Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

Mamadou Sakho (Liverpool > Crystal Palace)

Read 206148 times
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Re: Mamadou Sakho Player Thread
      Reply #1495: Jun 07, 2016 09:33:28 pm

Has to go down and one of the best one-liners of the year so far.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #1496: Jun 08, 2016 10:41:36 am
      Mama takes a bullet for the club then? Asked to be banned to protect the club? I think that's the message I'm getting from his request to be banned...

If so my love for him has escalated.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1497: Jun 08, 2016 07:55:45 pm
      Mama takes a bullet for the club then? Asked to be banned to protect the club? I think that's the message I'm getting from his request to be banned...

If so my love for him has escalated.

That really wouldn't surprise me. From what I've heard and read, he's been a gent in the community from the minute he arrived, even when he couldn't speak that much English.
      harrydunn08

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Reply #1498: Jun 10, 2016 02:34:57 am
      Is this matter closed then?  Or are UEFA going to reopen the matter ???  Wouldn't surprise me if they pick back up after the Euros and ban him for 10 months starting the day of the season opener.....  F**k FIFA and UEFA the slimey cu*ts!!! 
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #1499: Jun 10, 2016 06:19:09 am
      Is this matter closed then?  Or are UEFA going to reopen the matter ???  Wouldn't surprise me if they pick back up after the Euros and ban him for 10 months starting the day of the season opener.....  F**k FIFA and UEFA the slimey cu*ts!!! 

Not closed yet mate. Sakho has put forward his defence that the substances he took shouldn't be on the banned list, but Uefa still haven't confirmed that they agree.

Although not extending the ban might indicate they expect to agree with his defence, the fact that Sakho asked to be suspended might negate that hope somewhat.

Liverpool defender Mamadou Sakho has been handed a Euro 2016 lifeline after UEFA chose not to extend his suspension from football after a positive drugs test.

The France international was provisionally banned for 30 days on April 28 by after being notified by European football's governing body of an anti-doping offence relating to a test taken after March's Europa League quarter-final against Manchester United at Old Trafford.

However, UEFA have decided not to extend that suspension, which expires on Saturday, as they have launched their own investigation into whether the fat-burning substance the centre-back took should even be on the banned list.

As a result, the case against Sakho remains on file pending those investigations but with his suspension lifted he is technically available for selection by national team boss Didier Deschamps, with national teams having until May 31 to submit their final squads for this summer's tournament in France.

Sakho submitted his defence to UEFA's disciplinary committee on Monday and as part of that his legal team questioned whether the substance in the supplement should even be on the prohibited list given some apparent scientific evidence on its effects.

Rather than set a date for a hearing to consider the defender's case UEFA have instead ordered their own disciplinary body to first look into whether the substance should even be on the WADA list.

In a brief statement on Sakho, UEFA said: "The 30-day provisional suspension ends today.

"The chairman of the control, ethics and disciplinary body decided not to extend it.

"The player would thus be free to play as from tomorrow. A decision on the case will be made within the next few days."

Liverpool have declined to comment.

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,174 posts | 4402 
      Reply #1500: Jul 02, 2016 09:18:18 am
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1501: Jul 02, 2016 09:34:55 am
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,174 posts | 4402 
      Reply #1502: Jul 05, 2016 11:36:42 pm
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #1503: Jul 06, 2016 08:57:37 am

At least we'll know early enough if we need cover but it should never have gone on this long ffs.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #1504: Jul 06, 2016 03:50:47 pm
      At least we'll know early enough if we need cover but it should never have gone on this long ffs.

Definitely agree with this.

My biggest concern is that his argument seems to be appealing to logic and reason on the part of UEFA and so....well, you know the rest.
      harrydunn08

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Reply #1505: Jul 08, 2016 02:45:34 am

Definitely agree with this.

My biggest concern is that his argument seems to be appealing to logic and reason on the part of UEFA and so....well, you know the rest.

If he does get a ban then I just hope it is retroactive from the time he was removed from our team.  He's already missed one European cup final and will now miss a 2nd one (France in the Euros) as a result of this.   I feel bad for him as he seems to me like a really good guy....

YNWA Mama
      Jimsouse67

• 9,439 posts | 1465 
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1509: Jul 08, 2016 09:32:19 pm
      Should try and take UEFA for whatever he can. Not only did they end up making him miss the end to our season but also made him miss the Euro's. There was no need for this to have dragged on for as long as it has.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #1510: Jul 08, 2016 09:39:43 pm
      He should sue the F**k out of the incompetent bas**rds.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #1511: Jul 08, 2016 09:52:25 pm
      Good news for him.

Doesn't really change the fact that he was (at best) very inconsistent last season.  This doesn't change that at all.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1512: Jul 08, 2016 09:55:31 pm
      Good news for him.

Doesn't really change the fact that he was (at best) very inconsistent last season.  This doesn't change that at all.

This isn't even in anyway related to his form.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #1513: Jul 08, 2016 09:57:49 pm

I'd love to play pontoon with you, you'd twist on 21!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,264 posts | 6367 
      Reply #1514: Jul 09, 2016 01:23:29 am
      Good news for him.

None of our players were consistent. Hell, most players in the league aren't. It's called being human :D
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #1515: Jul 09, 2016 01:55:46 pm
      Perhaps what's needed is an apology from those 'supporters' who were quick to demonise him and call for him to be sacked eh?

It was clear from the start that it was nothing malicious or devious. Foolish and brainless at worst, but the people (including Liverpool 'supporters') who went into hysterics about it need to take a long hard look at themselves.

He's a good honest pro is Mamadou. Fingers crossed he's here for a very long time.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1516: Jul 09, 2016 02:19:54 pm
      Perhaps what's needed is an apology from those 'supporters' who were quick to demonise him and call for him to be sacked eh?

It was clear from the start that it was nothing malicious or devious. Foolish and brainless at worst, but the people (including Liverpool 'supporters') who went into hysterics about it need to take a long hard look at themselves.

He's a good honest pro is Mamadou. Fingers crossed he's here for a very long time.

How was it clear from the start? Nobody can possibly know that really. I'm not one of those that said he should be sacked but I did raise the question of whether the club would or not if he's banned for a long period of time.

It's easy to come out like you are now when he's been cleared of all wrong doing.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #1517: Jul 09, 2016 05:54:15 pm
      This isn't even in anyway related to his form.

of course not.

But it's related to his praise.  We still need a top CB.  Basically we've got Lovren, who has had one wretched season, then one season where he was better; Matip, who we have no idea how he will adjust; Sakho who is inconsistent at best; and then some kids basically (Gomez, Wisdom, etc etc).  So every single one of our CBs has a question mark, and that's being kind.  Not to mention the numbers have simply dropped, with Toure and Skrtel leaving.

A solid CB is required ASAP.  Two more, in fact.

Quick Reply