Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W9 D10 L12

"Vaping". Smoking cessation with E-Cigs

Read 23599 times
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      "Vaping". Smoking cessation with E-Cigs
      Dec 18, 2013 06:40:54 pm
      When I started training for running a marathon, I thought I'd better pack in smoking, which is something I'd wanted to do anyway.

Sadly, my legs and ankles couldn't take hauling me around at a run or even a jog, but I did discover "Vape" kits, or vapourised nicotine.

These are better known as E-cigs, but what I didn't know is that they come in a very wide range of kits.
      You have your basic vapouriser, to which you attach a clearomiser where the liquid goes, and then the better ones will give you different rates of "burn" depending on how much nicotine that you want to take in.

Now I have to add a disclaimer here and confess that I'm a big fan of nicotine.
      In fact I love the stuff when I'm having a drink.

What I don't like is the delivery systems that I used before discovering "vaping".

I haven't smoked a fag in months now, I don't miss them at all, although I still have an occasional cigar.

I get my nicotine fix via the system I use.
      I bought an itaste VV 3.0 (yeah I know it sounds like a tech product ;D) and whilst it's not top of the range, it's perfectly adequate for my needs.
      I also buy different flavour liquids to use in it, which makes a nice change sometimes.

A lot of people use this system to cut down and stop altogether, and I've read about a lot of successes.
      I might go down that road at some point in the future, but for now I'm perfectly happy with this new way of getting my fix.

I'm not going to try and say it's for everyone, and as well as that I still go outside to use it rather than have people giving me disgusted looks and then trying to explain it's not tobacco smoke.
      It also doesn't smell like tobacco does, but because it produces a vapour which looks like tobacco smoke, people jump to the inevitable (wrong) conclusion, so I find it easier just to step out for a few minutes from the pub/club/restaurant.

Overall, I'd recommend this system.
      It costs a few quid to get started (under 50 for me) but soon shows quite big savings over tobacco.
      The health benefits are more immediate, and are pretty much the same (or were for me) as stopping smokes immediately.

If anyone is looking to quit for the new year or whenever, I'd recommend it.

For info, I got my kit here:
      http://myepack.co.uk/

There's lots of sites around, but I went with this one recommended by a mate.
      « Last Edit: Dec 18, 2013 06:53:46 pm by Swab »
      HKIred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 751 posts | 34 
      Re: "Vaping". Smoking cessation with E-Cigs
      Reply #1: Dec 19, 2013 04:43:34 pm
      Good for you.

After 25 years of smoking, I switched vaping two years ago and I have't looked back  :D

And if we are advertising, then I have tested +10 different kits and my current favorite is
      SPOILER (Tap to show)
      Odd Job
      • Banned

• 2,112 posts | 49 
      • Luis Suarez could nutmeg a mermaid
      Reply #2: Dec 19, 2013 05:12:23 pm
      They sell them in St Johns not the market the actual shopping centre itself, never thought of trying them. Might try them on Saturday if it isn't busy.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #3: Dec 19, 2013 06:29:33 pm
      Good for you.

After 25 years of smoking, I switched vaping two years ago and I have't looked back  :D

And if we are advertising, then I have tested +10 different kits and my current favorite is
      SPOILER (Tap to show)

That's a nice one alright.

I might give that one a go when the itaste goes tits up, which it's sure to do at some point (I've got a cheap spare as well ;)  )

