Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Old Liverpool Pictures

Read 65912 times
      Odd Job
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 2,112 posts | 49 
      • Luis Suarez could nutmeg a mermaid
      Re: Old Liverpool Pictures
      Reply #23: Jan 07, 2014 02:40:13 pm
      Adelphi Hotel - 1908
      Odd Job
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 2,112 posts | 49 
      Reply #24: Jan 07, 2014 02:44:59 pm
      Bootle Village - 1911
      Odd Job
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 2,112 posts | 49 
      Reply #25: Jan 07, 2014 02:46:41 pm
      Old Canal Bridge, Bridge Road/Linacre Road, Litherland - 1900
      Odd Job
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 2,112 posts | 49 
      Reply #26: Jan 07, 2014 02:48:41 pm
      Liverpool Central Station - 1968
      Odd Job
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 2,112 posts | 49 
      Reply #27: Jan 07, 2014 03:11:21 pm
      Liverpool Docks - 1962

Mersey Tunnel

St Johns Gardens/William Brown Street

Newsham Park

Linacre Road - 1903

High Street - 1900

The Old Mill, Wavertree - 1910

Travers Street - 1930

Leeds - Liverpool Canal

Chisenhale Street, Canal Bridge - 1900

Breeze Hill - 1964

Rice Lane - 1964

Gray Road looking towards Rice Lane - 1960

Aintree Racecourse - 1951

Dunlop Factory - 1957

Orrell Park - 1946

Queens Drive Baths - 1957

Queens Drive Flyover Under Construction - 1968

Rice Lane - 1967

Long Lane - 1962

Sparrow Hall - 1957

Walton Vale - 1967

Vernon Pools - 1958

Walton Church

Walton Vale - 1911

Warbeck Moor - 1959

Atlas Cinema, Rice Lane - 1958

Odd Job
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 2,112 posts | 49 
      Reply #28: Jan 07, 2014 03:17:46 pm
      Stonebridge Lane - 1975

Norris Green - 1930

Townsend Avenue -1928

Gateacre Comprehensive School - 60's

Hartsbourne Avenue, Belle Vale

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #29: Jan 07, 2014 03:26:20 pm
      Yet more brilliant pics mate, it's a pleasure looking through them.
      I remember the flyover being built on Breeze Hill/Rice Lane very well, we moved to Speke from Walton and I used to get the 81D on Breeze Hill back to Speke on a Satdee, saw it built pillar by pillar until I graduated to lager and ciggies and my sister took over the pony express message service in the '60's.
      Odd Job
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 2,112 posts | 49 
      Reply #30: Jan 07, 2014 03:30:31 pm
      Yet more brilliant pics mate, it's a pleasure looking through them.
      I remember the flyover being built on Breeze Hill/Rice Lane very well, we moved to Speke from Walton and I used to get the 81D on Breeze Hill back to Speke on a Satdee, saw it built pillar by pillar until I graduated to lager and ciggies and my sister took over the pony express message service in the '60's.

It's mad isn't mate looking back at Breeze Hill/Queens Drive and Rice Lane, hasn't changed one bit. Still looks exactly the same, mad stuff.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #31: Jan 07, 2014 04:00:59 pm
      Yea.. have to agree with Stuey there Odd Job , it's a pleasure to look through them..
      I wanted to go on that march for Erics through town but me ma wouldn't let me, so I snook down town with my mate on the 12a and watched from sidelines..mad eh. I was probably up by City Pets when they went past as that was taken..Great stuff !!

Do you post the pics up from Photobucket Odd Job? as I can't get the pics I post up to look like yours do.. I've been using the Attachment buttons below the reply box..but you have to click on it to see it..
      I'll sign up to Photobucket if thats the case?.. before I post up some I have..
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #32: Jan 07, 2014 04:35:48 pm
      It's mad isn't mate looking back at Breeze Hill/Queens Drive and Rice Lane, hasn't changed one bit. Still looks exactly the same, mad stuff.

It's as if it's frozen in time mate except for the flyover, watched that go up pillar by pillar waiting for the 81D on Breeze Hill, we moved to Speke from Maria Rd. in Walton and I used to go on messages every week when I was a kid.
      The High St. in Woolton hasn't changed a bit, that pic has got to be over a hundred years old.
      Can't make any faces out in the Cavern queue, that looks like the regular queue, they used to have a queue for visitors - coach parties and suchlike on the other side of the door and there was F***ing murder when they used to get in first, we used to make token noises after queue jumping 'cos we always knew someone on the door or near the front, everyone who'd been going there for a while carried on like that.
      Happy days.

They've just levelled Gateacre  Comp - suppose we'll get more housing association dwellings going up there.
      Odd Job
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 2,112 posts | 49 
      Reply #33: Jan 08, 2014 11:38:37 am
      Yea.. have to agree with Stuey there Odd Job , it's a pleasure to look through them..
      I wanted to go on that march for Erics through town but me ma wouldn't let me, so I snook down town with my mate on the 12a and watched from sidelines..mad eh. I was probably up by City Pets when they went past as that was taken..Great stuff !!

Do you post the pics up from Photobucket Odd Job? as I can't get the pics I post up to look like yours do.. I've been using the Attachment buttons below the reply box..but you have to click on it to see it..
      I'll sign up to Photobucket if thats the case?.. before I post up some I have..

