Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Mamadou Sakho (Liverpool > Crystal Palace)

Read 206263 times
      insideanfield
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 472 posts | 22 
      Re: Mamadou Sakho Player Thread
      Reply #897: Mar 23, 2015 05:35:24 pm

@ 1.10 (that was unbelievable tekkers)

Also absolutely love the way where he simply backs away from a high ball so he can chest it down and play the ball rather than just heading it away as 99% of defenders would. Absolute beast of a defender and I knew he would come good with a run of games (last season was a bit too stop-start which hampered his game).

Like I've said previously, a top centre-back in the form of Raphael Varane or Fabian Schar and we could have a sublime central partnership for the next 8-10 seasons.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #898: Mar 23, 2015 05:49:19 pm
      Love our big Mama, he was fantastic yesterday.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,416 posts | 3409 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #899: Mar 23, 2015 09:33:16 pm
      Well done to Luke Edwards of the daily telegraph for giving him 5 out of 10, no wonder   newcastle banned him, bellend
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #900: Mar 23, 2015 09:49:07 pm
      Well done to Luke Edwards of the daily telegraph for giving him 5 out of 10, no wonder   newcastle banned him, bellend

Sakho is a great barometer in finding out if someone knows much about football.

If they come out with the tired he can't pass, he crumbles when pressed they are just reiterating the garbage they have probably heard from a ex footballer pundit like Michael Owen, Danny Murphy etc who in fact can't spell their own names never mind rub a GCSE together.

However if you recognise his talents you probably know your stuff, works for me with the posters on here   ;D
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #901: Mar 24, 2015 01:03:09 pm
      stick him in the middle to controll the back 3
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,612 posts | 2159 
      Reply #902: Mar 24, 2015 01:29:04 pm
      This makes for a good read on Sakho and the label of 'clumsy in possession' that he often gets thrown in his direction

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2015/02/mamadou-sakho-dispelling-myth-liverpool-centre-back-clumsy-pt-2/

ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #903: Mar 24, 2015 03:19:26 pm
      he only looks clumsy because he's such a beast and has massive legs that sometimes there to heavy to look nibble on the ball. he pulled of some class bits of skill during the UTD game even if at some stages Brendands heart must have been in his mouth. i like him he passes forward more looks like he's not scared on the ball and wiil eventually become a great leader of our defence once Skrtel moves eventually.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #904: Apr 04, 2015 03:57:02 pm
      One thing I’ve noticed about Sakho is that while he does win loads of aerial duels, he never seems to head the ball very well. The always seem so weak and lofty, and often times end up in a dangerous spot. Like, great at getting into position to head it, not so great at actually heading it.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #905: Apr 06, 2015 12:07:59 am
      Just give him the captains armband

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSrtYGgR-o8#ws
      « Last Edit: Apr 06, 2015 10:13:01 am by JD »
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,185 posts | 832 
      Reply #906: Apr 06, 2015 10:07:51 am
      One thing I’ve noticed about Sakho is that while he does win loads of aerial duels, he never seems to head the ball very well. The always seem so weak and lofty, and often times end up in a dangerous spot. Like, great at getting into position to head it, not so great at actually heading it.

I've always had my reservation about his aerial ability, he is not good at it, but he is good at everything else, especially when it comes to actually playing football. Plus his composure is improving loads.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,972 posts | 3057 
      Reply #907: Apr 06, 2015 10:27:35 am
      He'll always be one of those players that divides opinion. He does make some bizarre decisions and errors.......but mostly comes out smelling of roses.

Winning me round.....but stats are only ever part of the story. It's what I see with my eyes that I judge on.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #908: Apr 06, 2015 05:42:00 pm
      He's a good lad is Sakho, love the effort he has put in on and off the pitch this season.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #909: Apr 06, 2015 05:45:44 pm
      He's a good lad is Sakho, love the effort he has put in on and off the pitch this season.

Seems that leaders are few and far between within the camp at the moment so he's become even more valuable.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #910: Apr 07, 2015 05:48:23 am
      It's mysterious to me what people above see in the lad and the reason for the love in. Not talking about his off field activities or leaderships and the like I am talking about purely his playing ability or lack off. In that clip posted by HSC red 1 6 seconds off the video is enough for me and sets the precedent for the rest of his performance. Struggles to control a simple ten yard pass puts himself under pressure then releases an undercooked pass to his two central midfielders who turn it over to Arsenal.

Twice I've put my self through the ordeal of watching the Arse game and at second time of watching did nothing to convince me of this lad. Makes a good deal of last ditch tackles even though 90% of the time his preceding actions leave us in a desperate situation requiring him to do so. Decision making on the ball is as dubious as that off it he's 35 yard volley at Mignolets thigh with the score at 3-1 is something special for all the wrong reasons. Unconvincing in the air for a big lad he leaps and the ball bounces off his head without any direction or purpose most of the time, at the other side of the field can't remember the last time he got on the end of one of our corners.

Overall a poor and awkward defender who I don't understand why gets the plaudits from our fans only,laughing stock amongst many other supporter groups.

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #911: Apr 07, 2015 09:29:12 am
      It's mysterious to me what people above see in the lad and the reason for the love in. Not talking about his off field activities or leaderships and the like I am talking about purely his playing ability or lack off. In that clip posted by HSC red 1 6 seconds off the video is enough for me and sets the precedent for the rest of his performance. Struggles to control a simple ten yard pass puts himself under pressure then releases an undercooked pass to his two central midfielders who turn it over to Arsenal.

