Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre-Match: Manchester United v Liverpool FC. 16th March 2014. KO: 13.30 hr

Read 32902 times
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,154 posts | 499 
      Re: Pre-Match: Manchester United v Liverpool FC. 16th March 2014. KO: 13.30 hr
      Reply #69: Mar 05, 2014 12:09:17 pm
      We can beat the twelve men of Moysechester United no problem. The twelfth man being Webb (if appointed) not the scum on the Stretford end.

This is our season boys and girls, lets do the job. Our forward line is going to rip them a new one.

Would love to see Luis absolutely destroy Evra.
      C'mon the Redmen, cant wait, get in.
      emsy28
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 545 posts | 12 
      Reply #70: Mar 05, 2014 01:48:36 pm
      Think Luis will be up for this one like no other match in his career, he's probably thinking it could be the last time he could get one over Evra with rumours of him leaving united next season. I hope the accession doesn't get to our players and they bottle it because united and they're fans are going to be up for thus match to stop us challenging for the title. I hope we don't get any stupid injurys from the internationals but I've got a bad feeling with our English players, Daniel sturridge imparticular.
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #71: Mar 05, 2014 01:55:16 pm
      Early goal, make the place scouse in 5 minutes.

I want the dump to be empty of Mancs with 10 minutes left.
      bobobobo
      • Forum Ian St John

• 439 posts | 20 
      Reply #72: Mar 05, 2014 03:05:31 pm
      Think we'll go for our counterattacking strategy, if they play Rooney, RVP, Mata, Januzaj all at the start (which they probably will) only Rooney will track back, and he'll tire as he's not the example of a natural athlete (Whiskey nose said he needed to train more to keep him in shape than the average player). They'll all get forward, put pressure on Carrick and Fletcher (or whoever plays out of Jones, Fellaini) who are not the quickest. Then we can attack an ageing or inexperienced backline depending on who they play. SASAS (Sterling as well) will be too much to handle. As long as we don't give RVP, Rooney or Mata time and space then I don't think we'll suffer too much. Januzaj still has to convince me that he's a talent.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #73: Mar 05, 2014 03:08:29 pm
      Just smash the tw*ts and show we are well and truly on our way to being back on our f**king perch!

No doubt they'll raise their game as its their cup final isn't it, very much like the entire 70's and 80's  ;)
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #74: Mar 05, 2014 03:09:43 pm
      if it is Webb then I think I will go and sit on my boat for a couple of hours until its all over
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #75: Mar 05, 2014 03:23:06 pm
      Webb is not officiating in this game. He may well be chosen as the ref, but at the minute, the officials for this fixture haven't been chosen.

Anyway, even if he is the ref I think it could work in our favour. Quite often after a ref comes under heavy scrutiny from one set of fans and the media report on it, he makes sure he doesn't do it again in the next game to ensure he doesn't look biased.

This is the first of 10 cup finals we have between now and the end of the season. We have plenty of time to prepare, and beating Southampton 3-0 away before the break was perfect preparation. I say we stick with the same team, maybe put Sterling back in ahead of Allen.

Still 11 days away, so i'll leave it a bit before any thoughts on how this game will go. There may be injuries between now and then.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #76: Mar 05, 2014 03:24:29 pm
      if it is Webb then I think I will go and sit on my boat for a couple of hours until its all over

I genuinely think this is all just made up rumour because the FA will only make their decisions on next weeks games on Monday. There's no way Webb can be appointed for a match beyond the initial match he is refereeing this weekend. But I wouldn't be surprised if this pus filled bollock did referee the match.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #77: Mar 05, 2014 03:53:14 pm
      Is evra on international duty and if so could someone break his F***ing leg please?
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,019 posts | 2741 
      Reply #78: Mar 05, 2014 03:59:43 pm
      Win this and we'll win the league. No bigger confidence boost than going to OT, winning and keeping the title challenge alive.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #79: Mar 05, 2014 07:39:49 pm
      Surprise surprise 5 Liverpool players start for England tonight. Be interesting to see how long the 5 get. Just hope to God they come out injury free

Hodgson ye owl c**t
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #80: Mar 05, 2014 08:15:24 pm
      Surprise surprise 5 Liverpool players start for England tonight. Be interesting to see how long the 5 get. Just hope to God they come out injury free

Hodgson ye owl c**t

I'm not that annoyed Bri. The game isn't for over a well anyway and I do like to see our lads get recognised sometimes.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #81: Mar 05, 2014 08:26:49 pm
      I'm not that annoyed Bri. The game isn't for over a well anyway and I do like to see our lads get recognised sometimes.

Its how long hell give them most of the game that worries me mate. Plus why does he need to look at Stevie and Johnno? Delighted for Raheem and Hendo but hope they get whipped off at half time!
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #82: Mar 05, 2014 09:18:10 pm

Boat Walton? 
      Boat ?