I haven't really got into the different flavours too much yet, but I think I'm going to try a few more of them.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #4: Dec 23, 2013 09:22:05 pm
      Try these guys..http://www.totallywicked-eliquid.co.uk
      All the e-juices made by TW are from the UK and are EU regulated..and are reasonably priced as well
      You just gotta be careful when you're buying your juice that it's not some crazy mix from China that could harm you in the long run as not enough research has been done on the long term effects.. one things for sure is that you don't fill your lungs with up to 4,000 toxins each time you drag on an analogue..
      I started on 2.4mg of a nicotine hit and i'm now Vaping 0mg nicotine in various tasty Red Label flavours..through my RCS -V3 Tornado.
      I'm a Vapaholic !!
      My Breathing, sense of smell, taste and general overall health is a million times better and improving all the time..
      Totally agree though , fantastic way to pack in the stinkies this January...
      « Last Edit: Dec 23, 2013 10:20:31 pm by 6stringer »
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,999 posts | 3950 
      Reply #5: Dec 23, 2013 10:52:52 pm
      Haven't had a ciggy in 5 days, wondering about getting a vape outfit.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #6: Dec 23, 2013 11:23:35 pm
      Haven't had a ciggy in 5 days, wondering about getting a vape outfit.
      Its well worth it mate..
      I seriously haven't looked back..
      Although, if, as you have said, you can go 5 days without a bifter then you could pack in for good without a Vape kit..
      I tried the patches and the gum and I just couldn't do it.. Then a mate introduced me to Vaping and I was hooked immediately..Once I got the nicotine balance right to start with I just gradually worked my way down the nic chart..
      The cash you save is amazing as well..
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #7: Dec 24, 2013 12:00:14 am
      I had two cigs a couple of weeks ago, cured my hankering for another year or two.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,999 posts | 3950 
      Reply #8: Dec 24, 2013 09:22:17 am
      Its well worth it mate..
      I seriously haven't looked back..
      Although, if, as you have said, you can go 5 days without a bifter then you could pack in for good without a Vape kit..
      I tried the patches and the gum and I just couldn't do it.. Then a mate introduced me to Vaping and I was hooked immediately..Once I got the nicotine balance right to start with I just gradually worked my way down the nic chart..
      The cash you save is amazing as well..

It's different strokes mate, my Mrs is hooked on the chewies but they do nothing for me. Had a bevvy the other night and left the ciggies alone so I'm doing something rite.
      If I had to pay full wack I'd have give them a miss years ago but my daughter is aircrew and gets 'em cheap, although money is irrelevant in that situation.
      Have a go with the vape maybe, can't do any harm. 
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #9: Dec 24, 2013 06:54:25 pm
      It's different strokes mate, my Mrs is hooked on the chewies but they do nothing for me. Had a bevvy the other night and left the ciggies alone so I'm doing something rite.
      If I had to pay full wack I'd have give them a miss years ago but my daughter is aircrew and gets 'em cheap, although money is irrelevant in that situation.

Works a treat for me.

I'd recommend giving it a go.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #10: Dec 24, 2013 07:46:26 pm
      Paul packed in the ciggies in April by vaping.  He's still using them now and has lots of different flavours.  I tried them but still needed the 'hit' of nicotine and couldn't be bothered with all the charging up, re wicking etc as I'm away from home 3 days a week, so for me it's still ciggies.

Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #11: Dec 25, 2013 08:32:09 am
      stuey I gave the ciggies away 21 years ago next week,I went cold turkey and looking back it is the best thing I ever did.I used to smoke about 30 Rothmans a day.Stick with it mate and you won't regret it.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #12: Dec 25, 2013 11:49:17 am
      Santa got me a couple of 5ml bottles of tasty e-juices this morning..
      Banana flavour & Coconut flavour.. just mixed em up now...Nice !..
      I'll probably vape a bottle during tomorrows game..
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #13: Jan 06, 2014 07:35:09 pm
      Just wondering if anyone has switched to the e-cig juice as a substitute for the dreaded bifters as move in to the new year?... if so how are getting on?...
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,999 posts | 3950 
      Reply #14: Jan 19, 2014 08:49:05 am
      Works a treat for me.

I'd recommend giving it a go.

