Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre Inquest Hearing Updates

Read 14907 times
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Pre Inquest Hearing Updates
      Dec 16, 2013 09:46:17 am
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Re: Pre Inquest Hearing Updates
      Reply #1: Dec 16, 2013 03:12:24 pm
      Interesting stuff but the Police FEd etc still seem to think its ok to stall delay and mislead.No change there then
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #2: Dec 16, 2013 05:30:06 pm
      Hillsborough video's '10 minute' gap
      A Hillsborough pre-inquest hearing has been told a police video of the tragedy has 10 minutes of footage missing.
      Pete Weatherby barrister for some of the families said one of the police tapes had an ''unexplained 10 minutes of footage missing''.
      New inquests into 96 fan's deaths to take place in March will consider the emergency services response for the first time.
      Thirteen former or serving police officers have declined to speak to the police watchdog's Hillsborough inquiry.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-25399435

The silence is deafening.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #3: Dec 16, 2013 08:25:06 pm
      Very much so Stu.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #4: Dec 16, 2013 10:14:32 pm
      You could not make this up.

Tampering with evidence, but the guilty will go unpunished.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #5: Dec 16, 2013 10:16:53 pm
      Hillsborough video's '10 minute' gap
      A Hillsborough pre-inquest hearing has been told a police video of the tragedy has 10 minutes of footage missing.
      Pete Weatherby barrister for some of the families said one of the police tapes had an ''unexplained 10 minutes of footage missing''.
      New inquests into 96 fan's deaths to take place in March will consider the emergency services response for the first time.
      Thirteen former or serving police officers have declined to speak to the police watchdog's Hillsborough inquiry.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-25399435

The silence is deafening.

Hopefully they're given powers to force these people to give evidence. Their jobs are to uphold the law, refusing to speak to the court is tantamount to contradicting that oath they took on entering service with 'the force'. It absolutely stinks of guilt and they should not be allowed to simply decline.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #6: Dec 16, 2013 10:58:43 pm
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #7: Dec 17, 2013 12:17:58 am
      An exerpt from the above Stuey:

Pete Weatherby QC, who is representing 22 families from the Hillsborough Justice Campaign, said there was an “an unexplained 10-minute gap" in one of the 20-minute tapes.

A second tape, which was expected to contain continuous footage, was found to be adulterated with film from the first tape.

How the punishment can ever fit this crime I don't know and at this stage I've stopped being shocked by the level of corruption.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #8: Dec 17, 2013 10:40:29 am
      An exerpt from the above Stuey:

Pete Weatherby QC, who is representing 22 families from the Hillsborough Justice Campaign, said there was an “an unexplained 10-minute gap" in one of the 20-minute tapes.

A second tape, which was expected to contain continuous footage, was found to be adulterated with film from the first tape.

How the punishment can ever fit this crime I don't know and at this stage I've stopped being shocked by the level of corruption.

You're right mate it is totally unbelievable that the whole inquiry has been rigged from day 1 by the establishment, what defies credibility is the fact there are still obstacles being erected by the same culprits who think they are untouchable.
      Their days are numbered, platitudes and plaudits are observed and acknowledged but the 96 will see justice and rest deservedly.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #9: Dec 17, 2013 08:44:24 pm
      Their days are numbered, platitudes and plaudits are observed and acknowledged but the 96 will see justice and rest deservedly.

We live in hope mate.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #10: Dec 18, 2013 08:48:00 am

That hope snowball is rolling and getting bigger Luke:

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/hillsborough-families-call-police-officers-6409812

Lord Justice Goldberg ruled that the names of the officers refusing to cooperate must be disclosed.
      Andrew O' Connor counsel for the IPPC had told the hearing that the names could not be released for 'operational' reasons.

Lord Justice Goldberg however said ''it is perfectly straightforward, the information will be disclosed to me and if relevant will be passed on to interested parties''.

Right there is an example of how the establishment web of falsehood is to be dismantled, the process will be arduous but the liars at the heart of the conspiracy are fully aware of how close justice is looming. 
      « Last Edit: Dec 18, 2013 09:20:04 am by stuey »
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #11: Dec 18, 2013 11:02:32 am

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/hillsborough-families-call-police-officers-6409812

Lord Justice Goldberg ruled that the names of the officers refusing to cooperate must be disclosed.
      Andrew O' Connor counsel for the IPPC had told the hearing that the names could not be released for 'operational' reasons.