Cheers mate and I just use the link of the image and when you click on reply there is a image icon on the top left, click on it then just paste in the link of the image.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #34: Jan 08, 2014 04:21:04 pm

Here's a pic of The Claremont Pub from about 72...Had my first bevy in there and played my first gig n there too.. Had some great nights in there !!..
      Also as kids when we got soaked playing footy in the rain we used to dry out in the massive tumble dryers in the laundrette on the corner on the right...
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #35: Jan 08, 2014 04:29:29 pm

Whats goin on here I wonder?...New Kemlyn Stand bein built?..
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #36: Jan 08, 2014 05:08:17 pm

Kensington 1969.

The Austin Rover Car showroom / Garage , B&K Motors down on the right is where I did a 6 month Y.O.P scheme in the workshop in 1981..£25 a week..sorted !! ;D
      Great set of lads to work with..salt of the earth..Joe Fagans son Steve worked there as a mechanic during that time..
      « Last Edit: Jan 08, 2014 06:15:02 pm by 6stringer »
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #37: Jan 08, 2014 08:28:37 pm

This shop along with Liverpool Football Club made me into who I am today...end of.. 8)
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #38: Jan 11, 2014 07:19:54 am
      I wonder if anyone has got a picture of Billy Liddell putting the ball in the net in a F.A.Cup  match at Anfield in the 1950's only for the louse ridden ref to blow his whistle for full time. The match was against Man City and there was a big photo in the Echo showing the ball in the net and the ref with the whistle in his gob. If anyone has a picture  I would love to see it.cheers
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #39: Jan 11, 2014 07:14:38 pm
      I wonder if anyone has got a picture of Billy Liddell putting the ball in the net in a F.A.Cup  match at Anfield in the 1950's only for the louse ridden ref to blow his whistle for full time. The match was against Man City and there was a big photo in the Echo showing the ball in the net and the ref with the whistle in his gob. If anyone has a picture  I would love to see it.cheers

There yer go billy lad... ;)... Probably Howard Webb's grandad !..  :roll:
      « Last Edit: Jan 11, 2014 07:48:50 pm by 6stringer »
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #40: Jan 12, 2014 01:11:50 am

There yer go billy lad... ;)... Probably Howard Webb's grandad !..  :roll:

Thanks for that 6stringer but I am sure the picture I am talking about shows Billy Liddell on the right wing after he has hit the ball and it is on its way into the net and the lousebound b***ard of a ref with the whistle in his horrible gob.It was rumoured afterwards that the ref had a train to catch and so did not want to play extra time.The goal that wasn't by the way was in the Anfield Road end.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #41: Jan 13, 2014 12:45:11 pm
      Thanks for that 6stringer but I am sure the picture I am talking about shows Billy Liddell on the right wing after he has hit the ball and it is on its way into the net and the lousebound b***ard of a ref with the whistle in his horrible gob.It was rumoured afterwards that the ref had a train to catch and so did not want to play extra time.The goal that wasn't by the way was in the Anfield Road end.

The only thing I can think of Billy is that you contact those nice people at The Echo and see if they have anything in their archives.. It's worth an email if anything mate.. or you could contact www.billyliddell.com
      The goal pictured looks like it's at The Anny road end (?) could be wrong though.. Looks like it's snowing as well or is that just the print quality I wonder?..
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1459 
      Reply #42: Jan 13, 2014 04:49:31 pm

This shop along with Liverpool Football Club made me into who I am today...end of.. 8)
      [/quote

Fantastic pic 6stringer ( as are all the others).
      Always went into probe records and into extremes as a kid,
      The old fly posters I remember well.notice one for afraid of mice
      And dead or alive ( I'm sure Pete burns worked in probe for a while)?.
      The empty shop to the far left opened up as back tracks if I remember correctly.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #43: Jan 13, 2014 06:10:41 pm
      The only thing I can think of Billy is that you contact those nice people at The Echo and see if they have anything in their archives.. It's worth an email if anything mate.. or you could contact www.billyliddell.com
      The goal pictured looks like it's at The Anny road end (?) could be wrong though.. Looks like it's snowing as well or is that just the print quality I wonder?..

I was at that match and the goal was definitely at the Anfield Road end, It's that long ago the only thing that sticks in my memory is the sadness at the disallowed goal. I used to have the Echo picture but somewhere along the way it has gone missing.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #44: Jan 13, 2014 07:30:54 pm

Yep he sure did Jimsouse67.
      He served me in there a few times and used to mumble under his breath or make some camp comment about the obscure Reggae or Blues album I was buying trying to convince me his Nightmares in Wax offering was better... but I suppose he was part of the whole Probe records experience and without him the place wouldn't have been the same..He's a right weirdo now :laugh: :f_whistle:
      You're right again mate, Back Tracks was next door, to the right.. another cool place to root through the wooden beer crates and find a rare 7' or two.. then along came the cassette tape !! :roll: ha ha.
      The Lincoln's Inn Rock Bar up the side street to the left on the same block...Newky Brown nights a plenty !! ;D
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 189 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #45: Jan 13, 2014 10:40:37 pm
      Back in the day.

Quick Reply