Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. So who wins it?

Liverpool FC
      185 (75.8%)
      Manchester City
      45 (18.4%)
      Chelsea
      12 (4.9%)
      Arsenal
      2 (0.8%)

Total Members Voted: 240

The 'Run In'

Read 103871 times
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Re: The 'Run In'
      Reply #69: Mar 19, 2014 09:44:41 am
      Yup that's how I sees it. Win the next 4 games we can start to shout louder and anything can happen after that. But we must really be focussed in the next 4 games.
      Agreed  :gt-happyup:

That said we really need to be on top of our game - not just physically but mentally with each game a cup final. If we look at our fixtures in two sets:-

First set [Cardiff through to West Ham] - we gained maximum points, in corresponding ties last season, so even with wins, we gain no further ground points wise [projected 81 pts] but and here's the rub...

Second set [Man City through to Newcastle] - we dropped 8 points, in corresponding ties last season. Match last season in the next four and the potential to improve our points tally, in the last five, is immense... title winning "immense", in fact.

Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #70: Mar 19, 2014 11:52:06 am
      Yup that's how I sees it. Win the next 4 games we can start to shout louder and anything can happen after that.

Fixed it for you. Focus on the next game. Then, when that is over, the game after that.  :)
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,227 posts | 2807 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #71: Mar 19, 2014 01:14:22 pm
      Now down to 3/1 in Paddy Powers we were 16 at the start of the month!
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #72: Mar 19, 2014 11:31:38 pm
      We have the momentum.

CL was my expectation and that for me is job done.

To win the thing would be crazy !   I want it for Stevie. He has earn't it.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #73: Mar 20, 2014 04:25:39 am
      Most of us are expecting us to win next 3 games (Cardiff A, Sunderland Spurs H)
      If we do that'll be 8 wins on the spin - in this league that's a pretty rare feat....
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,170 posts | 520 
      Reply #74: Mar 20, 2014 09:00:27 am
      Most of us are expecting us to win next 3 games (Cardiff A, Sunderland Spurs H)
      If we do that'll be 8 wins on the spin - in this league that's a pretty rare feat....

That is my only worrying thought, no matter how good you are, you just can't keep winning. Hope are run in has been timed to perfection, and not heart break right at the death. Perhaps the winning streak will end with a draw, then we win every game that's left, yep like that idea, don't know why I was worrying  ;D
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #75: Mar 20, 2014 10:27:21 am
      If the Chavs - Arse match ends in a draw, come kick off we will be 5 points behind with 2 games in hand.

A win at Cardiff would take us to 65 points
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,227 posts | 2807 
      Reply #76: Mar 20, 2014 01:29:16 pm
      If the Chavs - Arse match ends in a draw, come kick off we will be 5 points behind with 2 games in hand.

A win at Cardiff would take us to 65 points

Anything but a chelsea win preferably a draw. Do our own business and hope our "buddies" at goodison and old trafford do us a favour v City. Who knows how this will all end up but we might just go into May top!
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #77: Mar 20, 2014 02:06:19 pm
      Anything but a chelsea win preferably a draw. Do our own business and hope our "buddies" at goodison and old trafford do us a favour v City. Who knows how this will all end up but we might just go into May top!

LFC haven't gone into May top of the league since 1st May 1990.

Christ.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,009 posts | 3352 
      Reply #78: Mar 20, 2014 02:06:33 pm
      If we win all our 9 games, we will finish above Chelsea so in effect there isn't a bad result when they take on Arsenal.

Obviously a draw is the best result but if either Arsenal or Chelsea win it isn't the end of the world providing we do our own job.
      PaulKG
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts | 20 
      Reply #79: Mar 20, 2014 06:37:28 pm
      Just want to add one little thing, Gerrard is currently on 8 yellows, the amnesty date is 13th april, so by my calculations we have 4 games before then, and one actually on the 13th. Though Im sure he will have an eye already on this
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #80: Mar 20, 2014 06:52:56 pm
      It is anyone's in that top four so if it's anyone's then obviously going to pick us.

