Trending Topics

Mamadou Sakho (Liverpool > Crystal Palace)

Read 206241 times
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Re: Mamadou Sakho Player Thread
      Reply #1633: Aug 24, 2016 07:19:20 pm
      As if we're loaning out one of our better defenders because he needs match fitness :lmao: :lmao: Love our club, seriously! :D
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,176 posts | 8550 
      Reply #1634: Aug 24, 2016 07:24:06 pm
      As if we're loaning out one of our better defenders because he needs match fitness :lmao: :lmao: Love our club, seriously! :D

That's the excuse.

Reckon the truth is more like this is the punishment for the whole drugs/being a tw*t in the US fiasco.

Sakho really seems to have pissed off Klopp!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1635: Aug 24, 2016 07:25:16 pm
      That's the excuse.

Reckon the truth is more like this is the punishment for the whole drugs/being a tw*t in the US fiasco.

Fair enough but why cut off your nose to spite your face? This is just plain stupid.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,176 posts | 8550 
      Reply #1636: Aug 24, 2016 07:27:38 pm
      Fair enough but why cut off your nose to spite your face? This is just plain stupid.

I never said it was, just presuming.

Maybe him and Klopp just don't get along.

mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1637: Aug 24, 2016 07:32:43 pm
      What pisses me off the most is he's apparently happy with the defensive options if Sakho leaves. Not sure what group of defenders he's been looking at but it definitely isn't ours.

Lovren - Matip - Klavan - ????

Amazing depth.
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #1638: Aug 24, 2016 07:36:38 pm
      What pisses me off the most is he's apparently happy with the defensive options if Sakho leaves. Not sure what group of defenders he's been looking at but it definitely isn't ours.

Lovren - Matip - Klavan - ????

Amazing depth.

I've heard that ??? can do a job back there though, top player.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #1639: Aug 24, 2016 07:47:16 pm
      Not sure it's true but apparently Sakho is having to train on his own. If true this surely must mean there is more to this than what we have been told previously?
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1640: Aug 24, 2016 08:02:04 pm
      Not sure it's true but apparently Sakho is having to train on his own. If true this surely must mean there is more to this than what we have been told previously?

Probably more nonsense from Mama because Klopp seemed happy enough to leave it there at first.

I don't rate Sakho, I don't think you can build a consistent team with him in the starting XI with some of his weird and wonderful antics on the ball.

Having said that, no point loaning him out and bringing nobody in, that's not helping anyone and would be another odd decision along with the left back situation.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1641: Aug 24, 2016 10:22:17 pm

I don't rate Sakho, I don't think you can build a consistent team with him in the starting XI with some of his weird and wonderful antics on the ball.

Totally Agree.

Word is that Stoke are looking for a loan deal for him.

The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #1642: Aug 24, 2016 10:51:43 pm
      The thing that confuses me most about all of this is why loan him? Why such a half arsed way of dealing with the apparent "situation"? If Klopp doesn't fancy him, or the doping allegations and his behaviors in the US were too much then why wait until now? There's been a whole window to get rid if he doesn't want him, he's shown with Benteke if he doesn't fancy a player then he doesn't mind getting rid, and makes no secret of it.

I just find it quite strange.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #1643: Aug 25, 2016 03:09:34 am
      I think that Sakho at this moment of time is still our best defender.  We have 2 new players and in the coming weeks and months we will find out how they rate against him.  The problem I see is that we desperately need a central defensive partnership and his record with injuries is such that will in all likeliness disrupt the making of this.  Sending him on loan gives the 3 other defenders the freedom to try and manufacture a partnership.  Come January or the summer if a partnership has been formed and Sakho is still this injury Agger-like player its curtains,  me thinks.  It is probably the end of the road if one of the previous scenarios happen.  Sending him on loan gives Klopp another short term option.  And because he is injured and has had a bad record in last season or so it is a smart move.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #1644: Aug 25, 2016 04:33:06 am
      He is a leader. Something we lack in the team. I don't understand Klopp on this case if the rumors are true.
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #1645: Aug 25, 2016 04:34:53 am
      The thing that confuses me most about all of this is why loan him? Why such a half arsed way of dealing with the apparent "situation"? If Klopp doesn't fancy him, or the doping allegations and his behaviors in the US were too much then why wait until now? There's been a whole window to get rid if he doesn't want him, he's shown with Benteke if he doesn't fancy a player then he doesn't mind getting rid, and makes no secret of it.

The whole situation is incredibly strange. Not sure what Mama could've done, but to have gone from one of our steady starting and most important defenders last season to being shuffled out the squad and training on your own in a matter of a few months of mostly offseason seems pretty unprecedented and surely either must've been pretty serious or Klopp has thinner skin than we all think.

