Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Football Manager 2014

Read 36608 times
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Re: Football Manager 2014
      Reply #23: Nov 04, 2013 12:17:05 pm

I also did both of these. Not sure why I spent my entire budget on bender really, when I needed a RW & cover at RB more. Liverpool haven't got much of a squad in it up front and very top heavy on CBs. I loaned out nearly all my young lads. I'm aiming for a big turnaround in the summer of the squad if I get a bit of cash, only wanting to get top 4 this year really.  Suarez is just 1 game back from his ban. Aspas was banging them in for me as the lone front man with Stevie supporting on both position & goals.

First time getting FM in 3 years so it's gonna take some getting used to again.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #24: Nov 04, 2013 02:55:23 pm
      I offered Lucas for £40M in the last day of the transfer window to see if anyone would be crazy enough to offer that much and Real Madrid did! A big part of the fee is going to be paid in 48 installments, but it was such crazy money, I sold him straight away.

Bought Lars Bender as his replacement for around £20M.

In the end, my transfer activity went as follows:

Signed: Benteke, Diamé, Pepe (on loan from Juventus), Lars Bender and a young DM from Lazio whose name I forgot for a low fee and a loan back for the remainder of the season.

Sold: Lucas Leiva.

I'm doing well so far, conceding many goals, rarely keeping a clean sheet, but scoring even more.

My lineup looks like this:

Mignolet (SK)
                   Skrtel (BPD) - Sakho (BPD)
      Johnson (CWB) - Bender (HB) - Enrique (CWB)
              Gerrard (BBM) - Henderson (AP)
                             Suarez (AP)
                 Benteke (FN) - Sturridge (P)

SK = sweeper keeper.
      BPD = ball playing defender.
      CWB = complete wing back.
      HB = half back.
      BBM = box to box midfielder.
      AP = advanced playmaker.
      FN = false nine.
      P = poacher.

Agger is arguably my best defender but Sakho has performed better of late, he's a goal machine from corners!
      Bender as a half back means he's playing almost as a 3rd CB, so it doesn't leave me as exposed as it may look. It really is a very offensive tactic though.
      Enrique is a beast in this position, won the player of the month award for September.
      Gerrard is bloody awful so far, his average rating is something like 6.35... Playing Diame or Allen more often is under consideration.
      Henderson is much better than I expected. Did well even when I played him as a defensive winger on the left.
      Suarez, Benteke and Sturridge are fantastic together.

In a game when Gerrard, Diamé and Allen were all injured, I did something crazy and gave Jordan Rossiter a start as half back, pushing Bender to the box-to-box position. I won the game 3-2 against Villa and Rossiter became the youngest LFC player ever! Pretty cool :D

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #25: Nov 04, 2013 04:53:26 pm
      May be a stupid question, but if you have started a save and you then install a face/jersey/logo/name pack afterwards, are thee packs available in your save? Or do you have to start a new one again?
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #26: Nov 04, 2013 07:46:57 pm
      Started a new save with Southampton. See how that goes.

Anyone else have at least 5 players injured all the time?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #27: Nov 04, 2013 08:11:47 pm
      Sweet jesus, just kept a clean sheet :o. Hate it when one of my players goes to pass it and as it's getting to the player the ball hits another player and goes straight to the opposition! Conceding so many goals on either crosses or corners!
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #28: Nov 04, 2013 08:43:47 pm
      Gonna go with an old school big man, little man with a Drogba/Suarez combo and see how that goes.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,080 posts | 805 
      Reply #29: Nov 06, 2013 05:52:26 pm
      Jesus Christ this game is f**king doing my head in. Every single tactic is losing games. Every instruction is doing f**k all.

I say push up, and our defensive line is on the edge of our box. I say to retain possession and some c**t knocks it up field every touch.

Been happening the same to me, even following the advice of my assistant during the game to work this mess, but f*ck me nothing works, they've changed the tactics way too much, I keep losing the ball when I play retain possession... I tell my player to run more with the ball, instead he shoots at every opportunity he has, tactics are taking forever to work or even get the fluidity.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,080 posts | 805 
      Reply #30: Nov 06, 2013 05:53:27 pm
      Oh, and I bought Matuidi from PSG who has been really well so far for me, only for 6m

Anyone who needs a top quality defender go for Eder Alvarez Balanta of Columbia and River, splashed 13m for him but he has been class so far.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #31: Nov 06, 2013 09:28:54 pm
      I give up. I can't win a game.

Tried every single formation. Even 3-5-2. Can't get a midfielder to rate over 6.8. Defenders are all sh*t. Strikers never score.

I bought Balanta for £6.5m. He was decent.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #32: Nov 07, 2013 04:48:30 am
      How am I being overrun in midfield when the other team has 9 F***ing men on the field?
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #33: Nov 07, 2013 08:15:55 am
      Scored 9 and haven't conceded in my last 4 games. I was leaving my training to Pascoe before and he's clearly sh*t at it.

Here's what I'm using at the moment, Sturridge and Suarez aren't doing great but Drogba's scoring for fun.