Got the vape gear over 2 weeks ago and haven't had a ciggie, I do notice tho' I'm getting really wheezy and short of breath, was wondering is this a side effect with the actual vapour and has anyone else experienced this.
      Thought maybe it could be the effects of all those years smoking catching up now there's nothing masking it.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #15: Jan 19, 2014 01:32:16 pm
      Got the vape gear over 2 weeks ago and haven't had a ciggie, I do notice tho' I'm getting really wheezy and short of breath, was wondering is this a side effect with the actual vapour and has anyone else experienced this.
      Thought maybe it could be the effects of all those years smoking catching up now there's nothing masking it.

Yeah it's your body clearing out all the crap Stuey, it'll go eventually mate.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #16: Jan 19, 2014 01:40:10 pm
      Yeah it's your body clearing out all the crap Stuey, it'll go eventually mate.

Yeah, agree, if you've been smoking for a while then it takes a few months for the body to completely get rid of all the tar and other crap that's accumulated. It is well worth quitting though, it's been over 10 years since I last smoked, I still have to occasional cuban cigar and have tried these vapo things once or twice, they seem like a good idea but don't really do much for me.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,999 posts | 3950 
      Reply #17: Jan 19, 2014 05:25:20 pm
      Thanks guys, was actually thinking of knockin it in the head but will carry on now I know it's par for the course.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #18: Jan 19, 2014 08:09:00 pm
      Thanks guys, was actually thinking of knockin it in the head but will carry on now I know it's par for the course.

First of all , well done Stuey for giving it a real go..You haven't said how long you have been smoking or what strength and amount but i'm sure you'll agree to go 2 whole weeks without lighting up is pretty impressive..
      I agree with the other guys.. It'll be your system clearing itself out..
      There's no embarrassment going and chatting about it to your GP you know..he'll be on your side and will prob give you something for your wheezing.. either way he's not gonna give you a hard time..
      What nicotine strength is the juice you're vaping ?..
      Most people I've spoke to who vape take about a month or so to settle on strength and flavour but once they find the right balance it's goodbye tobacco..
      My choice at the mo is Totally Wicked's Cinnamon 1.1 strength & 0.6 strength Columbian Coffee mixed together.. vey nice indeed... 8), mainly of an evening with a drink or three ;)..I bought an extra tank with pretty much zero strength Blackberry in it during the day at work..
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,999 posts | 3950 
      Reply #19: Jan 19, 2014 09:02:38 pm
      Cheers mate been was smoking  for 40+ years, the strength is pretty high on the stuff I'm using but I'll lower it as I go.
      On cherry vape at the moment with the slightest suggestion of tobacco, I've got inhalers off the doc but still get short of breath, it'll sort itself out.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #20: Feb 03, 2014 07:47:38 pm
      Cheers mate been was smoking  for 40+ years, the strength is pretty high on the stuff I'm using but I'll lower it as I go.
      On cherry vape at the moment with the slightest suggestion of tobacco, I've got inhalers off the doc but still get short of breath, it'll sort itself out.

Hows the wheezing/chesty cough mate?.. any better?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,999 posts | 3950 
      Reply #21: Feb 03, 2014 08:31:05 pm
      Still haven't had a ciggy mate but still wheezy, have you heard of people getting choked using the vape?
      I got some vape off e-bay but I don't think it's kosher, gonna stick to the local shop in future.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #22: Feb 03, 2014 08:56:00 pm
      Still haven't had a ciggy mate but still wheezy, have you heard of people getting choked using the vape?
      I got some vape off e-bay but I don't think it's kosher, gonna stick to the local shop in future.

Vape is infact vapour which can dry your mouth out..so have a bottle o water to help things..
      Haven't tried any of the juice off e-bay as i've bought all mine from Totally Wicked local shop.. Is there a TW shop near you?.. worth trying a bottle of what they offer..
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,999 posts | 3950 
      Reply #23: Feb 03, 2014 09:12:13 pm
      Vape is infact vapour which can dry your mouth out..so have a bottle o water to help things..
      Haven't tried any of the juice off e-bay as i've bought all mine from Totally Wicked local shop.. Is there a TW shop near you?.. worth trying a bottle of what they offer..

