Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

Mamadou Sakho (Liverpool > Crystal Palace)

Read 206129 times
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Re: Mamadou Sakho Player Thread
      Reply #920: Apr 08, 2015 12:49:44 pm
      Haha you claim to have watched the match twice yet still think most of his passes went to Migs! You sir have been sussed........you have not seen the Arsenal match and I very much doubt you have seen many other LFC games.

F**k off lid I suggest you pay closer attention next time you watch a game and question how many games I watch.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,257 posts | 6365 
      Reply #921: Apr 08, 2015 01:55:04 pm
      Haha you claim to have watched the match twice yet still think most of his passes went to Migs! You sir have been sussed........you have not seen the Arsenal match and I very much doubt you have seen many other LFC games.

He sent 3 or 4 back to Migs, but to say most is just flat out untruthful.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #922: Apr 08, 2015 02:04:52 pm

F**k off lid I suggest you pay closer attention next time you watch a game and question how many games I watch.

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/statszone/8-2014/matches/755603/summary#tabs-wrapper-anchor
      http://www.fourfourtwo.com/statszone/8-2014/matches/755603/player-stats/40784/OVERALL_02#tabs-wrapper-anchor

Sakho main passing combinations:

Sakho to Allen - 10 passes
      Sakho to Touré - 9
      Sakho to Lucas - 9
      Sakho to Moreno - 9

Don't have the specific numbers of passes to Mignolet but it is certain that Mignolet was at most his 5th most frequent passing target
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #923: Apr 08, 2015 04:13:44 pm
      sakho is a beast
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,174 posts | 4402 
      Reply #924: Apr 08, 2015 11:32:15 pm
      I suppose we needed some one  to take over from Agger  ???
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #925: Apr 08, 2015 11:35:42 pm
      I suppose we needed some one  to take over from Agger  ???

Was thinking the same when he got injured yet again. Slightly worried he could be injury prone :(
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #926: Apr 09, 2015 04:52:58 am
      http://www.fourfourtwo.com/statszone/8-2014/matches/755603/summary#tabs-wrapper-anchor
      http://www.fourfourtwo.com/statszone/8-2014/matches/755603/player-stats/40784/OVERALL_02#tabs-wrapper-anchor

Sakho main passing combinations:

Sakho to Allen - 10 passes
      Sakho to Touré - 9
      Sakho to Lucas - 9
      Sakho to Moreno - 9

Don't have the specific numbers of passes to Mignolet but it is certain that Mignolet was at most his 5th most frequent passing target

Thanks tips.

When I said "Most" I did not specifically imply or refer to a number it was a word used as a figure of speech, not something derived out of me physically counting each of his passes.

Those numbers further enforce my comment about his limited range of passing given the proximity and positioning of those players.

Anywhow two highlighted deficiencies in his game before he was injured tonight a 5th minute miscued and timed header that would have put Rhodes one on one would it not have been for Lovren air swinging it away.

Second one 12th minute brain fart where again poor decision making sees him dwaddle over the ball nearly allowing Rhodes to tap in past Migs only then to put in a brilliant last ditch tackle.

Anyhow no point discussing one player and souring an important victory but again what I saw against Blackburn in my mind only reinforced what I said earlir.

ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #927: Apr 09, 2015 12:57:42 pm
      Any news on the injury yet hope he's not out for long we could do with him now until the end of the season.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,174 posts | 4402 
      Reply #928: Apr 09, 2015 04:54:04 pm
      Liverpool FC News @LivEchoLFC  ·  3m 3 minutes ago
      Mamadou Sakho set to miss Wembley semi-final with hamstring injury #LFC
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #929: Apr 09, 2015 04:54:37 pm
      FFS
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #930: Apr 09, 2015 05:04:37 pm
      Looks like we're going to have to get used to seeing the future captain marshalling the back line again. Works for me, but Sakho'll be a loss alright. Long as he's fir for the final should we get past Villa, that's the main thing.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,257 posts | 6365 
      Reply #931: Apr 09, 2015 05:14:30 pm

Those numbers further enforce my comment about his limited range of passing given the proximity and positioning of those players.

