Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

May as well be first...I think we're going to seriously challenge for the title.

Read 107787 times
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Re: May as well be first...I think we're going to seriously challenge for the title.
      Reply #736: Feb 27, 2014 12:44:11 am
      Quote from 7-King Kenny-7
      Why the hell are you referring back to the League Cup game?! One it was bloody ages ago and we have since gotten better, they have since gotten worse and we also were denied by the woodwork in that game.

You say yourself that we battered them for 90minutes then why would you expect any less than a win this time around when we are now smashing in goals for fun where as back then we were scraping wins by the skin of our teeth.

We couldn't beat West Brom in the league last season but we beat them in the cup, something that shouldn't happen by your logic. Every game is different and to write our chances of a win off based on a 1-0 victory they scraped against us when we battered them is pathetic.

We battered them in every aspect last time and failed to score any of our 17 odd shots, are you seriously going to write us of scoring at least a couple if we have that many shots again given the form that Suarez, Sturridge, Sterling and Coutinho are in?!

Madness. Not like it's a massive game where we are all fired up for a win or anything, then there's you sat in the corner quietly praying for a draw if possible.

I think you're missing the point.

It's the mancs away. A place where our record is poor, regardless who was doing better in the league. A place where you pray to get out of there without another loss. Even after battering them there in the League Cup, we still didnt win.

We struggled to win at Fulham, so beating the mancs away is going to be the task it's always been. They will be up for it and it's fair to say our defence will be tested. So any thoughts of 5-1 is madness. 1-0 will suit me fine. And I wouldn't say no to a point if we needed to rescue one either.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: May as well be first...I think we're going to seriously challenge for the title.
      Reply #737: Feb 27, 2014 01:03:42 am
      I think you're missing the point.

It's the mancs away. A place where our record is poor, regardless who was doing better in the league. A place where you pray to get out of there without another loss. Even after battering them there in the League Cup, we still didnt win.

We struggled to win at Fulham, so beating the mancs away is going to be the task it's always been. They will be up for it and it's fair to say our defence will be tested. So any thoughts of 5-1 is madness. 1-0 will suit me fine. And I wouldn't say no to a point if we needed to rescue one either.

Not missing any point at all, it's just clear for all to see you have already written us off.

So you put about how we struggled to win at Fulham but fail to mention the 5-0 win we had at Spurs...

5-1 isn't madness at all, we done them 4-1 before and that was when they were much stronger than they are now. As for it being a place where you pray to not lose, well them days are long gone for every team because they are no longer a force at home.

Don't get why you say about them being up for it and how our defence will be tested yet we have the two top scorers in the league, one of them players is also at the top of the assists chart and fail to say about our lads being up for it. Our players will be up for this game, no doubt about it. You're also forgetting that this could potentially be a game where we see an even better than before performance from Suarez because he thrives on the challenge and he will love to get one over on the Mancs and especially Evra.

It doesn't shock me at all that you are viewing it in the way you are, come to expect it. We are going to the Old Toilet and we will be coming away with 3 points, if you think different then maybe this club isn't for you.
      siavashiva
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 807 posts | 112 
      Reply #738: Feb 27, 2014 01:09:29 am
      I am much more concerned about the Saints game than the one at Old Toilet tbh. Pretty confident we will tear them a new one.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #739: Feb 27, 2014 01:19:05 am
      I am much more concerned about the Saints game than the one at Old Toilet tbh. Pretty confident we will tear them a new one.

Me to.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #740: Feb 27, 2014 01:27:06 am
      Quote from 7-King Kenny-7
      Not missing any point at all, it's just clear for all to see you have already written us off.

5-1 isn't madness at all, we done them 4-1 before and that was when they were much stronger than they are now. As for it being a place where you pray to not lose, well them days are long gone for every team because they are no longer a force at home.

Don't get why you say about them being up for it and how our defence will be tested yet we have the two top scorers in the league, one of them players is also at the top of the assists chart and fail to say about our lads being up for it. Our players will be up for this game, no doubt about it. You're also forgetting that this could potentially be a game where we see an even better than before performance from Suarez because he thrives on the challenge and he will love to get one over on the Mancs and especially Evra.