There's a Don Vaper shop so I'll see what they got there.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #24: Feb 03, 2014 10:00:07 pm
      There's a Don Vaper shop so I'll see what they got there.
      Totally Wicked Liverpool
      27 Tarleton Street, Liverpool L1 1DS
      Tel:0151 345 0930
      Totallywickedliverpool@gmail.com

Try this shop next time your in town .. once you've had a gander you can buy on line if its easier.. decent prices too..
      www.totallywicked-eliquid.co.uk
      « Last Edit: Feb 03, 2014 10:11:01 pm by 6stringer »
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,999 posts | 3950 
      Reply #25: Feb 03, 2014 10:18:23 pm
      Star man, cheers mate.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #26: Feb 04, 2014 03:58:19 pm
      Yep, stay away from ebay and buy only from reputable shops or sites.

The http://myepack.co.uk/ site is where I get my liquids from. Good prices as well, but I reckon they are much of a muchness when you get right down to it.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,999 posts | 3950 
      Reply #27: Feb 06, 2014 10:42:10 am
      Yep, stay away from ebay and buy only from reputable shops or sites.

The http://myepack.co.uk/ site is where I get my liquids from. Good prices as well, but I reckon they are much of a muchness when you get right down to it.

Intend doing so, unregulated sources selling potentially hazardous items is a no no. 
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,578 posts | 6916 
      Reply #28: Feb 09, 2014 01:21:41 am
      Been on these things for a week. 

How much liquid do people go through? Today was the first time I had to recharge the battery in it.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #29: Feb 09, 2014 06:57:29 am

How much liquid do people go through? 

It depends what ale house you are in JD.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #30: Feb 10, 2014 01:32:01 pm

How much liquid do people go through? Today was the first time I had to recharge the battery in it.

You don't say what weapon of choice you have JD but here's a pic of mine..

I bought an extra battery , so one on charge , one on the go..
      The juice bottle holds 10ml which lasts me about a week.. ;)
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,578 posts | 6916 
      Reply #31: Feb 10, 2014 01:47:36 pm
      You don't say what weapon of choice you have JD but here's a pic of mine..

Vision V2 I think - all looks pretty similar on the outside to that kit.  Just took a recommendation off a friend.

Yeah, think I may go about a week to 10 days with 10ml.  Just checking I wasn't hammering it really!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,999 posts | 3950 
      Reply #32: Feb 10, 2014 02:00:19 pm
      Think I got the highest strength, 18ml I think it is, deffo go lower now. Moderate use should see you get a fortnight out of the small liquid bottle, I suppose if you hammer it a week.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #33: Feb 14, 2014 03:59:37 pm
      Glad to see so many here making the switch.

Currently, I'm trying hard to resist a bad case of shiny-itis.
      I got the mini protank, and got sent some info about customising it with bigger tanks, different batteries different wicks etc.

I also know I look a bit of a plonker down the pub puffing away on the itaste, but F**k it, I'm not the one stood out in the lashing rain and howling wind to get my nicotine fix  :laugh:

Since the weather turned bad, the first thing I did on going into a pub was ask about their e-cig policy.
      Only wetherspoons so far have told me no, and I don't mind that because it's a shithole and I hardly ever go in there.

I still don't use it in restaurants, or even ask about a policy. It just seems bad form to me to be puffing out clouds (even though it's only water vapour) when people are eating.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #34: Feb 14, 2014 09:01:38 pm
      Yea, I'd be a bit dubious about puffing away on my e-cig in a restaurant, cafe even..especially if i've got the kids with me , just draws unwanted attention to yourself..even if they are relaxed about the policy..
      Dunno whether it's just me noticing more but loads of people I see out and about, in cars/vans, walking down the street are vaping..just goes to show how many people did actually smoke ciggies at one time and are killing off the habit at last.
      The lad in the shop I get my juice from said business has gone through the roof these last 6 months or so..as more and more people make the switch.
      My boss at work vapes away on his tank of Cherry Menthol at his desk so he's cool with me about it which is dead funny when all the smokers have been coming back in to work lately pissed wet through, stinking and freezing after their fag break.
      It is amazing for me that I smoked for nearly 30 years and from the day I started vaping i haven't had one ciggie..The money i've saved is ridiculous..
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #35: Feb 28, 2014 12:11:22 pm
      Got some Snake Oil.

