Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Football Manager 2014

Read 36826 times
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Re: Football Manager 2014
      Reply #115: Jan 03, 2014 06:39:51 pm
      I stopped playing for a while cause it's too slow on my notebook.
      I'm buying a new PC soon so I hope to get back to it... I miss playing FM so much that I downloaded the classic CM 01-02 on the notebook. It's very dated but such a brilliant game, still enjoyable after all those years.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #116: Jan 03, 2014 11:36:22 pm
      Got ridiculously sacked from Atletico. Had so many injuries and dropped in the league but it was still November and plenty of time to recover from 8th and only 6 points off fourth. Was top of my CL group too.

Anyways I took over Levante in the second division. sh*t players, sh*t team, see how I go. Currently in a 2013/14 Premier League-esque season. I think 3 points cover the top 7 teams.

Forced to buy frees and loan from my parent club Lyon to fill gaps in the squad.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #117: Jan 06, 2014 02:34:31 pm
      My best 5 players all injured and 4 of them are central midfielders.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #118: Jan 06, 2014 04:40:05 pm
      FFS I can't do anything without it freezing up.
      Jimbo_Revolution
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 58 posts |
      Reply #119: Jan 10, 2014 07:29:29 pm
      This game may possibly be the most frustrating game ever made. I read a lot of bad reviews before buying it and now I'm starting to wish I'd paid more attention to them. Sick and tired of being unable to score, despite having 20+ shots on target and then the AI goes ahead and scores their solitary effort; sick of supposedly world class players being apparently unable to control a ball, or even play a simple pass. This game just fails in pretty much every department...it will take a miracle patch to fix everything that is wrong with this game. It is nice to know I'm not the only one feeling this way, though.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #120: Jan 12, 2014 05:12:45 pm
      My defence are so sh*te they rival Cissokho. They literally just walk alongside the opposition and do nothing.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #121: Jan 20, 2014 01:56:41 am
      Finally got a new computer so I can get back to FM14. I have missed it badly.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #122: Jan 20, 2014 05:16:03 am
      My first four games in the league: Man Utd (H), Arsenal (A), Liverpool (H), Chelsea (A). Ridiculous.
      I did manage to beat Man Utd 2-0, then lost to Arsenal by the same result, and drew by 1-1 with LFC. About to play against Chelsea now.
      Also got Man City in the Carling Cup. Quite a difficult start to the season.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #123: Jan 20, 2014 05:43:44 am
      With who?
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #124: Jan 20, 2014 12:48:41 pm

:D
      Forgot to mention I'm playing with Southampton.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #125: Jan 20, 2014 09:36:25 pm
      Standing strong at 3rd place with Southampton. It's February 2014 in my game now, things are looking good.
      Shaw and Clyne are immense, and so are Gaston Ramirez, Schneiderlin and Wanyama.
      Pablo Osvaldo could be a lot better though... has good stats but is so inconsistent!
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #126: Jan 20, 2014 09:51:08 pm
      Playing as Gosport Borough in the Skrill South, I'm 2 points above the relegation zone with 10 games to play. I did manage to win the FA Trophy though which was unexpected
      Red5man
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #127: Jan 20, 2014 10:19:13 pm
      Playing as Gosport Borough in the Skrill South, I'm 2 points above the relegation zone with 10 games to play. I did manage to win the FA Trophy though which was unexpected

Sounds a fun save
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #128: Jan 21, 2014 01:03:12 pm
      Really haven't found it as difficult as most here...  :f_whistle: won the Premier League with Southampton!
      Got into the last 3 or 4 matches hoping to stay at 3rd place, but Man Utd and Man City both lost two games in a row so that I went to the last week top of the league on goal difference! (I had only +1 GD than United)

In the last game, I failed to beat West Brom at home (1-1) so I thought it was all over, but then United drew with Stoke (0-0) and the title was mine in the end.

Very surprised but overall my team was fantastic, some frustrating late equalizers during the season but other than that I thought the game was pretty normal, if not easy  :f_run:

Wingers suck in this game though, even my best ones were crap during the season (my biggest summer signing being Gaitán, a left winger). The only tactics that worked properly were those that made use of fullbacks for width, and gladly I had two amazing fullbacks to do just that (Clyne and Shaw).

