Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. So who wins it?

Liverpool FC
      185 (75.8%)
      Manchester City
      45 (18.4%)
      Chelsea
      12 (4.9%)
      Arsenal
      2 (0.8%)

Total Members Voted: 240

The 'Run In'

Read 103805 times
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Re: The 'Run In'
      Reply #23: Mar 17, 2014 02:43:02 pm
      Quote from AussieRed
      Was going to say the same mate. Chelsea look to only have those 2 games mentioned that will cause them real concern. We have them, City and I have a small fear of going to West Ham for some strange reason.

You didn't bet on Chelsea losing at Villa so.

It's the away games of each club where the title will be lost. Everyone but Arsenal is practically waterproof at home. We should win at the madhouse next week, but West Ham and Palace will be tricky enough down there. They won't play pretty football by any means but we'll have to deal with it. Not too bothered about Arsenal tbh. They'll implode completely somewhere along the line.

I love having games in hand, and the one we have could be crucial. Obviously it would be better if we had 3 games in hand, but all we can do is take advantage of the one we have, and see where it leaves us. Give me that anytime, over having to sit it out and watch rivals capitalise on results like Chelsea's at Villa.
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,604 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #24: Mar 17, 2014 02:50:49 pm
      The next weekend are hugh.  We must take 3 points against Cardiff.

Chelsea Vs Arsenal - one or both of them will lose points   ;D
      Optimum result will be draw then both lost points.  ;)

Tottenham          Vs      Southampton
      Manchester City    Vs     Fulham
      West Ham Utd    Vs      Manchester Utd
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,288 posts | 2806 
      Reply #25: Mar 17, 2014 03:10:24 pm
      City and Chelsea at home will decide it. We win both and we'll win the league. If not then whichever of the two comes to Anfield and gets a better result will win it IMO.

Don't think Arsenal can keep up as I can see them dropping a fair few points in their next four.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #26: Mar 17, 2014 03:21:10 pm
      We're making the mistake of discounting the mid-low teams and concentrating purely on City & Chelsea.

We have a habit of turning up and blitzing the "big" opposition at Anfield, so the important games right now are the relegation fodder - your Sunderlands, Norwiches, Palaces - they're all fighting for survival. They will be tougher games, for me, than any other.

Win those games and we have a massive chance.

We also have to keep in mind that although City have games in hand, they're not necessarily points on the board. As we've witnessed countless times this season, anybody can lose to anybody. We have to expect City, Arsenal, Chelsea to drop points at some stage. 9+ game winning runs are very rare indeed.
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #27: Mar 17, 2014 03:29:13 pm
      Hoping Everton get themselves in with a shout of top 4 come the Citeh game.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #28: Mar 17, 2014 03:41:32 pm
      I think Man Utd away can be removed from the 'tricky away fixtures' for Man City.  Although hadn't realised they also had game away at Arsenal and Everton. 

Mind you if we are still involved at the top with three games left then Everton will roll over for City.

Disagree with this. City at home is their cup final now.

If Moyes has any sense he will have learnt from the pasting we just gave them and set his stall out much better against them.

*' Just realised I've just said if Moyes has any sense'.

Yeah city will smash them 5-0.

mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #29: Mar 17, 2014 03:44:37 pm
      I said City at the start of the season and I'm going to stick with that for the time being purely because they hold the key to everybody else's success from now until the end of the season with the games they have in hand. In the tricky games that City have left (United away, Liverpool away, Everton away and Arsenal away) I think they'll drop points against us and maybe, just maybe Arsenal.

I've predicted that we will pick up 23 points from our final matches, Arsenal will pick up 21, Chelsea 20 and City 28. That results in Arsenal finishing 4th on 83, Liverpool finishing 3rd on 85, Chelsea in 2nd on 86 and City in 1st with 88.

I'm not very good at predicting stuff like this though so I expect it to be something completely different :).
      Scottish Scouser
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 703 posts | 34 
      Reply #30: Mar 17, 2014 04:20:23 pm
      https://www.thesportspredictor.com/app/?_tp=predictor&f_mp=true

Since the BBC's has been disabled, I used this predictor for all games between now and end of the season.

Came out with us winning the league by 2 points, ahead of Chelsea, then Arsenal and City 4th.

Call me an optimist :roll: :D
      staffletop
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 679 posts | 29 
      Reply #31: Mar 17, 2014 05:48:27 pm
      Obviously voted for us but (not so obviously) because I genuinely believe we will win it now.
      Upto yesterday I was hoping we could win it but hoping without much conviction. Before yesterdays game I was more nervous than I have been for years, and said if we beat the scum convincingly we will win the league. Well we did and I believe we will.

Just to tally up the points...if we win all our games we will win the league, and I believe we will win all our remaining games, someone do the math for me, but I think that means we will be clear winners.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #32: Mar 17, 2014 05:52:10 pm
      Just to tally up the points...if we win all our games we will win the league, and I believe we will win all our remaining games, someone do the math for me, but I think that means we will be clear winners.

Not quite, but nearly.

In the event that we won all our remaining games, Man city could afford to lose to us if they won all their other matches, they would pip us by a point.

But I don't think either of us will win every match, with so many top sides facing one another in the last few games, it's more a case of who drops the least points wins it IMO.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #33: Mar 17, 2014 06:51:19 pm
      Chelsea have the easiest run in on paper, but as this weekend proved with their loss to Villa, anything can happen.