Best taste ever.

http://tmax-juices.co.uk/
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #36: Mar 12, 2014 04:15:21 pm
      National No Smoking Day today !!.. :)
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,189 posts | 6346 
      Reply #37: Mar 12, 2014 04:17:36 pm
      It just seems bad form to me to be puffing out clouds (even though it's only water vapour) when people are eating.
      Can I just applaud you for this stance. If more smokers were this reasoned and seemingly considerate, I think at least here in the states people wouldn't make as big of a war against smokers as they do.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,143 posts | 4897 
      Reply #38: Mar 12, 2014 04:27:40 pm
      I still don't use it in restaurants, or even ask about a policy. It just seems bad form to me to be puffing out clouds (even though it's only water vapour) when people are eating.

I agree Swab and wish others shared your view. In the shopping centre foodcourt where I work you see many people puffing away at these and I just think it should still be kept outdoors like normal cigarettes.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,999 posts | 3950 
      Reply #39: Mar 12, 2014 04:41:07 pm
      National No Smoking Day today !!.. :)

Passed with flying colours.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #40: Mar 12, 2014 05:07:07 pm
      I agree Swab and wish others shared your view. In the shopping centre foodcourt where I work you see many people puffing away at these and I just think it should still be kept outdoors like normal cigarettes.

Maybe because it (the vapour produced) doesn't smell or linger in the way tobacco smoke does, people think it's more acceptable, and in some ways, they'd be right.

When I made my decision, it was more about the psychological aspect of it.
      What I mean is that someones first reaction is going to be that it's tobacco smoke, followed by a realisation that it's not, but by then the damage is done, and someones enjoyment of a meal or whatever is tainted.

Besides which, I was brought up to "have some manners" and taught that it's rude to smoke whilst others are eating, and it's ingrained in me.

I think some people just like to flaunt it, and almost relish a bit of an argument because they aren't breaking any rules or laws, which is somewhat understandable given the social pariahs smokers have become over the last few years.

I don't get that way meself, but I can understand why some people might.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #41: Mar 13, 2014 06:55:02 am

Bloody hell stuey I thought you said pissed with flying colours.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,999 posts | 3950 
      Reply #42: Mar 13, 2014 10:39:30 am
      Bloody hell stuey I thought you said pissed with flying colours.

Done that as well Billy, probably repeat the achievement this weekend if not sooner.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #43: Dec 04, 2014 07:55:54 pm
      Just bought one of these

Great vape.
      I've had to turn it down a bit because the battery is so powerful.
      I'm getting a protank to go with it.
      And of course, some more Snake oil. I now keep 50ml brewing whilst vaping 50ml. It generally lasts around a month, because I usually mix in other oils with it at a ratio of about 5 to 1.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #44: Dec 07, 2014 09:40:30 pm
      Just bought one of these

Great vape.
      I've had to turn it down a bit because the battery is so powerful.
      I'm getting a protank to go with it.
      And of course, some more Snake oil. I now keep 50ml brewing whilst vaping 50ml. It generally lasts around a month, because I usually mix in other oils with it at a ratio of about 5 to 1.

