Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Newcastle 2 - 2 Liverpool - post match frustration

Read 39420 times
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Re: Newcastle 2 - 2 Liverpool - post match frustration
      Reply #391: Oct 19, 2013 02:52:51 pm
      P*issed off for the day after that!
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #392: Oct 19, 2013 02:54:42 pm
      The problems are the players. Moses just doesn't look like a match winner and definately not a number 10 to me and Henderson is a fish out of water - he can neither tackle nor thread a killer pass through nor does he have an eye for goal and tends to panic when the ball comes to him in the box. We really need Courthinio back and we need some creativity in the side. Our defending was awful from set pieces again today and the more I see Mignolet play, the more I'm convinced we've traded down on goalkeepers. As for Sterling, I'm struggling to see what he offers beyond his blistering pace.

On the positive side, I thought Sakho looked brilliant today, given that it was his first competitive game and gives some real competition for that place with Enrique. Gerrard getting his 100th goal was icing on the cake of his performance that saw 111 passes made with a 91% pass rate and the SAS partnership looks to continue to grow in strength. As a couple of others have already said, Alberto looked quality when he came on.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #393: Oct 19, 2013 02:55:04 pm
      Gerrard, awful first half, hardly woke up the entire game, lazy slow passes, I just don't know with our skipper at the moment, something is wrong.

To be fair he did play some cracking passes today, particularly the ball in for Sturridge in the 2nd half that Danny then made a meal of.
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,979 posts | 238 
      Reply #394: Oct 19, 2013 02:55:30 pm
      If we are going to play 3412, let's play Alberto behind the strikers (until coutinho comes back). He cant be worse than moses who has been awful. Sturridge was also average today. He should have converted that Gerrard cross which could have won the game for us.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,916 posts | 820 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #395: Oct 19, 2013 02:55:53 pm
      Personally although most were utter sh*t, i would allow Alberto to start the next game ahead of Henderson, Alberto seems to have a lot more to offer going forward.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #396: Oct 19, 2013 02:56:01 pm
      P*issed off for the day after that!

Well we were in relegation before. But look we are still top four.
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #397: Oct 19, 2013 02:57:06 pm
      I'd be interested to know how many shots we had off target today.

If it wasn't for a bit of magic from Suarez and Sturridge today, we would have been on the end of a defeat. It's simply not acceptable for LFC. Other players need to take a bit of responsibility.

16 shots off target according to BBC, 6 shots on target.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #398: Oct 19, 2013 02:57:56 pm
      I thought we lacked urgency at the start and took too long to get going. Poor defensively for both goals (although the first was a great hit) and unfortunately too many had off days.

In many ways it was a typical performance after an international break, but a draw having been behind twice isn't exactly the disaster some are painting on here. Coutinho is the player we very obviously miss at the moment and when he comes back we'll look a much better team. On that evidence I'd bring Joe Allen in for Henderson who I thought was at his annoying worst today. My MOM was Gerrard without whom we'd have been lost.
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,452 posts | 212 
      Reply #399: Oct 19, 2013 02:58:31 pm
      The problems are the players. Moses just doesn't look like a match winner and definately not a number 10 to me and Henderson is a fish out of water - he can neither tackle nor thread a killer pass through nor does he have an eye for goal and tends to panic when the ball comes to him in the box. We really need Courthinio back and we need some creativity in the side. Our defending was awful from set pieces again today and the more I see Mignolet play, the more I'm convinced we've traded down on goalkeepers. As for Sterling, I'm struggling to see what he offers beyond his blistering pace.

On the positive side, I thought Sakho looked brilliant today, given that it was his first competitive game and gives some real competition for that place with Enrique. Gerrard getting his 100th goal was icing on the cake of his performance that saw 111 passes made with a 91% pass rate and the SAS partnership looks to continue to grow in strength. As a couple of others have already said, Alberto looked quality when he came on.

well you never saw reina play yesterday, he was once again poor. we certainly have upgraded in the keeper department

I agree with the rest though, Moses for me was simply atrocious,I really do put him in the same bracket as jimmy traore, rodgers also was poor today, how he never took moses off at half time was beyond me, I am convinced moses is black mailing rodgers to play

we are also being too soft on sturridge, yes he scored but he missed a couple of sitters and screwed up some easy easy moves

all in all, very frustrating performance from all around, the main issue being from moses, it seriously was like playing with 10 men with him in the team
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,005 posts | 3952 
      Reply #400: Oct 19, 2013 02:58:43 pm
      This poster is more of an embarrassment than anything on that pitch today.  Yes, we didn't play well, but so his drivelling knee-jerk posts are dripping with bitterness.

Beats the hell out of me how the bitter doom and gloom merchant is still here.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #401: Oct 19, 2013 02:59:01 pm

There is not playing well, and there is not even trying.

Today they weren't even trying for most of the game.

You can forgive the odd game or two where everyone puts the heart and soul into the match but things just don't go our way.

But it's unacceptable to put on a Liverpool shirt and jog around, not make runs, be sloppy off the ball, lose the ball and not track back, and so on, all of which were on display for pretty much the entire match.