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #34: Nov 07, 2013 03:35:11 pm
      I was leaving my training to Pascoe before and he's clearly sh*t at it.

I sacked the clown at the start of the game
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #35: Nov 07, 2013 04:10:49 pm
      I thought of sacking Pascoe to offer Borrell the assistant job instead, but haven't done it yet.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #36: Nov 07, 2013 04:43:38 pm
      I got a new guy in for the job. Had Paco on 13 but cant find him on this one
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #37: Nov 08, 2013 09:30:29 am
      What team tactics do you guys use?

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #38: Nov 08, 2013 12:09:38 pm
      What team tactics do you guys use?

At work now, so can't screenshot it but I'm playing a 4-1-2-2-1

Suarez
      Coutinho                                            Sturridge
                            Gerrard   Bender
                                     Lucas
      Enrique            Agger      Srktel             Johnson
                                    Mignolet

Coutinho & Sturridge as Inside Forwards, Suarez as Complete Forward, I think. Lucas as a half back.

The front 3 are doing sweet F**k all & Lucas is a walking red card, has 2 in his last 2 games. I can't think of a formation to bring the best out of Suarez, Sturridge & Coutinho at all. I'm getting random goals throughout the team, and Salvio the winger on loan is getting a few too. Kolo stuck a late winner against City aswell :)

it's 1st January now & just offered a Lewandoski a contract that he accepted, hopefully no one else comes in and he'll join on a free in the summer :)   Matuidi also, even tho I don't really need him, have much more pressing issues. I might sell Lucas for big bucks as a good few others have as a lot of teams come sniffing at around €40m. Could get proper wingers & full backs for that.

I wonder what the story with Reina is too? Does he want to stay at the club after the loan?

Also will try to sort out my coaches / scouts this summer too.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #39: Nov 08, 2013 12:32:33 pm
      I'm using that formation too but Bender as an Anchor Man. Suarez has 18 goals now, Coutinho 11, Benteke 9 and Sturridge 6. When I play Benteke I use Suarez as an Inside Forward. Have to play Toure Right Back a lot because Kelly is injured and Johnson keeps getting slight knocks but have Agger, Sakho and Subotic to play Centre Back. Jonathon Silva and Jose as Left Backs, cancelled the loans of Cissokho and Moses because they weren't playing. Still letting in so many goals but signed Honda on a free and after 1 game he has a goal and an assist. The Board Confidence said fans were concerened about him a day after he signed and before he'd even played! Massively boosted Merchandise though. As for Reina, Napoli have an agreed fee in place of 13.25mill
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #40: Nov 08, 2013 12:43:33 pm
      Started with Spurs. Finally won the possession, got 21 shots on and a high pass %.

Lost 3-1 at home to Cardiff.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,080 posts | 805 
      Reply #41: Nov 08, 2013 01:13:08 pm
      Started with Spurs. Finally won the possession, got 21 shots on and a high pass %.

Lost 3-1 at home to Cardiff.

;D

I changed around with the tactics, decided to get a winger so I got Ricardo Quaresma for free, played a 4-2-3-1 formation, with a DM and a deep lying playmaker and played Coutinho as an AM with two inside forwards (Quaresma or Sterling, Sturridge) and Suarez as a complete striker, smashed Cardiff 4-1 at home and destroyed Swansea 4-0 away, looking much better for me at the start of the second season after selling Mignolet then buying instead Ter Stegen for 11m and a young argentinian right back Gino Peruzzi.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #42: Nov 08, 2013 01:26:28 pm
      Well if this game isn't bullshit as it is, Lloris has caught the ball, decided he didn't care a defender was right in front of him and placed the ball down and booted it in to say defender.

This ball has rolled 25 yards back to goal and gone in. Fantastic. At least one of my players has a F***ing assist this season.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #43: Nov 08, 2013 02:37:14 pm
      This game is making me want to take a sharp blade to my wrists
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #44: Nov 08, 2013 04:20:03 pm
      Lewandowski has agreed to sign on a free, trying to agree a deal for Vitinho on a free now but his agent wants a pay off.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #45: Nov 08, 2013 04:42:26 pm
      I'm using that formation too but Bender as an Anchor Man. Suarez has 18 goals now, Coutinho 11, Benteke 9 and Sturridge 6. When I play Benteke I use Suarez as an Inside Forward. Have to play Toure Right Back a lot because Kelly is injured and Johnson keeps getting slight knocks but have Agger, Sakho and Subotic to play Centre Back. Jonathon Silva and Jose as Left Backs, cancelled the loans of Cissokho and Moses because they weren't playing. Still letting in so many goals but signed Honda on a free and after 1 game he has a goal and an assist. The Board Confidence said fans were concerened about him a day after he signed and before he'd even played! Massively boosted Merchandise though. As for Reina, Napoli have an agreed fee in place of 13.25mill
      I can't get Suarez to score at all when I play him inside forward.

I don't get why when a players value is 20k that you can't sign him for less than like 2 million.
      « Last Edit: Nov 08, 2013 04:53:50 pm by Dmasta »

Quick Reply