Thats one mean looking vaping machine...
      What was the Dollar on something like that Swab?.. if you don't mind me asking like...
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,999 posts | 3950 
      Reply #45: Feb 01, 2015 09:28:54 pm
      The Vape mouthpiece to the knock and I haven't had anything for three F***ing weeks! Had a bevvy as well a few times and still left it out.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #46: Mar 12, 2015 05:02:35 pm
      Thats one mean looking vaping machine...
      What was the Dollar on something like that Swab?.. if you don't mind me asking like...

the MVP is under 30 quid (MVP 2)

I've just bought a Kayfun rebuildable atomiser as well, and if anyone is interested this place http://www.mrslord.co.uk/ is doing bogof on 24mg juices while stocks last. I know it's a bit strong but it can always be mixed with some 6mg to bring it down a bit, and the juices from this site are F***ing fabulous.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #47: Mar 16, 2015 06:20:21 am
      thinking of picking up a vape to smoke weed with, i smoke cigarettes socially, not daily, but i end up smoking them daily through bongs. i know mixing tobacco with your green is the worst and i need to get away from it while i'm still relatively young. it's a big change to go to if you love bongs!!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,999 posts | 3950 
      Reply #48: Mar 18, 2015 09:29:24 am
      thinking of picking up a vape to smoke weed with, i smoke cigarettes socially, not daily, but i end up smoking them daily through bongs. i know mixing tobacco with your green is the worst and i need to get away from it while i'm still relatively young. it's a big change to go to if you love bongs!!

Don't believe it would be any good mate, filters is what Vaping is all about and it would only affect the blow.
      Haven't smoked blow for some time but I did use it for 35 years although nearly always in a spliff.
      If the bong does it for you mate and that is blow in it's purest form using a contraption like that would be a complete waste of time.
      Bier
      Reply #49: Mar 18, 2015 10:36:55 am
      Don't believe it would be any good mate, filters is what Vaping is all about and it would only affect the blow.
      Haven't smoked blow for some time but I did use it for 35 years although nearly always in a spliff.
      If the bong does it for you mate and that is blow in it's purest form using a contraption like that would be a complete waste of time.

Smoking weed with a vaporizer is actually common and was a thing already long before these e-cigs started popping up. It's actually much healthier, it's like inhaling pure THC without the harmful carcinogens. A bong is actually quite unhealthy as you're still inhaling smoke, contains alot of carcinogens, vaporizing is much purer and less damaging to your lungs.

You don't have to add tobacco with a bong though?
      « Last Edit: Mar 18, 2015 11:03:11 am by Bier »
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,999 posts | 3950 
      Reply #50: Mar 18, 2015 02:10:10 pm
      Smoking weed with a vaporizer is actually common and was a thing already long before these e-cigs started popping up. It's actually much healthier, it's like inhaling pure THC without the harmful carcinogens. A bong is actually quite unhealthy as you're still inhaling smoke, contains alot of carcinogens, vaporizing is much purer and less damaging to your lungs.

You don't have to add tobacco with a bong though?

Using the bong in the strict sense does not include tobacco, with either hash, bush or skunk. Smoking pot has never been healthy, still insist vaping the blow is detrimental to the experience.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #51: Mar 18, 2015 02:14:21 pm

You can get a vaper for this if you want one.
      I'm reliably informed that a "volcano" is the best one, but there are different systems as well, and you can get vape atomisers that burn weed.

Contrary to what some think, vaping has nothing to do with filters. What you burn is exactly what you vape with no filtration system in an atomiser or clearomiser.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,999 posts | 3950 
      Reply #52: Mar 18, 2015 02:55:12 pm
      You can get a vaper for this if you want one.
      I'm reliably informed that a "volcano" is the best one, but there are different systems as well, and you can get vape atomisers that burn weed.

Contrary to what some think, vaping has nothing to do with filters. What you burn is exactly what you vape with no filtration system in an atomiser or clearomiser.

