Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Pre Inquest Hearing Updates

Read 15057 times
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Re: Pre Inquest Hearing Updates
      Reply #23: Feb 05, 2014 03:51:20 pm
      Did anyone see the Newsnight programme from Monday night, I caught the tail end of the report and want to watch all of it, ?

Or if anyone has the latest from the new enquiry  ?

YNWA

I believe it's available on iplayer mate if you want to catch it all.  If you can't get that then the full clip is up on RAWK.

Link for live updates from today. 

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/live-updates-todays-final-hillsborough-6672744
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #24: Feb 05, 2014 04:06:56 pm
      Did anyone see the Newsnight programme from Monday night, I caught the tail end of the report and want to watch all of it, ?

Or if anyone has the latest from the new enquiry  ?

YNWA

I did.

Dreadful: Thatcher had created a police state, we just did not know it.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      Reply #25: Feb 05, 2014 04:11:23 pm
      Hillsborough inquest jury to visit scene of tragedy
      Jurors in the fresh inquests into the Hillsborough tragedy will make a visit to the stadium but will not be allowed to read on-site tributes to the victims, a coroner heard.

The announcement was made at a fifth preliminary hearing ahead of the new inquests, due to start next month.

Ninety-six Liverpool fans died as a result of a crush during an FA Cup semi-final game, on 15 April 1989.

Fresh inquests into the deaths are set to begin on 31 March.

Christina Lambert QC, counsel to the inquests, said there was "broad agreement" on the parts of the stadium and locations nearby which should be viewed by the jury in the inquests' early stages.

"Our view is that it is reasonable for the jury to view the current police box even though its location is not precisely as it was in 1989," she told a pre-inquest hearing in central London.

'Objective approach'
      She added: "We also consider that it would appropriate for the jury to see the memorial but not to read the tributes.

"The reason that we make this final observation is because the jury must remain objective and must be seen to be objective in their approach to the issues.

"Having visited the memorial myself there is no doubt that the tributes that are made there are deeply moving."

Ms Lambert told coroner Lord Justice Goldring that the fresh inquest should aim to conclude around Christmas time, so as not to overburden the jury with too much information.

But Patrick Roche, counsel to 74 of the 96 victims, countered: "We don't accept that Christmas is necessarily the limit, we don't accept at all that it is the limitation of the jury's patience or their ability to remember the evidence.

"Our families have no desire to prolong the inquest any more than is necessary."

The High Court quashed the original inquest verdicts in December 2012 following publication of the Hillsborough Independent Panel in September 2012, which said 41 of those who died might have been saved.

The new inquests are to be held in Warrington, Cheshire.
      http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-26054096
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #26: Feb 05, 2014 05:25:06 pm
      So drunkeness is the weapon that is to be used.

They'll do absolutely anything to avoid liability. Trying to create some reasonable doubt for the jury by suggesting that the totally unheard of pastime of having a pre match pint in some way contributed to 96 deaths at a football match is in itself an admission of guilt.

Serious straw clutching and have no doubts that this pathetic appeal by these cornered rats will be in some way paid for by yourself and your's truly at some point.

Very happy to see that court will be adjourned on April 15th.
      staffletop
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 679 posts | 29 
      Reply #27: Feb 05, 2014 05:33:42 pm

As was used before to paint a false picture of what happened. Already I fear another whitewash, or is it just me being paranoid?
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #28: Feb 05, 2014 05:45:13 pm

They can hardly use anything else WAHS, it's their only defense for what happened.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #29: Feb 05, 2014 05:50:38 pm
      Hillsborough survivors court threat
      Victims: We were told we could face charges if we blamed cops

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/ipcc-confirm-west-midlands-police-6670706

Absolutely scandalous behaviour just hours after the tragedy, further to the 24 hours prog, - vital reading.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #30: Feb 05, 2014 05:53:39 pm
      As was used before to paint a false picture of what happened. Already I fear another whitewash, or is it just me being paranoid?

Paranoia I'd say but understandable paranoia.

If you look at what has come to light in the last couple of years though as opposed to what we knew back then though? Well the way in which things were covered up basically bangs them to rights.

