Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W9 D10 L12

Pre-Match: Manchester United v Liverpool FC. 16th March 2014. KO: 13.30 hr

Read 33010 times
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Re: Pre-Match: Manchester United v Liverpool FC. 16th March 2014. KO: 13.30 hr
      Reply #115: Mar 09, 2014 09:05:15 pm
      Utd have the CL match midweek, big game for them. Only saw a bit of their 1st leg and Olympiakos looked no great shakes - crap enough really - it was just Utd were even more crap to manage to lose 2-0. Would be surprised if they turn it around in the 2nd leg to go through, but the Greeks are nothing special, so it's not impossible. If they do win and scramble into the next round, they'll go into the game on Sunday with more belief.

But that's by the by. Still think it's ours to win or throw away. We are the better side, and have the form players. On the big pitch, fresh after the rest, with S&S up front, we will score goals. The players have the bit between the teeth now, they will be focused. BR won't go there looking to defend, nick a draw, and fair fucks to him for embedding that mentality. I'd expect an open game, given the way we/they play - and in an open game, we have the game to beat them.

Deffo think it'll be closer than the last couple, be again confident we can get the 3 points. One game at a time. Let's go there and be clinical.

They play Olympiacos after us by the way...

It's City who play this week.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,479 posts | 342 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #116: Mar 09, 2014 10:06:16 pm
      Hope we hammer the cu*ts! Can see him benching Van Persie for his comments though.

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #117: Mar 10, 2014 09:28:42 am
      they say the table does not lie so although they won Saturday they have a game midweek and we should be absolutely at it against them.
      They are a poor team with avg players and a lot of rumblings of discontent but with RVP and the Beast up front we will have to be at our best.
      manwithnoname
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 31 
      Reply #118: Mar 10, 2014 09:45:08 am
      they say the table does not lie so although they won Saturday they have a game midweek and we should be absolutely at it against them.
      They are a poor team with avg players and a lot of rumblings of discontent but with RVP and the Beast up front we will have to be at our best.

They're not that bad. They still managed to win the title last season, and while Baconface was a quite brilliant manager, nobody is so good that they can take a genuinely sh*t team and win the Premiership.

They have plenty of quality players, who can win games for them.

Yes, the discontent is great fun to watch, and Moyes is having a really awful time, but I don't think the likes of Jones, Evra, Fellaini, Rooney, RVP et al will have any trouble at all raising their game against Liverpool.
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #119: Mar 10, 2014 10:35:02 am
      Even if we lose, it is not all over, I expect them to try and bully us, with the dirtiest player in the world fellanini hopefully getting sent off.
      If we win, we could be in dream land, if we draw it is a great result, if we lose we try and win the remaining 9 games.

Add van pissy to the list, how many times the camera showed him with almost knee high tackles from behind and he got off unpunished time and again. Time for the refs to send him off. This is pure cheating and sportsmanship of the lowest order.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #120: Mar 10, 2014 11:57:32 am
      I'm feeling pretty confident about getting a result. Januzaj vs Flanagan is something to look into. I have confidence that Agger & Stevie can keep Shrek & Mata quite, RvP doesnt seem to do anything on his own

In fact I wont be surprised if he is benched and Welbeck starts right, with Mata playing centrally behind Shrek, something he has talked about this week
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #121: Mar 10, 2014 12:12:38 pm
      So long as we play the way we've been playing then I don't see any reason why we can't take the 3 points off this lot..
      The pitch at The Toilet is very wide so Flanagan, Johnson in defence and Sterling , Suarez need to a) be aware, and b) take full advantage of it..
      Suarez has played more of a wide role recently , which is fine , so he needs to drag em out wide and work his way in using that space, which I have every confidence he will do because he is the worlds best striker right now..and will produce a slice of footballing genius that will curl every prawn sandwich in the home exec boxes ;D
      Saying that , my main concern is not so much Shrek but Welbeck.. He's their danger man.. He plays a similar role to Sturridge and is a quality player..
      I'm relatively calm at the mo coz it's only Monday but as the weekend draws nearer I know my heart rate and blood pressure will rise so I'm just gonna say as I did at the start, keep playing like we have been and we'll be too strong for them on the day...and our travelling Red army of fans will be too loud for them !!..
      Please don't tell me Howard Web is ref?

Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #122: Mar 10, 2014 12:43:12 pm
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,189 posts | 6346 
      Reply #123: Mar 10, 2014 12:55:41 pm

It actually might work in our favor if Webb was the ref. After his horrible "no call" on the penalty against Arsenal, you'd think he'd be on eggshells and not willing to take the spotlight again. We might actually get a game called in our favor.
      BKLFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 822 posts |
      Reply #124: Mar 10, 2014 03:51:56 pm
      It actually might work in our favor if Webb was the ref. After his horrible "no call" on the penalty against Arsenal, you'd think he'd be on eggshells and not willing to take the spotlight again. We might actually get a game called in our favor.
      Nope, if I was a betting man, Webb will fuc* us again inside out.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,189 posts | 6346 
      Reply #125: Mar 10, 2014 04:16:10 pm
      Looks like it's going to be Clattenburg
      DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Reply #126: Mar 10, 2014 04:20:00 pm

actually i see it as the reverse.  Webb has a streak going right now in how many games consecutively he can F**k us over.    Too much of a risk with the guy... lets just wish for another ref and dodge the bullet
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #127: Mar 10, 2014 04:42:56 pm
      Looks like it's going to be Clattenburg

Yup, its been confirmed.

Webb is doing Fulham-Newcastle, Mike Dean for the North London Derby
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #128: Mar 10, 2014 05:44:38 pm
      actually i see it as the reverse.  Webb has a streak going right now in how many games consecutively he can f**k us over.    Too much of a risk with the guy... lets just wish for another ref and dodge the bullet

Apparently it's eight consecutive games where he has been the referee we have lost the match.
      lefty1896
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,700 posts | 23 
      • He scores a goal and the kop goes wild...
      Reply #129: Mar 10, 2014 07:28:10 pm
      Yup, its been confirmed.

Webb is doing Fulham-Newcastle, Mike Dean for the North London Derby

What gets me is that when all the stats came out for our results with Webb refereeing our games, alot of people said, yes but he only refs the big games. I'd like to see the stats on how many 'big games' he refs. Does he just ref our 'big games'? Fulham - Newcastle isn't the top assignment by far that weekend.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #130: Mar 10, 2014 08:19:29 pm
      Well I can tell you that since 2008, Man U have won 71% of their games he's officiated, compared to 30% we've won when he's been in charged.

As for Webb, this season he's refereed 29 games of which 9 have been "big games". I've classed big games by any of the top 6 playing each other - Liverpool, City, Chelsea, Everton, Arsenal and Spurs. You can view the stats here. The funny thing is, google "Howard Webb" and every single link you're given will have one common theme - "is Howard Webb biased against Liverpool?". He just makes too many "mistakes" against Liverpool for us to be comfortable with him refereeing our games and for the good of the game, he should never referee a Liverpool game again. That way there can be no question of bias.

lefty1896
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,700 posts | 23 
      • He scores a goal and the kop goes wild...
      Reply #131: Mar 10, 2014 08:30:28 pm
      Well I can tell you that since 2008, Man U have won 71% of their games he's officiated, compared to 30% we've won when he's been in charged.

As for Webb, this season he's refereed 29 games of which 9 have been "big games". I've classed big games by any of the top 6 playing each other - Liverpool, City, Chelsea, Everton, Arsenal and Spurs. You can view the stats here. The funny thing is, google "Howard Webb" and every single link you're given will have one common theme - "is Howard Webb biased against Liverpool?". He just makes too many "mistakes" against Liverpool for us to be comfortable with him refereeing our games and for the good of the game, he should never referee a Liverpool game again. That way there can be no question of bias.

How many of the 9 big games have been involving us?
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #132: Mar 10, 2014 09:21:40 pm
      Tum Te Tum   (Taps Fingers)

Tum Te Tum

The waiting ..... its getting to me.

Tum Te Tum

Bring the bas**rds on ...
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #133: Mar 10, 2014 11:34:23 pm
      How many of the 9 big games have been involving us?

One, the Chelsea game. But those nine games are league games. He also refereed our cup game against Arsenal. In both matches we lost due to mistakes made by Webb. I don't have access to the information on which cup games he's been in charge of though.

Source: http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/referees/appointments/
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #134: Mar 10, 2014 11:40:48 pm
      Win this and we open up an absolute mammoth lead over them!! Let's slaughter these like we did Spurs!
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #135: Mar 11, 2014 05:58:59 am
      So, who is worse Clattenburg or Webb? I remember a few years back Clattenburg sent one of our players off, I think it's Masch against Chelsea. I'd prefer Clattenburg, he's most probably a Chelsea fan.
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #136: Mar 11, 2014 02:11:48 pm
      So, who is worse Clattenburg or Webb? I remember a few years back Clattenburg sent one of our players off, I think it's Masch against Chelsea. I'd prefer Clattenburg, he's most probably a Chelsea fan.

That makes even worse. He will make sure we lose this one so that we can't catch Chelski.  >:(
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #137: Mar 11, 2014 02:37:58 pm
      I would prefer Clattenburg over Webb or a lot of the others, fond memories of the Derby at Goodison in 2007 when we beat them 2-1, he sent off both Neville and Hibberd, should of sent off Dirk and given a penalty against Carra right a the death but didnt.

they are there for the taking especially without Bacon Face and his Henchman Webb

Quick Reply