Gaston Ramirez was named Player of the Year (15 assists in the league), José Fonte was Players' Player of the Year (he scored some 10 goals from corners during the season) and I was Manager of the Year.

My starting lineup usually looked like this:

Ospina
      Clyne - Lovren - Fonte - Shaw
                        Diamé
               Wanyama - Schneiderlin
                        Ramirez
               Rodriguez - Lambert

Sweeper Keeper; two Complete Wing Baccks (attack) and two Ball Playing Defenders (defend); a Half Back (defend), a Ball Winning Midfielder (support), a Box to Box Midfielder (support) and an Advanced Playmaker (attack); in attack, I played a False Nine (support) and a Poacher (attack).

Attacking tactics, strong tackling (lots of yellows and I was fined for that twice), advanced defensive line, short passing... that's basically it.

I made quite a few signings but only Diamé and Ospina (on loan) managed to get a regular starting spot. The club was already full of talent!

In January the club gave me a decent budget since I was doing so well, and I managed to sort out my defense for the foreseeable future with the signings of Martin Kelly, Abdennour and Kana-Biyik. One of the them was supposed to replace Fonte in the starting lineup but despite having not-so-good stats, the Portuguese had an amazing average rating and scored a lot of goals from corners, so it was difficult to send him to the bench.

Rodriguez and Osvaldo are both good players but ridiculously inconsistent, both scored among themselves some 10-15 goals, but that included long periods without any goals, so I was always trying to play the one in better form throughout the season.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #129: Jan 21, 2014 02:05:38 pm
      Nice one mate!

I agree now that the game is much easier once you get used to it. Attacking fullbacks on this game are unstoppable!
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #130: Jan 21, 2014 03:01:11 pm
      Nice one mate!

I agree now that the game is much easier once you get used to it. Attacking fullbacks on this game are unstoppable!

Yeah, they are the real deal! That's how I played at LFC and now at Southampton. José Enrique was particularly good in this kind of formation.
      I certainly didn't expect to win the EPL that fast, I was counting on a few years before that happened. I was quite lucky though, for the title was decided on a relatively low points count.
      Chamakh was the league top scorer so I guess I was lucky to be playing well in a quite bad season overall :D ;D
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #131: Jan 21, 2014 09:47:13 pm
      That was close!

Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #132: Jan 21, 2014 10:29:04 pm
      And now I lost the FA Cup to Chelsea, 3-1. I seem to be totally unable to beat Chelsea in this game. Also, I was without my two best players (Ramirez and Clyne) for this game, both out injured, so it was always going to be difficult. Oh well, who cares, I won the league!
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #133: Jan 27, 2014 03:39:08 pm
      He's played a total of 16 minutes and I get this...

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #134: Jan 28, 2014 01:07:42 pm
      :D

Managed to get Levante up to La Liga in my second season after winning the Adelante title. Got given a ~5m budget but only bought one player and used a lot of my funds to get a bigger wage bill and sign free players to improve the team.

I'll probably stick to that for the time being and use my transfer budget for someone who i think will really improve the team.

Staying up is definitely the goal. Probably the smallest club in the league.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #135: Jan 28, 2014 06:14:12 pm
      Okay so I gave in and gave the game another whirl. Signed James Rodriguez, he's boss!! Stadium being expanded too and currently moved into the City of Manchester Stadium.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #136: Jan 28, 2014 06:53:19 pm
      Okay so I gave in and gave the game another whirl. Signed James Rodriguez, he's boss!! Stadium being expanded too and currently moved into the City of Manchester Stadium.

Signed him in January of my 2nd season with Southampton, it'll be great to have another creator in the team, right now I depend very much on Gaston Ramirez (who is boss, by the way, sign him if you can).
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #137: Jan 28, 2014 07:44:16 pm
      Signed him in January of my 2nd season with Southampton, it'll be great to have another creator in the team, right now I depend very much on Gaston Ramirez (who is boss, by the way, sign him if you can).

I signed Vitinho on a free, he's boss too like! Only a couple of games into my season with him and he's got a few assists and scored a cracking goal.

Suarez/Lewandowski

Rodriguez        Coutinho         Vitinho/Lucas Moura

That's my main attack.

Quick Reply