Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Liverpool and Olympiakos - No connection at all

Read 7986 times
      Jonathan Mayers
      • Forum Youth Player
      • Started Topic

• 11 posts |
      Re: Liverpool and Olympiakos - No connection at all
      Reply #23: Mar 18, 2014 11:02:13 am
      I think Billy the Red caught my point.
      Thanks pal!!!
      DeanoLFC
      • Forum John Toshack

• 259 posts | 18 
      Reply #24: Mar 18, 2014 01:05:02 pm
      Well Olympiakos are 6/1 to beat manure, worth a punt ;)
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #25: Mar 18, 2014 04:48:28 pm
      Think what he's getting at is Olympiacos are run by currupt people and are not as pure as their trying to make out,
      And by associating themselves with LFC will enhance their image, but in fact behind the scenes they are supported by currupt individuals including their owners , gov officials , referees etc,

He says he wants the munts to win on Wednesday so as Olympiacos don't continue their farcical existence in the competition, but of course we all see it differently,
      Not to bothered really, neither will win so who the f**k cares who proceeds!

YNWA

This. End of story.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #26: Mar 18, 2014 09:14:19 pm
      Think what he's getting at is Olympiacos are run by currupt people and are not as pure as their trying to make out,
      And by associating themselves with LFC will enhance their image, but in fact behind the scenes they are supported by currupt individuals including their owners , gov officials , referees etc,

He says he wants the munts to win on Wednesday so as Olympiacos don't continue their farcical existence in the competition, but of course we all see it differently,
      Not to bothered really, neither will win so who the f**k cares who proceeds!

YNWA

Perfect response.

We all want the Mancs done and outed from the Comp. Once that happens nothing else matters as WE r Going To Win The League!
      Jonathan Mayers
      • Forum Youth Player
      • Started Topic

• 11 posts |
      Reply #27: Mar 19, 2014 09:47:12 pm
      I only wanted olympiacos out of the competition. Thanks God there is God.
      You see gentlemen, this is the best team in Greece with 18 points difference from PAOK.
      And this team lost from the worst manur of all time. The 7th of premier league with 14 points less than Liverpool clean easily our best.
      Now I can totally be with you and manur can go and f>>> herself in the next game.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #28: Mar 19, 2014 09:52:53 pm
      You see gentlemen, this is the best team in Greece with 18 points difference from PAOK.
      And this team lost from the worst manur of all time. The 7th of premier league with 14 points less than Liverpool clean easily our best.
      Now I can totally be with you and manur can go and f>>> herself in the next game.

PAOK are incredibly sh*te so yes???  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #29: Mar 20, 2014 12:00:33 am
      Fowler had nothing to do with it .

Jonathan Mayers
      • Forum Youth Player
      • Started Topic

• 11 posts |
      Reply #30: Mar 20, 2014 08:45:06 am
      Fowler had nothing to do with it .

I loved Robbie too.
      Jonathan Mayers
      • Forum Youth Player
      • Started Topic

• 11 posts |
      Reply #31: Mar 20, 2014 08:49:35 am
      PAOK are incredibly sh*te so yes???  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

No it isn't. There are at least 2,5 mil PAOK fans in Greece and another 2,5 mil all over the world.
      A big percent of them support Liverpool too, like me 
      I will not argue with a fellow supporter. We will always share our love for Mighty Liverpool.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #32: Mar 20, 2014 08:53:19 am
      I'm here scratching my head wondering what the feck this topic is about

Likewise.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #33: Mar 20, 2014 04:39:08 pm
      This topic is about how just because two teams both wearing red and white that have been through stadium tragedies does not mean they are sister clubs. I can fully understand how this 'relationship' between the two clubs is contrived. I guess the threadmaker is just warning us not to have the wool pulled over our eyes.

To put it simply; Olympiakos is "The Man's" club. It represents the system. It has so much control over the Greek league that it makes Manchester United look like a wholesome family club with true ethics and values. This Greek poster is telling us that PAOK are a club that stand for the same things that Liverpool do, but Olympiakos are trying to create some kind of bond with Liverpool just because we share colors in common. Trying to wash away some of that dirty stigma by being associated with a 'real' club.