Limited range eh?

Sahko’s average passing length of 20 metres is only ‘bettered’ by Torino’s Moretti and Kamil Glik, a surprisingly adept partnership, suggesting that Sakho is comfortable making passes both long and short.

Taken from http://www.thisisanfield.com/2014/05/dispelling-myth-mamadou-sakho-clumsy-possession/

You may want to take a gander at that article.

Sorry if you don't like me saying this but you seem to have some sort of vendetta or preconceived dislike towards him because you are surely ignoring most stats that state that he's a very good CB, contrary to your "eye test" assertions.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,171 posts | 829 
      Reply #932: Apr 09, 2015 09:59:31 pm
      Thanks tips.

When I said "Most" I did not specifically imply or refer to a number it was a word used as a figure of speech, not something derived out of me physically counting each of his passes.

Anywhow two highlighted deficiencies in his game before he was injured tonight a 5th minute miscued and timed header that would have put Rhodes one on one would it not have been for Lovren air swinging it away.

Second one 12th minute brain fart where again poor decision making sees him dwaddle over the ball nearly allowing Rhodes to tap in past Migs only then to put in a brilliant last ditch tackle.

Anyhow no point discussing one player and souring an important victory but again what I saw against Blackburn in my mind only reinforced what I said earlir.

Limited range of passing? Every time I see him on the ball he picks the right pass, which is a man in space. Granted he is no Hyypia, but his positional sense so far has been good and his decision making is improving. His problem that for a big guy he isn't that great in the air, but he is a very good footballer.
      Barnes10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,631 posts | 88 
      Reply #933: Apr 09, 2015 10:03:42 pm
      Disappointed he's injured. He seems to miss a fair few games each season and it's a pity because he gives our defence the power we sometimes lack.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #934: Apr 09, 2015 10:04:42 pm
      Out for a minimum two weeks:

Liverpool's Mamadou Sakho to miss Wembley semi-final after hamstring blow
      French star Sakho faces at least a fortnight out

Mamadou Sakho is set to miss Liverpool’s FA Cup semi-final showdown with Aston Villa at Wembley with a hamstring injury.

The France international limped out of Wednesday night’s narrow victory over Blackburn Rovers after pulling up clutching the back of his right leg.

A scan will determine the full extent of the damage but the club’s medical staff fear he will be sidelined for a minimum of two weeks.

That would rule the £15 million centre-back out of Monday night’s Premier League clash with Newcastle United at Anfield and the crunch cup tie with Villa in the capital. Sakho could also struggle to prove his fitness for the following league games against West Brom and Hull City.

Losing Sakho is a blow for boss Brendan Rodgers, who has also seen fellow centre-backs Martin Skrtel and Emre Can sidelined by suspension.

Skrtel will be available for Wembley as he completes his three-match ban when Newcastle visit Anfield. Can will be back to face the Magpies after missing the trip to Ewood Park.

In the absence of both Skrtel and Can, Rodgers ditched his three-man defence and reverted to a flat back four against Blackburn. After Sakho went off, Kolo Toure partnered Dejan Lovren and the duo performed expertly to keep the hosts out.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/liverpools-mamadou-sakho-miss-wembley-9010839
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #935: Apr 09, 2015 10:18:49 pm
      Thanks tips.

Whatever tips mean, I was just providing some information for the debate that was going on.

When I did that, I also found some stats which actually seem to favour your point of view, as shown in the Squawka comparison: http://www.squawka.com/comparison-matrix#premier_league/2014/2015/mamadou_sakho/126/126/1294/0/p|premier_league/2014/2015/dejan_lovren/126/126/1156/36/p|premier_league/2014/2015/martin_skrtel/126/126/519/0/p#pass_completion/total_backward_passes/total_forward_passes/total_passes#90 (hopefully the link will work)

Anyway, the stats from the current EPL season shows that Lovren has made more passes in general (60.77 per 90 mins) than Sakho (57.02) and Skrtel (50.52), while also making more forward passes (47.42) than both of them (40.63 and 39.93 for Sakho and Skrtel, respectively), although in percentage terms Skrtel (79%) passes the ball forward slightly more than Lovren (78%). Sakho has the lowest percentage with 71% forward passes.

