Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W10 D9 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. So who wins it?

Liverpool FC
      185 (75.8%)
      Manchester City
      45 (18.4%)
      Chelsea
      12 (4.9%)
      Arsenal
      2 (0.8%)

Total Members Voted: 240

The 'Run In'

Read 103794 times
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Re: The 'Run In'
      Reply #115: Mar 23, 2014 02:10:20 pm
      Most important game now is Sunderland

need another 3 points. Banging six past cardiff wont help their a**es much, and we need to tell the groundsmen to stick an extra andrex or 6 in the away dressing room, but we need to win

Utd growing a pair and getting a draw would be useful as well
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,144 posts | 4897 
      Reply #116: Mar 23, 2014 02:16:37 pm
      Ha ha I know mate its almost like we take responsibility for what happens on the pitch by our actions on here. Im just convinced now though. Our home form is so good and the away games left are all very winnable. Our biigest concern now Is Stevies yellow card peril and if we lost anyone to injury particularly SAS 

I think we can win every game Bri and we are good enough to do so but I don't know if we actually will in reality as it would be some run of results.

But I also see the others dropping points somewhere along the line as well so going to be very close.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #117: Mar 23, 2014 02:22:05 pm
      I still am mate.

I just don't want to jinx it and I'm normally not even superstitious.

I almost did the same mate - then my conscience on the other side kicked in and I thought "...if I don't believe..."...this football lark has me schizophrenic  :mad:
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #118: Mar 23, 2014 02:22:52 pm
      I think we can win every game Bri and we are good enough to do so but I don't know if we actually will in reality as it would be some run of results.

But I also see the others dropping points somewhere along the line as well so going to be very close.

I agree mate, but we mustn't drop points in the two games against Citeh and Chelsea.... those are even more " must win" games than the rest if that is possible :)

I honestly think we can win the next 8 games, my worry is that one bad result at this stage may knock the wind out of our sails... so lets just keep on winning! 
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,144 posts | 4897 
      Reply #119: Mar 23, 2014 02:25:36 pm
      I agree mate, but we mustn't drop points in the two games against Citeh and Chelsea.... those are even more " must win" games than the rest if that is possible :)

I honestly think we can win the next 8 games, my worry is that one bad result at this stage may knock the wind out of our sails... so lets just keep on winning! 

Agree on the City/Chelsea games Saint.

We simply have to win those to have a chance I feel.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #120: Mar 23, 2014 02:25:42 pm
      One question....

Arsenal?

Ok two questions....

Really?
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,290 posts | 1514 
      Reply #121: Mar 23, 2014 03:57:57 pm
      I read somewhere that when the arse last won the perm, they won their last 11 games.
      I think we will need to win our remaining 8, so that will make 14 consecutive wins. Is that too much to ask ? or are we setting even more new records.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,144 posts | 4897 
      Reply #122: Mar 23, 2014 04:02:04 pm
      I read somewhere that when the arse last won the perm, they won their last 11 games.
      I think we will need to win our remaining 8, so that will make 14 consecutive wins. Is that too much to ask ? or are we setting even more new records.

I think we might need some sort of record to win it this year.

All depends on how many points City and Chelsea drop though but from our point of view we can't afford to take any chances and expect them to slip up.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,003 posts | 3351 
      Reply #123: Mar 23, 2014 07:10:03 pm
      It'll be interesting to see just how Chelsea and City approach the games at Anfield. Will they look at it and think a point away to Liverpool is a good result and it's two points dropped for us or will they think that they have to beat us to knock us out the race for the title.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #124: Mar 23, 2014 07:24:50 pm
      And then there were three. Arsenal cannot win it now (I don't care about the mathematics, they cannot win it) so it's a three way shoot out. I've a hunch that ALL THREE teams who are in the hunt will have a good go at f*cking it up, and as little as 19 points out of our last 8 games might be good enough, providing we beat Citeh and Chelsea.
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #125: Mar 23, 2014 07:25:50 pm
      It'll be interesting to see just how Chelsea and City approach the games at Anfield. Will they look at it and think a point away to Liverpool is a good result and it's two points dropped for us or will they think that they have to beat us to knock us out the race for the title.

Mourinho will almost certainly try to kill the game, play for a draw or a 1-0 win, Pelligrini will try to win the game I think.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #126: Mar 23, 2014 07:37:08 pm

It depends what happens before then Billy, if the league is as it is now points wise they probably don't need to win, whereas we will.  If they've both dropped points but we haven't they definitely need to win but we won't.

I'd love it if we weren't catchable by the time the chavs visit Anfield, then we can play without fear and take them to the cleaners  ;)
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,144 posts | 4897 
      Reply #127: Mar 23, 2014 09:33:52 pm

Mourinho will almost certainly go into the game very tight and looking to nick a win but settle for a point.