That goes beyond "not playing well" and into apathy.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #402: Oct 19, 2013 03:00:12 pm
      The problems are the players. Moses just doesn't look like a match winner and definately not a number 10 to me and Henderson is a fish out of water - he can neither tackle nor thread a killer pass through nor does he have an eye for goal and tends to panic when the ball comes to him in the box. We really need Courthinio back and we need some creativity in the side. Our defending was awful from set pieces again today and the more I see Mignolet play, the more I'm convinced we've traded down on goalkeepers . As for Sterling, I'm struggling to see what he offers beyond his blistering pace.

I'm guessing you didn't see the Roma Napoli game last night.
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #403: Oct 19, 2013 03:00:26 pm
      There is not playing well, and there is not even trying.

Today they weren't even trying for most of the game.

You can forgive the odd game or two where everyone puts the heart and soul into the match but things just don't go our way.

But it's unacceptable to put on a Liverpool shirt and jog around, not make runs, be sloppy off the ball, lose the ball and not track back, and so on, all of which were on display for pretty much the entire match.

That goes beyond "not playing well" and into apathy.

Agreed, Suarez was the only one who gave a sh*t and he doesn't even want to be here.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #404: Oct 19, 2013 03:01:16 pm
      Agreed, Suarez was the only one who gave a sh*t and he doesn't even want to be here.

:lmao:
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,247 posts | 4931 
      Reply #405: Oct 19, 2013 03:01:44 pm
      Top of the league while playing sh*te.

I'll take that for now while we try and improve.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #406: Oct 19, 2013 03:02:44 pm
      I agree with the rest though, Moses for me was simply atrocious,I really do put him in the same bracket as jimmy traore, rodgers also was poor today, how he never took moses off at half time was beyond me, I am convinced moses is black mailing rodgers to play

And put who on though? That's the problem. Looking at our bench today we had no one who could come on and fill that role, let alone mix things up.
      Fowler#23
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 872 posts | 37 
      Reply #407: Oct 19, 2013 03:04:25 pm
      Before the game, I'd have probably taken the point as St James's is generally a tough away fixture (last season was an exception ;D).

After going behind and with our lack lustre tempo, I'd have snatched your hand off for the point, however after we drew level and Newcastle went down to 10 it's got to be 2 points dropped.

Second half we dominated possession but it wasn't until we gifted the oppo yet another goal from a set piece, we looked a real goal threat. For me it was only the last 20 minutes that our attack (Suarez included) really caused the poor Newcastle defence and heart stopping moments.

Alberto was very bright when he came on for Sakho, with the way Newcastle were playing (no real forwards throught the middle), I think we should have reverted to a back four especially when they went down to 10 men a lot earlier.

I thought several times we got into good positions only to see numerous players blaze over. The Sturridge miss from Gerrard's world class ball was a real shocker and summed his game up for me. However he again got on the score sheet (lovely play by Moses and Suarez to put it on a plate for him).

Still in a good position in the league, onwards and upwards lads. BR please get working on our defending on set pieces it's a real achilles heel.

Coutinho can't come back soon enough for me.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #408: Oct 19, 2013 03:04:48 pm

That's the bigger picture, Si. When I have calmed down, I'll probably be thinking along the same lines. Frustrated to F**k at the minute though!
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,452 posts | 212 
      Reply #409: Oct 19, 2013 03:05:27 pm
      And put who on though? That's the problem. Looking at our bench today we had no one who could come on and fill that role, let alone mix things up.

alberto, sterling or allen would have been a massive plus, no way can they play as bad as moses
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,500 posts | 1491 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #410: Oct 19, 2013 03:06:08 pm
      You must be one of those people that make up the "most intelligent supporters in the world" part of our following.  It would seem that a player can be 100% garbage an entire game, but if he does one good thing, suddenly he had a great game.   :roll:

This poster is more of an embarrassment than anything on that pitch today.  Yes, we didn't play well, but  his drivelling knee-jerk posts are dripping with bitterness.

A complete and utter irritating individual. His constant bitching is really starting to get boring. I never responded and I never saw anyone else respond to his posts. Until I saw you respond I thought everyone bar myself had him on ignore.

Completely negative, massively depressive, totally dismissive, completely F***ing obsessed with Borini (mentioned him in this thread), and if we were in a pub I'd have probably told him F**k off to his face by now.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #411: Oct 19, 2013 03:06:41 pm
      I'd be interested to know how many shots we had off target today.

According to the BBC,

On target 7

Off target 16

In total 23.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #412: Oct 19, 2013 03:06:58 pm

Let's do that. The players are tired. Do cut them some slack.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #413: Oct 19, 2013 03:09:28 pm
      We just weren't good enough. Too many players just going through the motions today. These lost (thrown away) points will cost us at the end of the season. Southampton, Swansea, Newcastle.... starting to mount up now.

Yes our bench was poor, but not that bloody poor.

Frustrated more than angry... we deserve better than that.

Quick Reply