Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

"We Need To Talk About Gerrard."

Read 150188 times
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Re: "We Need To Talk About Gerrard."
      Reply #1449: Nov 23, 2014 05:40:15 pm
      Gerrard needs to bite the bullet and retire. This is nowhere near good enough, he was truly dreadful - he's being contantly outpaced and outmuscled in everything he does now, age has finally got the better of him.

A good actor knows when it's time to leave the stage.

There's no excuses, that time has come.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1450: Nov 23, 2014 05:48:27 pm
      Been sh*te all season but walks into the team.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1451: Nov 23, 2014 06:29:33 pm
      Been sh*te all season but walks into the team.

and also runs his mouth to the media about a contract. Should just retire and take a coaching role, clearly hasn't recovered from last season which is understandable. He's a mess out there at the moment though, embarrassing attempts at defending and nobody making runs makes him completely ineffective at both ends of the pitch.

Today he was striking the ball with his laces, clearly pushing himself now to either get injured again or solve the problem, in other words desperate.
      andymac7565
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,088 posts | 23 
      Reply #1452: Nov 23, 2014 06:38:09 pm
      Dont agree with posters above
      Gerrard doesn't need to do anything.

Rogers does. ..
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #1453: Nov 23, 2014 06:45:26 pm
      With our current goal scoring problems I'd let Gerrard go up front forget this role he has now it doesn't work without the movement of studge and Luis .
      His basic instinct is to attack and shoot somthing we are incapable of at the moment.
      Why not?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #1454: Nov 23, 2014 06:46:01 pm
      Dont agree with posters above
      Gerrard doesn't need to do anything.

Rogers does. ..

Yup Rodgers needs to stop playing him.
      But I do agree with the posters why would a legend destroy his legacy he really is awful at the moment.

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #1455: Nov 23, 2014 06:46:53 pm
      With our current goal scoring problems I'd let Gerrard go up front forget this role he has now it doesn't work without the movement of studge and Luis .
      His basic instinct is to attack and shoot somthing we are incapable of at the moment.
      Why not?

Because he would have to put out his cigar and get out of his deck chair.

rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,094 posts | 1632 
      Reply #1456: Nov 23, 2014 06:59:31 pm
      Along with our hard man centre half their % of tackles won was .....wait for it 0% our DM and CH what a joke
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #1457: Nov 23, 2014 07:24:06 pm
      Because he would have to put out his cigar and get out of his deck chair.

He is capable of it is he not though?
      Attack is the best form of defence and Gerrard is capable of that.
      He looks thoroughly pussed of in his current role it isn't his game.
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #1458: Nov 23, 2014 07:47:23 pm
      Yup Rodgers needs to stop playing him.
      But I do agree with the posters why would a legend destroy his legacy he really is awful at the moment.

That's also my real worry. I along with all the Liverpool fans want to remember Gerrard as our captain fantastic, the legend who inspired us to our greatest European triumph, who got a FA cup final named after him and who gave us innumerable fantastic memories. It is really painful to see Gerrard as a shadow of his former self and sadly he can't escape the criticism because we support Liverpool FC and no one is bigger than the club. He still has a role to play in this team but not as a regular starter. He still can be a very good impact sub. The sooner he realises this the better for our club and his own legacy as well.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #1459: Nov 23, 2014 08:06:16 pm
      Rodgers does not need to stop playing Gerrard.

He needs to play him more advanced for the first 60 or last 30.

He also needs to surround Gerrard with players that have more than one brain cell.

Once we have players capable of intelligent movement then all the talk about Gerrard will stop.

Oh, one more thing. Rodgers must sign some players that at least possess one bollock, preferably a pair of bollocks though.

We need to start easing the pressure on Gerrard, not increasing it.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #1460: Nov 23, 2014 08:19:59 pm
      Rodgers does not need to stop playing Gerrard.

He needs to play him more advanced for the first 60 or last 30.

He also needs to surround Gerrard with players that have more than one brain cell.

Once we have players capable of intelligent movement then all the talk about Gerrard will stop.

Oh, one more thing. Rodgers must sign some players that at least possess one bollock, preferably a pair of bollocks though.

