Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Football Research - Liverpool Fan Base

Read 1173 times
      Eprosser
      • On Trial
      • Started Topic

• 1 posts |
      Football Research - Liverpool Fan Base
      Mar 08, 2014 07:50:23 pm
      First off I would like to introduce myself.

My name is Ethan P. I am an undergraduate History major with a concentration in contemporary sports at the University of Wisconsin Superior.  I am incredibly passionate towards sports which has lead me to study them.  My research is on the effects that soccer teams have on their fans.  I have a few questions I would love to ask the Liverpool fan base. 

-When did you first become a fan?
      -How did you first become a fan?
      -How important is it being a fan to you?
      -How much do you dislike your teams rival?
      -How often do you display your team's name, colors, or insignia in your every day life?
      (Your name is optional)
      Bl00D
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 750 posts |
      Re: Football Research - Liverpool Fan Base
      Reply #1: Mar 08, 2014 09:33:49 pm
      -When did you first become a fan? On a cold day in December 1979, I remember it well, considering its the same as my birthday ;)

-How did you first become a fan? Born into it, my dad,mum, uncles(All but one), aunties and first dog where all Liverpool fans.

-How important is it being a fan to you? I could never, ever imagine shouting for any other team. I grew up loving them and I will die loving them. So it means the world really to me, being part of the Liverpool family :)

-How much do you dislike your teams rival? None should be considered rivals ;), but It'snot so much the teams, more the "fans" of other teams that I dislike, to keep it polite.

-How often do you display your team's name, colors, or insignia in your every day life? Everyday, without fail, be it the shirt, top, jumper I'am wearing, the screen on my computer or phone, the pin badge on my leather jacket or the Car sticker on my car (obviously ;)).
      (Your name is optional) It's not optional, Its Peter ;)
      Firepool
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,274 posts | 224 
      • @Jenns_Design
      Reply #2: Mar 10, 2014 11:45:27 pm
      -When did you first become a fan?  I became a fan in 2006 after watching the World Cup and enjoyed watching a few players. Researched what team they played for and the history of those teams. The more I learned the more I was drawn to LFC

-How did you first become a fan? After watching the World Cup which I enjoyed watching a few players. I researched what team they played for and the history of those teams. The more I learned the more I was drawn to LFC.

-How important is it being a fan to you? It is everything. I have a great big family around the world that I know are there for me, You'll Never Walk Alone.

-How much do you dislike your teams rival? I don't dislike any team really, but dislike some fans for other teams.

-How often do you display your team's name, colors, or insignia in your every day life? Every day, I wear a LFC lanyard at work for my work id. I also have a sticker in my car.

(Your name is optional) Name is Jenn
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #3: Mar 11, 2014 06:08:18 am
      -When did you first become a fan? 1974

-How did you first become a fan? When we won the FA Cup against Newcastle. It's the hardworking and never say die attitude of the great Shankly that catches my attention. Couple with listening to the old Beatles hits plays an important part.

-How important is it being a fan to you? It's a cult, you start suporting a team and you continue to do so until the day you die. I don't even want to think about supporting any other team. Never crosses my mind at all.

-How much do you dislike your teams rival? Only when they have corky fans and managers, moreso managers.

-How often do you display your team's name, colors, or insignia in your every day life? I didplay the club's pendant in the house.
      (Your name is optional)

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #4: Mar 13, 2014 03:50:39 pm
      I first became a fan when I was a kid about 17 years ago. My best friend at the time gave me a Liverpool hat and I had to be a fan to wear it. Being a fan is important but not as important to me as things like food, water, work or family etc... I dislike my rivals enough to laugh my ass off at results like Stoke 1 - Arsenal 0. It will make me feel joy for around 10 minutes. I have about 10 Liverpool shirts. I used to wear them 2 or 3 days a week but I rarely wear them now as I find the material they are made from causes me to perspire.

Quick Reply