Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

Football Manager 2014

Read 36852 times
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,171 posts | 829 
      Re: Football Manager 2014
      Reply #69: Nov 17, 2013 12:36:34 pm
      Signed Lucas Moura for £29mill along with Lewandowski and Vitinho on free's. Trying to sign James Rodriguez now. Sold Sturridge for £19mill, he has been so under rated on the game!

Sturridge has been phenomenal with me, as with Sterling.

I think Suarez is hugely underrated in the game
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #70: Nov 17, 2013 03:57:08 pm
      I know pretty much all of the Barrow U18s lads. Quite depressing considering they're younger than me and I play against them (and beat them) on a regular basis at five-a-side. I should be on the game. :(

If you were, I promise I would sign you to LFC and give you the number 7 shirt.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #71: Nov 17, 2013 07:00:30 pm
      Managed to just scrape 6th place after Arsenal suddenly became pants halfway through the season. Signed Akinfeev and Matuidi on a free and brought in Santon and still have 30 mil to play with so hopefully I can at least get Champions league this time round.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #72: Nov 17, 2013 08:23:29 pm
      Sturridge has been phenomenal with me, as with Sterling.

I think Suarez is hugely underrated in the game

Might be down to the formation I was playing
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #73: Nov 18, 2013 10:41:26 am
      If you were, I promise I would sign you to LFC and give you the number 7 shirt.

You always have to sign players you know in it! Luckily enough, the Irish players are always very cheap! A few years ago, there was one lad, that friends knew, that was in the Celtic youth team.

I know pretty much all of the Barrow U18s lads. Quite depressing considering they're younger than me and I play against them (and beat them) on a regular basis at five-a-side. I should be on the game. :(

Actually now that I think of it, 2 sisters I know are very good friends with Greg Cunningham, the irish LB who used to be at City, but (struggling I think) to play for Bristol. Was on good money at City too. The younger sister (also a Liverpool fan :)) knows a good few lads playing in League of Ireland, at the Galway clubs & Athlone. One of them had trials at Liverpool alright as a GK, but is now at Shamrock Rovers.
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #74: Nov 18, 2013 11:22:42 am
      I know a few fellas in the game.
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #75: Nov 18, 2013 05:15:06 pm
      Changed and started with Palermo after their relegation last year. Should be a fun challenge.
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #76: Nov 18, 2013 08:02:54 pm
      Lost the League Cup final to United, was 2-1 up after the away leg to Spurs in the Europa League, lost the home after 2 very late goals. Had a 7 point lead in the league, lost to United on goal difference. :(
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #77: Nov 21, 2013 06:16:45 am
      35 shots for 1 friggen goal. Ridiculous.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #78: Nov 22, 2013 10:47:43 am
      Started a game as Stockport in the Skrill North and just came up against the worlds worst goalkeeper. First he fumbles and stands there while my striker runs 30 yards to pick up the ball and score and then he handballs outside the box and didn't bother to get back before we took our free kick allowing my player to head into an empty net.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #79: Nov 23, 2013 08:49:36 am
      With Atletico after one season and finished second! Made the QF of the Champions League and SF of the Spanish Cup, as well.

Playing a 4-2-1-1-2 with complete wing backs and both my left backs in Insua and Filipe are the two highest rated players in the league, as well as Reinartz who i signed from Germany for 3.5m and now is worth ~8m.

Hopefully some money to spend and i can offload Villa who is trash, get a keeper in if i can't land Courtois on loan again and bolster my side. Won't make too many changes from this season. Only brought in Reinartz and Alberto Lora who ended up being a star for me.

Miranda scored 10 goals for me as a centre back, and one behind my top scorer in the league Diego Costa. I've been scoring plenty and it's been from all my players across the pitch which is nice. Shows my system is working out for once.

Landed some proper exciting youth players, got Oliver and Rodriguez from Atletico B who are potential stars and a good spine to the team. Fingers crossed it keeps going.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #80: Nov 23, 2013 01:36:31 pm
      With Atletico after one season and finished second! Made the QF of the Champions League and SF of the Spanish Cup, as well.