Lord Justice Goldberg however said ''it is perfectly straightforward, the information will be disclosed to me and if relevant will be passed on to interested parties''.

Right there is an example of how the establishment web of falsehood is to be dismantled, the process will be arduous but the liars at the heart of the conspiracy are fully aware of how close justice is looming. 

Stuey I do believe that the Inquests will leave no stone unturned this time and will follow the wishes of the families regardless of what the establishment want.

bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #12: Dec 18, 2013 11:07:54 am
      I do believe that the Inquests will leave no stone unturned this time and will follow the wishes of the families regardless of what the establishment want.
      They've no-where left to hide 'debs and no f**ker wants to be seen giving them any succour. Their time, no matter how late, has come. I hope they suffer.  >:D
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #13: Dec 18, 2013 11:19:09 am
      They've no-where left to hide 'debs and no f**ker wants to be seen giving them any succour. Their time, no matter how late, has come. I hope they suffer.  >:D

Exactly mate.  They'll get their comeuppance once and for all and although it's taken far, far too long to get there it'll be all the sweeter when we do   >:D
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #14: Dec 18, 2013 02:36:52 pm
      Stuey I do believe that the Inquests will leave no stone unturned this time and will follow the wishes of the families regardless of what the establishment want.

We couldn't have wished for a better start Debs, Lord Justice Goldberg is demonstrating where the power lies and the police puppet in the form of the IPPC have to play it by the book. The F***ing nonsense of the past 23 years is not admissible, in spite of the gallant words and ''condemnation'' of some sacrificial officials the IPPC is the same tool of the establishment that sought to dishonour the victims.
      We are confronted by the same monster it appears. 
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #15: Dec 18, 2013 03:42:17 pm
      We couldn't have wished for a better start Debs, Lord Justice Goldberg is demonstrating where the power lies and the police puppet in the form of the IPPC have to play it by the book. The f**king nonsense of the past 23 years is not admissible, in spite of the gallant words and ''condemnation'' of some sacrificial officials the IPPC is the same tool of the establishment that sought to dishonour the victims.
      We are confronted by the same monster it appears. 

But this time the monster has lost it's weapon mate.  It can no longer hide behind its web of lies, because those lies have been found out.

Unlike the establishment that hid all the evidence away never to be viewed again (they hoped), the families and survivors worked together collating information, building their own portfolio of the bigger picture.  The jigsaw was finally revealed on 12th September 2012, still missing plenty of pieces but we had enough that the world could no longer deny what we'd been fighting for for so long.

Those families know more about the events of Hillsborough than anyone involved in the cover up or the ongoing inquiries.  It's no surprise that each time an inappropriate person has been put forward as part of the inquiries, the families have responded to have them removed, with good reason.  They know they can't put a foot wrong this time, we're one step ahead of them and have evidence to back it up.

whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #16: Dec 18, 2013 09:43:15 pm

That's promising news stuey, hopefully it won't be brushed under the carpet again.  I've not been around much lately or been able to follow updates but it is astonishing how SYP, et al have lied and got away with it*, my god, along with all the other disgusting wrong-doings by "our nations" POLICE force, now video evidence appears to have been tampered with by them.  Total and utter scum.

Well in Lord Justice Goldberg for those words, I hope they mean something.

*SO FAR - People like LJG might make sure these scum don't.

JFT 96
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #17: Dec 19, 2013 05:43:01 pm
      I just want to say thanks to everyone posting updates.
      This is my "go to" place for any news on this now.
      Odd Job
      • Banned

• 2,112 posts | 49 
      • Luis Suarez could nutmeg a mermaid
      Reply #18: Dec 19, 2013 11:45:14 pm
      How they can sleep at night I'll never know, only a matter of time before they get a knock on the door.  xxxxx:action-smiley-065: cu*ts.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #19: Dec 20, 2013 10:12:08 am

I was reading a piece in Wednesday's Echo again last night about the officers refusing to give evidence at the inquest, I stopped and wondered why I was actually re-examining a story that was perfectly familiar to me, then thought process took over and the proposition applied to the inquest where the same  rule applied - why are the same facts being regurgitated for re-examination when it is established their foundation is corrupt.
      Lord Justice Goldberg appears to take the same view and has dismissed a police request to retain the obscurity that hid the truth for 24 years.
      This in itself is major progress, if the ruling about concealing the officer's ID had been allowed to stand we would be treading the same path that stretched on for all those years, Lord Justice Goldberg has shown his hand - he is not in the pocket of the liars and the establishment.   
      Odd Job
      • Banned

