Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Jose Mourinho, the hypocrite.

Read 39941 times
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Re: Jose Mourinho, the hypocrite.
      Reply #69: Feb 04, 2014 11:24:33 am
      Anyone who attempts to denigrate Mourinho's achievements in this disingenous way deserves no more of my time

I didn't say he achieved anything, now whose being disingenous (sic).
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #70: Feb 04, 2014 01:41:17 pm
      you could argue that having spent the money the pressure to succeed is even greater.Like others have said I despise the man but I would look pretty foolish trying to criticise his ability to put out a team and stifle City's goal rush and in doing so being unlucky not to come away with a 3 or 4 goal winning margin.He is a tactician and a very very good one.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #71: Feb 04, 2014 01:54:21 pm
      I do see a similarity to bacon face with the arrogance and wind ups, needless to say that's as far as it goes, the deviousness, cheating and underhand tactics could never be matched.
      manwithnoname
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 31 
      Reply #72: Feb 04, 2014 02:21:53 pm
      I do see a similarity to bacon face with the arrogance and wind ups, needless to say that's as far as it goes, the deviousness, cheating and underhand tactics could never be matched.

He's clearly a better manager than Pellegrini, that's not up for debate. He's a better manager than Moyes. That's not up for debate either. But there's a reason why he isn't United manager, and isn't still Madrid's manager: he has a very unique way of managing the club, his players and the media.

It very often works - as evidenced by his spectacular success everywhere he has managed - but acrimony, blame and disquiet very often go with the Mourinho package.

One of the best managers ever? Yes.
      Current best manager in the world? Debateable.
      Detestable hypocrite and all-round weapon? Indisputable.

But I'd take him, because he guarantees success.
      Monobrow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,425 posts | 27 
      Reply #73: Feb 04, 2014 02:45:52 pm
      You guys kicking off about him talking sh*t all the time are missing the point I think. He's a wind up merchant, he just enjoys winding everyone up. It gets him publicity and creates a sub story which deflects interest off his team.

Don't feed the troll.

I personally find him hilarious.
      yacster
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 524 posts |
      Reply #74: Feb 04, 2014 02:53:34 pm
      man city's 442 only works with fernandinho playing. Would be interesting to see how the cup match goes. If Fer isn't back and pellegrini plays 442 then he ll lose again
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #75: Feb 04, 2014 03:18:52 pm
      man city's 442 only works with fernandinho playing. Would be interesting to see how the cup match goes. If Fer isn't back and pellegrini plays 442 then he ll lose again

Fernandhino is a huge loss for them, particularly as (great player though he is) Yaya Toure only ambles around the pitch much of the time. The Brazillian is the engine of the team, and De Michaelis is garbage IMHo as a centre back never mind as a midfielder.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #76: Feb 04, 2014 03:38:25 pm
      Maureen despite being a despicable man who is an enemy of all that football stands for, there is no doubting his football genius!
      Yup he is a c**t.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #77: Feb 04, 2014 10:23:11 pm
      But I'd take him, because he guarantees success.

Hard to prove really as in the last 11 years he has outspent all opposition, and in every league been in the top 2 teams.
      More importantly his team has been on the way up and spending fortunes when he arrived. Now how is this genius?
      If the managers impact is say 20% at most and the teams is 80% at least. If your team is in the top 1 or 2 in a 2 horse league and you a gearing up for war. Is it really genius to get the result. Look at EPL and La Liga: 3 leagues in 7 seasons. HE managed the richest team in both leagues. So answer me this: was it really genius? All yours boys.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #78: Feb 04, 2014 10:33:51 pm
      Utter f**king horseshit.

The treble with Inter Milan? Yeah, talk to Benitez about that one. He did very well following him.
      Porto winning the European Cup? Amazing.
      And Chelsea were challenging for f**k all under Ranieri, because Ranieri is a f**king sh*t manager. They turned into a real force when Mourinho took over.

He took Pellegrini's Real Madrid and turned them from gallant losers to Champions.

Of course he prefers to have access to great players and funds, but he's done it without that, too. He's won the title in four different leagues. He's won the European Cup with two different clubs, neither were favourites to do so, but he outwitted the likes of Juve, United, Barcelona and Bayern to do it.

Mourinho is a quite wonderful football manager and his record and trophy haul back that up. He's going to be remembered as one of the all-time greats.

Still a massive bellend, mind you.

Wow, that escalated quickly.

Not quite sure about the Ranieri comment in the slightest. When Abramovic took over he essentially built the basis for Jose to then win the league, any manager that came into that Chelsea team and given that much money following a season of heavy spending before it was going to win the league simply because it wasn't as competitive as it is now and back then a team like Chelsea coming into money would blow anyone out the water because nobody could compete with them financially, now it is a lot closer and the teams challenging have a lot more money and financial flexibility. Ranieri would have won the league if he was given another season, it was never going to be a first season wonder of winning it because the squad, despite spending that much money still had a lot of vulnerabilities that needed to be boosted the following summer. That though was the start of Roman's itchy trigger finger on sacking managers.

As for this topic about Jose. He complains about West Ham playing but Chelsea do the exact same thing. Work that one out.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #79: Feb 04, 2014 10:44:39 pm
      Wow, that escalated quickly.

Not quite sure about the Ranieri comment in the slightest. When Abramovic took over he essentially built the basis for Jose to then win the league, any manager that came into that Chelsea team and given that much money following a season of heavy spending before it was going to win the league simply because it wasn't as competitive as it is now and back then a team like Chelsea coming into money would blow anyone out the water because nobody could compete with them financially, now it is a lot closer and the teams challenging have a lot more money and financial flexibility. Ranieri would have won the league if he was given another season, it was never going to be a first season wonder of winning it because the squad, despite spending that much money still had a lot of vulnerabilities that needed to be boosted the following summer. That though was the start of Roman's itchy trigger finger on sacking managers.

