Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Pre-Match: Manchester United v Liverpool FC. 16th March 2014. KO: 13.30 hr

Read 33072 times
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Re: Pre-Match: Manchester United v Liverpool FC. 16th March 2014. KO: 13.30 hr
      Reply #23: Mar 03, 2014 10:50:44 am
      Remember, it's their cup final.  :D
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #24: Mar 03, 2014 10:52:12 am
      I don't think we should worry about these plucky, mid-table strugglers. if we start arsing about with our team, we'll only make trouble for ourselves. Same 11 as Sat, blitz them all a new poo-chute. I see a better result that the 4-1 drubbing we gave them in '09.

The change I'd make is Sterling in for Allen. United struggle to control the midfield areas, they're not like City, Arsenal and Southampton so I don't think we need to pack the midfield. Sterling would terrorise the hell out of Rafael (if he still starts right back).
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #25: Mar 03, 2014 10:52:54 am
      I am not at all confident as most of you.

Firstly, we are always cr@p after a long lay off.
      Secondly, their front two are pretty good with our back four not exactly setting the world alight.

Please that b*******d Evra will definitely do something to get Suarez sent off or worse. Guaranteed.

I will be happy if we come back with a point although my heart *ALWAYS* says 3 points.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,320 posts | 1524 
      Reply #26: Mar 03, 2014 11:10:18 am
      I'm gonna refer to slurguson as Chris from now on. Chris. P. Bacon as it happens. Can't wait to see this slag squirming in his seat next to charlton. Bet they leave early.!
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #27: Mar 03, 2014 11:10:47 am

Secondly, their front two are pretty good with our back four not exactly setting the world alight.

Please that b*******d Evra will definitely do something to get Suarez sent off or worse. Guaranteed.

I will be happy if we come back with a point although my heart *ALWAYS* says 3 points.

Their front 2 this season have been poor, our defence may be sh*t at the moment but we will outscore them, it's that simple. Secondly, do you really think Suarez will react to anything Evra says or does? He's said himself, he's calmed himself down and just laughs things off when players try to provoke him and when decisions don't go his way. Hasn't Suarez played against Evra once or twice since the incident happened anyway? Should be put in the past now that, was a long time ago. If we want to go for the league then 3 points is a must!
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 6,035 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #28: Mar 03, 2014 11:12:16 am

SASASASA

SUAREZ
      STURIDGE
      STERLING
      SKRTEL

Then add to that, Captain Fantastic, Hendo and the rest of the team.

We will take the three points here.

nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #29: Mar 03, 2014 11:29:09 am
      If we fail to get anything but 3 points here it will be because the players let the team down or BR pulls a clanger.

These cu*ts are on the ropes as far as I'm concerned.

Moyes and his aged tactics and inability to play *decent* players in their preferred role has got a spanking all over it.

Granted - It is a derby
      Granted - We have a poor record there
      Granted - It's after a long break

But this is our time to put to bed all those years of these shithouses walking the league, winning everything.

In 90 minutes we have the chance to remain 2nd and create a points difference in favour of us over them that I haven't seen in my lifetime.

We can end their CL hopes and further our dreams for the league.

This is the worst United team I have ever seen.  Simple as that.  We are flying and they are down on their luck.

Come on lads, if you don't turn up for matches like this, then we don't deserve to win the league.
      solodee
      • Started Topic

• 6,035 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #30: Mar 03, 2014 12:01:26 pm

We have been immense this season.

There are going to be major cancellations in the next three games with Arsenal Chelsea and Man City not picking much.
      « Last Edit: Mar 03, 2014 12:21:59 pm by solodee »
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #31: Mar 03, 2014 12:30:10 pm
      They will definitely field the strongest-11, which fortunately Gollum himself doesnt know yet  :lmao: I'm guessing it'll be

De Gea
      Rafael - Vidic - Evans - Evra
      Fellaini - Carrick
      Mata - Rooney - Young
      RVP

I'm going for Young cos he is sure to showcase his diving skills to win a penalty, especially this being at the Toilet. If we restrict the passes between their front-2 just like Olympiacos did, we shouldn't have a problem. As for our starting 11, as people said, Stevie-Hendo-Coutinho should be good to tackle theirs, especially Stevie would love to give Shrek a proper kick in the ass. I'll definitely start Sterling to exploit his pace and challenge that c**t Evra and let our South American deal with theirs, so a definite 4-3-3 for me.

Migs
      Flanno - Skrtel - Agger - Johnson
      Stevie
      Hendo - Coutinho
      Sterling - Sturridge - Suarez
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #32: Mar 03, 2014 12:51:45 pm
      I'm not scared of how they would play the game or how we would play the game, more of will the referee be impartial.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,223 posts | 2804 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #33: Mar 03, 2014 01:25:52 pm
      2 things should be taken into account from the Southampton game. Allen stays in midfield, Coutinho drops out and Raheem comes back in. Now if that means playing the diamond or going our usual 4 3 3 I dont know but Coutinho, as several posters called pre match, goes missingin these big away games. He lost the ball way too much on Saturday

Utd have not got the pace to deal with Sterling Sturridge and Luis

We need to dictate midfield because if we allow them a foothold lets not forget the talent they have themselves up front Mata Rooney and the rat. If they click they could cause big hassle.