Twice I've put my self through the ordeal of watching the Arse game and at second time of watching did nothing to convince me of this lad. Makes a good deal of last ditch tackles even though 90% of the time his preceding actions leave us in a desperate situation requiring him to do so. Decision making on the ball is as dubious as that off it he's 35 yard volley at Mignolets thigh with the score at 3-1 is something special for all the wrong reasons. Unconvincing in the air for a big lad he leaps and the ball bounces off his head without any direction or purpose most of the time, at the other side of the field can't remember the last time he got on the end of one of our corners.

Overall a poor and awkward defender who I don't understand why gets the plaudits from our fans only,laughing stock amongst many other supporter groups.

Mate I can't believe you watched that matched twice.

What the F**k is wrong with you?  ;)
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #912: Apr 07, 2015 11:44:10 am

One mis controlled pass and you have made up your mind? Not many defenders would be up to your high standards then.
      The fact that he has been playing with Moreno who has offered him zero cover should be enough to convince most of his ability.

Such poor decision making that he has one if the best pass rates in the league!

Maybe the French national coach is an idiot for making him their first choice CB.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #913: Apr 07, 2015 11:46:23 am
      I just do not get that he is still getting criticism.

Real baffles me and makes me think if I'm watching a different player at times.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #914: Apr 07, 2015 12:14:45 pm
      I just do not get that he is still getting criticism.

Real baffles me and makes me think if I'm watching a different player at times.

It's just a matter of bias. People get their favorites and their villians and it won't matter what happens to change their minds.

I suppose I'm that way with a few players Si.

Tend to favor Lallana even though many don't. Use to favor little Joe Allen as well although I've cooled off on him a bit.

I think some people just don't like Mama for some reason so they use the tired argument that he can't pass or control  the ball when in reality he's one of our best ball players. 
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #915: Apr 08, 2015 12:53:12 am
      One mis controlled pass and you have made up your mind? Not many defenders would be up to your high standards then.
      The fact that he has been playing with Moreno who has offered him zero cover should be enough to convince most of his ability.

Such poor decision making that he has one if the best pass rates in the league!

Maybe the French national coach is an idiot for making him their first choice CB.

I did not base my judgement on him from a 6 second clip or one miscontrolled pass,had you read my post properly you would have picked up on my statement that I watched that particular game twice. My judgement is based on watching him for nearly two full seasons now and I stand behind my initial observations and post.

Check both the Lovren and Moreno player threads where as early as November last year I flagged that Moreno offers no cover to his center back and they are constantly dragged out wide to make up for his lack of positioning or awareness. Therefore your observation on Moreno is not new to me what is though is the premise that Sakho is given some slack for having to do the covering where Lovren is not.

That pass rate is flawed beyong belief looking at the opta stats from the Arsenal game he's passing percentage is 95% based on 65 passes 3% of those are "long passes" what is that in numbers? Is it 1 pass or 2 out of 65? The bulk of these passes would have been from the edge of our box to the feet of Mignolet point being passing accuracy does not translate to great decision making especially when the range is so limited.

As for his national status could be a personal thing for Deschamps but I would always have Varane and Koscielny in my team ahead of him.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #916: Apr 08, 2015 01:29:39 am
      In my feeble opinion, Sakho is miles and miles ahead of Lovren. He's more skilled, a smarter player and a more direct player. He's also got much more confidence in himself. If it were up to me Sakho and Skrtel would be the automatic pairing at CB.

If your eyes decieve you then go and check out the stats...Sakho is a very good defender and very good with the ball at his feet.

Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #917: Apr 08, 2015 02:32:54 am
      My eyes don't deceive they see differently from others.

I  see a player who played a key role in gifting  2 out of 4 goals on Saturday go without any criticism and lauded as a shining light of our current situation. A bit difficult to compare Sakho and Lovren on individual performances as during the majority of Lovren's games we played with 4 at the back. Sakho being introduced back in to the side has been the 3 at the back which effectively becomes a 5 in defence. Also reminding that with the 4 at the back we had Moreno starting as a left back.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #918: Apr 08, 2015 10:24:12 am
      I did not base my judgement on him from a 6 second clip or one miscontrolled pass,had you read my post properly you would have picked up on my statement that I watched that particular game twice. My judgement is based on watching him for nearly two full seasons now and I stand behind my initial observations and post.

Check both the Lovren and Moreno player threads where as early as November last year I flagged that Moreno offers no cover to his center back and they are constantly dragged out wide to make up for his lack of positioning or awareness. Therefore your observation on Moreno is not new to me what is though is the premise that Sakho is given some slack for having to do the covering where Lovren is not.

That pass rate is flawed beyong belief looking at the opta stats from the Arsenal game he's passing percentage is 95% based on 65 passes 3% of those are "long passes" what is that in numbers? Is it 1 pass or 2 out of 65? The bulk of these passes would have been from the edge of our box to the feet of Mignolet point being passing accuracy does not translate to great decision making especially when the range is so limited.

As for his national status could be a personal thing for Deschamps but I would always have Varane and Koscielny in my team ahead of him.

Haha you claim to have watched the match twice yet still think most of his passes went to Migs! You sir have been sussed........you have not seen the Arsenal match and I very much doubt you have seen many other LFC games.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #919: Apr 08, 2015 11:46:50 am

I have no stats to hand Dads but I very rarely see Sakho pass the ball back to Migs and he always appears to be our most progressive CB in terms of looking to pass forward and also passes that are meaningful in an attacking sense.
      « Last Edit: Apr 08, 2015 02:58:19 pm by srslfc »

Quick Reply