As for this topic about Jose. He complains about West Ham playing but Chelsea do the exact same thing. Work that one out.
      That's what I wanted to say but my brain gets in the way.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #80: Feb 05, 2014 01:09:02 pm
      Hard to prove really as in the last 11 years he has outspent all opposition, and in every league been in the top 2 teams.
      More importantly his team has been on the way up and spending fortunes when he arrived. Now how is this genius?
      If the managers impact is say 20% at most and the teams is 80% at least. If your team is in the top 1 or 2 in a 2 horse league and you a gearing up for war. Is it really genius to get the result. Look at EPL and La Liga: 3 leagues in 7 seasons. HE managed the richest team in both leagues. So answer me this: was it really genius? All yours boys.

Yep pretty much how i see it mate.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #81: Feb 10, 2014 04:26:56 pm
       Jose Mourinho: Chelsea boss wants ban for Man City's Toure
      Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho says Manchester City's Yaya Toure should be banned after appearing to kick Norwich's Ricky van Wolfswinkel.

Toure, 30, could face a three-game ban for the incident, which took place during City's 0-0 draw at Carrow Road.

"If he is not suspended the message is clear - you can do what you want," said Mourinho. "If the FA defends football he has to be suspended."

The Football Association is awaiting referee Jon Moss's report.

More to follow. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26123837

I have no idea why he'd want Toure to be banned:  :roll:

Chelsea's next 3 games
      West Brom v Chelsea       
      Man City v Chelsea
      Chelsea v Everton

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #82: Feb 10, 2014 06:47:47 pm
      Christ almighty. You dislike Wenger more than Mourinho? No respect for a football manager who's legitimately achieved his success through hard work and intelligence but more for a mouthy, cocky and free loader like Mourinho? What the actual f**k? Your  comments border on trolling and a piss poor attempt at that.
      You are saying Wenger is a success? If Arsenal are meant to be a selling club to waste 40m on Ozil then yes he has successfully achieved that. Calm down in the abuse towards people with different opinions please.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #83: Feb 10, 2014 07:02:22 pm
      You are saying Wenger is a success? If Arsenal are meant to be a selling club to waste 40m on Ozil then yes he has successfully achieved that. Calm down in the abuse towards people with different opinions please.

F**k sake man have a word with yourself! Did you only start following football in the last couple of years? I can at least be honest and upfront by saying the Arsenal team that went through the league season unbeaten 10 years ago was perhaps the finest title winners I have seen. So yes - obviously Wenger is a success. You must also be the only one proclaiming Ozil a failure - sure he's been nothing the last couple of months but is that just reason to dismiss him when he's had three or so years of playing world class stuff? Besides why should I take your opinion? I remember you saying earlier this season just before we beat West Brom at home in October that if we didn't win 'Rodgers should be sacked' despite being at the top end of the table. Knee jerker isn't the word to describe someone like you. Comedian? Perhaps.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #84: Feb 10, 2014 07:04:40 pm

Wenger is an outstanding manager who I personally have a lot of respect for. As for labelling Ozil a waste, considering it's his first season, he had a massive impact when he first arrived and has had a dip in form. He's widely regarded by those who know a lot more about football than any of us as one of, if not the, best player of his type in the world.

As for success, it's measured in many ways and 9 out of 10 people would say Arsene has been a tremendous success for Arsenal. They're currently 1 point off the top of the league still in the F.A. Cup and in the last 16 of the CL, going pretty damn well for them so far.
      yacster
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 524 posts |
      Reply #85: Feb 10, 2014 07:54:01 pm
      Jose is so tedious. All this stuff with city is boring
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #86: Feb 10, 2014 08:19:36 pm
      Wenger and Ferguson are far better managers than Maureen, because not only have they had success with one team, they have then been able to rebuild that team, something Maureen has never stayed around long enough to achieve. Without money Maureen would be a flop of a manager but because of the vast money thrown at him he can afford to get the very best players and because he has an even bigger ego than they have it works for him.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,693 posts | 892 
      Reply #87: Feb 10, 2014 08:47:48 pm
       I don't belive that he talks shitt to deflect the press focus on him rather then his team. He talks shitt because he likes being talked about. He is a attention whore. Also a deluded one at that, at least talk some sense Jose.
      He tries to be smart and cheeky,  but comes out as a child.

He just talks crap, without giving a explanation or what's the reason behind his comments.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #88: Feb 10, 2014 11:04:27 pm
      I don't belive that he talks shitt to deflect the press focus on him rather then his team. He talks shitt because he likes being talked about. He is a attention whore. Also a deluded one at that, at least talk some sense Jose.
      He tries to be smart and cheeky,  but comes out as a child.

He just talks crap, without giving a explanation or what's the reason behind his comments.

I partly agree with this. I think he not only craves the media attention but he uses it to create an atmosphere around himself. To get people to have an opinion about him. Love him/ Hate him and to use this to make his opposition think about him an have doubts. When we play chelsea I think we should know our plan and stick to it.

Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #89: Feb 11, 2014 04:28:51 pm
      Can't see it sorry. He has spent far too much money and come in to teams who were challenging anyway and then spent more. He is just taking the credit for what would happen anyway.

How many managers do you think are better than him in world football and who are they?
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #90: Feb 11, 2014 07:55:18 pm
      How many managers do you think are better than him in world football and who are they?

Brendan Rodgers  :scarf:
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #91: Feb 11, 2014 09:17:56 pm

Who gives a F**k

Blokes a c**t

Quick Reply