Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

May as well be first...I think we're going to seriously challenge for the title.

Read 107801 times
      RedLFCBlood
      Re: May as well be first...I think we're going to seriously challenge for the title.
      Reply #759: Mar 01, 2014 08:39:51 pm
      I'll start believing if we can put Southampton to the sword, these are the games where we've dropped silly points all season long, if we'd beat West Brom and Villa instead of the draws, we'd be sat top now.

Can't believe I'm going to do this to myself but 'Its On' :D
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Re: May as well be first...I think we're going to seriously challenge for the title.
      Reply #760: Mar 01, 2014 08:41:29 pm

this is how we win titles mate the hard way
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #761: Mar 01, 2014 08:48:32 pm
      Number 19 is in our grasp and we can take points from Chelsea and City if we believe in ourselves .
      DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Reply #762: Mar 01, 2014 08:48:37 pm
      loving the result!

anyone else was genuinely worried during the first half?  we went ahead and southhampton could've easily got a couple before the break.  we were pressured, our passing was horrendous and we lost all momentum.  i was thinking to myself we need to hang on till halftime so we can regroup.

that 2nd goal was massive for us.... and the fact they didnt pop one in before we scored again. 

i've heard it many times before and i agree with it.  to be champions, you got to play well, play consistent but most importantly, gotta have some luck (them hitting that post)

well done lads! 
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #763: Mar 01, 2014 08:51:45 pm

Yay we have a new recruit, welcome to the "we believe Club" Daz  ;D
      poolio_54
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 376 posts | 11 
      Reply #764: Mar 01, 2014 09:02:02 pm
      Have to say I don't post an awful lot despite havin been on the forum for a fair few years now and at times the arguing stemming from frustration has been seriously bitter n is what has kept me away. It's amazing what difference a good season can make n at the minute it's great to feel the buzz on here n feel like we're all supporting the same team again, n long may it continue. Come on WE can do this!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #765: Mar 01, 2014 09:05:24 pm
      MY name is John and yes I am a believer.....
      yacster
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 524 posts |
      Reply #766: Mar 01, 2014 09:10:26 pm
      I am getting a believe t shirt. Now let's kick some Manc ass
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #767: Mar 01, 2014 09:11:59 pm
      For all that I believe this is the year we can win it I'd actually not be too disappointed if we didn't.  That's not meant as a negative btw as I still believe we'll win it with this team.

We're on a very steep learning curve, we have a very young squad, a young, inexperienced but exceptional Manager so all the hallmarks are there for the future.

Ah f**k it, course we're going to win it, it's written in the stars  ;D
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #768: Mar 01, 2014 09:25:31 pm
      Regardless of where we finish if we continue to play attacking football that Shankly himself would be proud of then I for one will be very proud of Brendan and his team regardless of our final position.#
      But I want to see Lime street full once more in my lifetime because seeing 1miilion reds on the streets of Liverpool is a sight that you carry with you to your grave
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #769: Mar 01, 2014 09:28:39 pm
      Regardless of where we finish if we continue to play attacking football that Shankly himself would be proud of then I for one will be very proud of Brendan and his team regardless of our final position.#
      But I want to see Lime street full once more in my lifetime because seeing 1miilion reds on the streets of Liverpool is a sight that you carry with you to your grave

I'll be there mate, I'm not missing out on the biggest party of my lifetime  ;D
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #770: Mar 01, 2014 09:30:41 pm
      I'll be there mate, I'm not missing out on the biggest party of my lifetime  ;D

A million might just be an underestimate 2005 took my breath away it was by far the best celebration in our history if we win the league I fully expect that to be surpassed
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #771: Mar 01, 2014 09:32:17 pm
      A million might just be an underestimate 2005 took my breath away it was by far the best celebration in our history if we win the league I fully expect that to be surpassed

I'm sure it will mate.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #772: Mar 01, 2014 09:37:16 pm
      Got no problem with such optimistic thinking even if personally I think it's highly unlikely.

While you do raise some good reasons why its possible it crucially depends on Suarez

a) not going in January
      b) staying fit all season long (as I'm sure you would agree we do not have sufficient forward cover)
      c) not biting anyone/getting himself a ban

Hope so. 