• 2,112 posts | 49 
      Reply #20: Dec 21, 2013 01:28:01 am
      David Duckenfield and other significant Hillsborough police 'decision makers' to be quizzed in new year
      18 Dec 2013 17:51
      Jon Stoddart expects criminal investigations to be concluded within months of the conclusion of new inquests ending

Share on print Share on email
      David Duckenfield, who was South Yorkshire Police match commander on the day of the Hillsborough disaster in 1989David Duckenfield, who was South Yorkshire Police match commander on the day of the Hillsborough disaster in 1989
      Hillsborough match commander David Duckenfield and other "significant decision makers" from the day of the disaster will be quizzed by investigators in the new year.

Assistant Commissioner Jon Stoddart, officer in command of criminal investigation into the 1989 tragedy - Operation Resolve, confirmed today that Duckenfield, who made the decision to open the exit gates, would be questioned as part of inquiries.

Deputy officer in command Assistant Chief Constable Terry Sweeney said investigators would speak to all those who had been involved in decision making on the day or were within close proximity when "key decisions" were being made.

It was also revealed that thirty-five police officers interviewed by Operation Resolve who were on duty or responded on the day had never been spoken to before.

The Hillsborough vigil at St George's HallThe Hillsborough vigil at St George's Hall 
      Mr Stoddart said eight police officers had refused to be interviewed, but some of those were because of ill health.

He said the investigation was expected to be completed within a "matter of months" of the conclusion of inquests into the 96 deaths - which are due to start on March 31 and scheduled to last for six months.

It will then make recommendations to the Crown Prosecution Service on whether manslaughter charges should be brought.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/david-duckenfield-significant-hillsborough-police-6428738
      Odd Job
      • Banned

• 2,112 posts | 49 
      Reply #21: Dec 21, 2013 01:34:04 am
      David Conn ‏@david_conn 4m

Police investigating potential manslaughter for Hillsborough deaths say they're going back to 1975, when official safety guide was published

Rob ‏@JFT96Rob 29m

#Hillsborough criminal investigation, Operation Resolve, has website http://operationresolve.co.uk  & now also setting up twitter @oresolve
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #22: Feb 05, 2014 03:49:23 pm
      Did anyone see the Newsnight programme from Monday night, I caught the tail end of the report and want to watch all of it, ?

Or if anyone has the latest from the new enquiry  ?

YNWA
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #23: Feb 05, 2014 03:51:20 pm
      Did anyone see the Newsnight programme from Monday night, I caught the tail end of the report and want to watch all of it, ?

YNWA

I believe it's available on iplayer mate if you want to catch it all.  If you can't get that then the full clip is up on RAWK.

Link for live updates from today. 

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/live-updates-todays-final-hillsborough-6672744
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      Reply #24: Feb 05, 2014 04:06:56 pm

YNWA

I did.

Dreadful: Thatcher had created a police state, we just did not know it.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      Reply #25: Feb 05, 2014 04:11:23 pm
      Hillsborough inquest jury to visit scene of tragedy
      Jurors in the fresh inquests into the Hillsborough tragedy will make a visit to the stadium but will not be allowed to read on-site tributes to the victims, a coroner heard.

The announcement was made at a fifth preliminary hearing ahead of the new inquests, due to start next month.

Ninety-six Liverpool fans died as a result of a crush during an FA Cup semi-final game, on 15 April 1989.

Fresh inquests into the deaths are set to begin on 31 March.

Christina Lambert QC, counsel to the inquests, said there was "broad agreement" on the parts of the stadium and locations nearby which should be viewed by the jury in the inquests' early stages.

"Our view is that it is reasonable for the jury to view the current police box even though its location is not precisely as it was in 1989," she told a pre-inquest hearing in central London.

'Objective approach'
      She added: "We also consider that it would appropriate for the jury to see the memorial but not to read the tributes.

"The reason that we make this final observation is because the jury must remain objective and must be seen to be objective in their approach to the issues.

"Having visited the memorial myself there is no doubt that the tributes that are made there are deeply moving."

Ms Lambert told coroner Lord Justice Goldring that the fresh inquest should aim to conclude around Christmas time, so as not to overburden the jury with too much information.

But Patrick Roche, counsel to 74 of the 96 victims, countered: "We don't accept that Christmas is necessarily the limit, we don't accept at all that it is the limitation of the jury's patience or their ability to remember the evidence.