Have you smoked pot with a bong?
      To answer the lad's question experience of both activities is required.
      Vaping, filters, atomisers, purifiers, clearomisers, Scroogomisers are not the relevant point, the lad wants to know if he will get the same hit - I was endeavouring to shed some light on the subject having smoked bongs, spliffs, hubbly bubblies, pipes with pot and all manner of tobacco accessories. 
      « Last Edit: Mar 18, 2015 03:11:18 pm by stuey »
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #53: Mar 18, 2015 03:42:41 pm
      Have you smoked pot with a bong?
      To answer the lad's question experience of both activities is required.
      Vaping, filters, atomisers, purifiers, clearomisers, Scroogomisers are not the relevant point, the lad wants to know if he will get the same hit - I was endeavouring to shed some light on the subject having smoked bongs, spliffs, hubbly bubblies, pipes with pot and all manner of tobacco accessories.

And I was telling him there are no filters in any vaping equipment, and that vaping equipment for what he wants already exists.
      In fact he'll get a much better and cleaner smoke from a vaporiser than from anything else.

His question was about if he could "vape" pot, and the answer is yes he can.
      Bier
      Reply #54: Mar 18, 2015 04:04:46 pm
      Using the bong in the strict sense does not include tobacco, with either hash, bush or skunk. Smoking pot has never been healthy, still insist vaping the blow is detrimental to the experience.

I know it doesn't include tobacco, or doesn't have to, that's why I commented on what Del Boca Vista said, about mixing it with tobacco and wanting to move away from that and the bong. He can do one without the other. But even without tobacco, firing weed up produces toxic smoke.

I've experienced both, and a vaporizer is in no way detrimental to the experience, I'd even say the opposite. There's specific vaporizers for weed. What it does is take out the combustion part, which produces the most toxic and cancerous substances. Instead of firing it up it's heated just enough for the psychoactive cannabinoids to vaporize. I read that with a vaporizer you inhale 95% cannabinoids, while with combustion it's 12%. It's pretty heavy stuff, instant too.
      « Last Edit: Mar 18, 2015 04:29:32 pm by Bier »
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,999 posts | 3950 
      Reply #55: Mar 18, 2015 05:12:03 pm
      I know it doesn't include tobacco, or doesn't have to, that's why I commented on what Del Boca Vista said, about mixing it with tobacco and wanting to move away from that and the bong. He can do one without the other. But even without tobacco, firing weed up produces toxic smoke.

I've experienced both, and a vaporizer is in no way detrimental to the experience, I'd even say the opposite. There's specific vaporizers for weed. What it does is take out the combustion part, which produces the most toxic and cancerous substances. Instead of firing it up it's heated just enough for the psychoactive cannabinoids to vaporize. I read that with a vaporizer you inhale 95% cannabinoids, while with combustion it's 12%. It's pretty heavy stuff, instant too.

Fairy muff but I know which is the more authentic blow and if you're paying £100+ an ounce if there's any doubt about ingredients being eliminated the authentic choice is the one to go with.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #56: Mar 18, 2015 05:23:20 pm

My lad quit ciggies not long after me and bought a vaporiser for his pot.
      He says he gets more off it for less put into it, so it would seem his experience backs up your stats.
      Then again, he smokes the green stuff and not the sh*t they try to pass off as "hash" these days.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #57: Mar 18, 2015 05:36:34 pm
      Back to vaping, I got one of these recently to go with the kayfun 4 atomiser

The kayfun has 3 different configurations so you can alter tank size

It looks complex, but isn't really.

The tall piece that looks like a chimney stack is basically an injection system for the vape juice.

The small part on the far right with 4 screws on top is the part that creates the vape.
      This is done by making your own coil like this:

Then high grade cotton is threaded through the coil, and hangs down the sides into where the juice is injected.
      As the juice is pulled up the cotton by the heat of the coil and then heated, it turns to vapour, and this in turn is drawn up through a central part into the mouthpiece.

The advantages of this system are that you get a much cleaner, smoother vape, it produces more vapour and a lower strength of nicotine is needed.
      The disadvantage is that it is fiddly and more time consuming to set up (albeit cheaper), but I've found that after doing it a few times, it starts to become a lot quicker.
      The coil is made by wrapping Kanthal wire around a suitable object, (I use a small screwdriver), and then trapping under the screws.