Playing a 4-2-1-1-2 with complete wing backs and both my left backs in Insua and Filipe are the two highest rated players in the league, as well as Reinartz who i signed from Germany for 3.5m and now is worth ~8m.

Hopefully some money to spend and i can offload Villa who is trash, get a keeper in if i can't land Courtois on loan again and bolster my side. Won't make too many changes from this season. Only brought in Reinartz and Alberto Lora who ended up being a star for me.

Miranda scored 10 goals for me as a centre back, and one behind my top scorer in the league Diego Costa. I've been scoring plenty and it's been from all my players across the pitch which is nice. Shows my system is working out for once.

Landed some proper exciting youth players, got Oliver and Rodriguez from Atletico B who are potential stars and a good spine to the team. Fingers crossed it keeps going.

Are you conceding many?
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,171 posts | 829 
      Reply #81: Nov 24, 2013 02:17:56 pm
      I don't have an issue with conceding anymore, I have a bloody issue with scoring goals, I dominate games 60% possession and get around 20 shots (15 on target) but either win 1-0 or I lose! I tried everything,I even bought Benzema and didn't even work, can't get them to score a goal!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #82: Nov 25, 2013 06:54:46 am

Here and there but I had one of the best defences in the league and one of the best attacks.

Had a pretty good window. Brought in Tim Krul for 5m, Jon Obi Mikel for a loan and future 7m fee, Luis Muriel for 13m, Kevin Strootman for 13m but he got injured for 4 months after he signed but before he arrived, and Huyra or something from Brazil for 4m.

Sold Diego Costa for 28m, Courtois went back to Chelsea, Villa free to Monaco but saving 165k a week.
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #83: Nov 25, 2013 07:09:31 pm
      Can't find a team I want to settle with.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #84: Nov 26, 2013 12:56:10 am
      My god Tim Krul is absolutely woeful.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #85: Nov 26, 2013 10:20:47 am
      HOW MANY F***ing CHANCES DO THEY NEED TO SCORE?!?!?!?!

MY F***ing for it's ridiculous. One on ones are like shooting from F***ing halfway.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,171 posts | 829 
      Reply #86: Nov 26, 2013 10:32:53 pm
      HOW MANY F***ing CHANCES DO THEY NEED TO SCORE?!?!?!?!

MY f**king for it's ridiculous. One on ones are like shooting from f**king halfway.

Definitely wrong with the game itself mate, I'm experiencing the same problem! checked out forums and everyone is complaining the same! it's ridiculous! I get 20 shots 15 on target and only 1 goal, and the AI they get one key moment and they score a goal.
      Bier
      Reply #87: Nov 27, 2013 09:21:08 am
      The AI just isn't done well. Because with the amount of chances you get sometimes, you'd have to win with very big numbers. So the AI doesn't play as well as it should. To counter that bad AI they just made it harder to score for you and easy to score for the AI, so the results still look realistic and small. It's bullshit. FIFA actually tends to suffer from the same issue.

I haven't even played a full season with any team yet, I tried a few teams but got bored quickly each time and stopped playing completely now. Think I'm done.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,171 posts | 829 
      Reply #88: Nov 27, 2013 04:54:48 pm
      Well They've released a new patch, so let's see if there are any new improvements

- Fixed some examples of Clear Cut and Half Chances being missed
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #89: Nov 28, 2013 04:07:52 am
      Updating now.

Better be F***ing better. Or I'm asking for my money back.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #90: Nov 28, 2013 04:21:21 am
      Nope. Same F***ing story. 16 shots and 3 clear chances for nothing and they go get a penalty and it's 1-0.

Haha I had an open goal from two feet away and he stands there, waits for a defender to come tackle him and then gives away a foul.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,171 posts | 829 
      Reply #91: Nov 28, 2013 05:09:41 pm
      Yep I agree, got 32 shots 20 on target and I only managed to draw 1-1, when the AI had 4 shots and 4 on target.

What utter sh*te

Quick Reply