Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

Mamadou Sakho (Liverpool > Crystal Palace)

Read 206109 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,246 posts | 6364 
      Re: Mamadou Sakho Player Thread
      Reply #805: Dec 30, 2014 01:18:25 am
      Best defender we have by a mile, and closest thing to a world class defender we've had for awhile I'd say.

There's a reason he captain's France.

Love watching his awkward playing style. He gets the job done and that's all that matters.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #806: Dec 30, 2014 09:07:44 am
      Needs to cut out the fancy flicks and concentrate as he seems to be prone to the odd brain fart as he gets cocky thinking he is Ronaldino.
      « Last Edit: Dec 30, 2014 04:28:27 pm by HScRed1 »
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,246 posts | 6364 
      Reply #807: Dec 30, 2014 01:57:14 pm
      Needs to cut out the fancy flicks and concentrate as he seems to the odd brain fart pas he gets cocky thinking he is Ronaldino.

I hope he doesn't cut them out. Keeps the other team guessing what he's going to do and he's skillful enough to pull them off.
      DutchLiverpoolFan
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,086 posts | 61 
      Reply #808: Dec 30, 2014 08:47:49 pm
      Most people? I think most people think Sakho is a solid centre back. I think he's going to be immense for us.
      Well, people think he's about to fall over his feet and are afraid if he has the ball, because he looks like Traore...
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #809: Dec 30, 2014 09:56:20 pm
      He made 3 flick passes that went where they were supposed to. Plays one normal pass across goal and they nearly score.

Keep the flick passes!!!
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #810: Dec 30, 2014 10:18:03 pm
      Been out for like 2.5 months and has come in and instantly raised the bar.  Definitely our best defender.   
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #811: Dec 31, 2014 10:42:40 pm
      I'll echo the opinions on here, he is a beast and top class, our other defenders might actually worry him at times.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #812: Jan 11, 2015 05:45:37 pm
      Love this guy. Most imposing centre back we've had since Sami left. Now all we've got to do is find a suitable partner for him that isn't Skrtle.
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #813: Jan 11, 2015 07:24:04 pm
      He is the bast defender we had for some time and he is still young so he will get better with time.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,605 posts | 3914 
      Reply #814: Jan 17, 2015 07:15:20 pm
      Our best centre back without doubt. Thought he was class today. He looks fit, pacey and strong.

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,720 posts | 6707 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #815: Jan 17, 2015 08:59:38 pm
      Love him but I can't understand why he didn't/doesn't man mark players of the size Bendteke at set pieces. Skrtel seemed to mark him all night and Sakho was now where near him. I thought we bought our own beast in to take care of other team's beasts but it never seems to be the case, it's always Skrtel.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #816: Jan 18, 2015 10:17:01 am
      The beast in action against Villa

https://www.youtube.com/v/p6u3lKFS0c8
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #817: Jan 18, 2015 10:47:58 am
      Now all we've got to do is find a suitable partner for him that isn't Skrtle.
      Are you thinking a suitable partner, for Mama, from inside the club or a new signing FMS? Because it would seem there's no one inside the club more "suitable" than Skrtel. Certainly not in Brendan's mind and definitely not Dejan (bless him).

Just a thought here: radical and probably against the grain for the anti-Skrtel battalion but... maybe, just maybe, it's who was playing alongside Martin, [since Daniel was moved on], that was the issue not Martin.  :o

Great to see Mama back and more importantly, the team keeping a couple of clean sheets - even it they were against the two lowest scoring attacks in the league.

Giant oaks from tiny acorns and all that.  8)
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #818: Jan 18, 2015 10:52:58 am
      Saying this for a while now but he's looking like the player we bought from PGS finally. So much potential with this lad, we forget he's still so young too.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,480 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #819: Jan 18, 2015 02:37:51 pm
      Didn't realise he was only 24, he looks a lot older. Played well from the highlights I saw.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #820: Jan 20, 2015 10:14:28 pm
      With a run of games he is beginning to impress. Outside shot at the captaincy??
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #821: Jan 20, 2015 10:21:22 pm
      Great player, very lucky to have him here.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,161 posts | 4902 
      Reply #822: Jan 20, 2015 10:29:55 pm
      Going to be one of the best in Europe.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,605 posts | 3914 
      Reply #823: Jan 20, 2015 11:05:14 pm
      Brings out the best in Skrtel too
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #824: Jan 21, 2015 01:57:38 am
      Brings out the best in Skrtel too

Agree with this, the pair of them were absolutely awesome tonight.

Skrtel has looked much better in the middle of a 3 anyway, but we really have found homes for all 3 of them tonight. Get a decent keeper in behind them and it actually has the makings of a solid defence, something that I thought was beyond us.

Well in Mama, quality performance lad.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #825: Jan 21, 2015 04:22:58 am
      Agree with this, the pair of them were absolutely awesome tonight.

Skrtel has looked much better in the middle of a 3 anyway, but we really have found homes for all 3 of them tonight. Get a decent keeper in behind them and it actually has the makings of a solid defence, something that I thought was beyond us.

Well in Mama, quality performance lad.

Might be alone here but I have faith in Lovren to come in and do a job and that would be a massive injustice to young Can because he has done so well. Skrtel being a last ditch defender definetly benefits from having support either side of him but a back 3 of Lovren Skrtel Sakho with Can and Lucas protecting them would be very difficult to break down.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #826: Jan 21, 2015 11:15:24 am
      Might be alone here but I have faith in Lovren to come in and do a job and that would be a massive injustice to young Can because he has done so well. Skrtel being a last ditch defender definetly benefits from having support either side of him but a back 3 of Lovren Skrtel Sakho with Can and Lucas protecting them would be very difficult to break down.

Agree too mate, but Lovren needs to bide his time now and these 3 playing well ahead of him will hopefully force him to improve his game. Personally I see Can's future in midfield but the fact he can play so well at the back is just a massive bonus.

People seem to question his pace, I think he's fine in a straight line, you could see that when he got the ball and powered away it's just his ability to maintain or increase speed on the turn and I'm sure that's what they'll have him training on. Once he gets that agility/dynamism into his game he'll be a permanent fixture in our midfield.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #827: Jan 21, 2015 11:22:58 am
      Got to say I agree on Can and his pace. He's like all big units, he needs a couple of paces to go through the gears. It was no surprise when Hazard accelerated past him over five yards early on last night, just like it was no surprise that Sterling breezed past Cahill.

What was very encouraging from Can's perspective was that once Hazard had done him for toe once, he made sure he got his body across him afterwards and it didn't happen again. Can is going to be an absolute top player, and no doubt give those who advocate the committee plenty to shout about for years to come.

Quick Reply