Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. So who wins it?

Liverpool FC
      185 (75.8%)
      Manchester City
      45 (18.4%)
      Chelsea
      12 (4.9%)
      Arsenal
      2 (0.8%)

Total Members Voted: 240

The 'Run In'

Read 103796 times
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Re: The 'Run In'
      Reply #46: Mar 18, 2014 09:04:09 am
      Do we play Cardiff before Chelsea v Arsenal?

Cardiff will be a very very tough game, fighting for their lives at the bottom.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,144 posts | 4897 
      Reply #47: Mar 18, 2014 09:09:40 am
      I'm trying to dampen my own expecations in my head just to try and keep sane.

I start every season thinking we can win the league and that our squad is strong enough to compete and this one was no different but as the season has progressed I've found myself becoming more cautious and I think it's because I just won't allow myself to think it's going to happen in case it doesn't.

On the run in I can see us winning every game as we just look in that type of mood but some of the others have the potential to win their remaining games as well.

Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #48: Mar 18, 2014 10:29:53 am
      Do we play Cardiff before Chelsea v Arsenal?

Cardiff will be a very very tough game, fighting for their lives at the bottom.

Think Chavs is lunchtime, we are usual 3pm
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #49: Mar 18, 2014 10:49:05 am
      Think Chavs is lunchtime, we are usual 3pm

Yeah lunchtime ko for the chavs with us and city at 3, followed by the scum at teatime.  It's going to be a busy Saturday  ;D
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #50: Mar 18, 2014 11:20:31 am
      Yeah lunchtime ko for the chavs with us and city at 3, followed by the scum at teatime.  It's going to be a busy Saturday  ;D

Hopefully by 2:30pm we shall see the chavs and the arse sharing the spills with a point each. Am I right in thinking the scum have a tricky away trip to West Ham?
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #51: Mar 18, 2014 12:05:14 pm
      Hopefully by 2:30pm we shall see the chavs and the arse sharing the spills with a point each. Am I right in thinking the scum have a tricky away trip to West Ham?

Same here, we don't want either of them taking 3 points if we're going to win the Title.

They have mate yeah.
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #52: Mar 18, 2014 12:12:30 pm
      I've just taken a look at the next 3 games for Arsenal and if they loose both games against Chelski and City, they have almost certainly eliminated themselves as contender. However, if they win both games it gives us a chance to close the gap between Chelski and City. At is is,  I'd prefer Arsenal to win both games so that we don't allow Chelsea and City to surge further ahead but on the other hand I can't stand those c**nts from highbury.
      « Last Edit: Mar 18, 2014 12:32:09 pm by redkop63 »
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #53: Mar 18, 2014 12:20:15 pm
      I've just taken a look at the next 3 games for Arsenal and if they loose both games against Chelski and City, they have almost certainly eliminated themselves as contender. However, if they win both games it gives us a chance to close the gap between Chelski and City. At is is,  I'd prefer Arsenal to win both games so that we don't allow Chelsea and Arsenal to surge further ahead but on the other hand I can't stand those c**nts from highbury.

Draws would be even better as that helps us more mate  ;)
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #54: Mar 18, 2014 12:31:36 pm
      ^^^ reddebs, yes that could be a better option.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #55: Mar 18, 2014 12:36:05 pm
      Same here, we don't want either of them taking 3 points if we're going to win the Title.

They have mate yeah.

I think not having a quality striker is going to cost them in the game at the weekend and the game against us.

I thought it was, going to be a tricky one for the scum but has no relevance to the Champions League positions, only bonus is United could drop further behind us.
      Porsgrunn
      • Forum Youth Player

• 9 posts |
      Reply #56: Mar 18, 2014 12:39:19 pm
      Its simple........the game vs Cardiff and only then focus on the next game.

Sure way to throw away possibilities is focussing on games in the future - BR won't be doing it. We've exceeded expectations already so relax and enjoy the ride game by game.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #57: Mar 18, 2014 12:50:31 pm
      Surely we have to be able to beat Cardiff, I haven't watched them lately but they seem to be very hit and miss with results at the moment. I guess it depends if they try to park the bus though but I still think we have 3 or 4 very very good keys to unlock any defence.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #58: Mar 18, 2014 12:55:51 pm
      I'd divide the remaining 9 games into 2 stages. The first stage, the next 4 games I'd simply call it "keeping up with the leading pack" ......

Cardiff v Liverpool
      Liverpool v Sunderland
      Liverpool v Spurs
      West ham v Liverpool

.... we need maximum points from these games. We have to ensure that we don't loose any points from these 4-games to keep up with the rest of the contenders. If we are able to gather max points the picture will be clearer as to where we stand after this.

While the last 5 games, we need to do a "final sprint"  ....

Liverpool v Man City
      Norwich v Liverpool
      Liverpool v Chelsea
      Crystal Palace v Liverpool
      Liverpool v Newcastle

This "final sprint' we have to make sure that we win at least 3 of the 5 games while the 2 tough games if we can come away with a draw or a win will be a bonus. So in essence, the critical stage is stage 1, we have to ensure that we win all the games while in the 2nd and final stage we may lose some points here and there while the contenders will also drop points along the way. In essence, the next 4 games will be extremely importatnt to us as far as I'm concern, we must not loose any points before the tough 2nd stage games starts. Otherwise, our challenge will end prematurely. That's how I sees it, some may not agree though.

