Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W10 D9 L12

Mamadou Sakho (Liverpool > Crystal Palace)

Read 205942 times
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Re: Mamadou Sakho Player Thread
      Reply #69: Sep 06, 2013 12:01:44 pm

You gonna take this motherfucking photo or what, motherfucker?!
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #70: Sep 06, 2013 12:40:42 pm
      I doubt it.  If any player deliberately knocked another players teeth out they wouldn't just be banned from football,  they would probably serve a sentence in jail. The aggression towards players shown by fans shouldn't be welcome, that's a bit beyond the line really.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #71: Sep 06, 2013 01:35:50 pm
      Good capture, hopefully he will settle in as quickly as Toure!
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #72: Sep 06, 2013 05:57:41 pm
      Bit more info on Mamadou:

Sakho was born in Paris and has spent his entire career in the French capitol, he joined the PSG Academy in 2002 and progressed into the senior ranks making his first-team debut in the Europa League against AEK Athens in Feb. 2007. He went on to become the youngest captain in their history as he established himself as a mainstay of the back four, he was crowned France's young player of the year in 2011.
      Having won the Coupe de la Ligue in 2008 he added the Coupe de France two years later and played in 27 league games last season during their Ligue one title winning campaign under Carlo Ancelotti.
      The new PSG boss Laurent Blanc favours the centre back partnership of Brazilian duo Alex and Thiago Silva and £27m signing Marqhinhos waiting in the wings, Sakho decided to seek a new challenge with LFC.

I didn't even realise he had played quite as often as that last season. Thanks for sharing the Stuey.

the general
      • Forum John Toshack

• 281 posts |
      Reply #73: Sep 07, 2013 02:45:19 am
      Signing cisshoko and sakho, its like the return of Ged and the French contingent :D but seriously, sakho sounds like he's going  to be a boss player, hope he settles in quick and bosses our defence! If he does, can see him becoming a world class CB.
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #74: Sep 07, 2013 10:34:15 am
      A little bit from the legend Jamie Carragher.

So, can £18m marquee man Sakho put his left foot forward at Liverpool?
      I spent transfer deadline night in the presence of countless Liverpool legends at a dinner to celebrate Bill Shankly’s 100th birthday.
      Brendan Rodgers was in attendance — he presented me with an award — and he was relaxed and in high spirits, for good reason. It was in stark contrast to 12 months ago when the transfer deadline passed with Liverpool failing to sign Clint Dempsey.
      It has been good to see Liverpool replace the old man who pottered away in retirement last May with three central defenders. Kolo Toure has settled well and made a bright start, Tiago Ilori has been brought from Sporting Lisbon for the future and then there is Mamadou Sakho.
      He arrives on Merseyside with a solid reputation and it was interesting to hear that Ian Ayre, Liverpool’s managing director, described him as ‘a marquee signing’ — when you spend £18million on someone, you would expect they will play.

So it will be fascinating to see how Brendan fits Sakho in. He is a left-sided central defender but Liverpool already have a very good one of those in Daniel Agger, who has succeeded me as  vice-captain.
      In my experience, you can play two right-footed central defenders as a partnership — that was the case when Sami Hyypia and I played alongside each other — but I have never seen a team line up with two left-footed central defenders as a partnership.
      I would doubt that Brendan is now going to start playing 3-5-2, even though he used it at fleeting times last season, so where Sakho fits in remains to be seen. One thing that is not in doubt, however, is the start Liverpool have made to the season.
      Nobody will be getting carried away by three consecutive wins but the positive thing is that Liverpool have laid solid foundations — and three clean sheets show they are going to be difficult to beat.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2414217/Jamie-Carragher-Big-crushing-Englands-kids.html
      Paul_LFC
      • Forum John Toshack

• 256 posts | 10 
      Reply #75: Sep 07, 2013 01:20:53 pm
      I doubt it.  If any player deliberately knocked another players teeth out they wouldn't just be banned from football,  they would probably serve a sentence in jail. The aggression towards players shown by fans shouldn't be welcome, that's a bit beyond the line really.

