Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Liverpool and Olympiakos - No connection at all

Read 7960 times
      Jonathan Mayers
      • Forum Youth Player
      • Started Topic

• 11 posts |
      Liverpool and Olympiakos - No connection at all
      Mar 17, 2014 08:33:35 am
      Pardon my English - I'm a Liverpool supporter in Greece for more than 35 years. I'm also a passionate PAOK fan.

Please let me me explain to fellow Liverpool supporters some things that you might never heard before.

I'm watching for a year now, the connection that is trying to built between Liverpool and olympiakos and I really cannot explain it.

For me Liverpool stands for an honest, hard working team coming from a city that has nothing to do with London or Manchester were all the decisions are taken for Premier League. All these dark powers that boost either man u or chelsea or city or arsenal. Liverpool is fighting all alone against all these "favourable" teams.

That's exactly is PAOK in Greece. The only team outside of Athens (capital of Greece) that ever won league cups and titles. All the other teams are from Athens. Can you imagine it. 60 years only Athens teams!!!

41 of these titles have won by any means from olympiakos. It's widely known that most of these cups were won by tricks, help of referries, control of football federation, political intervention etc. etc.

At least 3 ex presidents of olympiakos are been held in prison for financial crimes.

Olympiakos will finish this year with some remarkable records:

- Three weeks ago took his first red card for 2 and a half years.
      - Two weeks ago an opponent gain a penalty against olympikaos (first penalty since 2012).
      - At least 10 matches ended with one or two opponents players expelled.
      - At least 20 players belong to Olympiakos and play as loans in opponents teams in greek league (imagine that)
      - At least 4 presidents of Greece football league have complained against olympiakos mafia ways and decided to create a new clean and honest football league withtout these gangsters.

And the worst thing is that this team, enters every year without challenging games in champions league rounds and its result are very very poor.
      This is its first time that has a chance against man u (which is the worst man u since 1980).
      Please allow me for the first and only time to support manu u in this particular game.

Can you see something common with this team, as Liverpool fans?.

Here in Greece we call it Public team, because at least two times, the government payed its debts and taxes and built them a new stadium for free.

I beg you to spread these news and protect our team (Liverpool) from this misconception and lack of information.

Liverpool for us who live with the dream of visiting KOP for one time, is sacred team and represents courage, passion, respect and honesty.
      Please support PAOK team and if you ever visit our stadium in Thessaloniki (Toumba) you will see many of our supporters wore Liverpool shirts.
      FYI PAOK has eliminated both arsenal and Tottenham in UEFA cup.
      Thank you for your time. And maybe this is our year to celebrate a Premier's League Cup.

JM
      « Last Edit: Mar 17, 2014 10:48:48 am by JD »
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Re: Liverpool and Olympiakos - No connection at all
      Reply #1: Mar 17, 2014 10:52:44 am
      So you're saying that Olympaikos are the Man Utd of Greek football?

I'm not sure there has been a 'developing' bond over the course of the last year.  I know they had a banner in support of JFT96 last month (something many overseas clubs have done) and I know that we want them to beat United.  Also - perhaps from the club's points of view - we play them in a friendly in the summer.

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2: Mar 17, 2014 12:01:15 pm
      I'm also a bit confused but I think he's saying that Man Utd are an establishment club, backed by the FA, in the same way as the Athens based teams are in Greece, whereas Olympiakos are like Liverpool plucky honest outsiders. In any case I'm just hoping that Olympiakos crush Manure's Champions League dreams
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #3: Mar 17, 2014 12:45:00 pm
      I hope Olympaikos crush United 3-0 at old Trafford.  Then we'll have something in common.
      Jonathan Mayers
      • Forum Youth Player
      • Started Topic

• 11 posts |
      Reply #4: Mar 17, 2014 03:05:34 pm
      Olympiakos earns 20 ml euro every year by entering in champions league group stage without a match.

With this amount olympiakos bribes referees, opponent teams of low capacity, controls football national association, referee association etc.
      Do you think that this team has something in common like Liverpool?

Last year there was a friendly between Liverpool and olympiakos I think in US and the president of Olympiakso (take a look in his face here: ) is trying to wash out his crimes by bonding with a true and honest european football name like Liverpool.

Even Gerrard congratulated this team on his tweeter account.

Oh yes and we had a common player (Nabil El Zhar), while on olympiakos plays and arsenal loan (Campbell)

Please inform all your supporters about this dangerous team (even platini started to help them in cl).
      Thank you for your time.

P.S. What's your opinion on Fulham's Mitroglou (best greek football player hahahahahah!!!!!)
      « Last Edit: Mar 17, 2014 04:33:24 pm by JD »
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #5: Mar 17, 2014 04:39:21 pm
      Olympiakos earns 20 ml euro every year by entering in champions league group stage without a match.

With this amount olympiakos bribes referees, opponent teams of low capacity, controls football national association, referee association etc.
      Do you think that this team has something in common like Liverpool?

I have no idea what you are on about, but are you saying Liverpool Football Club bribe other teams, and Refs?

If the answer is yes, can you explain why we have not won the League in freekin' ages?
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,581 posts | 3911 
      Reply #6: Mar 17, 2014 05:15:01 pm
      I have no idea what you are on about, but are you saying Liverpool Football Club bribe other teams, and Refs?