"Our families have no desire to prolong the inquest any more than is necessary."

The High Court quashed the original inquest verdicts in December 2012 following publication of the Hillsborough Independent Panel in September 2012, which said 41 of those who died might have been saved.

The new inquests are to be held in Warrington, Cheshire.
      http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-26054096
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #26: Feb 05, 2014 05:25:06 pm
      So drunkeness is the weapon that is to be used.

They'll do absolutely anything to avoid liability. Trying to create some reasonable doubt for the jury by suggesting that the totally unheard of pastime of having a pre match pint in some way contributed to 96 deaths at a football match is in itself an admission of guilt.

Serious straw clutching and have no doubts that this pathetic appeal by these cornered rats will be in some way paid for by yourself and your's truly at some point.

Very happy to see that court will be adjourned on April 15th.
      staffletop
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 679 posts | 29 
      Reply #27: Feb 05, 2014 05:33:42 pm

As was used before to paint a false picture of what happened. Already I fear another whitewash, or is it just me being paranoid?
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #28: Feb 05, 2014 05:45:13 pm

They can hardly use anything else WAHS, it's their only defense for what happened.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #29: Feb 05, 2014 05:50:38 pm
      Hillsborough survivors court threat
      Victims: We were told we could face charges if we blamed cops

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/ipcc-confirm-west-midlands-police-6670706

Absolutely scandalous behaviour just hours after the tragedy, further to the 24 hours prog, - vital reading.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #30: Feb 05, 2014 05:53:39 pm
      As was used before to paint a false picture of what happened. Already I fear another whitewash, or is it just me being paranoid?

Paranoia I'd say but understandable paranoia.

If you look at what has come to light in the last couple of years though as opposed to what we knew back then though? Well the way in which things were covered up basically bangs them to rights.

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #31: Feb 05, 2014 06:15:38 pm
      Whitewashing is not an option, whitewash inevitably erodes and gets washed away.
      The original corrupt proceedings were up and running with obscene haste, the players in that corruption are only too well aware there is no hiding place; time now is their greatest enemy, justice cannot be eroded. 
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #32: Feb 06, 2014 09:06:41 pm
      Do any forum member actually believe these wonderful people will ever get the justice their family members deserve?.
      These people who lied will continue to lie and will stick together until the end whenever that is.
      I don't know how the families carry on I really don't but its to their credit that they do.
      I hope the end  is in sight for them and thye get out of this final process all that is required for them to actually feel justice has been served.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      Reply #33: Feb 06, 2014 09:47:10 pm
      Did not know where to put this, but here it is.

South Yorkshire Police apply for Hillsborough inquest grant
      South Yorkshire Police have applied for a government grant to cover some of the costs incurred as a result of the new Hillsborough inquests.

Fresh inquests into the deaths of 96 Liverpool fans after a crush at an FA Cup semi-final match in Sheffield in 1989 are due to begin on 31 March.

The original verdicts were quashed in 2012 following an independent report.

Police have applied for Home Office money to cover legal fees, insurance, compensation and other costs.

Shaun Wright, South Yorkshire Police and Crime Commissioner, said it was not possible to put an exact figure on the costs for the force because of the "complexity" of the various investigations under way.

But he said they would be "significant".

The special grant application has been made to ensure that dealing with the Hillsborough inquests does not "adversely impact" on policing in South Yorkshire, he added.

A Home Office official said: "We can confirm that we have received a request from South Yorkshire Police for special grant funding in relation to the costs of the new Hillsborough inquests.

"The application is currently being considered and a decision will be made in due course."

Special grants can be provided to police forces facing unexpected or exceptional costs exceeding 1% of their annual budget.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-26066896

Seriously?

They claim from the Original Disaster Fund, and now they claim from the public purse, is there no bounds to their audacity?
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #34: Feb 06, 2014 09:55:23 pm
      Adding insult to injury that.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      Reply #35: Feb 06, 2014 09:58:44 pm
      I know, you seriously could not make it up.

Is it me, or are they still claiming to be an injured party?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #36: Feb 07, 2014 07:04:11 pm
      Did not know where to put this, but here it is.

South Yorkshire Police apply for Hillsborough inquest grant
      South Yorkshire Police have applied for a government grant to cover some of the costs incurred as a result of the new Hillsborough inquests.

Fresh inquests into the deaths of 96 Liverpool fans after a crush at an FA Cup semi-final match in Sheffield in 1989 are due to begin on 31 March.