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #59: Mar 18, 2014 01:03:50 pm
      I think not having a quality striker is going to cost them in the game at the weekend and the game against us.

I thought it was, going to be a tricky one for the scum but has no relevance to the Champions League positions, only bonus is United could drop further behind us.

You might be right but you know Jose he'll find a way somehow.

As for the scum, there an irrelevance now this season at least but it's always nice to see them losing. 
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #60: Mar 18, 2014 01:05:33 pm
      I'd divide the remaining 9 games into 2 stages.
      What a good idea.  :nod:

the critical stage is stage 1, we have to ensure that we win all the games while in the 2nd and final stage we may lose some points here and there while the contenders will also drop points along the way. In essence, the next 4 games will be extremely importatnt to us as far as I'm concern, we must not loose any points before the tough 2nd stage games starts. Otherwise, our challenge will end prematurely. That's how I sees it, some may not agree though.
      So what you're saying is stay in touch by winning the next four then look to push on by improving on the points tally, from last season, against the last five? I like your thinking mate.  ;)
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #61: Mar 18, 2014 01:53:53 pm
      As for the scum, there an irrelevance now this season at least but it's always nice to see them losing. 

That it certainly is! :D
      Tadders

• 6,723 posts | 566 
      Reply #62: Mar 18, 2014 03:59:10 pm
      If Man Utd cannot get up for their derby then they are in huge trouble. The serious danger to us winning are of course the Chavs and City.
      Us totally trouncing\destroying\wiping the floor with\pissing all over\* (*delete as appropriate) with the scum may even prove to have an added bonus in that they get a draw or something unlikely against City.
      City are beatable without Aguero, the longer he stays out the better. Chelsea - I had £100 on them to win at Villa and could not have been more happy for them to F**k it up, this shows teams will have strange results - so will we.

I think we will probably need 8 wins to win it and that is an incredible ask.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #63: Mar 18, 2014 05:15:37 pm
      To think that, for the neutral, the 1996 Liverpool v Newcastle was the greatest Premier League game of all time.

I'd like to think, for us Liverpool fans, the final fixture this season - Liverpool v Newcastle - will be the greatest Premier League game of all time!
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,104 posts | 2762 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #64: Mar 18, 2014 06:25:45 pm
      Cardiff is a massive game. I think well be ok at Carrow road. Palace and wet ham could be sticky fooking Pulis and Allardyce hate us and will try everything to do us over . At home I think we will win the remaining games I don't think even city or Chelsea can stop us in full flow at home.

Cliché mania but 1 game at a time and the next game is the biggest game of the season.

Our lads have mentally been top notch to date. The press and pundits now saying were in the mix needs to stay out of there heads and just keep doing what we have been doing. Lastly on this run in lets pray we stay injury free   
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #65: Mar 18, 2014 07:07:28 pm
      Cardiff have been in shocking form as of late, they've only won 3 games in their last 15, drew 2 and lost 10. We obviously don't want to be getting ahead of ourselves in case things go tits up but there will be no excuses for dropped points against Cardiff. In their last 6 matches they've scored 4 goals and 3 of them were in the same match and have also conceded 11. They've also only won 3 of their last 10 home games.

GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,290 posts | 1514 
      Reply #66: Mar 18, 2014 07:29:20 pm
      Weird as this sounds, I cant get any enthusiasm up about winning the whole thing. I just feel that we are in a great position to secure a top 4 finish, but with a little bit too much to do to win it.
      Even so, I have gone over and over the outstanding fixtures of the top 4 and try as I might, without any favouritism or bias, I have tried to honestly write down the result I expect from all the matches.
      Low and behold, when I total all the points up, it looks like this.
      LIVERPOOL 87
      CITY 86
      CHELSEA 85
      ARSENAL 83

Not aware of how it came to be, but thought we may draw away to West Ham.
      So there you go, think we've got too much to do. Not sure we can maintain out top form for every game till the end of the season.
       Think we are currently 3rd favourites from 4. Teams will park the bus and try to derail us, yet there it is in black and white,
       WE'VE BEEN AND F***ing WON IT.

Still not getting carried away, one game at a time..........
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,480 posts | 231 
      Reply #67: Mar 18, 2014 08:56:41 pm
      Cardiff have been very poor, but hopefully no parallels like what happened at Hull this season. Big supporter unrest before the game and we then played awful. They have a very buyont crowd and they have beaten Man City this season.

West Ham will be the banana skin as usual. I hate big Sam but his record in this league is not too bad and he gets players working for him. Nolan (when he doesn't get sent off) always gets a bucket load of goals, and there is obviously the threat of Caroll.

We should win every game at home, including the two biggies (City and Chelsea)
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #68: Mar 19, 2014 09:18:48 am
      What a good idea.  :nod:
      So what you're saying is stay in touch by winning the next four then look to push on by improving on the points tally, from last season, against the last five? I like your thinking mate.  ;)

Yup that's how I sees it. Win the next 4 games we can start to shout louder and anything can happen after that. But we must really be focussed in the next 4 games.

« Last Edit: Mar 19, 2014 09:30:36 am by redkop63 »

Quick Reply