Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Anfield attendance today

Read 7306 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Anfield attendance today
      Sep 10, 2016 10:19:59 pm
      New stadium capacity 54,075

On BT Sport they mentioned 53,075 today but most of the sites - BBC, Official Premier League, Sly Sports etc reporting it as 51,232.

Anyone there see some empty seats?
      MsGerrard
      Re: Anfield attendance today
      Reply #1: Sep 11, 2016 12:27:08 am
      New stadium capacity 54,075

On BT Sport they mentioned 53,075 today but most of the sites - BBC, Official Premier League, Sly Sports etc reporting it as 51,232.

Anyone there see some empty seats?

There was the odd one scattered around, that's all.
      Preston(ish)Reds
      • Forum Youth Player

• 10 posts |
      Reply #2: Sep 11, 2016 12:38:39 am
      Quite a few in the Main Stand empty, and the one next to me was empty in the UC.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #3: Sep 11, 2016 01:24:29 am
      Quite a few in the Main Stand empty, and the one next to me was empty in the UC.

Increasing the capacity by nearly 20% in a season is (despite our popularity) a big test.  Yes, it's easy to fill for the big games - the start of the season etc but it requires a lot of one-off visitors, or a lot of people to get into the habit of going every other week.

Be interesting to see what LFC have recorded the attendance as.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Reply #4: Sep 11, 2016 02:02:09 am
      Increasing the capacity by nearly 20% in a season is (despite our popularity) a big test.  Yes, it's easy to fill for the big games - the start of the season etc but it requires a lot of one-off visitors, or a lot of people to get into the habit of going every other week.

Be interesting to see what LFC have recorded the attendance as.

If we keep playing the way we did today then I don't think we'll have any problem packing the stadium every week!!  Klopp's brand of footie is unbelievably entertaining!!
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #5: Sep 11, 2016 09:18:27 am
      It looked pretty full to me yesterday from the Kop.

Wonder what our lowest attendance will be for a league game this season?
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #6: Sep 11, 2016 04:18:19 pm
      Do you guys think it will be easier now to pick up the odd game? The likes of Hull, Burnley, Stoke, Palace etc... with the increase in capacity?

Not been for years now so i'm a bit out of the loop with it all, but I know to buy from the club you need fan cards and all that stuff. Just wondering if it would be worth it, probably only looking at a few games really.
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #7: Sep 11, 2016 06:55:07 pm
      Do you guys think it will be easier now to pick up the odd game? The likes of Hull, Burnley, Stoke, Palace etc... with the increase in capacity?

Not been for years now so i'm a bit out of the loop with it all, but I know to buy from the club you need fan cards and all that stuff. Just wondering if it would be worth it, probably only looking at a few games really.

Very good question this.You,me and I'm sure lots of others waiting for an answer.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,421 posts | 4581 
      Reply #8: Sep 11, 2016 07:07:25 pm

Flicking through on the offal and a ticket will set you back £155-195 hospitality...

As for a regular ticket, doubt we can get a sniff..
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #9: Sep 11, 2016 07:35:59 pm
      So those few thousand below capacity are mostly unsold hospitality tickets?
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #10: Sep 12, 2016 12:07:43 am
      Finally, we've stumbled across a good news story about FSG. I always preferred redevelopment over a new stadium long before they arrived, and I think the new stand justifies the benefits of that.

The significantly higher camera angle will take a bit longer to get used to though. It's the first change of camera angle at all since 1971, when it moved to the Main Stand from the Kemlyn Road End. I would prefer a fairly similiar angle in the New Stand to the one in the old Main Stand, so hopefully a new spot will be found in the near future, as was the case at several other redeveloped stadiums in recent years.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #11: Sep 12, 2016 12:50:37 am
      Finally, we've stumbled across a good news story about FSG. I always preferred redevelopment over a new stadium long before they arrived, and I think the new stand justifies the benefits of that.

The significantly higher camera angle will take a bit longer to get used to though. It's the first change of camera angle at all since 1971, when it moved to the Main Stand from the Kemlyn Road End. I would prefer a fairly similiar angle in the New Stand to the one in the old Main Stand, so hopefully a new spot will be found in the near future, as was the case at several other redeveloped stadiums in recent years.

I like the new camera angle. Gives a better perspective of play. Some real saddos really going to town about it on twitter.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #12: Sep 12, 2016 08:36:22 am

You can probably get by without a fancard if you're not massively bothered about which game you want as I'm sure for example Hull there will be spares knocking about and as winter approaches.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #13: Sep 12, 2016 08:54:26 am
      So those few thousand below capacity are mostly unsold hospitality tickets?

Apparently those super sh*t seats near the Anny Road blocked by the stancion aren't going to be used?  So that will be a decrease. 6 per row.

Heard that they were taped off.

Still no official confirmation though on the 51,200 odd or 53,000.

In any case I'm still a little bit confused. Our old attendance was down as 44,742 - 8,500 seats gets you to 53,242 so not sure where the new capacity of 54,075 ever came from anyway??  Seems a big gap.

Quick Reply