The original verdicts were quashed in 2012 following an independent report.

Police have applied for Home Office money to cover legal fees, insurance, compensation and other costs.

Shaun Wright, South Yorkshire Police and Crime Commissioner, said it was not possible to put an exact figure on the costs for the force because of the "complexity" of the various investigations under way.

But he said they would be "significant".

The special grant application has been made to ensure that dealing with the Hillsborough inquests does not "adversely impact" on policing in South Yorkshire, he added.

A Home Office official said: "We can confirm that we have received a request from South Yorkshire Police for special grant funding in relation to the costs of the new Hillsborough inquests.

"The application is currently being considered and a decision will be made in due course."

Special grants can be provided to police forces facing unexpected or exceptional costs exceeding 1% of their annual budget.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-26066896

Seriously?

They claim from the Original Disaster Fund, and now they claim from the public purse, is there no bounds to their audacity?

they could have used Bettisons pension fund
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #37: Feb 08, 2014 06:49:01 pm
      I know, you seriously could not make it up.

Is it me, or are they still claiming to be an injured party?

That's how it reads to me.

Corrupt F***ing wankers, trying to influence government and get them to pull some strings is something I'm reading into this.

OK, I might be a bit paranoid, but it's not like I don't have reason when it comes to these wankers.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #38: Feb 08, 2014 09:54:48 pm
      I hate the French.But  I also admire and respect them.
      Do we really have to re -live all this again do these people have to listen to the lies all over again. How do they carry on.
      If I have learned anything from these awful people it is this...Don't let  the bas**rds grind you down.
      Whatever the families want from us we must always stick together
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #39: Feb 12, 2014 05:51:49 pm
      http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/home-secretary-refuses-say-hillsborough-6700939

Statement in the House of Commons today about the police activity during the investigation and how far on the inquiry is.
      The Home Secretary refuses to confirm or deny the families were spied on.

How profound is the corruption when a leading politician of HM government refuses to acknowledge the very earliest stages of the evil that was the cover up.
      We have to remember it was this collection of liars known as the Tory party who instigated the obscenity of the Hillsborough cover up.
      « Last Edit: Feb 12, 2014 06:03:36 pm by stuey »
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #40: Feb 12, 2014 06:37:00 pm
      http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/home-secretary-refuses-say-hillsborough-6700939

Statement in the House of Commons today about the police activity during the investigation and how far on the inquiry is.
      The Home Secretary refuses to confirm or deny the families were spied on.

How profound is the corruption when a leading politician of HM government refuses to acknowledge the very earliest stages of the evil that was the cover up.
      We have to remember it was this collection of liars known as the Tory party who instigated the obscenity of the Hillsborough cover up.

Come on Stuey, it's not often I disagree with you mate but in this instance I think she's right. 

There is an ongoing investigation, one which I'm certain will include any spying allegations and it would be wrong to say anything which might muddy the inquests and the subsequent inquiries.

If however it isn't dealt with then yes I'm all for calling her out on it.

The Coroner has already given instructions about reporting issues during the inquests and has threatened to bring charges of 'Contempt of Court' if information is discussed in the media or on social media networks.

http://hillsboroughinquests.independent.gov.uk/documents-and-rulings/
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      Reply #41: Feb 12, 2014 06:41:42 pm
      To be fair to the Tory drone, she probably cannot comment on things until the hearing has made it official.

Any one who answers a question 100% without any hint of doubt, is not a politician.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #42: Feb 12, 2014 07:27:50 pm
      Come on Stuey, it's not often I disagree with you mate but in this instance I think she's right. 

There is an ongoing investigation, one which I'm certain will include any spying allegations and it would be wrong to say anything which might muddy the inquests and the subsequent inquiries.

If however it isn't dealt with then yes I'm all for calling her out on it.

The Coroner has already given instructions about reporting issues during the inquests and has threatened to bring charges of 'Contempt of Court' if information is discussed in the media or on social media networks.

http://hillsboroughinquests.independent.gov.uk/documents-and-rulings/

Technically I've got to sat your right Debs, any statement now would possibly undermine future proceedings - frustration creeping in, the high court ruling relating to premature disclosure is designed to benefit the victims and not the conspirators,  Irrespective she was given a mauling by the Hillsborough contingent in the Commons.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #43: Feb 12, 2014 07:36:27 pm
      Technically I've got to sat your right Debs, any statement now would possibly undermine future proceedings - frustration creeping in, the high court ruling relating to premature disclosure is designed to benefit the victims and not the conspirators,  Irrespective she was given a mauling by the Hillsborough contingent in the Commons.

