Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

Mamadou Sakho (Liverpool > Crystal Palace)

Read 206160 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,157 posts | 8544 
      Re: Mamadou Sakho Player Thread
      Reply #1288: Nov 13, 2015 01:39:04 pm
      Mama's pretty injury prone. I hope the section of our fans who 'turned' on Agger, for that reason, aren't consistent.

I'll refer you to that pic from the derby and the fact Mama was there at Melwood watching the Kiwi Rugby team doing the Haka yesterday!!

Like F**k any of our lot would start on Mama "Scouse Soldier" Sakho  ;D
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #1289: Nov 13, 2015 03:39:52 pm
      Fair enough Roddenberry - I guess, for most, there is a tipping point - my 'patience' may just be set at a different level. Although the fact can't be ignored that we all 'judge' from a position of bias; maintaining a consistent approach can be hard.

It's not such much being consistent that's the issue, in fact people that are steadfast even when new information becomes available worry me. If anything, on the whole, people have been less patient with Sakho than they were with Agger.  But as I said, it'll be new information that sways me further, more niggling injuries and/or long term injuries over the next couple of seasons, no matter how good a player he is, we'll need to look elsewhere, if he remains fit for a large proportion of games, we won't.

bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #1290: Nov 18, 2015 01:53:22 pm
      Like F**k any of our lot would start on Mama "Scouse Soldier" Sakho
      I reckon you are right mate he has built a bit of a cult status and we need players like that.

If anything, on the whole, people have been less patient with Sakho than they were with Agger.
      Not seeing anything to support that personally; you may be right but I hope you're wrong.

Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #1291: Nov 18, 2015 02:56:01 pm

Not seeing anything to support that personally; you may be right but I hope you're wrong.

Their you go again, proving why eye-witness statements aren't worth a damn.  ;D

bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #1292: Nov 18, 2015 08:00:17 pm
      Their you go again, proving why eye-witness statements aren't worth a damn.
      Singing to the choir brother Rodders.  :angel:
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #1293: Nov 19, 2015 03:12:29 pm
      expected return date???

i think he's a bigger loss than sturridge for us he's composed on the ball see's a pass that the other two CB's just dont see and he's great at tackling and defending set pieces. Teams will now just whip balls into our box like palace did when he went off as we cant deal with them without the Beast.

need him back fully fit but it seems to be a problem of his staying fit which could prove to be his downfall.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,318 posts | 2811 
      Reply #1294: Dec 12, 2015 03:31:54 pm
      Was back in full training today, JĂźrgen said he could feature next weekend against Watford.

Great news!
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1295: Dec 12, 2015 03:44:13 pm
      Was back in full training today, JĂźrgen said he could feature next weekend against Watford.

Great news!

Wow :O Thought he would miss the whole of this month :O Hope he's not rushed into action too quick!!
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #1296: Dec 13, 2015 08:19:09 am
      I read somewhere that he will be back at full training next week.Flannagan should be back soon also :)
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      Reply #1297: Dec 13, 2015 08:20:47 am

Great news!

Oh allready,man i love this player!Sturridge should look up to him.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #1298: Dec 16, 2015 10:57:03 am
      How can you not love this guy?

Liverpool FC's Mamadou Sakho: Now I'm a Scouser, I give everything for the Scouse nation

16:07, 15 Dec 2015
          Updated 16:07, 15 Dec 2015
          By James Pearce

Reds defender on how he feels a duty to give something back to the city through the work of the club's Foundation.

Mamadou Sakho has opened up about the satisfaction he gets from his work with the Liverpool FC Foundation as he insisted: “Now I’m a Scouser and I give everything for the Scouse nation!”

The popular France international defender says the time he dedicates to the club’s official charity has helped him feel part of the local community since his £18million move from Paris Saint-Germain in 2013.

Sakho volunteered to become an ambassador for the Foundation shortly after his arrival and since then he’s acted as a mentor for children at Anfield’s All Saints Primary School.

He visits the youngsters on a regular basis - helping to teach them French as well as taking part in sports and reading sessions. Attendance levels have improved since the link-up and Sakho believes he has a duty to give something back to the city.

“I always promised myself that if I did make it I would try to help children,” he told Liverpool FC’s official matchday programme.

“That’s why I am involved with the Foundation and what they do. Going to the school is very important to me.

“I don’t think it’s asking too much for a footballer to give up some of their free time, but it clearly means a lot to the kids. Seeing them smile is great, it makes me feel good.

“Trying to help others has always been normal for me. I had nothing when I was a kid growing up back in Paris but I always tried to share with others or give them something if they needed it more than me.

“As a footballer you are an example to youngsters because so many of them watch the game, support their team and idolise players. So you have to try to do the right thing for them. We have a role to play in setting an example and we always need to be aware of that. Being involved has been a great way for me to get to know the city and the people.

“When I moved here I wanted to make a real effort to be involved in the community. Doing so helps you to understand the history of the city and the club. I had the same approach when I was in Paris. Now I’m a Scouser and I give everything for the Scouse nation!”

It’s been a rollercoaster season for Sakho so far. He started the campaign on bench duty before being handed the honour of captaining the Reds in their Europa League clash with Bordeaux in his homeland.

A dominant performance led to him retaining his place and he penned a new long-term contract. His impressive form earned him the adulation of the Kop but he was then sidelined by knee ligament damage sustained against Crystal Palace.

Five weeks on he’s back in full training and eyeing a comeback in Sunday’s Premier League trip to Watford. There is a void to fill after Dejan Lovren was ruled out for up to three weeks with a knee injury and Sakho is relishing being part of the Reds’ hectic festive schedule.

