Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W10 D9 L12

Mamadou Sakho (Liverpool > Crystal Palace)

Read 205939 times
      friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Re: Mamadou Sakho Player Thread
      Reply #1748: Sep 07, 2016 05:00:32 pm
      Hmm, so you're glad he disrespected the wishes of his manager, I'm not sure I am.

If your boss wished you would f*ck off and go work somewhere much worse would you do it? Or stay and prove him wrong?

I don't care if Bill Shankly told me...no way i'd be moving to West Brom!
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1749: Sep 28, 2016 01:41:53 pm
      I only think we'll see him if others get injured mate.

Agreed.   
      Better got shot of .

Mamadou Sakho’s future at Liverpool looks done and dusted, in fairness.

On Friday night, before the Hull game, the Frenchman took to Snapchat with a thinly veiled attack on Jürgen Klopp for the ‘lies’ which have been said. Sakho claimed he’d been fully fit for three weeks, but wasn’t even allowed to turn out for the Under-23s.

According to Dave Maddock in the Mirror, Liverpool have decided against fining Sakho, but more because he’s becoming increasingly irrelevant to future plans…

The report claims that the only way Sakho will now play for Liverpool this term is if there is an enormous injury crisis. This much has been relayed to the defender by the manager personally.

For Sakho to feature this campaign then, Joel Matip, Dejan Lovren, Ragnar Klavan, Lucas, Joe Gomez and even Kevin Stewart will need to be unavailable. Without European football, this many absences seems pretty much impossible.

Sakho is very well paid and is on a long-term contract, but it’s probably best for the player to look for pastures new come January.

We sadly can’t see a happy ending to this tale and the player can largely blame himself.

Good .

http://www.empireofthekop.com/2016/09/27/lfc-decide-against-fining-sakho-but-make-it-practically-impossible-for-him-to-play-again/
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Reply #1750: Sep 28, 2016 06:03:19 pm
      https://twitter.com/MailSport/status/781170010354057216?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Named in the U23's squad. I'll be watching the game, curious as to wether he will get a start or not.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #1751: Sep 29, 2016 05:02:25 pm
      Looks as though the whole Sakho affair has been put to bed by Klopp...

https://twitter.com/viktorfagerlfc/status/781502074399916032

https://twitter.com/viktorfagerlfc/status/781502739536805888

https://twitter.com/viktorfagerlfc/status/781503480095735811

Does this mean he is now back in the managers plans?..
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8520 
      Reply #1752: Sep 29, 2016 05:15:15 pm

Proof will be if he gets a game etc against the likes of Spurs in the league cup, if he doesn't probably more than likely will be sold on in Jan.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1753: Oct 24, 2016 05:44:37 pm
      Proof will be if he gets a game etc against the likes of Spurs in the league cup, if he doesn't probably more than likely will be sold on in Jan.

That game is tomorrow.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #1754: Oct 24, 2016 06:04:23 pm

Sorry to disappoint you buddy because we know you are a huge Sakho fan   ;) but he played in the U23's the other day so I doubt he will be in the squad.

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1755: Oct 24, 2016 08:15:15 pm
      Personally hope he isn't involved, I think we have been better off without him. Lovren and Matip are building a good pairing at the moment and Klavan has been decent cover.

Not missed him at all.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #1756: Oct 25, 2016 01:53:33 pm
      I'd rather give a chance to Gomez (if he is fit) than Sakho. He is another player who should be off in the winter, alongside Sturridge and Moreno ... Ings and Lucas deserve a chance, and are needed for squad depth.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1757: Oct 26, 2016 09:55:46 am
      Sorry to disappoint you buddy because we know you are a huge Sakho fan   ;) but he played in the U23's the other day so I doubt he will be in the squad.

No. Nor was he a sub. 
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1758: Oct 26, 2016 09:57:48 am
      I'd rather give a chance to Gomez (if he is fit) than Sakho. He is another player who should be off in the winter, alongside Sturridge and Moreno ...