:laugh: :lmao:
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,353 posts | 1024 
      Reply #76: Sep 08, 2013 08:46:43 am
      Actually looking forward to watching this guy start for Liverpool. It will be interesting to see who he picks in defence against Swansea.
      craglad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,009 posts | 25 
      Reply #77: Sep 10, 2013 02:13:46 pm
      Mamadou the hump Mamadou the hump hump.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,795 posts | 2447 
      Reply #78: Sep 10, 2013 02:41:48 pm
      Actually looking forward to watching this guy start for Liverpool. It will be interesting to see who he picks in defence against Swansea.

Barring any injuries in the mid week internationals i'd expect he'll start Agger and Skrtel at CB with Sakho and Kelly/Ilori on the bench.
      luckofirish8
      • Forum Ron Yeats

• 454 posts | 20 
      Reply #79: Sep 10, 2013 07:56:26 pm
      I can't see this guy being on the bench for to long.  You don't spend that much money on a dude with one year left on his deal and let him ride the pine. 
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,353 posts | 1024 
      Reply #80: Sep 10, 2013 08:17:12 pm
      I can't see this guy being on the bench for to long.  You don't spend that much money on a dude with one year left on his deal and let him ride the pine.
      Yeah I'm sure he'll be a regular, don't understand why people think he is going to be a fringe player.
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,715 posts | 162 
      Reply #81: Sep 16, 2013 10:03:30 pm
      Not the best of starts. Looked very nervous. Made a few good challenges.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #82: Sep 16, 2013 10:10:46 pm
      Not the best of starts. Looked very nervous. Made a few good challenges.

Have to disagree. I thought he played very well on the whole and certainly didn't look nervous, he looked for the ball at every opportunity and made Swansea players look like mugs several times.

My only concern was that he was quick to slide in on occasions when he may have been better staying on his feet.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,285 posts | 2805 
      Reply #83: Sep 16, 2013 10:14:48 pm
      Interesting debut.

Definitely a bit rash with his tackling in the first half but seemed an absolute monster in the air. We've been crying out for someone to dominate aerially and I think we've got our answer here.

He's got great feet as well, some classy flicks from the lad :D
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,104 posts | 2761 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #84: Sep 16, 2013 10:28:00 pm
      Thought he was very solid and should go on to be a beast here
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,144 posts | 4897 
      Reply #85: Sep 16, 2013 10:37:37 pm
      Good debut and loved how he always looked to in the ball especially in the air.

Needs to cut out the lunges though.

Anyone else catch the cheeky back heel pass that pissed Michu right off?
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,104 posts | 2761 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #86: Sep 16, 2013 10:40:06 pm

Yeah wha was michu crying over. Pr*ck centre halves not allowed make a show of strikers or something?
      KobeWorst
      • Forum Ron Yeats

• 458 posts | 12 
      Reply #87: Sep 16, 2013 10:41:39 pm

People are saying he looked nervous but that had Big Balls written all over it  :)
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #88: Sep 16, 2013 10:42:47 pm
      Terrible positioning for their second goal. He went for a right walk!

Otherwise looked encouraging. Couple of great tackles and touches.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #89: Sep 16, 2013 10:43:33 pm
      Apart from the odd lunge which will land him in trouble with some refs, I thought he was very good tonight.  Considering he's not played all season and only had a week training with the lads and is new to the league, he's going to be some player.
      Fowler#23
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 872 posts | 37 
      Reply #90: Sep 16, 2013 10:45:08 pm
      Very good in the air, but his decision making was off at times on his debut. Too often he went charging in when it would have been wiser to jockey/press. Anyone who saw the chat with Carra & Neville regarding David Luiz's performance on Saturday before tonight's game, will no doubt have draw massive comparisons to Sakho/Luiz's decision making.

I believe he'll become a massive player for us but I will be interested to see how him and Agger play together what with them both being left footers. As I see this being our strongest central defensive partnership looking forward.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,144 posts | 4897 
      Reply #91: Sep 16, 2013 10:45:51 pm
      People are saying he looked nervous but that had Big Balls written all over it  :)

It was fantastic.

The fact it pissed Michu off so much just iced the cake.

He was furious.

Quick Reply