That said, Lovren has the lowest pass completion (86%) of the three, with the other two around the 90% mark. As for the average pass length, Lovren comes on top again with 21.11m, against Sakho's 19.40m and Skrtel's 19.37m.

Those things are far from being proof of anything and the differences are often marginal. I know who I prefer so far but that's the info I got for what it's worth.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,169 posts | 4904 
      Reply #936: Apr 09, 2015 10:32:59 pm

I honestly don't know how you can watch Sakho and call his passing limited Dads.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #937: Apr 10, 2015 08:08:24 am
      I might be missing something but Sakho's passing range is class for a CB he's pulled off some 50yarder worldies in a few games with a bit of skill also thrown in there for good measure. what do people want from a CB to start dribbling up the pitch!
      He always seems to be looking to go forward from what i see, and yes he does pass it to the closest man but is that not what he should be doing rather than being fancy, when he does pull off some skill or does a long range pass people panic and say play it simple..(just like the great Carra did for many years) he's our best CB IMO and i think will go on to boss that defence next season i hope we just need to sort out what formation we are sticking with and if Lovren has a future either has his partner or not.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #938: Apr 10, 2015 12:57:42 pm
      Limited range of passing? Every time I see him on the ball he picks the right pass, which is a man in space. Granted he is no Hyypia, but his positional sense so far has been good and his decision making is improving. His problem that for a big guy he isn't that great in the air, but he is a very good footballer.

Limited in the sense his passing so to the nearest player to him.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #939: Apr 10, 2015 12:59:26 pm
      I honestly don't know how you can watch Sakho and call his passing limited Dads.
      Mate limited in the sense they are to the nearest player to him.

Not his ability to execute a range of passes if you know what I mean.
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #940: Apr 10, 2015 01:03:29 pm
      There's plenty of debate we could have over Sakho and the weakest part of his game, but for all his fancy flicks and sometimes unwieldy style, it's clear his passing range is not where that debate lies. I'd be hugely surprised if anyone didn't think his ability to get a clean head on the ball needed improving, over his passing.

For the record I love the guy, think he's a top bloke and if only he could improve his judgement of the flight of long balls he'd be a significantly improved defender. As it is a lot of his headed 'clearances' don't go to a red shirt or even very far.

The other 'weak' point in his game, although this is less easy to spot watching the games on TV, is his communication which sometimes seems a little off with his fellow defenders and Migs. Perhaps it's still the language barrier?
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #941: Apr 10, 2015 01:05:36 pm
      Limited range eh?

Taken from http://www.thisisanfield.com/2014/05/dispelling-myth-mamadou-sakho-clumsy-possession/

You may want to take a gander at that article.

Sorry if you don't like me saying this but you seem to have some sort of vendetta or preconceived dislike towards him because you are surely ignoring most stats that state that he's a very good CB, contrary to your "eye test" assertions.

No vendetta or preconceived dislike just don't see the center back who we forked out 2million less than on Lovren. Not in the same light as you and others obviously but I have never indicated that he won't be world class one day just not there yet for me.
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #942: Apr 10, 2015 01:39:56 pm
      There's plenty of debate we could have over Sakho and the weakest part of his game, but for all his fancy flicks and sometimes unwieldy style, it's clear his passing range is not where that debate lies. I'd be hugely surprised if anyone didn't think his ability to get a clean head on the ball needed improving, over his passing.

For the record I love the guy, think he's a top bloke and if only he could improve his judgement of the flight of long balls he'd be a significantly improved defender. As it is a lot of his headed 'clearances' don't go to a red shirt or even very far.

The other 'weak' point in his game, although this is less easy to spot watching the games on TV, is his communication which sometimes seems a little off with his fellow defenders and Migs. Perhaps it's still the language barrier?

I don't get quite so nervous now when he is in possession. I love the guy too and I think he will only improve with time and more games.

Quick Reply