I still keep and use old atomisers like the protank, but I'm moving away from that system slowly but surely.

A coil will last at least 2 weeks, but the wicks need to be replaced every few days.
      Bier
      Reply #58: Mar 18, 2015 05:38:34 pm
      Fairy muff but I know which is the more authentic blow and if you're paying £100+ an ounce if there's any doubt about ingredients being eliminated the authentic choice is the one to go with.

Authentic blow and authentic choice? Is that like smoking granny's weed? How conservative of you.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,999 posts | 3950 
      Reply #59: Mar 18, 2015 07:51:25 pm
      Authentic blow and authentic choice? Is that like smoking granny's weed? How conservative of you.

No mate that's like smoking sh*t hot skunk that knocks you down if you don't treat it with respect.
      Sounds to me as tho you been tokin on your juvenile vape gear and wandering way off topic.
      Granny fixation or what??
      Leave it out if I was you.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #60: Apr 30, 2015 05:26:48 pm
      Took delivery earlier of a kangertech Subtank mini.

This atomiser gives you the best of both worlds.
      There are 2 "decks", one for building your own coils and wicks on, and then the premade OCC coils, which you cal also re-wick and re-coil if you want to.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #61: Jun 18, 2015 05:39:53 pm
      The latest addition to my atomiser collection is the veritable nautilus mini.

I also have an ijust 2 kit on order.

Shiny things ;D
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,189 posts | 6346 
      Reply #62: Jun 18, 2015 06:02:30 pm
      The latest addition to my atomiser collection is the veritable nautilus mini.

I also have an ijust 2 kit on order.

Shiny things ;D

So you have stopped "smoking" and are now addicted to vaporizers? Way to go? ;D
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #63: Jun 18, 2015 06:06:46 pm
      So you have stopped "smoking" and are now addicted to vaporizers? Way to go? ;D

Nope, I'm working my way down to vaping all the time with 0% nicotine, and I do it because I enjoy it, not because of addiction.
      I go through the day using a weak (3mg) juice alternated with a 0% juice in different atomisers.
      In fact I can and do vape with 0% nicotine juices exclusively some days when I feel like it, and I don't really miss the nicotine at all.
      Problem is I stocked up n 3mg juices and I don't want to just chuck them  :laugh:
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #64: Sep 10, 2015 02:28:18 pm
      Broke my vaping mod whilst on hols and had to replace it, so I ended up buying the Solara DNA40.
      The DNA40 refers to the type of chip used, and is a 40w mod with variable voltage and wattage, plus temperature control.

Cracking bit of kit though, and much, much better than my previous mod as it delivers the power more efficiently.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #65: Sep 04, 2016 03:23:53 pm
      Ain't had a ciggie for 3 days :)
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #66: Sep 04, 2016 03:28:59 pm
      All these people giving up smoking....they just can't commit to anything :)
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 189 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #67: Dec 14, 2016 08:48:41 am
      Nearly a year off the ciggs on a very mild ecig and still not One cig think I've done well.
      friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #68: Dec 14, 2016 09:58:08 am
      Nearly a year off the ciggs on a very mild ecig and still not One cig think I've done well.

Good work mate, I've been off cigs for almost 2 years now with an e-cig. Yesterday was my first day on 0% nicotine and I'm doing ok so far...

Need to quit entirely by end of January as I'm going travelling and most countries I won't be able to get hold of e-cig stuff, definitely don't wanna start on the proper cigs again.

All on track so far!
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,276 posts | 799 
      Reply #69: Jan 25, 2017 02:30:20 pm
      Have tried patches and e-cigs and cold turkey, still doing almost 20 a day like I have done for the last 40 years! got a hypnotherapist session end of March (95 quid) 1 hour and half... last chance saloon.

The brother got laser treatment (I'll be fu**ed if I can wrap my head around how that works, but anyway) and he's been off them for about 6 months or so now.

If I remember correctly, it's about £250. So quite expensive but if it works....

Quick Reply