I'm least looking forward to our road trip to West Ham, believe it or not. You just know Fat Sam is going to play 10 behind the ball for 90 minutes and look for a scoreless draw if not a smash-and-grab.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #34: Mar 17, 2014 07:14:29 pm
      I just did it and came out with:
      1. City
      2. LFC
      3. Chavs
      4. Arse
      5. Everton
      6. Southampton
      7.Spurs
      8. Scum

I always thought we'd get 4th, hoped for 3rd and feel realistic about 2nd.
      1st would be amazing but now City are out of the CL i can see them really knuckling down and winning the PL by 2 points.
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #35: Mar 17, 2014 08:29:45 pm
      We need Rodgers to help us keep our feet on the ground! :)

We can only win our games. Do that & I'll be happy.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #36: Mar 17, 2014 08:49:32 pm
      It's games against footballs equivalent of Status Quo (e.g. Palace and West Ham) that will be really tough also.

I would just love to have the team and form we have at the moment and go back in time to replay those games against Southampton and Hull.

The Spurs game felt like the 'eureka' moment of this season, where we found that formula after a bit of tinkering in the first half of the season. It's changed since then, but for the better.

Hopefully the trend continues - second half of last season was good, first half of this season built upon that, and the second half of this year has been superb. Hopefully that rise continues going into next season, and the next season, and then the next one, and then the one after that....
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #37: Mar 17, 2014 09:49:42 pm
      I say we end up tied at 85 points with City. Winner decided by goal difference.

Beat Cardiff
      Beat Sunderland
      Draw Tottenham
      Draw West Ham
      Beat City
      Beat Norwich
      Beat Chelsea
      Beat Palace
      Beat Newcastle

Voted for us because im biased, but i expect a very tight finish. It ALL depends on our matches against Chelsea and City.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #38: Mar 17, 2014 10:25:23 pm
      I'd be more concerned with facing the teams in a relegation scrap where every point is vital, especially those we face away from home. As we've seen all season, anyone can beat anyone in this league this year and as cliched as it may be, there are no easy games. We have to approach every game as if it were United or Everton because walk in to any one of our remaining nine games thinking it's a done deal just because they're lying 4th from bottom and we'll have thrown away the title.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,487 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #39: Mar 17, 2014 10:44:22 pm
      Yes we are right to be wary of the so called smaller clubs, that's to be expected and I wouldn't want it any other way. We should never underestimate any team. That's sound thinking. But it's a different situation now. It's a situation that's rarely been evident for almost 25 years.

For the first time in a long time, opposition teams are now worried about us! "Oh no! We're playing Liverpool next!"

Fortress Anfield - British Tour 2014 - Coming to a Club Near You Soon.

European tickets to go on sale this May
      Paul_LFC
      • Forum John Toshack

• 256 posts | 10 
      Reply #40: Mar 17, 2014 10:46:45 pm
      We're making the mistake of discounting the mid-low teams and concentrating purely on City & Chelsea.

We have a habit of turning up and blitzing the "big" opposition at Anfield, so the important games right now are the relegation fodder - your Sunderlands, Norwiches, Palaces - they're all fighting for survival. They will be tougher games, for me, than any other.

Win those games and we have a massive chance.

We also have to keep in mind that although City have games in hand, they're not necessarily points on the board. As we've witnessed countless times this season, anybody can lose to anybody. We have to expect City, Arsenal, Chelsea to drop points at some stage. 9+ game winning runs are very rare indeed.

Exactly, it's the lower teams we need to be wary of. Lack of concentration and complacency can cost us as it has in previous seasons. The amount of times we drew at home in 08/09 against sh*te teams was unreal. As far as I'm concerned, it's one game at a time. We SHOULD beat Cardiff but it's arguably just as big a game for them as it is us.
      Scottbot

• 9,593 posts | 2153 
      Reply #41: Mar 17, 2014 11:04:01 pm
      I still think Chelsea have the edge and have selected them in the poll. I also hate the way they play, absolute spoiler approach and very reliant on their midfielders to get the goals but Maureen has been in this position so many items before that it probably given them the edge. That doesn't mean I don't think we can do it, we can. I just like to see us as the outsiders for my own self-preservation. I felt physically sick watching the game yesterday, even at 2-0 because we had so much to lose now that we are on the cusp of something big.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #42: Mar 18, 2014 07:33:24 am
      The margins in the title race here are really quite impossible to draw at this stage. I mean look at the weekend. Yeah, we all looked at manure as a hopeful curb stomp of a game - but I bet no one could have realistically predicted us going 3-0 at OT while Chelsea lose to Aston Villa.

I've looked at many scenarios and sat here and thought "F**k IT" - I feel we are the best team in the league right now, it's in our hands. The others have dropped points more times recently than we have, so I expect that to continue. We keep our form up, its ours.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #43: Mar 18, 2014 07:54:00 am
      I go into every season with the belief that we will win the league, at this stage of the season  there is nothing to change my belief. However whatever the outcome is it will never stop me from believing in the MIGHTY REDS of ANFIELD LIVERPOOL.
      LFCBosnia
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 353 posts | 12 
      Reply #44: Mar 18, 2014 08:06:37 am
      Shameful if We don't win it. Not only for us Liverpool supporters but for football fans around the world. We are a young team with a young manager who likes to play free flowing attacking football.
      Brendan said it - if we win all of our remaining fixtures we still might not lift the title so I'm just enjoying myself watching our players giving everything they got every game.
      We are dreaming together and We are confident and when You mix those 2 together you get results. We lacked those in previous years not to mention some exceptional players We have at Our disposal with our captain fired up like never before.
      City and Chelsea are coming to visit red hot Anfield and it may just be the case where we pull all we got out of our sleeves and show those plastics how the game should be played.

Come on You Reds! Make us even more proud and reestablish that force again!

YNWA :scarf: :kop5cf8koxp6:
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #45: Mar 18, 2014 08:51:34 am
      Right now, every game is bigger than the last.

we need to get past Cardiff first before we look at anything else. Focus on the task at hand - ie, next game, 3 points - ideally a clean sheet, preferably totting up a few more in the GD column

Quick Reply