I feel like Olympiakos is one of the biggest assets Greece have. Similar to Benfica in Portugal, Real and Barca in Spain... these clubs are cash cows for their countries. These countries NEED these clubs to be bringing in tens of millions of euros every year, probably just to help keep them relevant. The control Olympiakos have over the Greek league allow them to constantly be bringing in this Champions League money, keeping the other clubs below them. I bet they even had a hand in seeing one of the 'big three', AEK Athens, go down. Now there are only two, Olympiakos and Panathinaikos, and Pana seem to be a distant second in every aspect these days. All the money goes to Oly, the rich get richer, the poor get poorer...

I always knew there was something cool about PAOK and something not quite right about Olympiakos. The reason I care? I have Greek blood. My father is Olympiakos and Liverpool - he started following Olympiakos when he was ten years old, after being taken to one of their games in Athens when he did a year of school in Greece. Then back in Australia in the 70s he started following Liverpool because we are also red and white. So that's what I adopted from my father, the two red and white teams. I was never seriously passionate about Olympiakos, I enjoyed seeing a Greek team do well in Europe but I always saw something fishy there, it is common knowledge that the Greek league is corrupt to the core. Now I have more information on it and can think about it more. I am proud to inherit these two great clubs of red and white from my father, but I don't know. What I love about Liverpool is the us against them mentality of us supporters. I have had this mentality from a young age myself. If Olympiakos completely goes against this then I may have to cut that allegiance... after a little more thought.
      « Last Edit: Mar 20, 2014 04:49:56 pm by Del Boca Vista »
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #34: Mar 20, 2014 04:47:59 pm
      This topic is about how just because two teams both wearing red and white that have been through stadium tragedies does not mean they are sister clubs. I can fully understand how this 'relationship' between the two clubs is contrived. I guess the threadmaker is just warning us not to have the wool pulled over our eyes.

It's kind of my point mate.

I wasn't aware of any connection between the clubs anyway and the thought never really entered my head so that's why I was a bit confused in this thread.

bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      Reply #35: Mar 20, 2014 04:57:51 pm
      I don't get this affiliation club lark , fellas supporting us and Rangers , Celtic , Barca , Draw the line in the sand and F**k them off . PAOK problems are their own not ours .
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #36: Mar 20, 2014 05:23:10 pm
      No it isn't. There are at least 2,5 mil PAOK fans in Greece and another 2,5 mil all over the world.
      A big percent of them support Liverpool too, like me 
      I will not argue with a fellow supporter. We will always share our love for Mighty Liverpool.

Ignore him, he's being a douchebag. I guess there is a cultural difference in England because most fans don't feel any connection with any other club other than Liverpool. As an example, just because Celtic sing YNWA doesn't mean they're our sister club. But I know it's quiet common in other countries for fans of certain clubs to feel an association and connection with other foreign teams, such as in your case, Liverpool. I know people in Slovenia and Romania who are passionate about their local clubs but also about Liverpool. It's just not something we tend to feel in this country, hence many people's confusion :)

I don't get this affiliation club lark , fellas supporting us and Rangers , Celtic , Barca , Draw the line in the sand and f**k them off . PAOK problems are their own not ours .

I don't think he's talking about affiliation, he's simply drawing parallels between our two clubs.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,320 posts | 1524 
      Reply #37: Mar 20, 2014 10:53:47 pm
      Liverpool F.C. and its supporters is unique. It doesn't  need to be associated with any other club. Other clubs may feel they need or want to be associated with Liverpool F.C. for a number of reasons. If they are corrupt, as is being suggested with PAOK, we certainly don't need to be associated with them. We've got along just fine on our own for years, been the envy of most clubs worldwide for years, and been admired for many different reasons by millions world-wide for years.
       Who needs association with anyone ? certainly not Liverpool.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #38: Mar 20, 2014 11:03:13 pm

Been wondering how it lasted on the main board for as long as it has...got in early thinking it would get locked.,.,,  :)
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #39: Mar 21, 2014 12:09:02 am
      And after 40 posts, we've discovered that there is indeed no connection between us and Olympiakos or any other Greek club. We can rest easy.
      manwithnoname
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 31 
      Reply #40: Mar 21, 2014 09:25:01 pm
      I don't get this affiliation club lark , fellas supporting us and Rangers , Celtic , Barca , Draw the line in the sand and f**k them off . PAOK problems are their own not ours .