City is a much more easy game in a sense in that they will let us play to a certain extent.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #128: Mar 23, 2014 10:24:17 pm
      Mourinho will almost certainly go into the game very tight and looking to nick a win but settle for a point.

City is a much more easy game in a sense in that they will let us play to a certain extent.

Pretty much how I see it.

I do think our front men can get at both central defensive line-ups big time - worth remembering Danny boy missed both games....
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,144 posts | 4897 
      Reply #129: Mar 23, 2014 10:26:37 pm
      I do think our front men can get at both central defensive line-ups big time - worth remembering Danny boy missed both games....

Agree but I just think Mourinho will be dying not to lose that game and Pelligrini may leave his side a bit more open.

Chelsea wll be our toughest game of the run in I feel.

Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #130: Mar 23, 2014 10:29:05 pm
      Agree but I just think Mourinho will be dying not to lose that game and Pelligrini may leave his side a bit more open.

Chelsea wll be our toughest game of the run in I feel.

I getcha mate
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,144 posts | 4897 
      Reply #131: Mar 23, 2014 10:30:02 pm

Agree on our front men as well Scotia.

We'll score against both sides. Just about how well we do at the back.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #132: Mar 23, 2014 10:33:38 pm
      Agree on our front men as well Scotia.

We'll score against both sides. Just about how well we do at the back.

Yep - I posted earlier that I'm going to try to just trust our destructiveness to win through now till it let's me down.

How long I maintain that...who knows but I'm gonna try to hang tough with it.
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,121 posts | 126 
      Reply #133: Mar 23, 2014 10:45:26 pm
      I think we will have to win all of our last 8 games to have any chance at all.
      But how good would that be peeps?
      7DocUnleashed
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 27 posts | 10 
      Reply #134: Mar 23, 2014 11:27:57 pm
      City's run in looks tough. Chelski's run in looks the best/easiest.
      Apart from the fact that they have to come to us. And if we beat them, then we will be 2 points ahead of them.

3 games ago I would have taken 5 points from away trips to Southampton, United and Cardiff. We got 9 points!!!!!

We have the momentum and, if we beat Chelski, then I really do think we can do this.

We will be champions. How's that for a first post.  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,144 posts | 4897 
      Reply #135: Mar 23, 2014 11:42:37 pm
      City's run in looks tough. Chelski's run in looks the best/easiest.
      Apart from the fact that they have to come to us. And if we beat them, then we will be 2 points ahead of them.

3 games ago I would have taken 5 points from away trips to Southampton, United and Cardiff. We got 9 points!!!!!

We have the momentum and, if we beat Chelski, then I really do think we can do this.

We will be champions. How's that for a first post.  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

If you jinx us actually being champions you might not make many more. ;)
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,003 posts | 3351 
      Reply #136: Mar 24, 2014 01:12:47 am
      Mourinho will almost certainly try to kill the game, play for a draw or a 1-0 win, Pelligrini will try to win the game I think.

I probably agree with this, I think Mourinho will see a point as a good result whereas City are a bit like us in the sense that they go for the win at all costs.

It depends what happens before then Billy, if the league is as it is now points wise they probably don't need to win, whereas we will.  If they've both dropped points but we haven't they definitely need to win but we won't.

Again I agree with this Debs but I still think Chelsea would likely come to Anfield in hope of picking up a point and catching us in the remaining two games as opposed to coming hell bent on the victory and risking losing the title there and then. City, I think regardless of what happens between now and then will still come looking for the win.

City will more likely play into our hands with a more open game, forcing us to be at our very best at the back and getting the ball forward as quickly as possible.
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #137: Mar 24, 2014 10:10:10 am
      Bit of maths coming up

Top 3 so far like this.

Chavs       31   69
      Redmen      30   65
      Citeh      28  63

If each individual team got max points they would finish like this

Citeh      93
      Chavs      90
      Redmen      89

Course we all know we have to play both City and Chelsea at home, which makes it more interesting.  If we were to win all of our games and City and Chelsea only lose to us the table would finish like this.

Citeh      90
      Redmen      89
      Chavs      87

We have the upper hand on Chelsea, win all of our games, maths is on our side – we’ll finish higher.  My fear is City.  But….  They have 3 on paper tough away games

United
      Arsenal
      Everton

City play United tomorrow who are having a slight turn in fortunes (hahahahaha) and then on Saturday afternoon they go to Arsenal who will be sore after the Chelsea game. 

I would rather be where we are right now, having played the games and gotten the points than to be where City are and playing catch up

Quick Reply