Understand the frustration mate but I don't want anything to jeopardise any outcome.  We've been patient for 25 years, let's just see what transpires 'cos from what I've read the IPCC seem to be listening to every complaint regardless of how small/big it might be.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #44: Feb 14, 2014 01:23:19 pm
      Understand the frustration mate but I don't want anything to jeopardise any outcome.  We've been patient for 25 years, let's just see what transpires 'cos from what I've read the IPCC seem to be listening to every complaint regardless of how small/big it might be.

The good thing is that this is now so high profile that the IPCC will have to actually do their jobs for once instead of brushing things under the carpet.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #45: Feb 14, 2014 10:04:37 pm
      The good thing is that this is now so high profile that the IPCC will have to actually do their jobs for once instead of brushing things under the carpet.

I agree mate. 
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #46: Feb 16, 2014 07:19:16 pm

don't underestimate their  policy of "sticking together and saying fuckall" its how they and all powerful bodies work.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #47: Feb 16, 2014 08:34:32 pm
      don't underestimate their  policy of "sticking together and saying fuckall" its how they and all powerful bodies work.

From the way it has been laid out the investigating bodies seem to be conducting their inquiries independently and coming to unaffected conclusions - hopefully.
      Unlike the original enquiry when the S. Yorkshire Police Authority had complete control over every aspect of evidence, and we know what happened there.
      No doubt the guilty parties would prefer the closed shop variety of concealment, that preference however does inevitably imply guilt.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #48: Feb 16, 2014 09:30:26 pm

From the way it has been laid out the investigating bodies seem to be conducting their inquiries independently and coming to unaffected conclusions - hopefully.
      Unlike the original enquiry when the S. Yorkshire Police Authority had complete control over every aspect of evidence, and we know what happened there.
      No doubt the guilty parties would prefer the closed shop variety of concealment, that preference however does inevitably imply guilt.

there is no implication of guilt there is only guilt as far as I am concerned but I just feel that when push comes to shove other than the odd sacrificial lamb they will in the end close ranks.I know it seems an odd thing to say now but had we had the revolution we needed in 1919 then these people would probably not have the power they have now the power they have had for centuries.I am terribly sceptical of these people and until I see the likes of Dukinfield behind bars then I will await the outcome with some reservation.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #49: Feb 16, 2014 10:13:45 pm
      there is no implication of guilt there is only guilt as far as I am concerned but I just feel that when push comes to shove other than the odd sacrificial lamb they will in the end close ranks.I know it seems an odd thing to say now but had we had the revolution we needed in 1919 then these people would probably not have the power they have now the power they have had for centuries.I am terribly sceptical of these people and until I see the likes of Dukinfield behind bars then I will await the outcome with some reservation.

The ''implied guilt'' reference was in so far as if the bodies being investigated attempt the same questionable conduct ie closing ranks and manufacturing evidence their case would be absolutely untenable - as good as an admission of guilt.
      That course of action is not available - there is nowhere to hide.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #50: Feb 18, 2014 12:20:18 pm
      I don't know who these fuckers think they are, but this has me fuming all over again.

South Yorkshire Police refused to reveal if families of Hillsborough victims were spied on.

A Freedom of Information (FOI) request asked the force, who policed the disaster, whether officers carried out surveillance on Hillsborough victims in the wake of the 1989 tragedy.

It also asked if it had information on any other force or service carrying out surveillance.

Last month the Met Police refused to confirm or deny whether undercover officers were used to spy on families and campaigners.

A South Yorkshire Police spokesman said it would be adopting the same stance as the Met.

In a response to the FOI request, submitted on website whatdotheyknow.com , the force said: “We would classify ‘victims’ of Hillsborough as being those who died, anyone injured, people who were present suffering trauma and stress and the family members of those involved.

“The law of statistics for such a large group means that it is possible that some of them may, at some time, or even currently, be linked to some sort of surveillance, but not because of their links to Hillsborough.

“The police’s use of surveillance is strictly monitored and regulated and is not an activity taken lightly.

“The reasons for doing so are always linked to an investigation and the type of crimes involved can range from theft to more serious matters such as organised crime or even terrorism.”

It said there were public interest factors in favour of confirming or denying the information but revealing it could “impair the prevention or detection of crime and harm national security by rendering security measures less effective”.

The force said it agreed with a statement released by the Met on the matter.

