Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

May as well be first...I think we're going to seriously challenge for the title.

Read 107785 times
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: May as well be first...I think we're going to seriously challenge for the title.
      Reply #690: Feb 24, 2014 06:13:14 am
      I'm just realy worried about this Southampton game. Get over these cu*ts and I'm really confident we can go on and lift the Title.

Come on lads, this is the game to start the ball rolling. Get the 3 away points especially to a team that rolled us over so easily at home and confidence will be skyrocketing even more.

I BELIEVE.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Re: May as well be first...I think we're going to seriously challenge for the title.
      Reply #691: Feb 24, 2014 06:35:43 am
      I have that feeling you get when you're a goal up in a game and trying to hold on.
      We're up where we want to be, as long as we keep shooting for first place we should at least hold on to forth.
      The Southampton game is a worry for me, but even if we lose there, we can make up for it again against Spurs, City and Chavs.

Champions league here we come!
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #692: Feb 24, 2014 07:34:00 am
      I think we will know whether we are title or just top four contenders after our next three games. If we only get 3 or 4 points from them I think we can kiss our title chances goodbye, and they are not easy games. Get 6 or more points from them and I think we are still in with an outside chance, 3 wins and it's definitely on! 
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #693: Feb 24, 2014 07:51:37 am
      I'm just realy worried about this Southampton game. Get over these cu*ts and I'm really confident we can go on and lift the Title.

Come on lads, this is the game to start the ball rolling. Get the 3 away points especially to a team that rolled us over so easily at home and confidence will be skyrocketing even more.

I BELIEVE.

Damn right Oz!

We're looking above us as opposed to below us now and that's testimony to the manager for getting us in a position at this stage that sees us closer to 1st than it does 5th.

The arse licking that Mourinho receives and poor standard of refereeing give me more doubt than any of our opposition or Skrtel's and Toure's random acts of randomness does.

bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #694: Feb 24, 2014 08:29:38 am
      The good thing about the gap which is developing between us and fifth is that if we're 1-1 at Southampton with ten minutes to go and shipping chances, we don't have to pull Sturridge or Coutinho and hang on for a point. We can risk losing it to give ourselves a bigger chance to win it. That's a huge difference.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #695: Feb 24, 2014 08:55:55 am
      11 games to go, four points adrift from the top - can you say we've challenged for the title now?

Definitely and you can add that we were actually top ourselves for a period as well so I think no matter how the season ends we have challenged for the title this season.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #696: Feb 24, 2014 10:16:59 am
      what is important and relevant is who the F**k would want to play us when we can score 3,4,or 5 goals a game, how do you set up your team to counter that?.
      City and Chelsea know they have to come here and beat us to win the league which is perfect for us because that will play into our strengths counter attacking them.
      We had a bad day against Soton I don't think that will happen again and if we could get some solidity into our defense we are going to take some beating.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #697: Feb 24, 2014 10:23:49 am
      I'm sorry but the Fowlers are with us this season. 

For the last 9 out of 10 seasons the team at the top on Xmas day have won the title.  We were top on Xmas day.

The team with the most goals usually win the title, not those with the best defense although that does help.  We've scored the most goals so far.

Southampton although capable of beating a lot of teams have not been doing so well at home recently having taken only 5 points since the start of December.

The scum we always play well against and they've had some sh**e results at the toilet so nothing to fear there.

For a change we can afford to drop points over the coming weeks and still remain in contention.  The players believe it, Brendan believes it so that just leaves us to believe.

It's on guys, it really is on and boy does it feel good  ;D

LFCexiled
      Reply #698: Feb 24, 2014 10:29:44 am
      I'm sorry but the Fowlers are with us this season. 

For the last 9 out of 10 seasons the team at the top on Xmas day have won the title.  We were top on Xmas day.

The team with the most goals usually win the title, not those with the best defense although that does help.  We've scored the most goals so far.

Southampton although capable of beating a lot of teams have not been doing so well at home recently having taken only 5 points since the start of December.

The scum we always play well against and they've had some sh**e results at the toilet so nothing to fear there.

For a change we can afford to drop points over the coming weeks and still remain in contention.  The players believe it, Brendan believes it so that just leaves us to believe.

It's on guys, it really is on and boy does it feel good  ;D

Reminds me of the build up to Istanbul with all the coincidences and 'happened last time' facts.

Anybody got any more to spice up the run in?
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #699: Feb 24, 2014 10:31:09 am
      Reminds me of the build up to Istanbul with all the coincidences and 'happened last time' facts.

Suarez must be due to come back into form soon.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #700: Feb 24, 2014 10:36:54 am
      It's more like 7 points ahead of Spurs because of our far superior goal difference.

Lose to Chelsea and City, we'll still be above Spurs. Tottenham will have to beat us if they want to finish above us and given that it's at Anfield, I'm confident we'll tw*t them. Same way I am with City and Chelsea.