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #31: Feb 05, 2014 06:15:38 pm
      Whitewashing is not an option, whitewash inevitably erodes and gets washed away.
      The original corrupt proceedings were up and running with obscene haste, the players in that corruption are only too well aware there is no hiding place; time now is their greatest enemy, justice cannot be eroded. 
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #32: Feb 06, 2014 09:06:41 pm
      Do any forum member actually believe these wonderful people will ever get the justice their family members deserve?.
      These people who lied will continue to lie and will stick together until the end whenever that is.
      I don't know how the families carry on I really don't but its to their credit that they do.
      I hope the end  is in sight for them and thye get out of this final process all that is required for them to actually feel justice has been served.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      Reply #33: Feb 06, 2014 09:47:10 pm
      Did not know where to put this, but here it is.

South Yorkshire Police apply for Hillsborough inquest grant
      South Yorkshire Police have applied for a government grant to cover some of the costs incurred as a result of the new Hillsborough inquests.

Fresh inquests into the deaths of 96 Liverpool fans after a crush at an FA Cup semi-final match in Sheffield in 1989 are due to begin on 31 March.

The original verdicts were quashed in 2012 following an independent report.

Police have applied for Home Office money to cover legal fees, insurance, compensation and other costs.

Shaun Wright, South Yorkshire Police and Crime Commissioner, said it was not possible to put an exact figure on the costs for the force because of the "complexity" of the various investigations under way.

But he said they would be "significant".

The special grant application has been made to ensure that dealing with the Hillsborough inquests does not "adversely impact" on policing in South Yorkshire, he added.

A Home Office official said: "We can confirm that we have received a request from South Yorkshire Police for special grant funding in relation to the costs of the new Hillsborough inquests.

"The application is currently being considered and a decision will be made in due course."

Special grants can be provided to police forces facing unexpected or exceptional costs exceeding 1% of their annual budget.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-26066896

Seriously?

They claim from the Original Disaster Fund, and now they claim from the public purse, is there no bounds to their audacity?
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #34: Feb 06, 2014 09:55:23 pm
      Adding insult to injury that.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      Reply #35: Feb 06, 2014 09:58:44 pm
      I know, you seriously could not make it up.

Is it me, or are they still claiming to be an injured party?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #36: Feb 07, 2014 07:04:11 pm
      Did not know where to put this, but here it is.

South Yorkshire Police apply for Hillsborough inquest grant
      South Yorkshire Police have applied for a government grant to cover some of the costs incurred as a result of the new Hillsborough inquests.

Fresh inquests into the deaths of 96 Liverpool fans after a crush at an FA Cup semi-final match in Sheffield in 1989 are due to begin on 31 March.

The original verdicts were quashed in 2012 following an independent report.

Police have applied for Home Office money to cover legal fees, insurance, compensation and other costs.

Shaun Wright, South Yorkshire Police and Crime Commissioner, said it was not possible to put an exact figure on the costs for the force because of the "complexity" of the various investigations under way.

But he said they would be "significant".

The special grant application has been made to ensure that dealing with the Hillsborough inquests does not "adversely impact" on policing in South Yorkshire, he added.

A Home Office official said: "We can confirm that we have received a request from South Yorkshire Police for special grant funding in relation to the costs of the new Hillsborough inquests.

"The application is currently being considered and a decision will be made in due course."

Special grants can be provided to police forces facing unexpected or exceptional costs exceeding 1% of their annual budget.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-26066896

Seriously?

They claim from the Original Disaster Fund, and now they claim from the public purse, is there no bounds to their audacity?

they could have used Bettisons pension fund
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #37: Feb 08, 2014 06:49:01 pm
      I know, you seriously could not make it up.

Is it me, or are they still claiming to be an injured party?

That's how it reads to me.

Corrupt F***ing wankers, trying to influence government and get them to pull some strings is something I'm reading into this.