The Met Police statement said: “We have been asked in recent days whether undercover officers were deployed into the Hillsborough campaign.

“We replied that we will neither confirm nor deny details of the deployment of undercover officers.

“This is a long-established practice to avoid criminals targeted for undercover operations drawing conclusions if we were to give negative answers in some cases but not comment in others.

“Once we start denying false or incorrect allegations, our silence in other cases could be taken as a confirmation, and that could be very damaging and dangerous for those who risk their lives to combat organised and serious criminality.”

Similar FOI requests have been submitted to Merseyside Police , West Midlands Police and West Yorkshire Police but responses have not yet been received.
      http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/south-yorkshire-police-refuse-reveal-6721355
      « Last Edit: Feb 18, 2014 12:50:12 pm by RedPuppy »
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      Reply #51: Feb 18, 2014 12:55:11 pm
      I don't know who these fuckers think they are, but this has me fuming all over again.

South Yorkshire Police refused to reveal if families of Hillsborough victims were spied on.

A Freedom of Information (FOI) request asked the force, who policed the disaster, whether officers carried out surveillance on Hillsborough victims in the wake of the 1989 tragedy.

It also asked if it had information on any other force or service carrying out surveillance.

Last month the Met Police refused to confirm or deny whether undercover officers were used to spy on families and campaigners.

A South Yorkshire Police spokesman said it would be adopting the same stance as the Met.

In a response to the FOI request, submitted on website whatdotheyknow.com , the force said: “We would classify ‘victims’ of Hillsborough as being those who died, anyone injured, people who were present suffering trauma and stress and the family members of those involved.

“The law of statistics for such a large group means that it is possible that some of them may, at some time, or even currently, be linked to some sort of surveillance, but not because of their links to Hillsborough.

“The police’s use of surveillance is strictly monitored and regulated and is not an activity taken lightly.

“The reasons for doing so are always linked to an investigation and the type of crimes involved can range from theft to more serious matters such as organised crime or even terrorism.”

It said there were public interest factors in favour of confirming or denying the information but revealing it could “impair the prevention or detection of crime and harm national security by rendering security measures less effective”.

The Met Police statement said: “We have been asked in recent days whether undercover officers were deployed into the Hillsborough campaign.

“We replied that we will neither confirm nor deny details of the deployment of undercover officers.

“This is a long-established practice to avoid criminals targeted for undercover operations drawing conclusions if we were to give negative answers in some cases but not comment in others.

“Once we start denying false or incorrect allegations, our silence in other cases could be taken as a confirmation, and that could be very damaging and dangerous for those who risk their lives to combat organised and serious criminality.”

Similar FOI requests have been submitted to Merseyside Police , West Midlands Police and West Yorkshire Police but responses have not yet been received.
      http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/south-yorkshire-police-refuse-reveal-6721355

LMFAO.(sic)

Guilty as F**k.

These were innocent, grieving families and victims here, not drug barons, or miners (sic again).

If the SYP were innocent, then they would produce the evidence to prove that they were innocent. Thick bas**rds.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #52: Feb 18, 2014 01:02:14 pm

As inferred earlier mate they are doing what they do best, closing ranks and arrogantly displaying no sign whatever of contrition despite the fact that particular police authority has been found guilty of corruption consistently for a 25 year period.
      No coincidence that F***ing witch instigated the evil and the establishment still permit the corrupt bas**rds to cling to power.
      Of course the S. Yorkshire police are the first head on the block when the truth prevails followed in order of rank by civil servants and a gaggle of MP's to the dizzy heights of ministerial office and beyond.
      Time has been the ally of the conspirators indeed the F***ing witch has popped off before the truth emerged fully and her evil unmasked, there are still plenty of her accomplices to pursue and they will fall.   
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #53: Feb 18, 2014 01:45:13 pm
      I know mate.

This is one of the few subjects which has the capacity to raise my temper to boiling point.
      I mean red in the face, vein popping out in the forehead, proper anger.

I find myself wanting to keep up with what'[s happening, but at the same time holding back because those cu*ts F***ing sicken me.
      They still, to this day, have no regard, empathy or sympathy for what they put those poor people through.
      It's all about protecting their own arses, the sociopathic F***ing wankstains.

Sorry, but I'm going to leave it there for now before I break something.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #54: Mar 11, 2014 12:13:33 pm
      VERY, VERY IMPORTANT NEWS REGARDING THE NEW INQUESTS FROM THE ATTORNEY GENERAL. THEY ARE READING LIVERPOOL FC RELATED FORUMS AND OTHER SOCIAL MEDIA SITES TO ENSURE THESE RULES ARE ADHERED TO.