It doesn't shock me at all that you are viewing it in the way you are, come to expect it. We are going to the Old Toilet and we will be coming away with 3 points

I haven't written us off, I'm just realistic. We've won 6 times there since 1981. So wins for us there are very rare.

This year, we've gone to Arsenal, City, Chelsea, and the mancs, and the outcome was the same on all 5 occasions. The next trip to the mancs is going to be every bit as difficult to get a result from as they were, let alone whack 5 in.

You'll tell me about the decisions in those games and you're right, but the results are what they are. I want us to win there of course, but the most important thing is we don't lose. Again.
      « Last Edit: Feb 27, 2014 02:03:40 am by lfc across the water »
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #741: Feb 27, 2014 02:02:15 am
      On March 16th I want us to expose every fault and every weakness of the Scum.

I want us to treat Judgement Day as the very day we knock them off their plastic perch and they end up beak down in the bird sh*t at the bottom of the cage.

I want them traumatised so bad that they come to the realisation that they were nothing for two decades .
      The were only the Great Pretenders and we have come back to take our crown.

May that day be the day, when they realise that we were only sleeping and we have woken up.

May that day be the day, that we break them.

Then we go on to take the title.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #742: Feb 27, 2014 06:00:04 am
      Nervous about the Saints game but it's not do or die.

If we win, we're not guaranteed to go on a terrific run and win the league.

If we lose, likewise we're not guaranteed to be out of the title chase.

But after we do win, we move on and concentrate on the next game. Each game is just as important as the next and the one after. Keep our cool, concentrate on the small things and keep our performances levels in attack and we will definitely be up there.

Suarez hasn't scored in 5 either and we're still putting 4 and 5 past teams. That's an incredible feat for us. If he starts to tick again and get the goals his performances deserve then as long as we don't defend worse than the Swansea game we'll be fine.

However in saying that, if we beat Saints I will be screaming "LEAGUE CHAMPIONS" in short term delusion ;D
      rez
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 101 posts |
      Reply #743: Feb 27, 2014 01:47:34 pm

I want us to treat Judgement Day as the very day we knock them off their plastic perch and they end up beak down in the bird sh*t at the bottom of the cage.

I want them traumatised so bad that they come to the realisation that they were nothing for two decades .

May that day be the day, when they realise that we were only sleeping and we have woken up.

I had visions of Mel Gibson in a kilt up on a horse while I read that!!

:D
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #744: Feb 27, 2014 02:02:05 pm
      However in saying that, if we beat Saints I will be screaming "LEAGUE CHAMPIONS" in short term delusion

Go 'ed lad!
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #745: Feb 27, 2014 02:30:20 pm
      I had visions of Mel Gibson in a kilt up on a horse while I read that!!

:D

Good Innit. ;D

I like it .

but (totally irrelevant )   I do like this even better  ......

Oh Yes  ..............

Jaguar 2014 Big Game Commercial | British Villains 'Rendezvous' | Jaguar USA
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #746: Feb 27, 2014 04:49:17 pm

Love it!!  Brought a huge smile to my face :)  Was going to upvote, but the page seems to be down at the moment.... 
      RomaN
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 158 posts | 38 
      Reply #747: Feb 27, 2014 05:45:16 pm

One of the best posts I've ever read on here :D
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #748: Feb 27, 2014 06:07:28 pm

I  read this at lunch time and had a tear in my eye! since then I've read other peoples comments on the post and don't seem too much of a big girls blouse now  :-[
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #749: Feb 27, 2014 06:15:02 pm

Skip, the sleeping part of your post reminds me so much of what Bill Shankly  said when he arrived at our club back in December 1959.Liverpool Football Club is a sleeping giant just waiting to wake up. How right Bill was.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #750: Feb 27, 2014 06:52:43 pm
      Yeah, and that giant has had a well earned rest now, and is ready to put everyone else to the sword again.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #751: Feb 27, 2014 10:07:46 pm
      Nervous about the Saints game but it's not do or die.

