better suited to the CB role in our team. The only worrying thing about this pairing is they are both very young, but in paper it seems like a very well balanced pair!!

I still believe Can can be a beast of a CB, especially with an experienced player next to him, someone like Hyypia would've been perfect! Perhaps a Sakho & Can would work well! As for Ilori, I too feel he has the potential to be exceptional, certainly has all the qualities, just needs to stay fit and get games!!
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,986 posts | 222 
      Reply #379: Jul 12, 2015 08:30:18 pm
      he is not on the list for the tour, could it be coz he was at the u21s for Portugal that they left him out?
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #380: Jul 12, 2015 08:31:59 pm
      he is not on the list for the tour, could it be coz he was at the u21s for Portugal that they left him out?

I think so. Can is not included too?
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #381: Jul 12, 2015 08:42:52 pm
      I think so. Can is not included too?

Can's been given extra time off along with Illori, Coutinho, Firmino. Not sure if there are any others.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #382: Jul 17, 2015 11:02:39 pm
      Rodgers ruled out the need for any more defensive reinforcements between now and the end of the transfer window.

“I think we’re fine for centre-halves,” he said.

“We’ve got the two boys who started (Skrtel and Sakho) and then Lovren and Toure.

“Young Gomez can play in there too so we’re fine in that area. Joe played a lot of his career at Charlton in the middle.

"He’s got all the tools to play across the back four and he’s a big talent.”

Confirmed in a way that Ilori won't be with us this season ?
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #383: Jul 17, 2015 11:27:14 pm
      Rodgers ruled out the need for any more defensive reinforcements between now and the end of the transfer window.

“We’ve got the two boys who started (Skrtel and Sakho) and then Lovren and Toure.

“Young Gomez can play in there too so we’re fine in that area. Joe played a lot of his career at Charlton in the middle.

We may have the numbers but we're most certainly not fine at centre back :D It's a circus act whenever they play.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #384: Jul 17, 2015 11:29:47 pm

Disappointing and gutted if he doesn't get a look in. I actually wanted to see Ilori fill in for Sakho when he's injured or needs a rest :(
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #385: Jul 17, 2015 11:31:05 pm
      We may have the numbers but we're most certainly not fine at centre back :D It's a circus act whenever they play.

With a stronger midfield setup, I think it'll be ok. I really do want to see a Can & Sakho partnership, or even a Can & Ilori :D
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #386: Jul 17, 2015 11:35:39 pm
      With a stronger midfield setup, I think it'll be ok. I really do want to see a Can & Sakho partnership, or even a Can & Ilori :D

For us to be stronger at the back though I think we'd need a much better DM than Lucas, or at least one that is more consistent and suffers less injuries. The opposition's attackers tend to get through our midfield far too easily and then our centre backs start to panic and do all sorts of dumb stuff.
      Amit
      • Forum Youth Player

• 23 posts |
      Reply #387: Aug 02, 2015 09:10:13 pm
      2 friendlies in 2 days and still no sign of Ilori. imagined he'd fill in at RB today.
      Is he still on the team? injured again?
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #388: Aug 02, 2015 09:13:07 pm
      2 friendlies in 2 days and still no sign of Ilori. imagined he'd fill in at RB today.
      Is he still on the team? injured again?

He's on paternity leave mate, his wife's just had a baby.
      Amit
      • Forum Youth Player

• 23 posts |
      Reply #389: Aug 02, 2015 09:21:05 pm
      Thanks Debs,
      Best reason to miss a game I can think of...
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #390: Aug 02, 2015 09:30:11 pm
      Thanks Debs,
      Best reason to miss a game I can think of...

Sure is.

Quick Reply