If there is a player more deserving of a Championship medal than Steven Gerrard then the Pope doesn't wear a funny hat. I want it bad anyway but the thought of Stevie getting a medal when everybody, including him, more or less thought deep down that he would never get one makes me want it now a lot more.

We're the form team, the most consistent team and the team with the better strikers.

It's all ours isn't it? Meant to be.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,348 posts | 1622 
      Reply #81: Mar 20, 2014 07:12:39 pm
      Its in our own hands to win it fck everyone else ,why cant we win all our remaining games , the team is virtually picking itself ,its goals that will ultimately decide it and i wouldn,t swap our two for any fcker at the moment ,come on you redmen the glory is awaiting us , in Stevie & Luis i believe we have two individuals who will drag us through it , plus the fact i had a £20 on us at the start of the season ,thats just an extra bonus.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #82: Mar 20, 2014 08:36:00 pm
      Loving it. I'm just constantly walking around with a smile on my face at the moment. It's fantastic to be involved in the Run In and the fact that we are actually talking about it gives me so much satisfation.

Anyone else been walking around and every now and again give a little fist pump? I do, found myself doing the chainsaw recently, just so F***ing pumped.  ;D

Come On You Reds. I BELIEVE!
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,498 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #83: Mar 20, 2014 10:27:00 pm
      Here indeed is AussieRed doing the very chainsaw dance spoken about in his post above outside Old Toilet

Note the 'red' hair of our Aussie brother :D

www.youtube.com/watch?v=REKtfD5_ts4

Also note the mancs in the background who simply cannot hide their obvious approval :lmao:
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #84: Mar 20, 2014 10:45:26 pm
      We are certainly on fire at the moment just need to keep it up and the long lost family heir loom comes home

http://www.whoscored.com/Statistics

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #85: Mar 20, 2014 10:51:48 pm
      There is still a "Villa" game out there for City and Chelsea I believe.

We cant afford to lose points.

We have the home advantage in the big games now.

Its On ....
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #86: Mar 21, 2014 05:00:55 am
      Here indeed is AussieRed doing the very chainsaw dance spoken about in his post above outside Old Toilet

Note the 'red' hair of our Aussie brother :D

www.youtube.com/watch?v=REKtfD5_ts4

Also note the mancs in the background who simply cannot hide their obvious approval :lmao:

:lmao:

Classic mate but I'm a bit darker than that!  :D

Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,227 posts | 2807 
      Reply #87: Mar 21, 2014 12:24:15 pm
      Actually we could be top by Wednesday night if we beat Cardiff tomorrow and Sunderland Wednesday if Arsenal can draw with Chelsea tomorrow as Chelsea dont have a midweek game.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #88: Mar 21, 2014 01:10:04 pm
      Actually we could be top by Wednesday night if we beat Cardiff tomorrow and Sunderland Wednesday if Arsenal can draw with Chelsea tomorrow as Chelsea dont have a midweek game.

We could Brian but I'd prefer not to be just yet.  I think the pressure would ramp up too much if we hit the top too soon, the Chelsea game is the one I'm wanting us to go top then we've just two games to go  ;)
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #89: Mar 21, 2014 01:22:30 pm
      Just want to add one little thing, Gerrard is currently on 8 yellows, the amnesty date is 13th april, so by my calculations we have 4 games before then, and one actually on the 13th. Though Im sure he will have an eye already on this

Good point pal I didn't know this.
      I remember thinking 'wtf' when he took his shirt off to celebrate at Fulham, such a pointless yellow card - could still be costly
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,531 posts | 1770 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #90: Mar 21, 2014 01:29:24 pm
      The way we are playing (without fear) we can win all of our games.

Pressure is off as we have all but secured 4th.

Bring it on.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,227 posts | 2807 
      Reply #91: Mar 21, 2014 07:01:53 pm
      If we do go top on Wednesday I think we will go on and do it if we then beat spurs the following Sunday Id be disappointed if we didn't finish as champions. That's how big the next 3 games are for me

Quick Reply