Where are you?    Puerto Banus Marbella or Widnes Marina ?
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #83: Mar 06, 2014 09:45:12 am
      Tricky for who?
      Not for us that's for sure, mate we are the ones sat second not them KUNTS,
      Tricky ? yeah only for them,

Tell ya what mate , we 're going to go there and smash the f**k out of them, I can honestly see us dishing out their heaviest home defeat for f***in decades,
      Gollum has to gamble ; does he field a full strength side ahead of their most important game of their sh*t season, or
      Field a weakened side and risk total humiliation against your fiercest rivals. ?
      What's it to be Moysey ?

What was it. 'Newt' said in  'Aliens'....
       'It WON'T Make Any Difference'

I want to see us f***in hammer these KUNTS into submission, I want to see the embarrassment on the face if tha arrogant kunt bacon face, I want us to send a message to their inbred scummy fans that WE are back and that They are about to suffer decades of a Liverpool FC domination,

F**kin tricky, don't make me f***in laugh, just sit back relax and watch how we destroy 'the chosen one' & the hasbeens,

TRICKY ?   My Arse  !

YNWA

Thankyou mate, you've just instilled even more confidence in me. Pumped.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #84: Mar 06, 2014 01:16:01 pm
      Once we dont change our style I cant see us not wining this. Smalling looked poo last night. Vidic and Ferdinand are finished no pace to deal with our front 3. Be interesting to see if he goes with Valencia at right back but if he does Raheem has shown hes well capable of back tracking. Basically I cant see tehre back 4 coping with our front 3.

Midfield again if our 3 play to there set plan we have nothing to fear from there midfield.

Our back 4 need a monster game though on the off chance there front 3/4 click. I would hope Sakho is fit butt hen must ask would we be better going with Skrtel and Agger who have bundles of experience playing at old trafford?

So basically I think 2 things are vital, we stick to our attacking mindset and our back 4 dont act the tit
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #85: Mar 06, 2014 03:22:02 pm
      Boat Walton? 
      Boat ?

Where are you?    Puerto Banus Marbella or Widnes Marina ?

just offshore from Rafas house ;D ;D ;D
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #86: Mar 06, 2014 03:34:46 pm
      So basically I think 2 things are vital, we stick to our attacking mindset and our back 4 dont act the tit
      Nailed it there Brian .

DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Reply #87: Mar 06, 2014 03:52:14 pm

the sad part is that I am more confident that we will score than our defense being able to keep a clean sheet or somewhere close to it
      drawde
      • Forum David Johnson

• 234 posts | -1 
      • Adward
      Reply #88: Mar 06, 2014 08:39:35 pm
      I want us to utterly destroy them. We tonked them 4-1 at OT back in 2009, and we should be going for better than that. They haven't got half the squad they had then, and I'd rate our attack as better than then.
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #89: Mar 07, 2014 12:57:13 pm
      Priority for United should be to overcome a two goal deficit to Olynpiarkos, which is more than possible. They may be minor match preparation training for us, but you could imagine that most of their eggs are in the champions league. Preparing to dismantle our season is too risky for them, as they'll also have Spurs and Everton to overtake to ensure that fourth spot. If they lose, their domestic campaign will be pretty meaningless so they almost have ti focus solely on the champions league.

Us, on the other hand, only have the domestic campaign to worry about. Rodgers is smarter than Moyes and should set us out to go all guns blazing. One thing that use to disappoint me about benitez in the past was his negative set up in these big games, opting for safety first. If recent history is anything to go by, Rodgers will keep loyal to his preferred fluid 4-3-3 formation and take the game to the mancs.

If we stay composed, play to our own strengths and the referee remains impartial, then I can't see any other result than an away victory.

Come on you redmen!
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #90: Mar 07, 2014 03:26:05 pm
      Priority for United should be to overcome a two goal deficit to Olynpiarkos, which is more than possible. They may be minor match preparation training for us, but you could imagine that most of their eggs are in the champions league. Preparing to dismantle our season is too risky for them, as they'll also have Spurs and Everton to overtake to ensure that fourth spot. If they lose, their domestic campaign will be pretty meaningless so they almost have ti focus solely on the champions league.

It should if one thinks logically but since when has footy been about logic? Can you imagine the pressure he'll have if we do the double over them and they crash out of Europe all in the same week? No mate, they will do everything they can to beat us.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #91: Mar 07, 2014 03:32:16 pm
      While Im expecting us to win here I think it needs to be pointed out, for those expecting a walk in the park in particular, and maybe some of our older and wiser posters will back this up for me, at our peak in the 70s and 80s when we were the top side in Europe and winning trophies for fun and this shower were an average to good team, we never had a good time there.

In fact we have only 15 wins there ever in 85 games!! Saturday March 14 (nearly to the day of this game) 2009 was the last win there and first win there in 5 years. So 2 wins in 10 years.

As I said Im expecting a win but to almost expect a walkover is a tad over he top   

Quick Reply