If the answer is yes, can you explain why we have not won the League in freekin' ages?

No, I think he's trying to say Olympiakos bribe referees and all that. Not Liverpool.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #7: Mar 17, 2014 05:22:13 pm
      No, I think he's trying to say Olympiakos bribe referees and all that. Not Liverpool.

Does not read that way to me, although the he does call us "a true and honest european football name"

Either way still want them to screw Utd on Wednesday.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #8: Mar 17, 2014 06:02:53 pm
      Sound like a bitter and jealous Paok fan to be honest, clutching at straws by trying to bring us into it.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #9: Mar 17, 2014 06:52:48 pm
      Questionable thread at best.
      siavashiva
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 811 posts | 113 
      Reply #10: Mar 17, 2014 07:06:53 pm
      I have a Greek mate who told me the exact same things. He absolutely hates Olympiakos for the same reasons. apparently over there you are either their fan or hate them. I kinda tend to believe him.
      Jonathan Mayers
      • Forum Youth Player
      • Started Topic

• 11 posts |
      Reply #11: Mar 17, 2014 07:18:27 pm
      I asked you to forgive me for my poor english.
      I explain that I am a fan of Liverpool and PAOK. I dislike any other Englsih team.
      I'm very sorry that some fans are trying to create bonds between Liverpool with olympiacos.
      I tried to explain that Liverpool has nothing to do with this team. Everton maybe.
      I'm not bitter nor jealous because noone is jealous for a team that wins cups and tropheys with mafia ways.
      I'm sure that you cannot understand that, because English Premiership is very very pure comparing to that disgusting show that we see here in Greece.
      I'm thankful that at least 150+ members read my post.
      http://www.paokfc.gr/wp-content/gallery/paok_pantou/anfield-stadium-liverpool.jpg
      Thank you!!!
      Bier
      Reply #12: Mar 17, 2014 07:19:28 pm
      Who cares, as long as they beat Man U.

Mr Mayers must be really butt hurt that Olympiakos is winning the league again this year.
      Jonathan Mayers
      • Forum Youth Player
      • Started Topic

• 11 posts |
      Reply #13: Mar 17, 2014 07:24:48 pm
      Thank you Siavashive for the understanding.
      Dear Bier, Imagine Chelsea winning 10-20 cups in a row. Noone gives a #### about it. (pardon my french)
      Even olympiacos fans stop cheering about it. But as I told you you cannot understand the filth of this organised crime. You are very very lucky living in UK and watching a civilized league.
      :)
      Bier
      Reply #14: Mar 17, 2014 07:34:48 pm
      I'm not from the UK. But like I said, I dont care, as long as they win against Man U. I'm quite sure most Liverpool supporters feel the same, and actually don't care about Olympiakos or any other Greece club.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #15: Mar 17, 2014 08:39:42 pm
      Can't say I know much about Greek football, sounds a lot like Turkish football from what your saying, with one city dominating.
      Sorry for your troubles mate, but this is a probably a common problem in football.

To be honest I don't think there's anything that can be done big teams in weaker countries will always do well
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #16: Mar 17, 2014 10:03:04 pm
      I'm here scratching my head wondering what the feck this topic is about , oi johnny mayers mate do you want us to start a picket outside the house of horrors for you ?
      Paul_LFC
      • Forum John Toshack

• 256 posts | 10 
      Reply #17: Mar 17, 2014 11:09:27 pm
      Dear Jonathan Mayers,

I hope I don't come across rude and I understand what you've said. But even if Olympiakos is the most corrupt club in Greece or the whole of world football for that matter, almost every Liverpool fan will still be supporting them passionately when they play United. Reason being - Man United is the biggest c**t club in the world and a corruption of disease on football itself. I hope what you say is completely true for the upcoming 90mins + potential 30mins + potential penalty shootout. Briefly we all hope Man Utd as a club rot in hell and never ever return anywhere near to the pinnacle of English or European football ever again in all of our lives and many millions of generations. After Wednesday though, we're sorry for your troubles mate.
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #18: Mar 17, 2014 11:41:46 pm
      Olympiakos were the opponents for one of our most famous European nights in our history. That's where the link is for me.
      CharlesD
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 742 posts | 68 
      Reply #19: Mar 18, 2014 02:14:44 am
      Some of their fans I've talked to online mention Karaiskakis and Hillsborough and see those two tragic events as creating something of a bond, but I don't follow the Greek game at all, so I can't really comment beyond that.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,907 posts | 4972 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #20: Mar 18, 2014 05:18:36 am
      Think what he's getting at is Olympiacos are run by currupt people and are not as pure as their trying to make out,
      And by associating themselves with LFC will enhance their image, but in fact behind the scenes they are supported by currupt individuals including their owners , gov officials , referees etc,

He says he wants the munts to win on Wednesday so as Olympiacos don't continue their farcical existence in the competition, but of course we all see it differently,
      Not to bothered really, neither will win so who the F**k cares who proceeds!

YNWA
      BKLFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 822 posts |
      Reply #21: Mar 18, 2014 05:59:58 am
      Spot on BillyTheRed, good to see you back in form.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #22: Mar 18, 2014 06:06:55 am
      Olympiakos are sh*te and won't win the European Cup. But as long as they get through on Wednesday, we couldn't care less what they do. 

He can then celebrate when they go out.

Quick Reply