It's also interesting to see such a vast spectrum of opinions on Sakho - some people rate him as our best CB and others as our worst. Personally, not sure where I'd put him against the new look Dejan, or Matip and Klavan yet, but still don't think it's the time to be getting rid of CBs.

Perhaps the idea behind a loan would be a clause in there that we could get him back mid-season if absolutely necessary on the cheap?
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #1646: Aug 25, 2016 05:02:56 am
      i can sort of see positives in loaning sakho out. he is not in good form right now, he doesn't even have form because he's injured. we have 3 centre halves ahead of sakho in the pecking order and we all know that is the position on the ground we want the least movement - every manager wants solid reliable centre halves. reliable is not a word i have ever used with sakho. don't think any PSG fan ever used it, don't think a french national team fan would've used it either. don't remember him being a reliable centre half for us in a string of games.. ever. you loan him out and you give lovren and matip every chance to succeed together with solid backup in klavan. our fourth choice will probably be lucas who is no slouch at defending and positioning, he is more reliable than sakho right now that's just fact.

a lot of people have decided to look at sakho glass half full since he got here but if you look glass half empty it doesn't look great.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #1647: Aug 25, 2016 06:07:20 am

I think he may well have been sold if he hadn't been injured. Now he is only just back training again it is a little bit too late to sell, so a loan deal. 

All sounds rather suspicious to me with my tin foil hat on. Even the explanation for his injury didn't really convince me :-

Speaking on Tuesday, Klopp confirmed that Sakho was suffering with an injury that would keep him out for “three or four weeks.”

“Mama is injured. He had a little issue with his Achilles when he was playing—one day on, one off, this kind of thing,” he said.

“When he had his little ‘break’ he used the time to have a little bit of treatment and that now means another three or four weeks before he can train again.

“There was no surgery, he is just not able to train at the moment. He has got some rehab of course.

“We will see how he reacts to that and then when he can play again.”

Sakho's "little break" started in April!

fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1648: Aug 25, 2016 07:36:33 am
      He is a leader. Something we lack in the team. I don't understand Klopp on this case if the rumors are true.

Leaders dont go home during an important premier league game when they don't get picked, and they don't get sent home from pre season training camps for playing the clown either.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #1649: Aug 25, 2016 08:17:38 am
      Leaders dont go home during an important premier league game when they don't get picked, and they don't get sent home from pre season training camps for playing the clown either.

Fair point.

It's pretty clear he isn't in the managers plans for whatever reason.

Leaves us a bit short at CB of he does leave though and a quality on one at that.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #1650: Aug 25, 2016 08:20:10 am
      The F**k am I reading here "leader" "best defender" he is far from all those things and he has never had a run in 3 years time to show any consistency let alone be called those things above.
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #1651: Aug 25, 2016 09:01:48 am

I think that is because of the drug ban and prating about in the US... Agree he is one of the best we have and should be on the bench at the very least - but if he is a bad influence then Klopp will get shot.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #1652: Aug 25, 2016 09:14:13 am
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1653: Aug 25, 2016 09:34:43 am
      Klopp really doesn't seem the kind of man who indulges in petty grudges so something fairly major must have happened, perhaps Sakho really was taking performance enhancing drugs and Klopp found out or perhaps he's been rude/unprofessional to Klopp which also can't be tolerated as if unpunished fucks up team morale/discipline etc.
      One thing is for sure I have a lot more faith in the good nature and character of Klopp than I do in Sakho.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #1654: Aug 25, 2016 09:54:20 am
      I remember (about a year ago in fact) that Chris Bascombe suggested a loan 'deal', to Roma, was in the offing for Mama. I also remember one or two fans nearly pissing their panties, with anger at BR, at the thought of it... because he [Rodgers] had engineered it and therefore Mama was being mistreated.

I will be really glad but anything but surprised if those 'one or two' look  at it differently this time round.  :lmao:
      « Last Edit: Aug 25, 2016 10:26:27 am by bad boy bubby »
      friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #1655: Aug 25, 2016 10:00:43 am
      I find it staggering that we're letting Sakho go out on loan. If Klopp has an issue with him then he should be sold, we're gaining nothing by loaning him out other than leaving ourselves short at the back.

I'm completely torn on Mama, seen him have some amazing games and he's also had some shockers. It's his skills on the deck that let him down, always looks like he's gonna go tumbling. That said though Lucas is not the answer at CB. Either keep him or get him sold and replace him.

Quick Reply