I am aware of that but my point was simply alluding to the topsy turvey nature of the season so far. If you remember, we where top of the league on Christmas day, 5th four days later. Only winning all our remaining games will guarantee Champion's league qualification next year. We shouldn't take any other amount of points for granted.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #701: Feb 24, 2014 10:37:49 am

Yeah just posted in Brendans thread that we've now got more points at the same stage than the 87/88 season and we all know what happened then.
      Klopp_Tarts
      • Forum Youth Player

• 6 posts |
      Reply #702: Feb 24, 2014 10:51:59 am
      Newcomer here! Not sure why it took me so long to join but I´ve been on several other boards and I love these ones as well. Anyways, when the game vs Swansea was at 3-3 yesterday, I said look, ok, we´ve been ahead twice, once with a two goal lead. If we draw this, its a fair point against a good Swansea team, but it would mean 4th is as far as we go. If we win this game, we can defo push for the title. Next minute Hendo steps up and wins it. So yes, we are in contention. Wether the manager says otherwise or not. How could we not be? We are in contention until we slip up. simple as. You cant have 70 goals in the league after 27 games, be 4 behind 1st and not think you are in contention. Heck, teams have won the title being 7 points behind at this stage.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #703: Feb 24, 2014 11:28:23 am
      Suarez must be due to come back into form soon.

that's what I was saying its actually a positive that's he hasn't been scoring but we have still been winning . I fully expect him to score against Southampton and go on one of his scoring runs which can only be good news.
      Bubonic
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 634 posts | 25 
      Reply #704: Feb 24, 2014 12:17:25 pm
      that's what I was saying its actually a positive that's he hasn't been scoring but we have still been winning . I fully expect him to score against Southampton and go on one of his scoring runs which can only be good news.

Plus, its not like we have been playing to our limits. The problems we have are easy to see and explain, so they can be worked on in
      training. We have only two games now between now and the 16th of March, thats more people back from injury and more defensive
      work.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #705: Feb 24, 2014 12:59:17 pm
      I am aware of that but my point was simply alluding to the topsy turvey nature of the season so far. If you remember, we where top of the league on Christmas day, 5th four days later. Only winning all our remaining games will guarantee Champion's league qualification next year. We shouldn't take any other amount of points for granted.

But winning all our remaining games will more than likely guarantee the League Title as opposed to fourth. (not that that's a bad thing mind)
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #706: Feb 24, 2014 01:04:47 pm
      You know what, it's still weird that while i believe we will win the Title this Season it's a certain set of games i'm worried about. It's Cardiff, West Ham and Palace away.

These are the only games i am worried about.
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #707: Feb 24, 2014 01:19:35 pm
      Mathematically, it's City's to lose.  They have the game in hand and the best points difference....  Also having beat The Chavs a few days ago.

If we somewhat stumble I'd prefer them to win over Jose.  I really hate that toss pot.

We should be aiming for the top of course, but let's make it a battle against Arsenal first.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #708: Feb 24, 2014 01:37:03 pm
      If we don't win it then I'd like Arsenal to win it, the only other genuine football club in the top 4. Having said that I'm also starting to get a feeling that we might just do this. We aren't playing brilliantly at the moment but we are still gaining points, if we click into gear and Suarez snaps out of his very slight dip in form then we'll be unstoppable.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #709: Feb 24, 2014 02:21:38 pm
      Quote from nnilswerdna
      Mathematically, it's City's to lose.  They have the game in hand and the best points difference....  Also having beat The Chavs a few days ago.

If we somewhat stumble I'd prefer them to win over Jose.  I really hate that toss pot.

We should be aiming for the top of course, but let's make it a battle against Arsenal first.

If we can't win it, I don't care which of them wins it. I have no admiration for or grudge against any of them. But it's still great to actually discuss a title race with the mancs off the radar.

Back to us anyway. We've taken 32 points from 45 in the busy December to February games. Three of the contenders play next weekend, and points will be dropped. We just have to ensure we do our job, and we'll know what's at stake before ko. We will go above City with a win and go 14 (+1) points clear of the mancs.

After these games, 5 of the last 8 are at home, so 6+ points before we beat Spurs up, will put us in a great position.
      manwithnoname
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 31 
      Reply #710: Feb 25, 2014 12:24:11 pm
      I suppose when choosing a title winner, it always comes down to which club you hate the least.

Obviously nobody wants Chelsea to win, because they are cu*ts from top to bottom.

So that leaves Arsenal and City. Arsenal have the shttest fans in the Premiership and that myopic arl tw*t Wenger in charge. City have a fairly unassuming serial loser of a manager, but their success is nothing to do with him, and everything to do with their Arab oil money. Which is irritating.

It's almost impossible to choose between City and Arsenal as to which team I'd least hate to win.

If pushed....er........um.. ....oh, it's impossible. Anyone but Chelsea.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #711: Feb 25, 2014 12:30:15 pm
      For me personally, City would be the least offensive of the teams in the running if we can't win it.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #712: Feb 25, 2014 12:36:10 pm
      In all honesty anybody but United winning it has to be an improvement. Liverpool winning it would obviously be a BIG improvement :)

Quick Reply