PLEASE PEOPLE MAKE SURE YOU ABIDE BY THESE RULES, THE LAST THING WE (THE FAMILIES/SURVIVORS) NEED IS FOR THE INQUESTS TO BE PREJUDICED IN ANY WAY.

10 March 2014

HILLSBOROUGH INQUESTS

The inquests into the deaths of the 96 people who died as a result of the events at Hillsborough on 15 April 1989 are due to begin on 31 March 2014.

The inquests will be heard by a Coroner (Lord Justice Goldring) together with a jury.

Editors, publishers and social media users should note that the inquest proceedings are currently active for the purpose of the Contempt of Court Act 1981.

The Attorney General wishes to draw attention to the risk of publishing material, including online, which could create a substantial risk that the course of justice in the inquests may be seriously impeded or prejudiced, particularly as this inquest involves a jury.

This risk could arise by commentary which may prejudge issues that witnesses may give evidence about, or matters that the jury will need to consider in reaching their verdict.  The inquests could also be prejudiced by publishing details of material (whatever its source) which may not form part of the evidence at the inquest.

The Attorney General’s Office will be monitoring the coverage of these proceedings.

Editors, publishers and social media users should take legal advice to ensure they are in a position to fully comply with the obligations they are subject to under the Contempt of Court Act.  They are also reminded of the advisory note issued by Lord Justice Goldring on 11 February 2014.

For media enquiries please contact: The Attorney General’s Press Office on 020 7271 2448 or

pressoffice@attorneygeneral.gsi.gov.uk

Bernadette Caffarey

Attorney General's Office| Treasury Solicitor’s Department |

E: bernie.caffarey@attorneygeneral.gsi.gov.uk  T: 020 7271 2440 M: 07867 520 314

20 Victoria Street, London SW1H 0NF Out of hours pager: 07623 946316  Twitter: @ago_uk

RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      Reply #55: Mar 11, 2014 05:39:33 pm
      VERY, VERY IMPORTANT NEWS REGARDING THE NEW INQUESTS FROM THE ATTORNEY GENERAL. THEY ARE READING LIVERPOOL FC RELATED FORUMS AND OTHER SOCIAL MEDIA SITES TO ENSURE THESE RULES ARE ADHERED TO.

PLEASE PEOPLE MAKE SURE YOU ABIDE BY THESE RULES, THE LAST THING WE (THE FAMILIES/SURVIVORS) NEED IS FOR THE INQUESTS TO BE PREJUDICED IN ANY WAY.

10 March 2014

HILLSBOROUGH INQUESTS

The inquests into the deaths of the 96 people who died as a result of the events at Hillsborough on 15 April 1989 are due to begin on 31 March 2014.

The inquests will be heard by a Coroner (Lord Justice Goldring) together with a jury.

Editors, publishers and social media users should note that the inquest proceedings are currently active for the purpose of the Contempt of Court Act 1981.

The Attorney General wishes to draw attention to the risk of publishing material, including online, which could create a substantial risk that the course of justice in the inquests may be seriously impeded or prejudiced, particularly as this inquest involves a jury.

This risk could arise by commentary which may prejudge issues that witnesses may give evidence about, or matters that the jury will need to consider in reaching their verdict.  The inquests could also be prejudiced by publishing details of material (whatever its source) which may not form part of the evidence at the inquest.

The Attorney General’s Office will be monitoring the coverage of these proceedings.

Editors, publishers and social media users should take legal advice to ensure they are in a position to fully comply with the obligations they are subject to under the Contempt of Court Act.  They are also reminded of the advisory note issued by Lord Justice Goldring on 11 February 2014.

For media enquiries please contact: The Attorney General’s Press Office on 020 7271 2448 or

pressoffice@attorneygeneral.gsi.gov.uk

Bernadette Caffarey

Attorney General's Office| Treasury Solicitor’s Department |

E: bernie.caffarey@attorneygeneral.gsi.gov.uk  T: 020 7271 2440 M: 07867 520 314

20 Victoria Street, London SW1H 0NF Out of hours pager: 07623 946316  Twitter: @ago_uk

Thanks for posting this Deb.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #56: Mar 11, 2014 09:46:23 pm
      Good one Debs +.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #57: Mar 12, 2014 09:50:36 am