OK, I might be a bit paranoid, but it's not like I don't have reason when it comes to these wankers.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #38: Feb 08, 2014 09:54:48 pm
      I hate the French.But  I also admire and respect them.
      Do we really have to re -live all this again do these people have to listen to the lies all over again. How do they carry on.
      If I have learned anything from these awful people it is this...Don't let  the bas**rds grind you down.
      Whatever the families want from us we must always stick together
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #39: Feb 12, 2014 05:51:49 pm
      http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/home-secretary-refuses-say-hillsborough-6700939

Statement in the House of Commons today about the police activity during the investigation and how far on the inquiry is.
      The Home Secretary refuses to confirm or deny the families were spied on.

How profound is the corruption when a leading politician of HM government refuses to acknowledge the very earliest stages of the evil that was the cover up.
      We have to remember it was this collection of liars known as the Tory party who instigated the obscenity of the Hillsborough cover up.
      « Last Edit: Feb 12, 2014 06:03:36 pm by stuey »
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #40: Feb 12, 2014 06:37:00 pm
      http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/home-secretary-refuses-say-hillsborough-6700939

Statement in the House of Commons today about the police activity during the investigation and how far on the inquiry is.
      The Home Secretary refuses to confirm or deny the families were spied on.

How profound is the corruption when a leading politician of HM government refuses to acknowledge the very earliest stages of the evil that was the cover up.
      We have to remember it was this collection of liars known as the Tory party who instigated the obscenity of the Hillsborough cover up.

Come on Stuey, it's not often I disagree with you mate but in this instance I think she's right. 

There is an ongoing investigation, one which I'm certain will include any spying allegations and it would be wrong to say anything which might muddy the inquests and the subsequent inquiries.

If however it isn't dealt with then yes I'm all for calling her out on it.

The Coroner has already given instructions about reporting issues during the inquests and has threatened to bring charges of 'Contempt of Court' if information is discussed in the media or on social media networks.

http://hillsboroughinquests.independent.gov.uk/documents-and-rulings/
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      Reply #41: Feb 12, 2014 06:41:42 pm
      To be fair to the Tory drone, she probably cannot comment on things until the hearing has made it official.

Any one who answers a question 100% without any hint of doubt, is not a politician.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #42: Feb 12, 2014 07:27:50 pm
      Come on Stuey, it's not often I disagree with you mate but in this instance I think she's right. 

There is an ongoing investigation, one which I'm certain will include any spying allegations and it would be wrong to say anything which might muddy the inquests and the subsequent inquiries.

If however it isn't dealt with then yes I'm all for calling her out on it.

The Coroner has already given instructions about reporting issues during the inquests and has threatened to bring charges of 'Contempt of Court' if information is discussed in the media or on social media networks.

http://hillsboroughinquests.independent.gov.uk/documents-and-rulings/

Technically I've got to sat your right Debs, any statement now would possibly undermine future proceedings - frustration creeping in, the high court ruling relating to premature disclosure is designed to benefit the victims and not the conspirators,  Irrespective she was given a mauling by the Hillsborough contingent in the Commons.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #43: Feb 12, 2014 07:36:27 pm
      Technically I've got to sat your right Debs, any statement now would possibly undermine future proceedings - frustration creeping in, the high court ruling relating to premature disclosure is designed to benefit the victims and not the conspirators,  Irrespective she was given a mauling by the Hillsborough contingent in the Commons.

Understand the frustration mate but I don't want anything to jeopardise any outcome.  We've been patient for 25 years, let's just see what transpires 'cos from what I've read the IPCC seem to be listening to every complaint regardless of how small/big it might be.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #44: Feb 14, 2014 01:23:19 pm
      Understand the frustration mate but I don't want anything to jeopardise any outcome.  We've been patient for 25 years, let's just see what transpires 'cos from what I've read the IPCC seem to be listening to every complaint regardless of how small/big it might be.

The good thing is that this is now so high profile that the IPCC will have to actually do their jobs for once instead of brushing things under the carpet.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #45: Feb 14, 2014 10:04:37 pm
      The good thing is that this is now so high profile that the IPCC will have to actually do their jobs for once instead of brushing things under the carpet.

I agree mate. 

Quick Reply