If we win, we're not guaranteed to go on a terrific run and win the league.

If we lose, likewise we're not guaranteed to be out of the title chase.

But after we do win, we move on and concentrate on the next game. Each game is just as important as the next and the one after. Keep our cool, concentrate on the small things and keep our performances levels in attack and we will definitely be up there.

Suarez hasn't scored in 5 either and we're still putting 4 and 5 past teams. That's an incredible feat for us. If he starts to tick again and get the goals his performances deserve then as long as we don't defend worse than the Swansea game we'll be fine.

However in saying that, if we beat Saints I will be screaming "LEAGUE CHAMPIONS" in short term delusion ;D

Two fantastic posts from Top Reds.

I'm the same as you Crouchie mate, come out of this game against Southampton with nothing less then 3 points and I will be screaming Champions as soon as the final whistle goes. Lose or draw and I still think we could give it a good shake but the confidence levels may diminish a bit. Massive game coming up.

Euro mate, that would make my Century. Sick of those F***ing cocky cu*ts who we haven't heard from for some 6 months now, so I wanna shove our success so far up their F***ing arses. Payback for the last 20+ years of sh*t they have been giving us, is gonna be F***ing awesome.

I also have visions of this forum WHEN we do win the Title this season. The place will go into overdrive and everyone and I mean everyone will only have positive things to say about the Club.

F***ing ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #752: Feb 27, 2014 10:14:22 pm
      Skip, the sleeping part of your post reminds me so much of what Bill Shankly  said when he arrived at our club back in December 1959.Liverpool Football Club is a sleeping giant just waiting to wake up. How right Bill was.

The whole city woke up in the early 60's not just the club it was a timely coincidence that just married the city and the club together,
      Its pretty much the same again today the City is buzzing and vibrant again.
      Maybe Brendan like Bill has arrived at a time where everything aligns perfectly and an  incredible journey starts again
      TheShanklyGates
      • Forum Ian St John

• 438 posts |
      Reply #753: Feb 28, 2014 08:39:54 am

The best thing I've read on here. Our time is coming around again,lets put that lot to the sword for once and for all and claim back what's rightfully ours.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #754: Feb 28, 2014 08:44:52 am
      I'll start believing if we can put Southampton to the sword, these are the games where we've dropped silly points all season long, if we'd beat West Brom and Villa instead of the draws, we'd be sat top now.
      yacster
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 524 posts |
      Reply #755: Feb 28, 2014 08:51:28 am
      The spurs win yesterday can really play into our hands. Benfica over two legs could seriously derail their league form and Norwich beat a tired spurs on Sunday remember.

The sooner we put spurs to bed, the sooner all the fans can concentrate on the title battle rather than the battle for 4th
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #756: Feb 28, 2014 10:27:03 am
      The spurs win yesterday can really play into our hands. Benfica over two legs could seriously derail their league form and Norwich beat a tired spurs on Sunday remember.

The sooner we put spurs to bed, the sooner all the fans can concentrate on the title battle rather than the battle for 4th

I'm already focussing on the title challenge, I really think we have 4th place sown up now barring some huge collapse in form, injuries to 5 players simultaneously etc. Spurs are to wobbly at the moment and Neverton seem to have gone off the boil, the more said about Manure's glorious loss of form the better :-)
      poolio_54
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 376 posts | 11 
      Reply #757: Mar 01, 2014 08:30:41 pm
      Starting to believe that maybe jus maybe we can do this! Every game is a cup final now n it ain't gonna be easy but maybe jus maybe. All I know is feels damn good to be in this position
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #758: Mar 01, 2014 08:33:04 pm
      Starting to believe that maybe jus maybe we can do this! Every game is a cup final now n it ain't gonna be easy but maybe jus maybe. All I know is feels damn good to be in this position

whilst we have Luis ,Stevie,Daniel,Phillipe,Jordan.Raheem, then we can all believe

Quick Reply