There used to be loads of 'half and half' Liverpool and Celtic or Rangers bobble hats in The Kop during the 80s
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      Reply #41: Mar 21, 2014 10:07:24 pm
      There used to be loads of 'half and half' Liverpool and Celtic or Rangers bobble hats in The Kop during the 80s
      And you know what most of us think about halfy halfs mate .

manwithnoname
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 31 
      Reply #42: Mar 21, 2014 10:10:17 pm
      And you know what most of us think about halfy halfs mate .

Well, I think the Celtic/ Rangers fad lasted a while. There used to be Celtic/ Rangers chants at matches too. Pretty sure I had the Celtic half-bobble. Because my parents are Irish and Catholic it seemed the obvious choice
      Jonathan Mayers
      • Forum Youth Player
      • Started Topic

• 11 posts |
      Reply #43: Mar 24, 2014 03:48:57 pm
      I've already made my point and I'm glad that a lot of people read about it whether you agreed or not.

To put it simply; Olympiakos is "The Man's" club. It represents the system. It has so much control over the Greek league that it makes Manchester United look like a wholesome family club with true ethics and values. This Greek poster is telling us that PAOK are a club that stand for the same things that Liverpool do, but Olympiakos are trying to create some kind of bond with Liverpool just because we share colors in common. Trying to wash away some of that dirty stigma by being associated with a 'real' club.

I always knew there was something cool about PAOK and something not quite right about Olympiakos. The reason I care? I have Greek blood.

@ Del Boca Vista. Thank you mate for your support. I'm sure that many people od Greek origin (and not only) will agree with your words.

@ all the others. I do not expect to understand that one can support his country team and an international Club at the same time. But I'm sure that you understand that someone: let's say is from Stevenage, Hertfordshire and supports bith Stevenage and Liverpool. Is it bad? I don't think so.
      Liverpool is an international club, whether you like it or not, it's not and english or british or UKish team only.
      I think Liverpool have more fans outside of England than in England.
      Most of us never came to the field to watch a live game, but we still learn the news from tv. web. apps etc.
      I don't think that you were more excited than Cardiff's 6 goals we scored last weekend !!!!
      So please allow us the joy of remembering those early 70's black and white tv, Liverpool game broadcasts, we watched with our fathers and made us love our team, and not feeling guilty about it.!
      TheRedPanda
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 362 posts | 82 
      Reply #44: Apr 19, 2014 05:50:34 am
      Greek Soccer Team Surrounds The Field With A Ring Of Flares Before A Game

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/paok-olympiakos-fire-2014-4#ixzz2zIwqvSwG

Some proper nuts over there in PAOK
      nikos
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 637 posts | 123 
      Reply #45: Jun 06, 2014 09:39:43 am

This is the man thanks to whom the two clubs (Liverpool and Paok) bear affiliation with each other. This noble and at the same time commanding figure existed and lived under the name Les Shannon to whom PAOK FC owes the best part of their history,for some even their own existance. Not only did he manage for three years from 1971 to 1974 (this is considered a long period of time for the Greek standards) but he reformed the entire club as well, taking PAOK from a long dark era of oblivion and establishing them among the big clubs in Greece. During his spell P.A.O.K. won the Greek cup twice (1972,1974) along with loads of new fans, but not the Greek league because of reasons that have been correctly mentioned before by "Jonathan Meyers"in his OP. These were the first trophies won by the club.

I still remember when his voice had been last heard on the Greek TV. It was on 12 May 2001 just after the FA cup final between Arsenal and Liverpool 1-2. He said he was happy with the result but he had to postpone his celebrations for three hours later until the ''second half'' for the day was completed since that very evening the respective Greek cup final between PAOK and Olympiacos was to be held. For the record, its result  was a thrashing 4-2 for PAOK. That day should be included among the happiest in his life as he later stated. The icing on the cake of course was the UEFA cup glorious win four nights later by Liverpool (should have got him over the moon) and so one more treble was added in the club's tally.

Les Shannon played for Liverpool in the years 1945-1949 and he was Dave's Shannon father, Academy coach at Liverpool.

You will always be remembered with love by all of us P.A.O.K. fans "Mister" (this was what the players called him) and you'll always live in our hearts! A big thank you from us all for gracing and honouring our club with your presence. "LIVERPOOL and P.A.O.K. will always have a place  in my heart'' used to say (what an honour indeed!).

May God rest his soul !!!

« Last Edit: Jun 07, 2014 08:29:24 am by nikos »

Quick Reply