Fully Agree George.

Ings and Lucas dont need second chances .... they are both part of the squad.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #1759: Oct 26, 2016 11:30:43 am
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,144 posts | 4897 
      Reply #1760: Oct 26, 2016 01:51:02 pm
      I really like Sakho as a player but great to see we've got a manager again with that ruthless streak.

I was convinced in the summer Mama wouldn't play another game for us and even more convinced now.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #1761: Oct 26, 2016 11:24:18 pm
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1762: Oct 26, 2016 11:48:46 pm
      At least we wont have to let him go for free in order for a move to happen like Balotelli.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #1763: Nov 09, 2016 11:59:51 am
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #1764: Dec 02, 2016 10:36:54 pm
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1765: Dec 02, 2016 10:43:15 pm
      It made me laugh last month when I was reading stories about how he will force a move away from the club because he's unhappy about the way he has been treated. Klopp told him to go in the summer but he refused. He won't have to force a move, I bet Klopp will be happy to drive him away himself. I really like him as a player but you can't disrespect the team and boss like he did and expect everything to be rosy.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #1766: Dec 02, 2016 10:47:31 pm
      It made me laugh last month when I was reading stories about how he will force a move away from the club because he's unhappy about the way he has been treated. Klopp told him to go in the summer but he refused. He won't have to force a move, I bet Klopp will be happy to drive him away himself. I really like him as a player but you can't disrespect the team and boss like he did and expect everything to be rosy.

Same here mate I really like him as a player but he screwed up big time then compounded the issue with the late night instagrams.

Will be interesting to see how desperate the club are to get rid ie what if they don't get a offer close to the £17M we paid for him.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #1767: Dec 02, 2016 10:56:20 pm
      There's also the risk of him not wanting to part with his 90k a week deal so he could sit it out in the ressies.

Not saying he will but it has been done before.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #1768: Dec 03, 2016 08:25:24 am
      Will be interesting to see how desperate the club are to get rid ie what if they don't get a offer close to the £17M we paid for him

I think it has to be said that Klopp has possibly knocked a couple of million off what we get by showing his hand with what he said and by also having a £90k a week player (is that what's he's on?) totally banished from the first team squad.

I'm not slating that as it shows he cares for nothing besides what he wants to do with the team but other clubs are going to know we're desperate to get rid.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1769: Dec 03, 2016 08:57:34 am
      I think it has to be said that Klopp has possibly knocked a couple of million off what we get by showing his hand with what he said and by also having a £90k a week player (is that what's he's on?) totally banished from the first team squad.

I'm not slating that as it shows he cares for nothing besides what he wants to do with the team but other clubs are going to know we're desperate to get rid.

I genuinely don't think Klopp cares about what has been knocked off his potential price tag :D. He's under contract until 2020, we should still get a very good fee for him. In an ideal world we'll get more than we paid for him considering the prices being paid in today's market for even half decent defenders. James Chester cost Villa 10m in the summer, Mustafi cost 35m, Luiz 50m etc. The only time we will get offered a pathetic deal is if the Italian clubs come in for him.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #1770: Dec 03, 2016 11:42:29 am

I don't think it's important in the grand scheme of things mate, it's not like we're skint.

What it does show is that anyone coming here to play won't get an easy ride into the first team, nor an easy ride to stay there.  Everybody has to be 100% committed, 100% focused and put in 100% every time they train and play or they have no future here.

It's F***ing great that we show no mercy to passengers or mercenarys who come here for an easy payday and the fact he's playing at the Academy every week is a fantastic example to the kids who may think likewise.

He's fu**ed up at 2 huge clubs now, on more than one occasion at both, he's his own worst enemy and after January he'll be somebody elses problem.

Jürgen must be absolutely pissed at him as I still believe that his ideal pairing for this season and beyond was Matip and Sakho.  Not that Matip and Lovren haven't been good but if that was the plan and he abandoned it in preseason, shows how unnacceptable he thought the situation was.

Quick Reply