Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

Victor Moses (Chelsea/Stoke)

Read 55860 times
      yacster
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 524 posts |
      Re: Victor Moses Player Thread
      Reply #115: Jan 01, 2014 08:31:01 am
      Moses is way more capable than the performance we saw against Hull away. To be fair everyone played badly that day. We need a good January from him as our squad gets stretched
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,174 posts | 4402 
      Reply #116: Jan 01, 2014 11:24:17 am
      Moses is way more capable than the performance we saw against Hull away. To be fair everyone played badly that day. We need a good January from him as our squad gets stretched

To be fair it has not just been his Hull performance.
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #117: Jan 01, 2014 12:16:10 pm
      Can see him playing today - at least for 15 mins. He has a last chance, BR seems to like him - but the fans will be on his back today I think.

If its another woeful performance we should send him back - it would be harsh for him and wont look good - but thats not LFC's problem! Totally over rated and seems to beleive his own hype and this is reflected in his attitude on the pitch and off...
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,726 posts | 880 
      Reply #118: Jan 01, 2014 01:28:28 pm
      Can see him playing today - at least for 15 mins. He has a last chance, BR seems to like him - but the fans will be on his back today I think.

If its another woeful performance we should send him back - it would be harsh for him and wont look good - but thats not LFC's problem! Totally over rated and seems to beleive his own hype and this is reflected in his attitude on the pitch and off...

Okay, can someone begin to back up all these ridiculous accusations.

So far, it is only the Hull game where he is said to have played badly. I didn't get to see that game, so I cannot comment.

When else has he played badly? He scored a great goal on his debut.

And go on, how has his attitude been negative or bad off the pitch??

You said it yourself. BR rates him. It's funny that on the one hand people say "xxxxxx obviously plays poorly in training, because he doesn't get games. BR doesn't rate him" but with Moses, despite BR clearly happy with him, we ignore the argument that that demonstrates that he is doing good in training.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #119: Jan 01, 2014 02:16:13 pm
      Okay, can someone begin to back up all these accusations.

His best game was his début but the opposition was Holloway's Palace, to put it in perspective.  Of the starting XI against Newcastle, he was by far our poorest player and his cameos against Fulham, Arsenal & Everton were all inadequate.  He then proceeded to be one of the worst players in our worst performance of the season, against Hull and then failed to impress in his next three cameos against West Ham, Spurs and Man City.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,172 posts | 4907 
      Reply #120: Jan 01, 2014 02:25:01 pm
      His best game was his début but the opposition was Holloway's Palace, to put it in perspective.  Of the starting XI against Newcastle, he was by far our poorest player and his cameos against Fulham, Arsenal & Everton were all inadequate.  He then proceeded to be one of the worst players in our worst performance of the season, against Hull and then failed to impress in his next three cameos against West Ham, Spurs and Man City.

Sums it up Rodders.

He's been poor, and that's beng kind but Danmann would prefer to see a loan player who's form hasn't been good enough in the side as opposed to one of our own young players who's playing well.

That's if you believe he really thinks this and isn't just looking to get an argument started.
      DanMann

• 5,726 posts | 880 
      Reply #121: Jan 01, 2014 02:32:31 pm

Hold on, his debut was against Swansea.

Against Man City, he came on right at the end, and still had time to put in a great cross against the goal which no-one ran to connect with.

Everton and Arsenal, he played fine. He missed a chance against Everton, but you can't hold that against a player. Suarez does it. Sterling did it against Chelsea.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #122: Jan 01, 2014 02:47:33 pm
      Hold on, his debut was against Swansea.

Against Man City, he came on right at the end, and still had time to put in a great cross against the goal which no-one ran to connect with.

Everton and Arsenal, he played fine. He missed a chance against Everton, but you can't hold that against a player. Suarez does it. Sterling did it against Chelsea.

Sorry, not his debut, but I stand by the opinion.  Insipid performances the majority of the time and far more than the individual incidents you seem to think make us think he is poor.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #123: Jan 01, 2014 02:55:56 pm

He was also lazy as anything aside from one cross!
      DanMann

• 5,726 posts | 880 
      Reply #124: Jan 01, 2014 02:56:30 pm
      Other than the HULL City game which everyone knows Moses was very poor in... these are the stats:

Moses has played 98 minutes (not including injury time) since the beginning of November.

Before that time, he had played well - and looking back through the comments in this thread, that was accepted by most people.

So, his poor run of form has had him play 98 minutes (coming on as sub in all games).. and declared poor enough to send him back in January.

That's ridiculous.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #125: Jan 01, 2014 02:58:50 pm
      Other than the HULL City game which everyone knows Moses was very poor in... these are the stats:

Moses has played 98 minutes (not including injury time) since the beginning of November.

Before that time, he had played well - and looking back through the comments in this thread, that was accepted by most people.

So, his poor run of form has had him play 98 minutes (coming on as sub in all games).. and declared poor enough to send him back in January.

That's ridiculous.

98 ineffectual minutes and has only had those 98 minutes because he hasn't shown he deserves anymore.
      DanMann

• 5,726 posts | 880 
      Reply #126: Jan 01, 2014 03:11:17 pm
      98 ineffectual minutes and has only had those 98 minutes because he hasn't shown he deserves anymore.

Okay. Now I know you are not even trying to be serious.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #127: Jan 01, 2014 03:13:30 pm
      Okay. Now I know you are not even trying to be serious.

I'm being perfectly serious. He has been abysmal every time he has been on the pitch and he is so damn lazy.
      DanMann

• 5,726 posts | 880 
      Reply #128: Jan 01, 2014 03:24:50 pm
      I'm being perfectly serious. He has been abysmal every time he has been on the pitch and he is so damn lazy.