Our lads should relax going in to it, realise were teh better team but that defeat here would not be the end of the world we can make it up down the line
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,320 posts | 1524 
      Reply #34: Mar 03, 2014 02:29:15 pm
      After Agger works one through Rooney in the international, van percy won't have to think about why his buddy didn't pass to him. He'll be in the sick bay.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #35: Mar 03, 2014 02:55:05 pm
      Not looking forward to this game folks, it's at the toilet, they'll be out to prove a point that they're not has beens, they'll raise their game, they're not expecting to win, they're still a threat to our ambitions.

But f**k it I've gone for a 5-2 win to the mighty Redmen  ;D
      RedWilly

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #36: Mar 03, 2014 03:10:01 pm
      Not looking forward to this game folks, it's at the toilet, they'll be out to prove a point that they're not has beens, they'll raise their game, they're not expecting to win, they're still a threat to our ambitions.

But f**k it I've gone for a 5-2 win to the mighty Redmen  ;D

Moyes will just do what he always does against us. See as the more 'technical' team and therefore try to disrupt us with some very physical tactics, but that doesn't work against us because generally speaking we can rough it with the worst teams around. Quality will always win out, of that I'm convinced. Big game, but I can see us winning it to be honest.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #37: Mar 03, 2014 08:08:32 pm
      J Day.

Unlucky for some .
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #38: Mar 04, 2014 12:14:11 am
      Let's be realistic about this. United's players know they aren't going to finish in the Champion's league places baring some utter disastrous end to Liverpool or Arsenal and Spurs season but they are going to want to avoid the ignominy of our doing the double over them and incuring even more wrath from their fans so this is going to be a very, very difficult game for us to win. I'm not saying we can't or we won't win (because I think we can and we will) but anyone that thinks we're going to go there and steam roll them is getting a wee bit carried away. It will be a tight game a we can ill afford any defensive mistakes who need to significantly up their game after last week. We may have kept a clean sheet against Saints but that was more to do with their lack of clinical finishing than our defender's performance which really wasn't that convincing.
      siavashiva
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 811 posts | 113 
      Reply #39: Mar 04, 2014 12:48:40 am
      I don't get it. What was not convincing about about our defenders' performance? We only gave them two half chances for the entire game, at their own ground. That is totally acceptable IMO.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #40: Mar 04, 2014 01:01:10 am
      First thing to note about this game from a defensive perspective, we don't deal well with crosses they cross the ball 60 times + a game. Johnson and Flanno will probably start for us and I can't say I have the greatest confidence in either of them preventing these crosses raining in. My gut feeling is that if they manage to get 60+ crosses in that they will score a couple against us, or definitely get a penalty with the way we defend them so we must do something to prevent what appears to be their only plan.

Thankfully though, while we have a big worry at the back, we don't going forward. From midfield to defence they are utter sh*te and while they may score a couple against us I fully expect us to score at least 3 against them. The only chance they'll have is if the ref allows them to be dirty fuckers all game, we should be appealing like madmen the moment a half tasty challenge goes in against one of our lads and continue those appeals throughout the game. Without dirty tactics their defence will not cope with the best attack in the premier league, we will cut them to shreds and we will score goals.

Debs is right they'll up their game, they'll also be expected to carry the fight to us and I feel that will work right into our favour, they have very little pace in their team and a lot of aging legs in midfield and defence. Expect Gerrard to block Rooney off from doing a lot of the tracking that he does and we should be able to counter in lethal fashion, the more we score the more desperate they will become and at the end of the game and they look up to the scoreline of 5-2 to LFC they are then permitted to fall on their knees and cry for a week, we of course want full video access to these pictures.

COME ON!
      CharlesD
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 742 posts | 68 
      Reply #41: Mar 04, 2014 03:59:48 am
      If they only net two goals out of all those crosses I don't think that will be enough for them to win.  This could very well be a shootout, one of those matches that's thoroughly entertaining for the unbiased fans.
      Al1892
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts |
      • We achieved your dreams 5 !!!!!
      Reply #42: Mar 04, 2014 04:28:46 am
      I think we will win comfortably and moyes will get the bullet
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #43: Mar 04, 2014 04:43:17 am
      Howard Webb is going to be the ref for the game! Expect Suarez to get kicked all over the field then, and expect a draw at best now. F***ing joke!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #44: Mar 04, 2014 05:30:11 am
      Howard Webb is going to be the ref for the game! Expect Suarez to get kicked all over the field then, and expect a draw at best now. F***ing joke!

F**k sake.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6720 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #45: Mar 04, 2014 06:52:41 am

Are you F***ing serious? Please tell me this isn't true. That bald c**t shouldn't be allowed anywhere near our matches. F**k, that's just taken this match to even another level.

I expect these cu*ts to come out firing. They always like to wreck our parties. Hate the cu*ts with a passion.

I don't think this will be easy at all but I didn't think it would be against The Arse, The Spuds, The Bitters or The Saints and look how well the boys have come out of those matches. We're a didfferent team with Title aspirations. Time again to stand up and be counted. 10 games left in the season, play like your lives depended on it and do us even prouder than you have all season lads.

Let's heap more misery on these cheating, diving, arrogant cu*ts!

Quick Reply