Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

May as well be first...I think we're going to seriously challenge for the title.

Read 108435 times
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Re: May as well be first...I think we're going to seriously challenge for the title.
      Reply #920: Mar 22, 2014 02:18:33 pm
      i've already booked my hotel for that game against newcastle. it's gonna be one big party :)
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Re: May as well be first...I think we're going to seriously challenge for the title.
      Reply #921: Mar 22, 2014 02:19:47 pm
      Well, looking at the Chavs result today, looks like its down to a one horse, one pony and a chihuahua race

arsenal are sucha  bunch of pussies. i know we turned them over big style too but F**k sake, at least have some balls to stop the chavs. can't wait till chavs come to anfield
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,008 posts | 3352 
      Reply #922: Mar 22, 2014 05:09:07 pm
      And now you're gonna believe us...
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #923: Mar 22, 2014 05:32:31 pm
      I want us to win it so badly so instead of us old farts telling everyone about our history we can all say we saw it we witnessed it and it was glorious.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #924: Mar 22, 2014 05:47:43 pm
      I'd be interested to find out which match people think is more important; City on the 13th or Chelsea on the 27th. I think if we can put one over on City it'll give us an amazing amount of confidence to carry into the Chelsea match. What I like most about the team now is that there is no sense of inadequacy about the squad. They seem to believe that every game is winnable, especially at home, and yet there isn't any arrogance like Mourinho's Chelsea. I think Rodgers deserves a lot of credit for that.

I think City are the biggest hurdle...They have 2 matches in hand and were 2nd behind them in GD. However Chelsea just destroyed Arsenal and added +6 on their GD. What a season. Do Chelsea and City meet again?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #925: Mar 22, 2014 05:51:56 pm
      we have a great record against City at Anfield lets beat Sunderland and go on from there
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,146 posts | 2777 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #926: Mar 22, 2014 06:50:14 pm
      Beat Sunderland and get within a point of Chelsea, then we go from there
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #927: Mar 22, 2014 06:58:22 pm
      The only thing stopping us from winning this is the attitude of our team, WE CAN DO THIS!
      poolio_54
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 376 posts | 11 
      Reply #928: Mar 22, 2014 07:51:04 pm
      The only thing stopping us from winning this is the attitude of our team, WE CAN DO THIS!

Have to disagree some what we still need other teams to do us a favour by taking points of city, let's jus hope united can turn into a team above the shower of s#ite they have been all season for one game. All we can do is focus on ourselves though n I've no doubt we CAN do this but if even if we fall slightly short we can hold our heads held high at the end of the season. I'm loving hearing the neutral fan cooing over us especially after the all round kicking we've had over the last couple of years
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #929: Mar 22, 2014 08:14:23 pm
      Have to disagree some what we still need other teams to do us a favour by taking points of city, let's jus hope united can turn into a team above the shower of s#ite they have been all season for one game. All we can do is focus on ourselves though n I've no doubt we CAN do this but if even if we fall slightly short we can hold our heads held high at the end of the season. I'm loving hearing the neutral fan cooing over us especially after the all round kicking we've had over the last couple of years

Of course we need other teams to drop points What I'm referring to is if we don't drop a single point the pressure is on the other teams with bigger games to play in !
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #930: Mar 22, 2014 09:24:45 pm
      what we still need other teams to do us a favour by taking points of city,

We need them to draw just one game, so that's just one team not to lose to them and providing we win all our games we've won the title. 

It's closer than some people realise.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #931: Mar 22, 2014 09:27:38 pm
      We need them to draw just one game, so that's just one team not to lose to them and providing we win all our games we've won the title. 

It is Debs.
      We are on THEIR shoulder. They are the ones to crack.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #932: Mar 22, 2014 09:36:14 pm

Certainly is Debs, City have the 6th best record in away games in the league (you'd be shocked to see who's top). They've still got to go to United, Arsenal, Everton, Palace and Us, I expect them to drop points in at least 2 of those games and if they do, as long as we win all ours then we win the league :)
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #933: Mar 22, 2014 09:39:47 pm
      Sky must be delirious they've got all our games in April we're the hottest ticket in football atm
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #934: Mar 22, 2014 09:45:18 pm
      It is Debs.

We're the Parrot on the shoulder of Citeh one slip up by them and we're back on our perch!
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #935: Mar 22, 2014 09:54:08 pm
      It is Debs.

Certainly is Debs, City have the 6th best record in away games in the league (you'd be shocked to see who's top). They've still got to go to United, Arsenal, Everton, Palace and Us, I expect them to drop points in at least 2 of those games and if they do, as long as we win all ours then we win the league :)

With a bit of luck both City and Chelsea will have dropped sufficient points by the time we play them we won't need to beat either of them and still win it.

Now that would be cool  ;D
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #936: Mar 22, 2014 10:05:03 pm
      I honestly feel Citeh will drop points in coming weeks and we will beat them on the 14th

Chelsea is the worry, their fixture list is the easiest of the top 4 and I fear they'll do a number on us at anfield. Exciting times all the same
      Bubonic
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 634 posts | 25 
      Reply #937: Mar 22, 2014 10:07:28 pm

That does require us to break the record for consecutive wins, but sure thats what records are for
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,598 posts | 2156 
      Reply #938: Mar 22, 2014 10:47:23 pm
      It's a hell of a title race, I would still probably put the chavs as the favourites, particularly after today's beating of Arsenal who look like they could now be out of it. I think the Mourinho factor is the biggest thing they have going for them and the fact they are strong (and fecking boring) defensively. City might just get back to the form they were showing before now that they are out of the Champions League but they do have some tough away days in there. It's very difficult to call. I think if we can beat them both at Anfield then we will do it, if we don't we probably won't. The Chelsea fixture has to be the toughest of the bunch, I think we would need to be a little less gung go and more patient in that one, match them in the middle of tea park (which means no 2 up top and no diamond).

Whatever happens its been a fecking joy to watch us play this season and to finally be back in the race!!! I've loved this season
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,263 posts | 6365 
      Reply #939: Mar 23, 2014 12:22:32 am
      Here's a stat for you, whenever we have scored 78 or more goals we have won the league title.

We are at 82.

Kharhaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 685 posts | 200 
      Reply #940: Mar 23, 2014 12:23:45 am
      Feck Chelsea, we will rip them a new one at Anfield and put there boring style to bed. We will beat them simply because they have no style, and we ooze it.

For me City are the team, beat them and we will have this league wrapped up.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,146 posts | 2777 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #941: Mar 23, 2014 12:54:15 am
      City will drop points at us and potentially could drop points at utd and Arsenal. We just need to keep winning and if neither us or Chelsea drop points before we play each other we will be 1 point behind them going into that game, Id take that now
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #942: Mar 23, 2014 02:43:34 am
      City will drop points at us and potentially could drop points at utd and Arsenal. We just need to keep winning and if neither us or Chelsea drop points before we play each other we will be 1 point behind them going into that game, Id take that now
      Speaking about Chelsea, we should hope they beat paris st germain in cl quarters as they will then have to play a semi final on the 24th of april, then they play us on 27th and the second leg of the semi final on 30th. Lets hope they will get an away leg first!

Quick Reply