If you think Moses was abysmal in all 98 minutes, I can't imagine how bad you rate our players right now v Hull. Don't hold back now..
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #129: Jan 01, 2014 03:33:53 pm
      If you think Moses was abysmal in all 98 minutes, I can't imagine how bad you rate our players right now v Hull. Don't hold back now..

If Moses done well then why is he still warming the bench? I wont hold back, if a player isn't pulling their weight I wont wear tinted specs and pretend everything is okay.

Maybe we just expect different standards at this club. If you are happy to settle for someone like Moses then that's up to you.
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #130: Jan 01, 2014 05:08:14 pm
      Okay, can someone begin to back up all these ridiculous accusations.

So far, it is only the Hull game where he is said to have played badly. I didn't get to see that game, so I cannot comment.

When else has he played badly? He scored a great goal on his debut.

And go on, how has his attitude been negative or bad off the pitch??

You said it yourself. BR rates him. It's funny that on the one hand people say "xxxxxx obviously plays poorly in training, because he doesn't get games. BR doesn't rate him" but with Moses, despite BR clearly happy with him, we ignore the argument that that demonstrates that he is doing good in training.

Aside from one goal this season he has done nothing – and when I say nothing I mean nothing. No other goals and no assists in a team that are second for scoring in the league. He has created 8 scoring chances so about one every hour and ten minutes of play (he has played 575 mins excluding today). That is actually embarrassing for any player in a top 4 side playing in his position. Lets look at Sterling by the same measure, he has scored 3 and set up 2 with a chance created every 40 mins. So over the space of 1 game sterling is effectively twice as likely if not more to either score, assist or create a chance.

Tracking back is something that we all love to see from forward players – again this is something that I believe shows his bad attitude on the pitch. Lets be honest it doesn’t happen, he doesn’t come back to make tackles. Again, compared to Sterling its a bit of a joke. Moses has made 7 challenges and won 6 – so that one every 80 mins vs. Sterling who has made 19 so again one every 40 mins.

Now off the pitch he goes off to the papers saying he would score 20 goals a season if he played as a striker – which may or may not be true. But for a player on loan due to getting no time at his parent club this stinks in my opinion – also, is he living in a dream world? Who in their right mind would play him up top in oppose to Suarez or Sturridge?!

Training I can’t talk about, no one can aside from BR and the players. But if he trained that well then he would get more starts and mins on the pitch – we have him and he plays because we have no other decent options. Today is a great example – Aspas starts in oppose to him, that sais enough for me.

Again, look at today’s game – he came on for Sterling who was playing well on that side and looked dangerous. He got plenty of the ball and if not challenged at least harassed opposing players. He goes off for Moses and we do nothing down that side for 15 mins – in which all he did was get the ball on a break and basically stop after running into players, ow and give away a free kick after losing the ball.

Ow – I would ask you to come back with a semi decent defence of Moses, against the above points – also before you label my points ‘ridiculous accusations’ tell me what he has done to make you think he deserves another game or indeed a full time move to LFC.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,904 posts | 818 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #131: Jan 01, 2014 05:16:51 pm
      We have a much better winger in Sterling already here. Not needed in my opinion, whenever his on the ball he doesn't ever look like his going to release it early enough. He has options to pass and move instead he takes the long way around it all and tries to dribble around a couple a players instead which gets him nowhere because he ends up loosing the ball.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #132: Jan 01, 2014 05:22:34 pm
      Poor cameo again today, send him back to Chelsea.
      Scottbot

• 9,600 posts | 2156 
      Reply #133: Jan 01, 2014 05:26:26 pm
      I think both arguments are a bit over the top for me. He's not a bad player but he hasn't really shown it so far and by the looks of it, he probably isn't for us. I thought he looked all right his first few performances without being spectacular but he struggled when went 3-5-2 and he was asked to play behind the strikers. He simply isn't his game and we haven't really seen much of him since the in order to be able to really assess him because Sterling has bounced back and shown the form of early last season. I can only guess that he hasn't been showing great form in training either.

If there is someone out there who is a available I would hope we'll bring someone else in over the next couple of weeks.
      DanMann

• 5,726 posts | 880 
      Reply #134: Jan 01, 2014 05:36:54 pm
      Poor cameo again today, send him back to Chelsea.

This is plain silly now.

I can't believe Liverpool fans want a player to fail so they can have a laugh. The only bad thing Moses did today was he fouled a man. That was it. Yet he is targeted again. People looking for faults - and desperately nit picking.

Very, very sad.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,904 posts | 818 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #135: Jan 01, 2014 05:39:14 pm

The only bad thing Moses did today was he fouled a man. That was it. Yet he is targeted again. People looking for faults - and desperately nit picking.

Very, very sad.

He had a clear opportunity to pass the ball on, instead he turned his back to the players and dribble out wide, lost the ball then fouled a man. For me he is too hellbent on getting past players regardless of whether it is needed or not.
      DanMann

• 5,726 posts | 880 
      Reply #136: Jan 01, 2014 05:39:53 pm
      Today is a great example – Aspas starts in oppose to him, that sais enough for me.

The fact that you have said that.. says enough for me too.

Another ridiculous comment to make. Looking for faults. Laughable mate.

DanMann

• 5,726 posts | 880 
      Reply #137: Jan 01, 2014 05:40:50 pm
      He had a clear opportunity to pass the ball on, instead he turned his back to the players and dribble out wide, lost the ball then fouled a man. For me he is too hellbent on getting past players regardless of whether it is needed or not.

Mate, I'll tell you something your blinkered eyes cannot see.

Gerrard gave the ball away moments before then too.

Was Gerrard poor?

Quick Reply