We need to start easing the pressure on Gerrard, not increasing it.

You'll be asking opposition players not to run past Gerrard next :D
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1461: Nov 23, 2014 08:23:31 pm
      think Stevie is showing where is head is and that's not as Brendan's captain.
      He must think after Luis going and buying a load of "potential" his last chance of a title has gone.
      The lad had his head up his arse and Brendan hasn't the balls to drop him.
      I also think he isn't playing with players that can make decent enough runs to get his passes off.
      Lets face it the whole thing at present is one mighty F**k up
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1462: Nov 23, 2014 08:39:43 pm
      think Stevie is showing where is head is and that's not as Brendan's captain.
      He must think after Luis going and buying a load of "potential" his last chance of a title has gone.
      The lad had his head up his arse and Brendan hasn't the balls to drop him.
      I also think he isn't playing with players that can make decent enough runs to get his passes off.
      Lets face it the whole thing at present is one mighty F**k up

I honestly think that one of the problems with our team at the moment is the lack of leaders in each match day squad. Since Brendan took over we have lost quite a few natural leaders or at least players that giver their all. We don't seem to have replaced them successfully.

I agree about their not being enough players making the runs to get onto Gerrard's passes but I think he also needs to stop making these 60+ yard passes quite as often. I think he should be dropped for a few games and not played for 90 minutes twice a week.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      Reply #1463: Nov 23, 2014 08:46:36 pm
      I honestly think that one of the problems with our team at the moment is the lack of leaders in each match day squad. Since Brendan took over we have lost quite a few natural leaders or at least players that giver their all. We don't seem to have replaced them successfully.

An excellent point sir. Agger and Reina come to mind. Players that stood up to him.

Oh my, how much we are missing their leadership qualities. Players that loved this Club and loved us.

If Reina was still here Mignolet would be dropped and the same goes for Agger with Lovren.

hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      Reply #1464: Nov 23, 2014 08:48:20 pm
      You'll be asking opposition players not to run past Gerrard next :D

The thing is though Shabs, if we could actually keep the F***ing ball for more than 5 seconds at a time then this wouldn't happen so often.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1465: Nov 23, 2014 08:51:04 pm

I agree about their not being enough players making the runs to get onto Gerrard's passes but I think he also needs to stop making these 60+ yard passes quite as often. I think he should be dropped for a few games and not played for 90 minutes twice a week.

its not called the spine of the team for nothing, Pepe,Agger,Luis or Migs,Lovren and one of 3 you can pick. spine ,guts , leadership, and  heart everything this club is famous for is not in this team. they all look lost
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #1466: Nov 23, 2014 08:54:15 pm
      The thing is though Shabs, if we could actually keep the f**king ball for more than 5 seconds at a time then this wouldn't happen so often.

True, but the bottom line is mate the skipper is not the player he was 6 seasons ago, if we need his influence then he should be upfront as a 2nd striker, I'm confident he could offer us more upfront.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1467: Nov 23, 2014 08:56:45 pm
      True, but the bottom line is mate the skipper is not the player he was 6 seasons ago, if we need his influence then he should be upfront as a 2nd striker, I'm confident he could offer us more upfront.

I just think his head isn't in the right place at present. He's not a robot and he clearly is getting hacked off playing in a very poor Liverpool team
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #1468: Nov 23, 2014 09:48:56 pm
      I just think his head isn't in the right place at present. He's not a robot and he clearly is getting hacked off playing in a very poor Liverpool team

If he went to Real Madrid or Bayern Munich for example would he suddenly shine?
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #1469: Nov 23, 2014 09:54:52 pm
      No longer has the legs to play the role in which he is deployed.

Move him forward or drop him, Brendan.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1470: Nov 23, 2014 09:58:48 pm
      If he went to Real Madrid or Bayern Munich for example would he suddenly shine?

Yes I think he probably would he would certainly be better than he is. Sometimes you can actually stay in the same place too long and become stale.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #1471: Nov 23, 2014 10:01:42 pm
      Yes I think he probably would he would certainly be better than he is. Sometimes you can actually stay in the same place too long and become stale.

That's possible, good point with the stale thing.:^)

Quick Reply