“Wearing the armband for the first time meant a lot to me because of the great history of this club and the legendary captains that have been here,” Sakho added.

“But my approach is always the same. Whether I have an armband or not, I always give everything for the team and the club.

“In most countries football stops around Christmas. Here in England it is the opposite.

“I think it’s one of the reasons why the Premier League is so attractive. It’s great for the fans. The day after Christmas dinner they can sit down to watch the games and eat the leftovers. That is very enjoyable, particularly if they see us winning.”

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fcs-mamadou-sakho-now-10604498#rlabs=1%20rt
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1299: Dec 16, 2015 12:03:57 pm
      How can you not love this guy?

Liverpool FC's Mamadou Sakho: Now I'm a Scouser, I give everything for the Scouse nation

16:07, 15 Dec 2015
          Updated 16:07, 15 Dec 2015
          By James Pearce

Reds defender on how he feels a duty to give something back to the city through the work of the club's Foundation.

Mamadou Sakho has opened up about the satisfaction he gets from his work with the Liverpool FC Foundation as he insisted: “Now I’m a Scouser and I give everything for the Scouse nation!”

The popular France international defender says the time he dedicates to the club’s official charity has helped him feel part of the local community since his £18million move from Paris Saint-Germain in 2013.

Sakho volunteered to become an ambassador for the Foundation shortly after his arrival and since then he’s acted as a mentor for children at Anfield’s All Saints Primary School.

He visits the youngsters on a regular basis - helping to teach them French as well as taking part in sports and reading sessions. Attendance levels have improved since the link-up and Sakho believes he has a duty to give something back to the city.

“I always promised myself that if I did make it I would try to help children,” he told Liverpool FC’s official matchday programme.

“That’s why I am involved with the Foundation and what they do. Going to the school is very important to me.

“I don’t think it’s asking too much for a footballer to give up some of their free time, but it clearly means a lot to the kids. Seeing them smile is great, it makes me feel good.

“Trying to help others has always been normal for me. I had nothing when I was a kid growing up back in Paris but I always tried to share with others or give them something if they needed it more than me.

“As a footballer you are an example to youngsters because so many of them watch the game, support their team and idolise players. So you have to try to do the right thing for them. We have a role to play in setting an example and we always need to be aware of that. Being involved has been a great way for me to get to know the city and the people.

“When I moved here I wanted to make a real effort to be involved in the community. Doing so helps you to understand the history of the city and the club. I had the same approach when I was in Paris. Now I’m a Scouser and I give everything for the Scouse nation!”

It’s been a rollercoaster season for Sakho so far. He started the campaign on bench duty before being handed the honour of captaining the Reds in their Europa League clash with Bordeaux in his homeland.

A dominant performance led to him retaining his place and he penned a new long-term contract. His impressive form earned him the adulation of the Kop but he was then sidelined by knee ligament damage sustained against Crystal Palace.

Five weeks on he’s back in full training and eyeing a comeback in Sunday’s Premier League trip to Watford. There is a void to fill after Dejan Lovren was ruled out for up to three weeks with a knee injury and Sakho is relishing being part of the Reds’ hectic festive schedule.

“Wearing the armband for the first time meant a lot to me because of the great history of this club and the legendary captains that have been here,” Sakho added.

“But my approach is always the same. Whether I have an armband or not, I always give everything for the team and the club.

“In most countries football stops around Christmas. Here in England it is the opposite.

“I think it’s one of the reasons why the Premier League is so attractive. It’s great for the fans. The day after Christmas dinner they can sit down to watch the games and eat the leftovers. That is very enjoyable, particularly if they see us winning.”

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fcs-mamadou-sakho-now-10604498#rlabs=1%20rt

He's awesome isn't he, just hope he can steer clear of injuries once he returns. Could easily be the best defender in the league with an injury free run.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1300: Dec 16, 2015 08:53:44 pm
      Yet to lose a game he has played 90mins in this season.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,174 posts | 4402 
      Reply #1301: Dec 16, 2015 09:43:12 pm
      Got to love the Scouse Warrior......
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      Reply #1302: Dec 17, 2015 07:21:53 pm
      Is he fit for the Watford game???
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #1303: Dec 18, 2015 07:52:21 am
      Love Big Mama, he could easily be in top 5 best defenders in Europe if he stays fit long enough.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,174 posts | 4402 
      Reply #1304: Dec 21, 2015 01:35:00 pm
      I know he was not match fit and rushed back due to circumstances but that second half performance.  :lmao:

Still better than Skrtel mind  :lmao:
      « Last Edit: Dec 21, 2015 02:03:22 pm by HScRed1 »
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,150 posts | 2780 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1305: Dec 21, 2015 01:38:35 pm
      I know he was not match fit and rushed back due to circumstances but that second half performance.  :lmao:

he was bullied plane and simple
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #1306: Dec 21, 2015 01:59:59 pm
      Came back too quickly yesterday, maybe showing just how far Toure has now fallen in the pecking order.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #1307: Dec 21, 2015 11:14:54 pm
      What a brutal performance that was from Mama, wow just wow.

Had Lovren put anything close to his second half performance people would be hounding him with pitch forks.

I will give him benefit of the doubt thought he has come back in from a long spell on the sidelines and that pitch was awful for a big man.

Binomial
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 885 posts | 37 
      • Doing things over and expecting different results
      Reply #1308: Dec 22, 2015 08:04:45 pm
      Binomial
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 885 posts | 37 
      • Doing things over and expecting different results
      Reply #1309: Dec 22, 2015 08:05:24 pm