Well JD he is still here in march, he has yet to bite someone and he is stronger and fitter than ever what do you think can we win this league/
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #773: Mar 01, 2014 09:57:52 pm
      Well JD he is still here in march, he has yet to bite someone and he is stronger and fitter than ever what do you think can we win this league/

I never said we couldn't win the league did I? I said it was highly unlikely back in November.  I'm prepared to drop the 'highly' now. ;)
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #774: Mar 01, 2014 10:15:45 pm
      I never said we couldn't win the league did I? I said it was highly unlikely back in November.  I'm prepared to drop the 'highly' now. ;)
      I don't think that there's many of us who thought we'd be in with a shot at this point of the season , except for the prophet that is . ;D

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #775: Mar 01, 2014 10:16:26 pm

I still think we need a fair bit to go for us.
      A lot more than goes against us anyway.
      It's that "perfect storm" thing again.

saying that, I also want to believe.
      So I will  :laugh:
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #776: Mar 01, 2014 10:17:04 pm
      Another hurdle surmounted. Now hopefully we won't have to recover 10 points before we go to the hellhole.

Time to look to Spurs and Villa for some favours in the meantime.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #777: Mar 01, 2014 10:28:11 pm
      Them Newcastle tickets could be like gold dust!
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #778: Mar 01, 2014 11:58:14 pm
      F**k the challenge, I think we'll win the League
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #779: Mar 02, 2014 04:18:27 am
      I think this is the second time this season that Liverpool have pegged Arsenal back from a sizeable points deficit between the two clubs. After we had lost to Hull at the start of December we were trailing them by 7 points only to be top on Christmas Day. After our draw against West Brom (only 4 weeks ago) we were 8 points behind them. To have roared back at them at such speed has been breathtaking and no doubt deeply unsettling for the Gooners.
      « Last Edit: Mar 02, 2014 05:24:47 am by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #780: Mar 02, 2014 05:18:06 am
      I think all season the idea of winning the title has been in the back of my mind. I mean, at the beginning of every season I always want it. And until we're well and truly out, I'm pulling for it. But that doesn't mean I have a serious feeling that it's actually a distinct possibility. Does that make sense? You see you're in the race, but you have that sinking gut feeling that it just won't turn out that way. I'm naturally cautious with jumping up and down as I have had too many friends run me through the wash after trumpeting too soon :D But it's just me as well, I'm quietly cautious when it comes to these things.

But F**k it. That's gone.

Genuine feels now. It's ours to grasp if we want it.

We're not top, we have ground to make up. But with the lack of any other competition, the way we are playing - bar injury, we can genuinely kick the sh*t out of anyone on our day. Man City, Chelsea - F**k em. We have the talent and the system to run anyone down in 90 minutes. The Suarez beast has morphed into a gang up front, in which Suarez is simply the leader of a thirsty pack of goalscoring dogs that are constantly searching out the goal. Our offense is a title winning offense, and it is F***ing b-e-a-utiful.

Defense, yeah. We all know. But keep scoring the way we are, and keep improving. It can happen. Today was a good start in the run in.

The red nets. The "let me entertain you" style of play. The hometown hero. The international superstar. The heavy english influence on the side (as opposed to the likes of City and co). Feels a bit like the old days, eh? F**k me, them weren't bad days either.

Lets roll on and win this F***ing thing.
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #781: Mar 02, 2014 05:58:58 am
      I think all season the idea of winning the title has been in the back of my mind. I mean, at the beginning of every season I always want it. And until we're well and truly out, I'm pulling for it. But that doesn't mean I have a serious feeling that it's actually a distinct possibility. Does that make sense? You see you're in the race, but you have that sinking gut feeling that it just won't turn out that way. I'm naturally cautious with jumping up and down as I have had too many friends run me through the wash after trumpeting too soon :D But it's just me as well, I'm quietly cautious when it comes to these things.

But f**k it. That's gone.

Genuine feels now. It's ours to grasp if we want it.

We're not top, we have ground to make up. But with the lack of any other competition, the way we are playing - bar injury, we can genuinely kick the sh*t out of anyone on our day. Man City, Chelsea - f**k em. We have the talent and the system to run anyone down in 90 minutes. The Suarez beast has morphed into a gang up front, in which Suarez is simply the leader of a thirsty pack of goalscoring dogs that are constantly searching out the goal. Our offense is a title winning offense, and it is f**king b-e-a-utiful.

Defense, yeah. We all know. But keep scoring the way we are, and keep improving. It can happen. Today was a good start in the run in.

The red nets. The "let me entertain you" style of play. The hometown hero. The international superstar. The heavy english influence on the side (as opposed to the likes of City and co). Feels a bit like the old days, eh? F**k me, them weren't bad days either.

Lets roll on and win this f**king thing.

Boss.

F***ing right mate. We're F***ing Liverpool Football Club. Come in our path and we'll F***ing boot you out of the park.

Quick Reply